Page 576 of 642 FirstFirst ... 571572573574575576577578579580581 ... LastLast
Results 17,251 to 17,280 of 19248

Thread: The Girls Only Thread

Default Re: The Girls Only Thread

Super cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

That dress is adorable, I love the back!

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    You should post how to do this, bc I really want to now!
    Enluv, I'll post a quick tutorial after work-it's super easy!

Yay! Thanks. Beth- we need to do this this weekend.
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

down!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I cannot seem to attach this, but I bought this shirt for Coachella this morning:

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens...aglan-Tee.html

I don't understand... is there something special about that shirt, or are you taking the time to post that you purchased a plain t-shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    We can all rejoice and celebrate, now that there's a solution to prevent camel toe.

http://www.smoothgroovecommunity.com/buy-smoothgroove/
    Um. Wow. No words.

It's a linen t-shirt. I've been wanting to buy a linen shirt for a while to cover up any dress I might wear. Maybe I'm a little more excited than I should be? I've been wanting to buy more linen for a while now.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Haha, casey! Did you eventually let me use your concealer so I would shut up and rave? That dress is adorable.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Haha, casey! Did you eventually let me use your concealer so I would shut up and rave? That dress is adorable.
    Thanks. And, yes! let you use my concealer EVERY TIME even though we are not even close to the same color, and then you kept asking me if you could use it again. I woke up in such a good mood, funny dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Jillian Michaels...that bitch. http://jezebel.com/jillian-michaels/

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Hahaha, I knew she was gonna get broken down somehow. I'm glad it was children that made this bitch crack.

Jillian Michaels...that bitch. http://jezebel.com/jillian-michaels/
    this actually makes me feel better. not excuses, just legitimate shit that has to get done.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterface View Post
    Enluv, I'll post a quick tutorial after work-it's super easy!
    Sorry for the delay in posting, started a new job last week which has been hectic.

So this is the tutorial I used to make the bleached palm tree shirt- http://www.ohsoprettythediaries.com/...ach-shirt.html

Instead of using card stock, I free handed my design on to contact paper (the adhesive kind-bought it at target for a few dollars.) You could also print and cut out a design and trace it to the contact paper and cut it out, that way I could move the shirt around without the pattern moving. I also used a plastic place mat to put between the shirt instead of cardboard, so it didn't get soggy but still protected to backside of the shirt.

For the letters, I bought clorox bleach pens and free handed the lettering. I used chalk first to be sure I made the letters the right size.

I found darker shirts worked better with the bleach, and I also did a 1/2 and 1/2 mix of bleach and water. They are quick to make, and I have somehow volunteered myself to make them for the rest of my camp now. I also recommend copious amounts of wine while crafting

I'm still on my quest for the Holy Grail -- a new couch. All the couches on my original list were test driven and nixed for various reasons. What I've learned on my sojourn thus far: most modern couches are only built to last for 3-5 years (the foam gives out). They expect people to tire of the look of them by then and to want to have something new. Many of them don't use springs anymore, just elastic webbing (what? like patio furniture?). And this is in couches I would not consider inexpensive (I think 2K for a couch is kind of a lot, don't you?). Apparently, if you want one as well made as my 50+ year old vintage job, you need to fork out a minimum of 4/6/8K(!!!)

I do intend to test drive these two new possibilities (I loooove they way they look):

But I strongly suspect I will end up doing what I've done in the past: just keep checking thrift/vintage stores and craigslist for another ballistic 50 year old piece and get it reupholstered. May require much more patience, but soooo much cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

I had the same problem when I was looking for a sofa. I like the newer/sleeker look of the ones you posted, but then I would sit in them and they were so uncomfortable. I want a sexy couch that I can also take a nap in.

I make my husband lie down on them in the showroom. They have to be long enough and comfortable enough for his Sunday naps. (I nap during the evening news, hah.)
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

I never use my couch.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

My loveseat has a butt divet.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

My roommate has a pretty nice leather couch and two leather (or pleather) recliners that are super comfortable. Although, it's getting hotter out and I got up after several hours of couch surfing yesterday and the back of my clothes were covered in sweat. When I move I definitely won't be buying leather furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by HowToDisappear View Post
    But I strongly suspect I will end up doing what I've done in the past: just keep checking thrift/vintage stores and craigslist for another ballistic 50 year old piece and get it reupholstered. May require much more patience, but soooo much cheaper.
    I was going to suggest that until I read the last line and saw that you've already mentioned it. You're probably going to be happier with that in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I like the newer/sleeker look of the ones you posted
    These ones don't look "new" (as in modern) to me at all. They look "modern" circa mid-century 20th C (early 60's, maybe). I really like that look. Though I suspect to get a vintage one that looks like these, you'd still be paying quite a bit before considering the reupholestering.

When we started having the kids we went with Ikea couches because we would care less if they got trashed. I am now a big fan of couches that use slipcovers because we have white ones and it is amazing to see how dirty they get. Grosses me out to think about the couch we had as a kid, all the nastiness lurking in the fabric that I would rest my face on daily.

Quote Originally Posted by HowToDisappear View Post

Check obituaries, too...then look for the estate sale, haha.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    These ones don't look "new" (as in modern) to me at all. They look "modern" circa mid-century 20th C (early 60's, maybe). I really like that look. Though I suspect to get a vintage one that looks like these, you'd still be paying quite a bit before considering the reupholestering.
    Yup, Mid-Century Modern furniture has made a huge comeback , and lots of new stuff is being made in that style. it's very appealing, and to the eye looks very modern, after a couple decades of more Victorian-style furniture becoming the "in" thing.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Furniture is not what it used to be. I bought new stuff from LazyBoy last year. The cushions still feel great, but the fabric is already starting to wear. The stuff it replaced was ten years before it's fabric started looking worn.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

It is incredible how fucking expensive furniture is now too. My girlfriend and I are currently looking to furnish our new loft.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Yea, my sofa is just over 2 years old and is already starting to look a bit worn, plus despite being scotch guarded, most stuff that is spilled on it has stained. (This is a new experience for me -- my previous sofa was scotchguarded and everything just wiped off... it was off-white, for god's sake, and still looked okay after 12 years). I almost wish I'd never replaced my older sofas, as each replacement is less durable. Unfortunately the old ones I had were massively heavy and long and impossible to fit through narrow stairs/hallways that are common in apartments here.

My husband is great at picking out furniture and has impeccable taste. Unfortunately he also has extremely expensive taste, so as a result besides the furniture we bought for our daughter's bedroom we haven't bought anything new in 10 years. We really need a sofa too. HtD, you said the previous sofas were eliminated for various reasons. Was it mainly size and comfort or were there other factors that made you choose to keep looking? I really like the new ones above, although the wood paneling is a little odd. (IMO)
    Last edited by algunz; 03-18-2013 at 01:22 PM.

I have a couch and loveseat/chair set from Sklar Pepplar purchased 10 years ago and it still looks brand new. If I could suggest a good mid priced brand to consider I'd highly recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Alright ladies, it is the time again where I am super bored with my hair and want a change. What are your thoughts on this cut?
    http://www.fashionising.com/pictures...nce-5988.html#

Hard 2.jpg

This is what my hair looks like now.