Page 150 of 642 FirstFirst ... 145146147148149150151152153154155 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,500 of 19248

Thread: The Girls Only Thread

Default Re: The Girls Only Thread

captn, I've been to quite a few weddings where all the bridesmaids had different dresses (or had a choice of a couple of styles). They worked with the same seamstress(es) for all dresses, so that everyone had the same fabrics and didn't do anything too wild.

It looks so much better to have dresses that actually look good on each person, as long as the styles are not so dramatically different that they detract from the bridge.

When I've been a bridesmaid, the dresses were always weird pastel colors, polyester, unflattering.

Back when I thought I wanted to get married, I wanted to rent out this old mansion (turned country club) that was built at the turn of the century and had lots of great architectural details and art deco details inside. I was going to have a winter wedding around Christmas time with an ivory velvet dress, sort of 20s styled, and have a vague roaring 20's theme to the event, in a sense of party all night like there will be no tomorrow. Of course in deciding this, I was going to be rich enough to fly everyone to the place I'd picked out and buy/rent them the appropriate type of attire. Because what is the point of getting married if it's not a huge spectacle and party?

I helped an ex and his new g/f plan a wedding (yes weird situation) but I ended up finding a few decent places that were free or low priced here in Phoenix. I just am not a real religious person so the whole wedding ceremony doesn't really mean alot to me. I just want to do it for the party and the presents.

My sister got married on the beach in Hawaii, actually at a spot where they filmed a famous scene from Lost... We are big fans. She isn't religious either and the only person she could find to do the ceremony that wasn't wanting to throw God all over the vows was a hawiann man who marries gay couples. It was the best wedding I have ever attended.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

L to R:

stuck up bitch
    batshit crazy bitch
    bride bitch
    will do anything to get a boyfriend bitch
    stripper bitch
    algunz bitch
    You're pretty good at first impressions, except for stripper bitch. That one was WAY off.

And the answer to the quiz was WDATGAB Bitch.

Anywho, Capt'n I posted a wedding picture in the Post Your Picture thread. We picked the color and I sent them a ribbon to use. The picked whatever dress they could find that came as close to the color as possible. It worked out great because the dresses totally fit their personalities, and they could spend as much money as they were willing.
    Last edited by algunz; 09-23-2009 at 09:55 AM. Reason: spelling mistake that no one called me on . . . thank you

Fortunately, we're only talking about two girls so I'm hoping it won't be much of a deal. Rick's sister is his "Wo"man of honor so she's going to wear a dress the same color as his suit so she looks like she's part of the groom's party. Probably black or dark gray.

I was lucky enough to find a place for an extremely reasonable price (free). I was hoping to use a place that lets you bring in your own caterer and alcohol, but those places have to make money in some way, so they jack up the facility costs. This place (Scottsdale Country Club) has reasonable catering and bar prices, and they were running a special-no facility fees. It's not exactly what I wanted (never wanted to do a golf course wedding; I wanted to do it in a more unique spot), but the price was right and it's workable. It has a nice indoor area with dark wood and dark wood chairs, a huge round patio, and a lawn area, so I can do an indoor/outdoor thing. Plus, the event coordinator is really cool and basically said I can do whatever I want. She even reworked the contract with us so our deposits could be more spread out.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I think the only place I found that was free that you could bring in your own caterer was at Arizona Center downtown in the gazebo area. I use to work down there and with the waterfalls and stuff I thought it would be pretty cool, but then I thought with my luck a movie would let out just as they were saying their vows.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i would have gone with cougar bitch instead of stripper bitch as she looks like she's been partying since she stepped out of the womb and thus looks a bit older than the other girls.

and i think everyone wants a unique wedding until they see the pricetag or the hassles involved. free is much better jen
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Oh man, when my ex boyfriend and I were together we always thought the idea of eloping somewhere (vegas would do, nyc courthouse, wherever!) and then having a party on a later date with our friends and family would be the way to go.

No white dress. No rings (if anything we were going to do the tattoo thing). Popeye's chicken was his only request for food.

Anywho, I look at this blog, ourlaboroflove.com for wedding inspiration. The photographs they take are absolutely adorable!

Hah. While I don't want to get married, I would be interested in a vintage sapphire engagement ring. If someone wanted to give me one without me actually making any sort of commitment.

I don't get the point of marriage.. Everyone always asks when my boyfriend and I are getting married.... It's rather annoying

I love sapphire! My bf got me matching sapphire earrings, bracelet, and necklace for my birthday. I didn't know they made engagement rings out of sapphire. I really hate that all I see are diamond rings, so boring :P

I think marriage has valid 'points' from a legal perspective, for anyone who plans on being partnered for the long term. It needn't be the case, but until and unless people have equivalent coverage under domestic partnerships (for any gender configuration), there is still more protection and benefit offered legally under 'marriage.' If I planned on sharing property, money or kids with someone, I'd consider it. I don't intend on doing any of those things.

