Page 489 of 642 FirstFirst ... 484485486487488489490491492493494 ... LastLast
Results 14,641 to 14,670 of 19246

Thread: The Girls Only Thread

Default Re: The Girls Only Thread

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I don't really understand foot products and pedicures. Don't you need calluses on your feet to protect them? Maybe I don't have the foot issues you all have. I never wear heels, for instance.
    well I coach vb so I am ALWAYS on my feet and they hurt soooo badly all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    Have any of you guys been to a store called Lush? I am obsessed after my trip to the mall last night.

YES!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

^^ yay! I am not the only one!!!
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

I guess I'm being an asshole. Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

What do they make/sell?

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I don't think you are lol. I have a ton of friends that couldn't give a shit less about it... I am a nerd for smell good skin products

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I found it pretty funny myself. I also want a tshirt that says Sexual Olympian.
    My problems with that story:

1) Dude is self-admittedly a bad lay. Why would I want to read about someone who is bad at something complaining about how other people are bad at it?

2) Dude's major complaints seem to be that women present themselves as trophies or inanimate objects instead of active participants -- but this is a problem with our culture, not individual women. Place blame where blame is due.

3) Dude doesn't seem to realize that women sometimes prefer grinding to up-down because grinding can be more pleasurable to the female anatomy. There's one pro tip for him.

4) The choice to participate or not participate in a certain specific sexual activity does not necessarily make one frigid or a freak. It is up to each individual to choose what they are comfortable doing with his or her own body. Less judgement plz.

What is the crush grind?

I am a huge fan of the hair moisturizers and the foot treatments so far, but I am still new to their products.

I have been loving their Celestial moisturizer. I wish it wasn't so expensive, but it's lasting a really long time and I still have most of it, so it's sort of worth it.

Reposted from the social group.

So I work in a bead store/jewelry studio, and I'm taking over a class for a coworker who was scheduled to teach on her birthday on the 27th. I'll be teaching this technique:

Does anybody have any interest in learning to make this over Tinychat or Skype some night? I can talk you through getting materials beforehand and you don't really need tools or anything, so it's pretty much as cheap a project as the beads you pick out. I don't think it's going to be that hard a class to teach, but a practice run might be sort of fun.

Edit: I'll give it some time to see who's interested and then we can figure out a good night for it.
    Last edited by Hannahrain; 04-01-2012 at 09:49 AM.

I am super interested. I'd take that correspondence course!

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Actually that will not work for a hair dryer. Check your dryer to see what the wattage requirements are. The wattage show will be the average pull, I think, and it will surge higher than that amount when it's turned on. Hair dryers are usually around 1000 watts I think. (Small / less powerful travel size ones draw a lot less but not under 200w). That's a 200 watt inverter. To power a hair dryer you'd need to have a much higher capacity inverter, one of the types that you hard wire to the car battery.

That one would work for charging phones, iPods & cameras though. Not sure about a curling iron or straightening iron. Those draw a lot less power than a hair dryer.
    Well, I'm glad I didn't order it...my hair dryer says 1875 lol. But I only planned on using it for my bangs, so I guess I could get one of those travel size straighteners..I'll have to look and see. Thanks for the heads up!

Hannah, I'd be interested. It might take me a few days to make it to a craft store for supplies though. I used to know how to make those and can't remember.

LTBL - yea, maybe check out the small travel size hair dryers, or maybe a curling iron or a hot air brush? Something that doesn't expel air (or does so at a lower volume/force) will draw a lot less power. Those small inverters are awesome though for charging electronics. Just remember to run the car engine every once in a while if you're using it, one year we used the inverter a few times over the weekend and then realized on Monday morning that we'd drained my friend's car battery. Oops.

Those look very cool, Hannah. Are they bracelets or can they be hair accessories too?

They're bracelets, but I think if you were to omit the closure and attach the ends to elastic, you could probably make a headband. Might be tangly, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    I am a huge fan of the hair moisturizers and the foot treatments so far, but I am still new to their products.
    The shampoos, conditioners and body washes are fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I would be interested in making those. Simple and chic looking. I'm in. As with Heidi, I will need a minute to get out to a craft store.

Can you list the supplies needed?
    Any particular beads or what works better?
    And is that a waxed hemp string?

EDIT: I vote for Thursday around 8-ish (PST)
    Last edited by Originalbob; 04-02-2012 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I don't really understand foot products and pedicures. Don't you need calluses on your feet to protect them? Maybe I don't have the foot issues you all have. I never wear heels, for instance.
    I get pedicures because I can't paint my own toes without it looking like a mess. I wear flip flops or sandals from March to October pretty much and my heels end up feeling really rough, I like to rub my feet together to put myself to sleep at night and I hate when I feel the roughness of my heels on the sheets. I absotutely hate the process of having a pedicure done but I also hate having ugly toes. Right now I have one small chip on my big toe and want to get a pedicure so badly it's driving me crazy, but I am trying to hold out till closer to coachella so they look all fresh and pretty in my new shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    My problems with that story:

1) Dude is self-admittedly a bad lay. Why would I want to read about someone who is bad at something complaining about how other people are bad at it?

2) Dude's major complaints seem to be that women present themselves as trophies or inanimate objects instead of active participants -- but this is a problem with our culture, not individual women. Place blame where blame is due.

