Page 498 of 644 FirstFirst ... 493494495496497498499500501502503 ... LastLast
Results 14,911 to 14,940 of 19308

Thread: The Girls Only Thread

Default Re: The Girls Only Thread

my life has also been consumed by the gym, but in a completely different way since I never actually set foot inside of one.
    (IT stuff for 24 hour)
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

I've watched the first few episodes of Girls and I think I like it... it has the potential to become really annoying really quickly though.

I recently started watching the walking dead on netflicks, and by recent I mean I have seen 2 or 3 episodes. I know this is me being a total girl, the show freaks me out a little bit, yet I really like the story line etc. I guess I have to be in the right state of mind while watching...
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    I've watched the first few episodes of Girls and I think I like it... it has the potential to become really annoying really quickly though.
    I kind of got that impression from the previews, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    I recently started watching the walking dead on netflicks, and by recent I mean I have seen 2 or 3 episodes. I know this is me being a total girl, the show freaks me out a little bit, yet I really like the story line etc. I guess I have to be in the right state of mind while watching...
    I loved the first season even though it was a bit short. the second season seemed to take a really long time to get going, but the last half of the season was really great. I get a little squeamish at some points, but that's just part of the fun

I do recommend avoiding the walking dead thread though, since it's full of spoilers from the comics and all aired episodes.
    2012 2013 2014

Thanks for the heads up. I think part of the issue for me was I watch tv late at night, because I am rarely home before 9:30. So maybe a day time episode would bode well.
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

That is how I was with American Horror Story, I would only watch in the morning, so I wouldn't still have images in my head come bed time.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Glad it isn't just me. My bf thinks I am being a baby about it, but I had some F'ed up dreams after that.

My BF thinks I am a baby about it too, until I had a nightmare and was screaming and punching in my sleep. He gets it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

^ Ha! Note to self, punch in my sleep=making my point.
    Last edited by ENluv12; 05-02-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Re: Girls. I really enjoyed the first episode but I wasn't a fan of the second one. It seemed like an obvious ripoff of SatC. 4 friends, all different, meeting to discuss their views on sex, friendships, and living in NY. The main character is even a writer, one of the girls is kind of an inexperienced prude, and one is supposed to be more worldly and free. I'm going to give it a couple more episodes to try to win me over but I'm not sure about it quite yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i guess when you put it that way casey, it is similar. but i viewed it as different because it reminded more of my life and other friends. me and my friends really don't spend $600 on shoes or care if we are at the major club opening rubbing elbows with b-list celebrities like sex in the city. i can relate more to the selfish friend who is always late and the girl who wants whatever she doesn't have. i most like the writer girl's "relationship" with that douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I read all the Walking Dead comics (my son got me hooked) and LOVED them! I really like the series, but I get a little freaked watching it as well. I am a total baby when it comes to violence and suspense in movies/TV so don't feel bad.

I just read something about Girls. I'm out numbered in my house hold 3/1 so I never get to watch chick flicks.

I wouldn't mind reading those. I am really glad that I am not the only one who got a little spooked by the series. I thought I was being way over sensitive! haha

also, i feel like casey's sex and the city description could apply to little women, aside from NYC. it's a little broad to say that any tv show about a group of girls is a rip off of sex and the city.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    I found the first episode a little annoying, probably because they were setting up everyone's personas and whatnot and it all felt very forced. The second episode was more tolerable, I lol'd quite a few times. The show is clever, and each girl is relateable in her own way (a la SATC "I'm a Carrie/Sam/Miranda/Charlotte", I was never more of one than the other but a mix of qualities of all of them). Gonna keep watching and see if it grows on me.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    When I first started the show I was totally freaked out to watch it on my own. The first DVD had that zombie girl at the gas station turning and looking at you all creepily every five seconds on the episode menu. Gave me the creeps. But I totally got desensitized to zombie grossness (although the sound of them still icks me out) over the course of the show.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

I am hoping that is what happens because I really like the characters!

They did a good job on casting, and I even like some of the changes they made. Sorry, I know this isn't the WD thread. Anyone watch 2 broke girls? I think it's really funny and you could make a drinking game out of all the blow job innuendos they make. Maybe there already is one.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i guess when you put it that way casey, it is similar. but i viewed it as different because it reminded more of my life and other friends. me and my friends really don't spend $600 on shoes or care if we are at the major club opening rubbing elbows with b-list celebrities like sex in the city. i can relate more to the selfish friend who is always late and the girl who wants whatever she doesn't have. i most like the writer girl's "relationship" with that douchebag.
    I think my post came across as overly negative, though it wasn't meant to be that way. I agree with the part about the characters being more relatable to women our age, and that's why I initially watched the show in the first place. I think it's an interesting idea to cover women in their early 20s in today's society. I think it has potential, that second episode just seemed really rip-offy to me, even in the formula for how the story was told.

I'm about to watch the third one now, though. I will probably wait until season 1 is over to judge fully.
    Last edited by casey; 05-02-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Honestly, give me a bottle of wine and I will watch just about anything at this point. I am so over work right now. I am putting in about 80 hours this week between my "day job" and coaching these 2 teams. I need a break.

I just finished season 2 of Parenthood on Netflix. I wasn't ready! I wonder is season 3 is on hulu plus yet. I haven't gotten around to watching Girls illegally yet. Maybe this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn163 View Post
    Anyone watch 2 broke girls? I think it's really funny and you could make a drinking game out of all the blow job innuendos they make. Maybe there already is one.
    I only started watching this show because it's on after How I Met Your Mother, but it's quickly becoming one of my favorite comedies along with The New Girl. I wish that the hot bartender guy was still around though. we could probably make our own drinking game based on the innuendo or entirely based on the escapades of the cook and the girls' upstairs neighbor (Stifler's mom, lol).
    2012 2013 2014

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I just finished season 2 of Parenthood on Netflix. I wasn't ready! I wonder is season 3 is on hulu plus yet. I haven't gotten around to watching Girls illegally yet. Maybe this weekend.
    Is there even a season 3? I thought the latest season that just finished a couple months ago, was season 2. Ugh, it's hard to tell since so many network shows take these long breaks at the midway point. Did you get to my spoiler part yet?
    2012 2013 2014

Yeah I got there.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Cool, then you're all caught up! sorry to ruin that surprise since it did sort of come out of no where.

it was beyond sweet though
    2012 2013 2014

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    I think my post came across as overly negative, though it wasn't meant to be that way. I agree with the part about the characters being more relatable to women our age, and that's why I initially watched the show in the first place. I think it's an interesting idea to cover women in their early 20s in today's society. I think it has potential, that second episode just seemed really rip-offy to me, even in the formula for how the story was told.

I'm about to watch the third one now, though. I will probably wait until season 1 is over to judge fully.
    i guess i was on enough pain pills to not be annoyed by it i want more though! i watched all of those and all of veep last night.

Ivy, I liked the third episode much better. I'm back in! How did you like veep? It looks funny!

ENluv12, you are one busy woman! I would need more than one bottle of wine.

veep is funny. not the best thing ever, but amusing. i love her aid, the guy from arrested development.

Actually Girls is exactly like Sex And The City, except where Sex And The City was about effete, uninteresting, insultingly stereotyped women written by bad male gay writers, Girls feels like it's a much more realistic and entertaining story that legitimately comes from a female perspective of the current time. At least, I knew a lot of chicks from NY that it reminds me of. I've never met anyone who reminds me of Sex And The City, and if I did I wouldn't want to spend two fucking minutes talking to them about their vapid bullshit lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

whatever, i'm probably an amy, but always wanted to be a beth.