Page 633 of 642 FirstFirst ... 628629630631632633634635636637638 ... LastLast
Results 18,961 to 18,990 of 19248

Thread: The Girls Only Thread

Default Re: The Girls Only Thread

I'd probably pee myself while out partying/getting wasted while trying to figure out that damn lock!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

If this is the direction things are headed, where women are apparently expected to 'protect themselves' from would be rapists, then fuck locking underwear. Dentata is definitely the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    If this is the direction things are headed, where women are apparently expected to 'protect themselves' from would be rapists, then fuck locking underwear. Dentata is definitely the way to go.
    Correct.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i have horrific cramps in one specific area of my body that is really hard to access with a traditional heating pad. does anyone know of or have experience with heated vibrators? the idea seems awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

SOMEONE ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Hi.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

This is a very interesting project, and a very good discussion of a subject that I know Cara has brought up quite a bit -

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alisonvingia...-messages-in-a
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

I don't know that I agree with her assessment of the selfie phenomenon, but yeah, those comments represent a huge amount of the responses women face on the internet. It's not confined to pictures, obviously, either - those responses are absolutely in line with someone just posting an opinion or a thought that someone (more or less always a male) disagrees with. If you have any presence on the internet - written, photographic, artistic, anything - you can expect to get bombarded with comments about your looks, sexuality, whether or not you should be raped/are rapeable, etc. It's a nasty and pervasive attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i have horrific cramps in one specific area of my body that is really hard to access with a traditional heating pad. does anyone know of or have experience with heated vibrators? the idea seems awesome.
    Omg I want one!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I just got a haircut a couple weeks ago, but I'm already jonesing to cut it ALL OFF. All of it. And dye it bright orange again.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

None at all, sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

I knew there was a reason I have been taking so many classes on new product development in business school!

PATENT PENDING

My cousin asked me to be her maid-of-honor. I really don't want to be, but I also don't want to disappoint her and our family. She lives in Orange County, so I would need to fly down to see her if she ever needs help with anything. I've been trying to convince her to elope.
    I'm already stressed about being maid-of-honor for my friend's wedding that's coming up, even though I haven't helped much. Today, I realized I will be spending at least $1,100 on her wedding (flights out to Denver x2, car rental, lodging, wedding gift), and that cost doesn't even include the bachelorette party.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    My cousin asked me to be her maid-of-honor. I really don't want to be, but I also don't want to disappoint her and our family. She lives in Orange County, so I would need to fly down to see her if she ever needs help with anything. I've been trying to convince her to elope.
    I'm already stressed about being maid-of-honor for my friend's wedding that's coming up, even though I haven't helped much. Today, I realized I will be spending at least $1,100 on her wedding (flights out to Denver x2, car rental, lodging, wedding gift), and that cost doesn't even include the bachelorette party.
    We have been discussing this subject in the Girl's social group. Wedding sticker shock.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Robin, if these weddings are causing you financial stress, I think you should seriously consider having a frank conversation with the bride(s). Surely if you outline the situation and suggest that you either (1) modify the situation, or (2) step down, all but the worst bridezillas will be willing to consider alternatives.

Yea, I mean, I know you don't want to disappoint your cousin, but if you're saying you don't want to do it now, and the preparations haven't even begun yet, won't you feel a little resentful that you agreed? Like Courtney said, maybe just say no, or outline what you're able to do (such as - not flying there for planning).

I don't understand why brides pick an out-of-town maid of honor, unless that person is her best friend in the world. It's a lot to ask of someone, both in time and money, to travel for incremental planning/preparations, and it seems like it would be more fun to have someone relatively near by who is also happy to indulge you with each step of the planning.

I will be attending a gatsby-themed charity gala in a couple weeks, and it just occurred to me that I have no sartorial plan whatsoever despite the fact that I will be up on stage presenting for a bit and therefore kind of need to be presentable.

Any ideas for things to wear (in plus sizing) that do not include an ugly flapper-inspired halloween costume that comes in a plastic bag?

