Page 478 of 635 FirstFirst ... 473474475476477478479480481482483 ... LastLast
Results 14,311 to 14,340 of 19039

Thread: The Girls Only Thread

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Default Re: The Girls Only Thread

i usually wear platform sneakers. they're great for dancing (when they have the flat front, which allows you to go on your tippy-toes), but you also are elevated from the trash.

and i feel like such a snob now that i can't wear all-stars anymore. i used to love them, but they just aren't comfortable enough for me. i think my chelsea DC's usually can look cute with a dress if i need to wear sneakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I think this year I'm going to wear a dress, just have spanx/mini shorts underneath to avoid appearing I had an amazing, bow-legged night.

I'm not entirely opposed to dresses Casey, simply don't conform to preferred style and choose comfort over anything. So I usually don't look like "one of the cute festival go-ers". :P

Definitely...I don't either! I mean yes, I wear dresses but I typically don't do much to my hair and I'm a sweaty mess just like the rest of the masses! I guess the good thing about how much I sweat is that I stay hydrated all day with plenty of bottles of water and never have to use the bathroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Shorts under the dress is the way to go. Check out under armor for some amazing ones. Also means you can bend over without flashing everyone

sundresses are definitely the most comfortable way for me to do coachella. it's nice not to feel restrained in pants when i sit down. at night though, sometimes i put pants on under my dress. i also usually tie up my hair in pigtail braids to keep my hair in check.

Oh yes, I need help with the hair situation. Usually, my hair is like shoulder-length. But somehow it has managed to grow down to mid-boob recently. I think I'll need to do a braid or ponytail or something. I find that having my hair loose on the back of my neck makes me feel like I'm overheating. So icky.

i agree courtney. i usually redo my hair once at the fest, but other than that it's nice to feel like it's not in a giant knot.

YES. THE KNOT THING.

My hair after Coachella is one massive snarl. Always. It's worse than any morning-after bedhead tangle. Maybe I should just coat it down in sunscreen and slick it back gel style. Or shave it all off.

do a top knot!

romanticizer

Why not do a fishtail braid/braid and if it starts to bug you roll it into a side bun?

Coachella Junkie

Shorts under the dresses = american apparel is also a non-obvious choice. I've used skinny shorts from American Apparel for the last two coachellas, under dresses/skirts.

OBob, I also have some serious thunder thighs so I completely understand. I don't normally wear dresses either, I am typically a jeans girl even here in Phoenix in the summer, but I find that too confining at coachella when trying to relax in the beautiful grass all day. I bought some sucking in panties to wear under my dress, but I couldn't find actual spanks where I was shopping so went with the old fashioned version. I have a feeling they are going to be a little uncomfortable so I may have to explore other options. I am giving them a trial run this weekend at a spring training game.

I am going to try to find some comfortable sandles this weekend and break them in, hopefully I can find something with cushion, arch support and possibly a little ankle support, but I will probably still pack my tennis in my backpack to change into during the day in case my ankle starts to bother me. I spent 4 hours on my feet on Sunday while making dinner for my family, I just had flip flops on and by the end of 4 hours my ankle had swollen to twice it's normal size. I am going to be a wreck after 3 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Oh yes, I need help with the hair situation. Usually, my hair is like shoulder-length. But somehow it has managed to grow down to mid-boob recently. I think I'll need to do a braid or ponytail or something. I find that having my hair loose on the back of my neck makes me feel like I'm overheating. So icky.
    Having short hair you either have to wash and style every day or wear a hat. So had a hat on for a couple of days last year and it helped with the heat as well as covering the messy sweat head.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Hi ladies! So glad I lurked my way into this thread. This'll be my first Coachella and I'm so excited!!

Obviously, I'm spending my free moments dreaming about getting my wardrobe together. I got a super great deal on a dress from Athleta yesterday--it is made out of this wicking material, so I won't have to worry about sweat spots! SCORE.

Additionally, I found a cute floppy hat from Target. Cliche, sure, but it was too adorable to pass on.

As for shoes, I am still trying to find a comfortable pair. Most of those comfy sandals are either ugly as sin or they're insanely over-priced. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!

welcome, CatSquatch

what a smart idea with your dress. i've been buying more workout attire that has wicking material, but i never thought of it for something like coachella. that's brilliant!

i found some wicking material socks at target too.

and i love my DC chelsea sneakers!

I just got a catalog for Athleta. I shall peruse it more carefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

YES Wicking dresses are awesome. Sometimes I wear them to work when I am bicycle commuting. Godsend.

