Page 493 of 635 FirstFirst ... 488489490491492493494495496497498 ... LastLast
Results 14,761 to 14,790 of 19039

Thread: The Girls Only Thread

Default Re: The Girls Only Thread

Wow, that's bad, can they do anything for it when it gets that bad. Mine got real grindy like 10 years ago but I wore a mouth guard for a few months and it got better. I barely even notice it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I'm not reevaluating my wardrobe choices for coachella based on rain in the forecast, but I am going to pack a few extra cold weather items like jeans/leggings and a couple sweaters.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

^ yeah me too. I am still holding out faith that it will be like usual.... I can hope! I think I might grab a pair of jeans or two and keep them in the lockers.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

I had braces put on after that incident, Loca, with the hopes that realigning the teeth would help the bite and hopefully realign the jaw. It seemed to work, but in all honesty once BJs and drugs came in to my world I think I fucked it all up again. It has only gotten painful and "inconvenient" again in the past 5 years. I worry that I may have to get my jaw broken and surgically realigned because lately I feel it locking again. No way am I going to do braces again. I'd rather get bones broken.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Ha. Heidi, from what you've said it sounds like both your doctor and your dentist are super cool. Where do you find these people?
    Well, it's SF, and my experience has been that there are a lot of doctors here that are pretty cool, (especially sex-positive and unflappable when it comes to weird requests/situations). But more specifically, I've lived here for a long time, so I've just found them through trial and error and asking around my social circle. I'm lucky to have a really good insurance plan which is accepted by a lot of docs, so I'm not too limited when it comes to following others' recommendations. Something that is really awesome and unusual is that most of my doctors don't believe in overbooking or making people wait past appointment times. My allergist is the only one where I have to wait more than a couple of minutes, and fortunately I only have to see him (rather than his staff) once a year.

I actually don't even have a GP right now, though... my old one left her practice and went to Kaiser. I've been seeing PA's in her old practice, and I like them so much that I've been reluctant to go elsewhere to find another doctor. (I don't really like the other doctors in that practice, but the PAs are so great that it's worth it to me to just see them except for the very occasional problem where they ask one of the doctors to consult).

If I ever move to SF, I'm asking you or recommendations for everything.

Also, it just occurred to me that I haven't had a period in a while. I have been irregular for a while now (probably due to stress), but I hate not knowing. If I start menstruating in the middle of the festival, I'm going to be pissed off.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

watch out for bears
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

I'm going to just start gushing blooooood everywhere.

Also, it just occurred to me that I haven't had a period in a while. I have been irregular for a while now (probably due to stress), but I hate not knowing. If I start menstruating in the middle of the festival, I'm going to be pissed off.
    I had cramps on monday and was hoping it meant it was coming a few days early... no such fucking luck. Thank god for muscle relaxers.

Oh man, the more I think about this the more paranoid I get. I don't even use pads, but maybe I should buy some so I can wear one as a precautionary measure. I would pop in a tampon for the day, but anyone who has ever tried to insert something when you're dry down there knows how unpleasant that is.

Yeah, that might be a good plan, it's better than having to go into the portojohns every hour to check.

I seriously haven't purchased pads since I was like 14. I don't even know what brands are good. Suggestions?

I prefer the Stayfree regular longs with no scent.

I'm going to attempt at making a flower crown today. Have any of you guys ever done it before?

Also, that sucks about your period. If I were going weekend one I'd be in the same situation. :/

I have actually done that before when I was little. I can't really remember how though, I just have a vague recollection of stringing daisys together, or dandelions? Wow, thanks for the childhood flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by Beef Jerky View Post
    Sex on the Beach is a little too sweet for me but I love Screaming Orgasms.
    I usually order Tokyo Ice Tea, Vodka/Cranberry, or straight up tequila shots.

It's almost that time of the month for me.

I like Screaming Orgasms AND a good whole bottle of Champagne to go along with it! hehe!

one of my girlfriends that's camping with us this year is making some flower headbands too, but she's using fake flowers.
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo

Ugh, mine has been totally off the wall bonkers, too! I'm spotting today and I really hope that doesn't mean it's starting because i just had one only two weeks ago. My body can't fucking decide what it wants to do! And if I get my period during Coachella because of this I will be PISSED.

