Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I think Radiohead sucks

Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

i'm tired of this thread and i am sorry i started it. please let it die people

and here you go supre

Nice, that'll be one thats framing worthy if I can get one. Well listen to what I said and download, dont judge until you listen. You might end up liking it more than you know.

hey does anyone know a place where i can copy that poster? kinkos? staples? i really wanna put the zoetrope together and see what it looks like but i don't wanna cut up the original

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Somewhat, the answers quoted above have some contradictions. How do you know what they are saying and coming from if you dont have an album or barely heard a song from them? How is the music pretentious if you havent listened to their pretentious records? I'll let the live thing slide of course since you are a little baby, but still. There is plenty of music worth obsessiong over, you just dont want to take the chance of backing the wrong horse. Loyalty is a strong thing and this band has it with their fans. They will stand by their words because they believe in the music and what it does to them and how its affected lots of other things. Before you even started to ask us our thoughts you shouldve done your homework. Go download The Bends, OK Computer and Kid A, listen until you get tired of it and come back to us. I'll even give you links to download if that helps.

Now I will give you my answer. Being a long time fan(15 years and counting) theres been lots of history in my life with this band. I have been trying to make up for lost time on seeing them live but I think thats my only fault with them. Its moving music, you listen to it over and over and sometimes you hear something you didnt before. You get a visual of whats being said and conveyed in the lyrics. Thom writes some good words if you ever took the time to read them. They are not where they are within the music scene because they just played to the masses and did their bidding. I could care less now if they ever played Creep again, because I have seen it performed and thats that, lets move on ya know? They have been 10 steps ahead of the game for a while. When they put an album out, everyone listens because its a big deal. People wonder what they will do next, will they go all electronic? Maybe some more jazz? Will they return to the guitar work that propelled them into the limelight? Hail To The Thief was pretty good I think, but for me that album was made to be played live. They had finally gotten over all the s**t that happend post Ok Computer and what made Kid A and Amnesiac good albums. They got "happy" and you could see it a bit. I loved the last tour, because being able to be the guinea pigs for what would be the next album is just awesome. It was the longest week of my life. I laughed, I cried, I lost immense sleep. I had to readjust to "normal" life after all of it ended. I couldnt even believe it went by so fast, yet time stood still. In any blog I wrote about that whole week I never spoke of the show and the music, because in my eyes I couldnt find words to express what went through my mind, my heart, my body for those 2 hours they were on stage every night. When you find pieces of music that can do that to you, you hold on and cherish it because you know there wont be something like that created ever again. Hope that helps, now get to downloading.

Great, now I might not even get one if you got #687, crap. Picture of it woudl be cool if you would be so kind.
    I feel the same way about Tool.

Quote Originally Posted by PineapplePete View Post
    i don't not "get" anything. i totally understand where they're coming from and what they're saying.

i have never gotten around to acquiring a Radiohead album
    Oh man, the lulz, the lulz...

Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    Oh man, the lulz, the lulz...
    i loled

To: hangthedj112, kingsblend420
    Date: 30 May, 2007
    Re: Oh man, the lulz, the lulz ...

For more lulz, see also:

their "progressive" music is just plain pretentious to me, its not that i dont understand it

as i explained i have no reason to think they suck, i have barely ever herd a song from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

I think Depeche Mode sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingdave View Post
    Radiohead is still one of my favorite bands.
    They are one of the few bands who have always pushed the boundaries of "mainstream" music and have never rested on their laurels by putting out the same crap every release (Hail to the Thief excepted, but that's another argument...) instead challenging their fanbase by changing their sound and putting out records that take time to appreciate. You could pick 2-3 records of theirs and not only argue that they belong in the top 10 record pantheon but never fail to send shivers down my spine...

Now, having said that, I am starting to feel that their creative output has run the course. I didn't feel the same power and emotion with Hail to the Thief that I had with all earlier records. Their last tour left much to be desired though I think they basically wanted to test out the new batch of songs on their core fanbase so they in turn booked smaller more initimate venues (which I thought would be great, but the energy didn't translate).

