Page 6 of 643 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girls Only Thread

Barbara, the ninja

Default Re: The Girls Only Thread

I didn't gain weight after I got the shot; I lost 10 pounds. Does that mean something is wrong?!?!!

I tried taking the pill, but I would feel like vomiting after, so that's why I got the shot. My doctor said that there weren't a lot of side effects except gaining weight and rarely blood clots. I like the fact that I don't have a period for 3 months, which is fine with me -_-

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

oh really? the pill had zero side effects for me. it's wonderful. it's just irksome that you have to get poked and prodded and investigated before they'll renew a prescription.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    oh really? the pill had zero side effects for me. it's wonderful. it's just irksome that you have to get poked and prodded and investigated before they'll renew a prescription.
    Yeah, they're making sure you don't have cervical cancer (among other things).
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by barbaratheninja View Post
    I didn't gain weight after I got the shot; I lost 10 pounds. Does that mean something is wrong?!?!!

I tried taking the pill, but I would feel like vomiting after, so that's why I got the shot. My doctor said that there weren't a lot of side effects except gaining weight and rarely blood clots. I like the fact that I don't have a period for 3 months, which is fine with me -_-
    I lost some weight after I started taking the pills.
    It would be nice to not have to deal with bloody vag every month, but I am afraid of shots >_<

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Yeah, they're making sure you don't have cervical cancer (among other things).
    i know but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck. 'specially when they decide that you need to have an ultrasound in addition to the regular examination and you have to put 48 ounces in your bladder and NOT piss yourself for an hour.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

FYI, you don't need to use Seasonale to skip your period. You can use pretty much most pills and just throw out the placebo ones that you'd normally be taking. This is especially good if you want something lower-dose than Seasonale because you don't need a full-strength birth control pill. It's also good if you normally take a pill that gives you a period but you're going on vacation or something and don't want to deal with it. Ask your ob/gyn about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    FYI, you don't need to use Seasonale to skip your period. You can use pretty much most pills and just throw out the placebo ones that you'd normally be taking. This is especially good if you want something lower-dose than Seasonale because you don't need a full-strength birth control pill. Ask your ob/gyn about it.
    Shiiiieeeeet gurrrrl, I tried that once and NEVER AGAIN!! It messed up my period soo bad!!! I was bleeding for like 2 months straight.

well, that sort of works. i've done it for various reasons and i always end up having my period the week after even though i'm still taking the regular dose. and sometimes it lasts for like 8 days and things get all screwy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beef Jerky View Post
    Shiiiieeeeet gurrrrl, I tried that once and NEVER AGAIN!! It messed up my period soo bad!!! I was bleeding for like 2 months straight.
    Oh you're so silly.

My sister told me she spotted every day on Depo. She hated that shizz.

Oh you're so silly.

I don't know what I did wrong.

Oh you're so silly.
    now i can't stop thinking of "oh you're so silent jens".

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I have just past the shoulder length hair. I'm ready to cut it off, completely off - short of shaving it. Did that and will never do it again.

I'm naturally a short hair person, but do to laziness and acclimating to mother hood I've gotten 2 years of laziness hangin' off my head. I NEED a change. Any ideas for cute short cuts? I like Posh's hair right now.

Wadda you ladies say?
    I love Posh's hair. A lot. That would be a great do.

i had a dream i cut off all my hair and now i'm itching to do it. this is the longest my hair's been since preschool.

Banned

Short hair is so 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Beef Jerky View Post
    Sometimes I wish I liked girls.
    I wish I did too. Oh wait......I do.

I cut off my long hair after I had kids. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made, as far as changing my style. My hair is too tangley to be long anyway.

My hair appointment is in two weeks, and everyday I hate my long hair more and more. I'm about ready to go into the bathroom and cut it off myself.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

I cut off my long hair after I had kids. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made, as far as changing my style. My hair is too tangley to be long anyway.
    my hair isn't "tangly" i guess because it's naturally straight (thank god, i would never take the time to do it if it wasn't). but it does get caught in EVERYTHING. and i have to brush it like every hour.

but i look retarded with short hair so it's worth the effort.

and how many of you girls shop at victoria's secret? i went there yesterday to do some birthday shopping. granted, i worked in their beauty shop seasonally one christmas, but I HATE THE SALES GIRLS. seriously. no, i don't want to try the new fragrance. no, i don't need to be sized AGAIN. no, i don't want you to bug me in line for a fitting room while i'm texting. jesus christ, would you ask me if i needed sizing if i was on the phone? i've got a bag of bras, i'm waiting in the long ass line, YOU'VE GOT ME, NOW LEAVE ME ALONE.

and for fucks sake make a CUTE bra without padding that's bigger than a C cup!!! i miss those satin demi angels bras with the cute double straps that weren't padded, now they only make them in padded.

and yet i still shop there, lol. i need to find a better place for my bras!
    Last edited by chairmenmeow47; 06-04-2007 at 11:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Ladies - burn your bras!!!

Lexapro is bad too-gained 50 lbs. Just stopped taking it so not sure how long that's going to take to come off.
    I feel your pain. I've gained a lot of weight on it, too. But I prefer having extra weight on my body to being depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    my hair isn't "tangly" i guess because it's naturally straight (thank god, i would never take the time to do it if it wasn't). but it does get caught in EVERYTHING. and i have to brush it like every hour.
    Wrong. My hair is stick-straight but it gets tangled very easily. My mom and one of my daughters has the same exact hair texture. My other daughter has straight hair with a very slight wave, and her hair isn't tangley at all. *jealous* (she got it from her daddy)

My doctor half-assed recommended Depoprovera to me as a good way to gain weight, but she made it sound pretty bad for many other reasons.
    It was actually cool other than the weight gain. My period stopped completely.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post

but i look retarded with short hair so it's worth the effort.

and how many of you girls shop at victoria's secret? i went there yesterday to do some birthday shopping. granted, i worked in their beauty shop seasonally one christmas, but I HATE THE SALES GIRLS. seriously. no, i don't want to try the new fragrance. no, i don't need to be sized AGAIN. no, i don't want you to bug me in line for a fitting room while i'm texting. jesus christ, would you ask me if i needed sizing if i was on the phone? i've got a bag of bras, i'm waiting in the long ass line, YOU'VE GOT ME, NOW LEAVE ME ALONE.

and for fucks sake make a CUTE bra without padding that's bigger than a C cup!!! i miss those satin demi angels bras with the cute double straps that weren't padded, now they only make them in padded.

and yet i still shop there, lol. i need to find a better place for my bras!
    I like Victoria's Secret but I seem to have a sensitivity to certain materials and most of their bras make me itch. It's a tragedy for sure.

my hair is kind of wavy but unfortunately it doesn't wave in a cute way so i have to straighten it.

as for victoria's secret, i can't go in there without buying like ten pairs of underwear.

I like Victoria's Secret when they have my size. They make nice bras for the under-endowed.

www.victoriassecret.com

No sales girls. I'm with ya on the bra thing tho....I hardly ever find anything cute in a D cup.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Banned

Does Lexapro make women crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    www.victoriassecret.com

No sales girls. I'm with ya on the bra thing tho....I hardly ever find anything cute in a D cup.
    damn, your local stores must suck. i always find cute bras, and without padding. i have a bunch of hot push-ups.