My boyfriend and I have lived together and shared money for 4 years now... but still I don't want to think about marriage. I feel married enough, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by brittany View Post
    I didn't know they made engagement rings out of sapphire.
    Yup! Engagement rings used to not be specifically diamonds (precious gemstones of any kind really), and sapphire in particular were popular in the 20's. Can't remember the reason - price compared to diamonds at that time, maybe?

Even sapphire accents look nice to me. Now I'm off looking at jewelry grrrrrrr

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Actually the reason people started favoring diamonds was due to the change from candles to electric lighting. Once lighting got better sparkle became more desired than color.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I had a beautiful diamond engagement ring once. The betch took it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

I didn't get a ring... But I don't wear jewlery so I was ok with that. I would rather someone spend that money on a new house or a car then a sparkly thing on my finger. Or a really good vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I think the only place I found that was free that you could bring in your own caterer was at Arizona Center downtown in the gazebo area. I use to work down there and with the waterfalls and stuff I thought it would be pretty cool, but then I thought with my luck a movie would let out just as they were saying their vows.
    I actually called them twice; they never called me back.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    I think marriage has valid 'points' from a legal perspective, for anyone who plans on being partnered for the long term. It needn't be the case, but until and unless people have equivalent coverage under domestic partnerships (for any gender configuration), there is still more protection and benefit offered legally under 'marriage.' If I planned on sharing property, money or kids with someone, I'd consider it. I don't intend on doing any of those things.
    I used to be a financial counselor and I can't tell you how many people I had in my office that entered themselves into domestic partnerships without the legal benefit of marriage. Eventually, one screwed the other over and without that "piece of paper", they lost everything. Gays fight so hard to get married so they can have the same legal and financial benefits as straight people. It's not just to have the paper for paper's sake.

Long way around to say that Chia is right on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    Actually the reason people started favoring diamonds was due to the change from candles to electric lighting. Once lighting got better sparkle became more desired than color.
    Trivia. You're on fire today (or yesterday, as it were).
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

my friend had a really awesome wedding. she got super creative and the more creative she got the more fun her wedding was. she was on a budget and she wanted three things: to feed people, to have lots of booze, and to get married on the beach. but all that stuff is super expensive. in the end, she spent the most money on the beach but still got a great deal, she costco'd the booze and had a self serve bar which was super fun, and she had the in-n-out truck cater her wedding. her bridesmaids wore black dresses, but they didn't match- she just told them, "wear something that makes you feel amazing", and on the invite she said anyone who wanted to make a small cake could. a lot of people made these really cool cakes, and then the bride & groom gave the best one this really awesome gift package as a thank you.
    Last edited by casey; 09-28-2009 at 12:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    my friend had a really awesome wedding. she got super creative and the more creative she got the more fun her wedding was. she was on a budget and she wanted three things: to feed people, to have lots of booze, and to get married on the beach. but all that stuff is super expensive. in the end, she spent the most money on the beach but still got a great deal, she costco'd the booze and had a self serve bar which was super fun, and she had the in-n-out truck cater her wedding. her bridesmaids wore black dresses, but they didn't match- she just told them, "wear something that makes you feel amazing", and on the invite she said anyone who wanted to make a small cake could. a lot of people made these really cool cakes, and then the bride & groom gave the best one this really awesome gift package as a thank you. all in all, it was the most fun wedding i've ever been to.
    That sounds pretty darn cute. I like the cake idea a great deal. When I worked at Whole Foods a lady told me she was going to a wedding where people were asked to bake or bring in a pie. That might be an idea to use if I ever get hitched.

My wedding cake is going to be the best wedding cake in the history of wedding cakes. I wish I could tell people about it but I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Also, I go to offbeatbride.com quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    My wedding cake is going to be the best wedding cake in the history of wedding cakes. I wish I could tell people about it but I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Also, I go to offbeatbride.com quite a bit.
    That site is ADORABLE! i really like the pics of the flamingo-themed wedding. I hate hate hate cookie-cutter church weddings.

On the radio they said 90% of brides don't want sex on their wedding night because they're so tired by the end of the day. Not sure if that's true... but if so, that's pretty weird. I thought it was tradition to do it on your wedding night

I remember when my sis got married and her husbands family and my family didn't get along, then my uncle and his wife were drinking in the parking lot of the church and ended up in a fight. My sister forgot something and no one would go get it so she ended up going in her wedding dress. By the time it was all said and done she was more inclined to beat the fuck out of her hubby then sleep with him.

oh my god. my psycho roommate has turned even more psycho. she's calling up people we know to have them dictate my facebook to them.

WTF WTF WTF

then she's sending me pandering emails saying, "stop stalking me! stop bothering me! get out of my life! stop contacting me!" when she's the first to send me any emails. lately, all my responses have been is, "whatever. i still need your utility check."

and she goes ON AND ON AND ON AND ON.

psychotic bitch.

I need to go shopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

so do i... all my pants are too big and i look like i have a penis bulge.

I need some tight jeans, tight pants, or just plain tights.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Can you girls tell me what ketamine is and what it does to you?

It's an animal tranquilizer. Google special K for what it does to humans.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.