I will be one of the first in line to check out the new record when it comes out and I will always go see them, but I do think that we will be witnessing the remaining years of this band on the downward slope after such a glorious and beautiful uphill climb...
    Dave,

This is the most detailed and honest review of Radiohead as a whole that I have witnessed in recent memory, however, this statement does make me beg to differ on running their course. Have you heard any of the new stuff, particularly "Videotape" ?, what do you make of the new material? Has the same feeling that you got from previous albums/tracks resonated at all? I am not trying to be a typical asshole Radiohead fan, I am just asking out of curiosity due in part to the fact that your opinions are logical.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole.Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Ok Computer is an amazing album. I thought Radiohead were "pretty good" up until I bought that album. It is now in my top 10, perhaps even top 5, albums of all time. Something about that album...
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

BLASPHEMY!

OK COmputer is timeless in its essence.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    haha yall are a trip...for some reason i just do NOT like the beatles, not sayin they suck or you all are stupid for liking them...its just my opinion, and ive given them a ton of listens...just not for me

but of course...that makes me stupid right? haha
    I'm personally kind of sick of the Beatles. Maybe I'll "get" them someday. I don't think anyone who dislikes them is anti-music.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Yeah... I fall into that category of folks who like the Strokes more than either the Beatles or Radiohead.

I think the latter (especially with Bob Dylan) is because I listened to a LOT of oldies music in my youth (trivia: before it became an independent alt. rock station, 94.9 was the oldies station) and I grew out of it.

There are just a few artists with this ridiculous mainstream reverence that's VERY push-offish for me, at least, and it's especially true in regards to Radiohead where virtually every fan I've ever encountered has never had anything to complain about the band, or if questioned have the same reply; "well, I never really liked Pablo Honey at first..."

Yeah, you might think it's a silly reason to not like the group, but that kind of atmosphere is pretty intimidating. That coupled with the fact that I think Radiohead isn't the greatest tends to put me in the camp of "people who dislike Radiohead" because, in my experience, it's impossible to find a middle ground with Radiohead fans... =/

On a side note, I do love this remix I found of Thom Yorke's "Analyze" mixed in with Jeff Buckley's "You and I"... It's pretty boss.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

I never listen to Pablo Honey. And I skip over a few Radiohead songs. There are some Radiohead album tracks that I <gasp!> haven't even put on my ipod.

Yet I still consider myself a huge Radiohead fan. And I adore the Thom Yorke solo CD.
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Although Okay Computer is essentially the groundbreaking album KID A has slowly become my personal favorite of the six albums they have put out.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole.Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I never listen to Pablo Honey. And I skip over a few Radiohead songs. There are some Radiohead album tracks that I <gasp!> haven't even put on my ipod.

Yet I still consider myself a huge Radiohead fan. And I adore the Thom Yorke solo CD.
    You know, I seem to remember having this chat in the chat room... With that same answer too...

Oh yeah, lemme know if you want a copy of that track I mentioned.
    Upcoming Shows:

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Ah. I have this horrible habit of repeating myself. I don't remember what track you mentioned.

No worries, it's a remix. When I was looking for some music for my myspace, I came across this site with some remixes, and one of them was a remix of Thom Yorke's "Analyze" where the person tracked over Jeff Buckley's "You and I" and it's really good.
    Upcoming Shows:

i don't really think pablo honey is very good at all...a couple good tunes, but overall its definitely their weakest...

amnesiac is my fav nowadays, grows on me every time i listen to it....
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

I didn't even like Radiohead much until I started hearing tracks off The Bends. That CD was an instant classic.

I think Pablo Honey is a really mediocre album. I think The Bends is a good album that won't stand the test of time.

Everything else is amazing. Although HTTT is not quite up to par with the three previous albums.