SimplyBe has a number of attractive deco-inspired dresses. (Here, here, here, and here are some.)

Oooh get one of these too!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008MWS1E0

And maybe a headband with feathers.

(I hope the charity isn't for lung cancer, lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

robin, i hope you don't have to travel for maid of honor stuff. that would be lame. i am spending about a thousandish dollars next week to be a bridesmaid in jamaica. second time in three months. no more weddings please.

also, if anyone has experience with adenomyosis, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    SimplyBe has a number of attractive deco-inspired dresses. (Here, here, here, and here are some.)
    I really like that beaded flapper dress.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

also, if anyone has experience with adenomyosis, please PM me.
    Crappy! I'll send you a note.
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Robin, if these weddings are causing you financial stress, I think you should seriously consider having a frank conversation with the bride(s). Surely if you outline the situation and suggest that you either (1) modify the situation, or (2) step down, all but the worst bridezillas will be willing to consider alternatives.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Yea, I mean, I know you don't want to disappoint your cousin, but if you're saying you don't want to do it now, and the preparations haven't even begun yet, won't you feel a little resentful that you agreed? Like Courtney said, maybe just say no, or outline what you're able to do (such as - not flying there for planning).

I don't understand why brides pick an out-of-town maid of honor, unless that person is her best friend in the world. It's a lot to ask of someone, both in time and money, to travel for incremental planning/preparations, and it seems like it would be more fun to have someone relatively near by who is also happy to indulge you with each step of the planning.
    It's too late to step down from the Denver wedding. I wouldn't want to step down from the Denver wedding, anyways. She's been a good friend to me. My cousin's wedding isn't until June of 2015, so I have time to unwind from the Denver wedding before helping my cousin. Unfortunately, stepping down from my cousin's wedding will cause disappointment in my Asian family, especially from our moms. I did tell my cousin that I would only go down to see her if it was financially feasible for me.

robin, i hope you don't have to travel for maid of honor stuff. that would be lame. i am spending about a thousandish dollars next week to be a bridesmaid in jamaica. second time in three months. no more weddings please.
    I traveled to Denver a few weeks ago to go food tasting and dress shopping. My cousin knew I went out to Denver and said something along the lines of, "You better travel to help me with my wedding." At least traveling to Orange Country doesn't cost much if the flights are on sale. A few of you met her at the girly weekend.

I'm really loving that first dress!
    Last edited by Robin; 02-11-2014 at 10:11 AM.

i can't believe someone would make you travel to do shit like taste food. hopefully they can find a dress shop that is national so you can try on in your home city. glad you told your cousin that you will only make it if you can financially.

Well, she didn't "make" me. I had a lot of credits from a canceled flight, so going to Denver was a recommendation. The matron of honor also flew out from Missouri to be with us that weekend. Since they're on a budget, we ended up finding dresses on sale at a department store that are non-refundable. I just have to make sure I lose about 10 lbs before the wedding to fit into the dress.

I have a feeling my cousin and her fiance might be a bit more needy. They're super young, and she's already started complaining about the guest list.

I like that last one. Weird that I would pick the least expensive. There must be something wrong with it! The opaque hose and and shoes the model is wearing is wrong, but I think the beading would be flattering on plus sizes.

Ah, thank you! These are great!

Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    I like that last one. Weird that I would pick the least expensive. There must be something wrong with it! The opaque hose and and shoes the model is wearing is wrong, but I think the beading would be flattering on plus sizes.
    It's probably so deeply discounted because they are trying to offload the last few items in stock -- only 2 of the 10 sizes are still available.

I like the fringey one, but that's because I'm a sucker for all things ridiculous.

Courtney, I've ordered from Simply Be a few times, and the quality of most things has been pretty poor (like, construction looks like a child's sewing project). Their sizes are completely skewed compared to their size charts too -- jackets seem to be normalish but skirts and dresses seem to run 2-3 sizes large in my experience. They're also shipping from overseas, so it can take a really long time. (Returns are sent back to a US address though). Not saying not to try it but I'd definitely suggest having a backup plan.