YES Wicking dresses are awesome. Sometimes I wear them to work when I am bicycle commuting. Godsend.
    Lululemon dresses are great for this. They have cute skirts and fun flowy tops too.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

i'm decidedly bringing my trusty rainbows [i consider them to be cute sandals], a pair of black vans for nighttime grooving, and i just bought a pair of toms [which i really like so far!] for a daytime sneaker option. i was astounded last year to see girls walking around in gladiator sandals and leather boots. on what planet are those actually comfortable for walking around all day? i don't get it.

makeup-wise, do you think it's totally necessary to wear waterproof mascara? i just really don't like it, even though my face does tend to get quite sweaty and nasty. i can't seem to remember what i wore last year.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    If you're going to wear tennis shoes, you might as well just get Tom's or a canvas sneaker or something. They're just as comfortable and cuter with dresses. I always buy one or two cheap pairs of shoes that I fully intend to never wear again after Coachella. I break them in for about a month before and wear them down at the fest.

edit: I should add that I hate wearing open toed shoes to events & I don't like flip-flops so I have rocked closed toed shoes at Coachella every year and am a little biased towards them.
    Ive been thinking about getting some toms for coachella...you may have just convinced me, even though I'm not entirely sure if I'm gonna wear dresses yet. I never wear them because I feel uncomfortable but since I've lost 20 lbs since this time last year I think I will this year. If not then shorts for sure. I've always worn jeans and vans.

romanticizer

YAY CATSQUATCH! <33333

Liquid eyeliner, waterproof mascara, lip balm, and sunscreen in spf 80000000000000000000.
    What kind of waterproof mascara? I don't usually wear any makeup (just sunscreen) to the festival since it's so hot and feel like it would just melt off!

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I just got a catalog for Athleta. I shall peruse it more carefully.
    Love there clothing because you can just throw it in your suit case and no wrinkles or (like said above) sweat marks!

Some of their dresses have built in shorts and bras attached as well.

Coachella Junkie

loca, Spanx seem like a really really poor choice at Coachella. At least Spanx as in the brand Spanx -- their stuff is almost all heavy nylon. Not what you'd want to wear when sweating in 100 degree heat. Cotton/spandex blend knit shorts have worked best for me -- either workout shorts or bike shorts or similar. Actually, my favorite coachella under-skirt/dress shorts are my old yoga pants that I cut off to mid-thigh length. Worked perfectly

I will have to see if I can find something like that, probably just in target in the workout area or something? Yeah, I wore some spanx when I was in Vegas under my dress and going to the bathroom was quite a chore, I didn't like the idea of having to wrestle my panties up in a port o john.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Lululemon dresses are great for this. They have cute skirts and fun flowy tops too.
    I've never heard of Lululemon. Adorable name--I'll certainly check it out this afternoon. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by romanticizer View Post
    YAY CATSQUATCH! <33333
    HIIIIII!!!

For Toms-virgins thinking of debuting them for the fest, be mindful that though they do stretch out, know how your feet affect shoes. I normally wear a 6.5 and after hearing they stretch a lot, I assumed I should go a half size down to a 6. Big mistake. A week after casual wear (and at a fest, there's no such thing as casual wear with your shoes) I had poked holes out with both of my big toes. I still throw them on when I need a quick slip on, but just know that they're slightly flimsy shoes. Granted, that's not going to keep me form ordering another pair, perhaps in my true size.

AAAAAND as for waterproof mascara, Lilee, I don't wear it for festivals. Maybe for a day at the pool, but not at the fest. I've never run into a situation where I'd need it. But. Perhaps I'll pack a tube as a back up?

lulu dress.jpg

This is an example of the type of stuff they sell at Lululemon. It's a Canadian co originally but can be found in the US too.

Quote Originally Posted by CatSquatch View Post
    AAAAAND as for waterproof mascara, Lilee, I don't wear it for festivals. Maybe for a day at the pool, but not at the fest. I've never run into a situation where I'd need it. But. Perhaps I'll pack a tube as a back up?
    yeah good call on the backup! perhaps i'll do that too. now that i'm thinking about it, i think i just decided not to wear mascara at all. had originally planned to try to look somewhat cute at the festival but that definitely fell through due to laziness when i was there haha.

hahahahahaha I love your avatar, lilee.

4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

Coachella Junkie

I feel like a pervert, ordering sex toys, via telephone, with a coupon.