Page 523 of 642 FirstFirst ... 518519520521522523524525526527528 ... LastLast
Results 15,661 to 15,690 of 19238

Thread: The Girls Only Thread

Default Re: The Girls Only Thread

Hrm. I don't think I'd do a Brazilian with laser removal. Am I going to want a bare cooter when I'm 60?

You want the hair to cover that old-lady monstrosity up?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I'd love to get underarms done though... it just sounds so painful to think about. FWIW, waxing underarms for me was a billion times more painful than brazilian....

There's just no goddamn reason for anybody to ever use the term "cooter" unless they're a gold prospector.

All the names (like cooter) suck because we Americans are so embarrassed by the damn thing.

Sorry that my previous post was delving into brokendoll-land.

Heh, sorry. I guess that word doesn't bother me when it's used jokingly.

Your post was fine, Amy, it's just not that exactly. I'm just not sure if I would feel very dignified in the decision once I was older. Just suspect that's my aesthetic preference, definitely not a statement against anyone else. For some reason, I don't think my tattoos will bother me in the same way, though I can understand why others are against it, especially due to having them as they age.

Side bar: I've been realizing recently that most of my friends don't even know I have tattoos or forget I have them, which makes me very happy about my decisions in terms of placement.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Sorry that my previous post was delving into brokendoll-land.
    I went back and read it and laughed. At least you caught yourself.

I'd probably get underarm removed. It is darkest and it the most annoying to me. Bikini line, maybe. Legs aren't that annoying or tedious, but I have really light hair naturally, so I shave every few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

I never had anything waxed in my life.
    But I wouldn't mind doing the Brazilian laser hair removal. Constantly shaving sucks.
    Just wondering if I would have to remove the piercing and if it would effect the tat.

Here is that same top styled differently on Blake Lively (as Serena Van Der Woodsen). Tucked in and doesnt look as wide through the shoulders as that other pic. She's got boobs, although perfectly perky probabaly fake ones, but I think it works. Though I'd still probabaly wear the top as it's pictured with the skinny jeans, thats kind of my go to cute casual look these days.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Heidi, I like your back tattoo.

I have to shave every day, or be hairy. There is no in between for me. My hair is very dark and grows quickly. Shaving legs every day or even every other day is incredibly time consuming. That's why I switched to epilating. I can do that once every week or two (it lasts for weeks but it's impossible to get all of your hair on the same stage in growth pattern, so to stay hairless you have to do it more frequently). Not having to shave armpits every day would be really nice.

Robin: LOL

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    I have to shave every day, or be hairy. There is no in between for me. My hair is very dark and grows quickly. Shaving legs every day or even every other day is incredibly time consuming. That's why I switched to epilating. I can do that once every week or two (it lasts for weeks but it's impossible to get all of your hair on the same stage in growth pattern, so to stay hairless you have to do it more frequently). Not having to shave armpits every day would be really nice.
    I am pretty much the same. I have an epilator, but I dont use it enough. I also find that I get more ingrown hairs with the epilator despite copious amounts of exfoliation. So I always just defaul to shaving.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    I never had anything waxed in my life.
    But I wouldn't mind doing the Brazilian laser hair removal. Constantly shaving sucks.
    Ditto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post

Robin: LOL
    I'm really curious about it. The piercing closes rather quickly and I don't want to go through getting it re-pierced again. And of course I don't want to mess up the tat.

As for the shaving, I may have dark hair, but it grows in rather thin. Hence why I don't shave my legs often. Plus, I always wear pants. I shave my underarms maybe once a week. But the pubic region, I'll go over every day.

Oh. I'll make the appropriate changes to my voodoo doll.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicIsMyBoyfriend View Post
    I also find that I get more ingrown hairs with the epilator despite copious amounts of exfoliation. So I always just defaul to shaving.
    Yea, it's definitely a problem, though it seems like it's specific/small-ish areas where it's most persistent. Just as much or more of a problem when I wax. I saw a different chick for waxing last time, and she said when people with fine/thin hair have problems with ingrown hairs (which are more common with thick/coarse hairs), there is little you can do and that exfoliating isn't very effective. She'd suggested exfoliating less aggressively but constantly (exfoliate in the shower every day) and also using an astringent like Tend Skin every other day for the week after being waxed. It doesn't completely eliminate the problem for me, but it does help.

For epilating + legs specifically, I've gotten really neurotic about this, to the point where I examine my legs for ingrown hairs and remove them with tweezers before they become infected or irritated (on my pale skin I can easily see the hair trapped under the skin even before there is a visible pimple/sore from it). This is absolutely crazy though and will probably result in scars and infections at some point :P

For bikini/brazilian, waxing is SO much better than shaving. It really isn't that painful either. If you were really anxious about pain, you could take some painkillers first. I have a drink first to brace myself. There are a few moments that sting like hell but it really just hurts the instant they pull the muslin strips off, it doesn't keep hurting. (I'd really thought it would hurt for a while afterwards).

You can't do laser removal where you have a tattoo - it would screw up the tattoo.

The better the waxer is the less it hurts so make sure you yelp that shit or else you're in for a lonnngggg painful waxing

You know, I've tried waxing a number of different body parts, and I'm not even sure it's a matter of the waxer's skill, but just whether the skin it held tauntly, especially for any spot that's not flat or which has any fat or flesh. If the waxer is not doing a great job of it, you can always help. (I feel like "good" waxers ask you to help since it really is a minimum 3 hand job). Makes a HUGE difference.

I think that is also why my underarm waxing experience was so unbelievably awful. It felt like my skin was going to be lifted off along with the hair.

I like that Heidi has thought about waxing so deeply. That makes me chuckle.

Hah! I do think about hair removal a lot, cursed Italian ancestry. :P

I guess I feel some relief that my leg/arm hair is pale and fine. Yay German ancestry.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

the word "cooter" makes me feel like cletus the slack jawed yokel is going to pop out at any moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    the word "cooter" makes me feel like cletus the slack jawed yokel is going to pop out at any moment.
    sig worthy
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

If I ever have any sort of significant disposal income the first thing I'm doing is lasering off all the hair on my body. Just because hair is blonde doesn't mean it isn't as cumbersome as fuck.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    IAWTC.

I'm adding this here. My new phone belt that I can wear with dresses (or pants/skirts) that have no pockets and still hold my phone. (Why is my pic so small??)
    428820_500308943319938_757022244_n.jpg

Your unbridled scorn is welcome. I realize packs of these sort (even so small) are pretty ridiculous fashion-wise.
    Last edited by amyzzz; 07-19-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

pic is small because you left the little box checked when you entered the url. That make sit a clickable thumbnail.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I didn't even know they made fanny packs that small/skinny. Where did you get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I'm adding this here. My new phone belt that I can wear with dresses (or pants/skirts) that have no pockets and still hold my phone. (Why is my pic so small??)

428820_500308943319938_757022244_n.jpg

Your unbridled scorn is welcome. I realize packs of these sort (even so small) are pretty ridiculous fashion-wise.
    SPIBELTS are the best!

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    I didn't even know they made fanny packs that small/skinny. Where did you get it?
    Its this amazing stretch thing made for runners that will fit phones keys and money.. I got mine on amazon for $20
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby