Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 159

Thread: I think Radiohead sucks

  1. #61
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by PineapplePete View Post
    more or less yes



    this is what i want.
    And shouldnt we wonder why anyone kisses the asses of your favorite bands? How about that for a question. Look at it like that and you will figure it out kid.


    And you still havent answered my questions kid. ANSWER or I wont even give you an explanation.

  2. #62
    Member NeverMyopic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    347

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    1. The Smiths 2. The Pixies 3. The Strokes 4. Ride
    I do not bother to rank bands below the top 5.
    That's a pretty damn good top 5!
    "Yeah chicks go nuts for that... the male camel toe."
    "Yea yea! The camel tail."

  3. #63
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,547

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Having The Strokes above Radiohead let alone in the top five bands of all time is fucking preposterous. Also, nothing prior to the 80s?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  4. #64
    old school kroqken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, California.
    Posts
    5,536

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    The Strokes are one of the greatest bands of all time and Julian Casablancas is a genius. Call him "Casagenius".

  5. #65
    LOLocaust Survivor Hannahrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    stately Rain Manor
    Posts
    17,447

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    I'm with Randy on this one. In five years, The Strokes will be a "Hey, remember those guys?" "No." "Yeah, me neither." band.

  6. #66
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,549

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    I'm with Randy on this one. In five years, The Strokes will be a "Hey, remember those guys?" "No." "Yeah, me neither." band.
    agreed. The Strokes are OK, but they aren't anything special.

  7. #67
    Beef Supreme Mr.Nipples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rancho Retardo
    Posts
    7,287

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    i was just thinking the same thing today, which is a shame because is this it? is a really good album...
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

  8. #68
    old school kroqken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, California.
    Posts
    5,536

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    The Strokes are special. I have seen them six times and they put on one of the best shows I have ever seen anywhere.

  9. #69
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,547

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    ... right. They're not even as good as the bands that copied their sound, not to mention the bands they were copying their sound from to begin with. Also, they're responsible for looking like a rock star having turned into looking like an asshole, and all the assholes trying to look like rock stars walking around. Plus that singer needs to have his vocal chords set on fire, then extinguished with hot asphalt.

    Just sayin'. Give me what you think the absolute best Strokes song is and I'll check it out. If it even touches Radiohead's ten best, I'll suck FOI's dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  10. #70
    old school kroqken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, California.
    Posts
    5,536

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    My favorite song is "Hawaii Aloha" which is a rare Strokes B side.

  11. #71
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,549

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    The Strokes are special. I have seen them six times and they put on one of the best shows I have ever seen anywhere.
    yeah... i like my favorite stuff "special" too.

  12. #72
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by ragingdave View Post

    Now, having said that, I am starting to feel that their creative output has run the course. I didn't feel the same power and emotion with Hail to the Thief that I had with all earlier records. Their last tour left much to be desired though I think they basically wanted to test out the new batch of songs on their core fanbase so they in turn booked smaller more initimate venues (which I thought would be great, but the energy didn't translate).

    I will be one of the first in line to check out the new record when it comes out and I will always go see them, but I do think that we will be witnessing the remaining years of this band on the downward slope after such a glorious and beautiful uphill climb...
    That's exactly why i didn't scramble to get Radiohead tickets when they came here. I knew they'd be difficult to get and I wasn't quite sure if at this point in their career if they were worth the effort.
    Last edited by summerkid; 05-30-2007 at 07:52 PM.

  13. #73
    old school kroqken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, California.
    Posts
    5,536

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    My cereal is called Special K. They should take a picture of my face and put it on a cereal box, like my picture on http://www.myspace.com/kroqken

  14. #74
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    The Strokes are special. I have seen them six times and they put on one of the best shows I have ever seen anywhere.
    I hate the Strokes so much, they do nothing but disappoint me with every new album they come out with. I threw First Impressions out with my garbage.