I love Hail to the Thief, but The Bends and OK Computer are their only albums in which I don't skip any tracks.

is this chris ware?

never mind. it's another burlesque. looks like ware's style though.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Dave,

This is the most detailed and honest review of Radiohead as a whole that I have witnessed in recent memory, however, this statement does make me beg to differ on running their course. Have you heard any of the new stuff, particularly "Videotape" ?, what do you make of the new material? Has the same feeling that you got from previous albums/tracks resonated at all? I am not trying to be a typical asshole Radiohead fan, I am just asking out of curiosity due in part to the fact that your opinions are logical.
    I honestly refuse to listen to any of the leaked new stuff. I think it's possible that the leaked version of Hail to the Thief on some level ruined the actual release for me. As for hearing the new material live on their last tour, a couple songs felt strong but most of it still sounded half finished and still in progress. I will wait until the official release and then give it some time to sink in.

Are you pushing it out, you ******?

The Bends has been holding up for 12 years and counting. That album, along with OK COmputer and Hail to the Thief are my favorites. I like their more guitar driven work over their more electronic sounding songs, but they are always good no matter what.

Convince me otherwise...
    you need to be able to follow a cogent argument before you can be convinced of anything

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    But on the bright side, people are now clicking on your thread, Pineapple Pete. Keep up the good work.
    +10

Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I don't know, Pete. You've presented such a cogent and bulletproof argument of your own position, I think all of us Radiohead fans are now seriously reconsidering our love of the band.

"I think Radiohead sucks." Man, can't argue with that logic.
    +10

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    If you don't like the Beatles, you don't have a soul. Simple as that.
    true fact.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingdave View Post
    Radiohead is still one of my favorite bands.
    They are one of the few bands who have always pushed the boundaries of "mainstream" music and have never rested on their laurels by putting out the same crap every release (Hail to the Thief excepted, but that's another argument...) instead challenging their fanbase by changing their sound and putting out records that take time to appreciate. You could pick 2-3 records of theirs and not only argue that they belong in the top 10 record pantheon but never fail to send shivers down my spine...

Now, having said that, I am starting to feel that their creative output has run the course. I didn't feel the same power and emotion with Hail to the Thief that I had with all earlier records. Their last tour left much to be desired though I think they basically wanted to test out the new batch of songs on their core fanbase so they in turn booked smaller more initimate venues (which I thought would be great, but the energy didn't translate).

I will be one of the first in line to check out the new record when it comes out and I will always go see them, but I do think that we will be witnessing the remaining years of this band on the downward slope after such a glorious and beautiful uphill climb...
    I think it's possible you've given up too soon. You may be right (HTTT had its moments, but overall was kind of dull) but other bands have had their own flubs and followed with outstanding work later on.

i don't not "get" anything. i totally understand where they're coming from and what they're saying.

i have never gotten around to acquiring a Radiohead album

i have never seen them live

i dont KNOW whether or not "their fanbase or anyone else is just kissing their asses for no good reason" thats why i asked the question dumbshit

their "progressive" music is just plain pretentious to me, its not that i dont understand it

as i explained i have no reason to think they suck, i have barely ever herd a song from them. i only said that to get a response from radiohead fans in defense of Radiohead

i haven't chosen a "radiohead" yet...i dont think any music is worth obsessing and pouring over

there happy now?

as it has become apparent i know close to nothing about radiohead, i only wanted to know why people think they're so great
    You're awesome pete. Not only are you the dumbest motherfucker on this board, you flaunt it. You strut it. You post shit that just screams, "look how dumb my bad ass is!"

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I'm personally kind of sick of the Beatles. Maybe I'll "get" them someday. I don't think anyone who dislikes them is anti-music.
    oh amy. where to start with you.
    Get the White Album. listen to it beginning to end without interruption. pretend in your head it's a new album from a band you've never heard of but they are playing the Gobi Tent at Coachella 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Fuckin a. The White Album is one of the best things in the history of art.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****