Page 572 of 642 FirstFirst ... 567568569570571572573574575576577 ... LastLast
Results 17,131 to 17,160 of 19239

Thread: The Girls Only Thread

Default Re: The Girls Only Thread

I don't wash my face either, just water. I find that any cleansers I use dry my skin out even more and then I have more acne.

Green Tea is great. Soak the tea bags and then pop them in the fridge or freezer for a bit. Very soothing.

Washing with cleansers can definitely give you more acne than not washing, if your skin is sensitive or dry. I wash the center of my face (nose/chin) otherwise it gets really oily and I get black heads, but if I use cleanser on my forehead or sides of my face, I just end up breaking out.

My mom always claimed that she never really washed her face or used any lotions, and she had fantastic skin.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    So I sort of stopped washing my face except for every few days with Neutragena body acne wash in the shower when I remember to, and honestly my skin hasn't ever been this clear. But, I'm starting to notice slight darkness directly under my eyes. Anyone have any recommendations for creams or whatever junk I can put on there?
    Garnier has an eye roller that gets good reviews. It's called skin renew 2 in 1 anti- dark circle roller.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I use a couple fairly gentle cleaners a few times a week and I always follow up with a good moisturizer on those days. any more than that and my skin dries out really bad but any less and it becomes really oily and I break out. I tend to switch between an aveeno cleanser and the clarisonic cleanser so that one cleanser doesn't remove too much or leave too much behind. I also do the same thing with shampoos and conditioners since I've heard that using one single brand all the time will remove essential oils over time.
    Last edited by scenicworld; 02-28-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I don't wash my face either, just water. I find that any cleansers I use dry my skin out even more and then I have more acne.
    Same here. I use a gentle make up remover and moisturizer morning and night, and never apply make up without moisturizer first. Cleansers usually cause me to dry out or break out.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

I use a make up remover wipe and moisturizer. That is it.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

I wash my face in the morning in the shower and apply moisturizer before I put on make-up. I don't wear much make-up, so I never wash at night time even when I do wear lots of make-up. Talk about dark circles under the eyes after a long night of partying. Smudged mascara is sexy, right?

I have bad acne now, so I've been using everything I can get my hands on and two oral medications. It seems to be clearing up for now. I settled on a Dermadoctor cleanser and a topical spot remover lotion. Plus Tazorac at night (my insurance finally approved it after 2 years) and Cetaphil moisturizing cream.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

I use a face scrub in the shower (nose/jaw/cheek area only) and then a heavy duty moisturizer on my forehead, which is dry for some reason, and a anti-acne lotion on my nose/jaw/cheek area again.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I wash my face in the morning in the shower and apply moisturizer before I put on make-up. I don't wear much make-up, so I never wash at night time even when I do wear lots of make-up. Talk about dark circles under the eyes after a long night of partying. Smudged mascara is sexy, right?
    This is what I do as well. When I do wear makeup I wear all the makeup, foundation, powder, etc. But I put it on first thing in the morning, so by the time I go to bed most of it's worn off anyway. I have been wearing makeup less and less though. My job is in a house converted to an office and there are no customers showing up. Today I showered, put on sweats, a tshirt and a hat and ran out the door. I am getting more and more lazy with each passing day. :-/

I need to buy some foundation. I have been putting it off for years.

I use Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse, it's heavy enough to cover my different skin tones, but light enough that I don't feel like I have a layer of shit on my face. It's the only one I have found that doesn't give me bumps other than the spendy clinique stuff that I can't afford anymore.

I need to buy primer.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Ha, I have the primer (makeupforever I think), but not the foundation. I forgot about that.

I use Marcelle BB cream instead of primer or foundation and it's amazing.

What is primer? This is something new to me I think. I know I have heard about eyeshadow primer, there is a new eyeshadow that has the primer in it with the different colors. I have wanted to try it because my eyeshadow never really looks as dark as I want it to be for the smokey eye look. Is there also primer for under foundation?

I just put moisturizer, then foundation and then some loose translucent powder.

I don't wear makeup unless I'm going out...and that can range from just powder/mascara/chapstick to the whole fucking shebang, false eyelashes included. Totally depends on time and venue.

Audra, if your eyeshadow isn't dark enough there are two solutions: buy darker eyeshadow OR wet your brush before applying it.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I love eyeshadow primer, though it's probably not any different than using foundation properly before putting on shadow. I don't wear foundation though, so for me, the eyeshadow primer helps my eye shadow both to stay put (not fade or "migrate" or crease) as well as for the colors to be more noticeable. I don't use it all the time, but like to use it when I'm putting on makeup to go out.

I'm getting to the age where I feel like I should be wearing foundation, powder, etc, but just can't bring myself to do that every day.

I actually need to go on a full fledged make up shopping spree.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    Audra, if your eyeshadow isn't dark enough there are two solutions: buy darker eyeshadow OR wet your brush before applying it.
    Is there a specific brand of eyeshadow you prefer? I have tried all these different kinds with the 3-4 different color options and the darker shades never appear very dark. I see other women with smoky eyes done and they all look so much darker. I will try the wet brush though, to see if that helps.

Cara, I need a shopping spree as well. I just hate how much that shit costs now. I am cheap and it pisses me off that eyeliner is now $8+. It's ridiculous, but I buy a new one every 2 months.

For eyeshadow I'm a fan of Urban Decay and Makeup Forever. The Sephora house brand eyeshadows are also pretty good, and a lot cheaper. If you want a proper smoky eye, though, you need at the very least a dark gray shadow (preferably black) and the correct brushes. If you're applying with those squitty little foam applicators...it's never gonna work.

I also recommend the Sephora ultra-fine tip liquid eyeliner. The brush is SO thin and it's excellent for control.

I agree w/Corinna. You definitely need the correct brushes to get certain looks. I think eyeshadow primer is amazing and really helps me achieve dramatic looks and keeps it all in place for long periods of time. I usually use either Urban Decay's Primer Potion (it comes in a few different shades but I stick w/nude) or I use Mac's Prep + Prime. Both are really good but I think Mac's has lasted longer for me. Before using primer I had a really hard time getting the dark colors to really pop.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Thanks girls. So any thoughts on fake hair clip ins? I am having a party for my birthday and want to be a little over the top... you only turn 40 once. Is there a reasonably priced one that I can just pick up at Ulta or should I pay the extra cash and get something good. I probably won't ever use it again.

Do you want like...fun colors, or one that matches your own hair? Frankly I'd rather get a wig than deal with clip-ins, but that's just me.

I want it to match but I am getting my hair colored this afternoon and doing a dark chocolate brown and then a deep red on top. So I think between those two colors I won't have trouble matching. It's a 90's prom themed party so I will probably wear it up, I just want something I can clip in to give it some length and more volume. My girlfriend recommended a wig, but I worry that will just get way too hot. I hate when my head sweats in hats, I imagine a wig would be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    Thanks girls. So any thoughts on fake hair clip ins? I am having a party for my birthday and want to be a little over the top... you only turn 40 once. Is there a reasonably priced one that I can just pick up at Ulta or should I pay the extra cash and get something good. I probably won't ever use it again.
    I would call your stylist if she knows your hair really well, and just ask what she thinks would work for you. Then you don't necessarily have to get it from her if you get them somewhere cheaper, and put them in yourself.

I don't really have a stylist, the last lady I tried sucked. I am having my bartender color my hair today, but I have seen other girls she has worked on and it has always looked good. I am kind of nervous. I am going to ask her as well, I just thought maybe someone in here has used them before.

I got clip ins from Sallys and they worked really well. sadly, I don't remember the brand as it was a few years ago.

Also, eye primer, I love Tart. Pretty much everything in that line I am obsessed with.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.