On a better note, I am going to the lady doctor tomorrow just for a refill (so no parts exam needed) and I'm gonna ask about this. It might be because my BC is a low dose pill...but I want to stay on the low dose train since I think it makes me less fucking insane.

But yeah. Periods are fucking annoying and I hate them so much.

Do any of you ladies get "hot flashes"?

Coachella Junkie

Courtney, the Always ultra thins are good for that purpose. Just get something thin that'll work for a few hours in case of a surprise between port a potty visits. I *hate* having to change tampons in port a potties... like, I'd rather just use a pad. Even when I have handwipes and such, I feel like god knows what sort of germs I'm getting on my bits...

Quote Originally Posted by KCsunny View Post
    Do any of you ladies get "hot flashes"?
    Not for a while now, but I had a hormonal imbalance several years ago and had a few months of dealing with hot flashes and cold sweats. They cleared up after I started supplementing my estrogen with HRT. those were a pretty miserable few months, let me tell you!
    2012 2013

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Courtney, the Always ultra thins are good for that purpose. Just get something thin that'll work for a few hours in case of a surprise between port a potty visits. I *hate* having to change tampons in port a potties... like, I'd rather just use a pad. Even when I have handwipes and such, I feel like god knows what sort of germs I'm getting on my bits...
    Skipped my period this month for exactly that reason. I hate pads and can't imagine using tampons in a porta potty. Gross.

People with TMJ problems - try using vitamin SAM-E...takes a few weeks but it made a huge difference for me. Also, smoking makes it worse and there is a "flush" out-patient procedure you can do that was helpful for me =)

On another note: Are you guys planning on packing rain boots? or what? and where can I find some decent priced flat closed-toe sandals?

Coachella Junkie

Girls... it's the desert. It's not going to rain enough to justify rain boots. < 50% chance of rain, 70+F degree heat, < 30% humidity index... if it does rain, it will evaporate pretty quickly, unless it rains for hours and hours.

That said, it would probably be smart to bring some non-sandals shoes that you don't care that much about. If I were going, I'd be tempted to hit up Payless or something similar for cheap Keds-like sneakers, and would put a gel insert in them to make them more comfy.

I purchased some Sanuk shoes in White at Journeys shoes this weekend for only $29.99.
    http://www.journeys.com/product.aspx?id=183616
    The bottoms are made of yoga mat material and are super comfortable. I'm not a flat shoe sorta gal, but these are heavenly! Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know they're white, but I was desperate for a new pair of shoes.

Hey Hey - To all the ladies that are heading to the Fest tomorrow, have so much fun and live it to the fullest! I'm fully jealous but will be thinking of all of you! Be safe and have a blast.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

One of the guys I work with has me all paranoid and telling me I should get a cot for my tent so I don't have to sleep in an inch of water. I just rechecked weather.com though and it's saying 30% chance of a few showers. I am going to have faith that it isn't going to be a downpour and we will all just have to dance in the sprinkles for a minute or two.

I got a speeding ticket last night after work, I remember when I would always drive away without the ticket because I was young and batted my lashes enough to get out with a warning. I feel really old today.

About hot flashes... I don't suffer from them yet, but when I was at my first gyno appointment in a few years the other day I brought up how I get extremely angry/ragey the week prior to my period. The male doctor recommended I consider hormone therapy since I am getting up there in age... I wanted to kick him in the balls.

I thought I saw that it was only .03" of rain, so i wouldn't worry too much about waking up in a puddle especially if your tent area is covered with a canopy too. that sucks about the ticket, too. I've never had good luck getting away without a ticket except for one time when I was coming home from a Cut Copy concert and had to pass a field sobriety test after being pulled over for a headlight that was out.
    2012 2013

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I'm not reevaluating my wardrobe choices for coachella based on rain in the forecast, but I am going to pack a few extra cold weather items like jeans/leggings and a couple sweaters.
    Got into La Quinta yesterday and it was a little windy but warm. Rained this morning, and the kids (not mine) are already in the pool. So far it's beautiful out. I packed the extra and so far haven't needed it....fingers crossed!