3) Dude doesn't seem to realize that women sometimes prefer grinding to up-down because grinding can be more pleasurable to the female anatomy. There's one pro tip for him.

4) The choice to participate or not participate in a certain specific sexual activity does not necessarily make one frigid or a freak. It is up to each individual to choose what they are comfortable doing with his or her own body. Less judgement plz.
    I think him admitting that he is bad in bed is the part that makes it funny to me. It takes two people to be bad in bed, if the girl is just laying there it usually means the guy isn't rockin her out and if he were she would be a much more active participant. I just found the whole thing to be laughable.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Originalbob View Post
    I would be interested in making those. Simple and chic looking. I'm in. As with Heidi, I will need a minute to get out to a craft store.

Can you list the supplies needed?
    Any particular beads or what works better?
    And is that a waxed hemp string?

EDIT: I vote for Thursday around 8-ish (PST)
    - 1.5 yards of 1.5-2mm round leather cord (makes a bracelet that wraps three times, add .5 yard for each additional wrap you desire.)

- Enough beads to go around your wrist as many times as you want your bracelet to wrap. Make sure they have large enough holes that you can get your needle and thread/needle and cord through twice without too much difficulty. OK to be a couple of inches shorter than the finished length - we'll take up some of that length with the closure. Most glass beads, metal beads, or larger/more consistently drilled stones should work. Avoid pearls - they look amazing, but take much longer to sew in because they have tiny and infuriating holes. Japanese seed beads in size 6 or 8 work really well, come in very nice colors, and aren't very expensive.

- An attractive button with holes that your leather can fit through to use as a clasp. Shank or...whatever the other kind is called will both work.

- Cord or thread for sewing your beads in. As long as it's sturdy, you can either use something that blends in with your leather and lies fairly flat (nylon thread works well, just test its strength first and make sure it doesn't break easily) or a heavier needle-attached cord in a contrasting color like Griffin cord (looks like this and is really easy to find - it's advisable to get two 2-meter cards if using this just in case you run long). Remember - if using thread, your thread technically has to fit through the beads four times since it doubles to go through the needle.

- A wire beading needle (not needed if using Griffin Cord)

Hannah, can you just send me a pack of supplies if I paypal you money to cover the stuff plus shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    LTBL - yea, maybe check out the small travel size hair dryers, or maybe a curling iron or a hot air brush? Something that doesn't expel air (or does so at a lower volume/force) will draw a lot less power. Those small inverters are awesome though for charging electronics. Just remember to run the car engine every once in a while if you're using it, one year we used the inverter a few times over the weekend and then realized on Monday morning that we'd drained my friend's car battery. Oops.
    Haha will do!

If it makes you feel any better, we forgot to get gas before heading to the campgrounds last year, and didn't realize until we were already in line. Lol. We used up a lot of it in the line and we were afraid of running out if we got caught in a line leaving, so we left early. Hahaha

Hey guys, sorry if I'm repeating a question that's been posted.

I'd really like to do my hair at Coachella.. should I bring a hairdryer or straightening iron? Is it a bad idea? Are there outlets in the shower/bathroom area?
    "Inhale the good shit, exhale the bull$hit"...

Of course it's been mentioned before, a mere two pages ago. But in case you're not into the "reading thing", No, it's a bad idea. You can jimmy-rig an outlet to your car battery if you're that hard up on straightening your hair. Otherwise, up-do's are your friend.

What do they make/sell?
    I didn't go into the store. I just stood in front of it because it said Lush. Thought of sending it to Miki Berenyi but I didn't want to appear a complete dweeb.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Well, there are outlets in the bathrooms. But why bother? It's the desert. Your hair will dry very quickly.

Pixies
    I love Miki. She's so weird looking and wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    I didn't go into the store. I just stood in front of it because it said Lush. Thought of sending it to Miki Berenyi but I didn't want to appear a complete dweeb.
    Hahaha that is awesome.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Not really girly related, but I feel the need to vent:

The people who moved into the unit next door chain smoke. I don't even know how it's possible to be a chain smoker in the state of CA these days... like, what do these people do for a living that allows them to stop what they're doing and go out and smoke every five minutes?!? And when I'm home - no matter what time of day or night - if I go to the kitchen sink to get a drink of water, or do dishes, or prep for a meal (my kitchen window faces their back patio), one or the other or both of them is out there smoking EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME. So inevitably we're staring each other in the face multiple times a day. It's very strange and awkward and I hate it and it makes me want to open the window and yell QUIT FUCKING SMOKING WILL YOU?!? I've resorted to putting a large boston fern in one half of the window so at least I have something I can hide behind. (Don't tell me to put up a curtain - this place has precious few windows as it is and I refuse to block any more light.) Plus, they smoke while they walk their cute dalmatian, and they're gonna give that poor dog emphysema, too. GAH.

/rant
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.

Could you put up a curtain? ..... something sheer and gauzy might help at least avoid making eye contact. I did that with my bedroom windows -- I have blinds too, but didn't want everyone on the street to be able to see in while my blinds are open. They can still see if there's someone in the room, but details are obscured. It doesn't block any of my light. (I used tulle sheers).

All the units face west and there is a shared greenspace along the canyon in the back that all the patios and balconies look out over. If I put up a curtain, I can't see the grass and the trees and the bunnies while I'm at the kitchen window (their back patio is the first thing in the line-of-sight, unfortunately). I hate not being able to see out the kitchen window.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.