  15. #75
    LOLocaust Survivor Hannahrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    stately Rain Manor
    Posts
    17,447

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Ken, it's nice that you've found a band that resonates so strongly with you, but something meaning a lot to you personally doesn't make it "special" in the grand scheme of music history. The Strokes arent bringing anything new to the table, and they aren't impressing most of us with their interpretation of the existing music world.

  16. #76
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,547

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Well Pete, as it turns out we're not nearly as interested in whether or not you think Radiohead sucks ('cause it's silly) as we are in how much Ken thinks The Strokes don't suck ('cause it's silly).
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  17. #77
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Yeah he is kind of missing out because we are not doing his bidding, and he cant even answer simple questions I asked. Too busy gushing over the AF show from last night still?

  18. #78
    LOLocaust Survivor Hannahrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    stately Rain Manor
    Posts
    17,447

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks


  19. #79
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,547

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Well in all due fairness, Supre... who the fuck ever wants to answer your questions? Feel free to consider that rhetorical.

    And the AF show was fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  20. #80
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,549

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    That's exactly why i didn't scramble to get Radiohead tickets when they came here. I knew they'd be difficult to get and I wasn't quite sure if at this point in there career if they were worth the effort.
    I don't know, Berkeley night 2 was the best Radiohead show I've ever seen, and it was my 6th time (Kid A, HTTT, and last tour, two each).

  21. #81
    old school BlueDevil50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Santa Maria, CA
    Posts
    3,782

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    haha yall are a trip...for some reason i just do NOT like the beatles, not sayin they suck or you all are stupid for liking them...its just my opinion, and ive given them a ton of listens...just not for me

    but of course...that makes me stupid right? haha

  22. #82

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Yeah he is kind of missing out because we are not doing his bidding, and he cant even answer simple questions I asked. Too busy gushing over the AF show from last night still?
    i'll get to it in a sec...lemme go find ur post

  23. #83
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,547

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    haha yall are a trip...for some reason i just do NOT like the beatles, not sayin they suck or you all are stupid for liking them...its just my opinion, and ive given them a ton of listens...just not for me

    but of course...that makes me stupid right? haha
    Well, differences of opinion are kinda inherent in life, but if opinions aren't what defines whether or not someone's stupid then what is? Anything anyone says is merely their opinion. Some of these opinions are stupid. Not loving Sgt. Pepper's... that's one of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  24. #84
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,549

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    but of course...that makes me stupid right? haha
    haha. yes.

  25. #85
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,473

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    I havent given my two cents on Radiohead yet, but I only want to say this:

    If listening to Exit Music and Lucky doesnt send chills down your spine, then I dont know what will.

  26. #86

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Maybe Pete just liked my response after he said Morrissey sucks. He doesnt want to go on my ignore list. ANYWAY, back on topic. I am on my break so I thought I would check in. While Pete goes through his last days of high school I'll post these questions.



    What dont you "get"?
    What songs do you like from them?
    What songs dont you like?
    How long have you been listening to them?
    Have you ever seen them live?
    Do you feel their fanbase or anyone else is just kissing their asses for no good reason?
    Is their music just too ''progressive'' and ''out there'' that your brain cant comprehend, thus the rejection?
    Does Thoms eye scare you?
    Which albums have you listened to?
    What just made you think they suck?
    Who is ''worthy'' of being your ''Radiohead''?(dont say arcade fire)
    Do you like Coldplay more cause Chris Martin has a hot wife?
    Did you ever consider suicide and Radiohead pushed you to do so because they ''suck'' so much?
    If you could make a suggestion to the band regarding their next album and what music is going to end up on it, what would you say?




    The gauntlet has been set, lets see what you got.
    i don't not "get" anything. i totally understand where they're coming from and what they're saying.

    i have never gotten around to acquiring a Radiohead album

    i have never seen them live

    i dont KNOW whether or not "their fanbase or anyone else is just kissing their asses for no good reason" thats why i asked the question dumbshit

    their "progressive" music is just plain pretentious to me, its not that i dont understand it

    as i explained i have no reason to think they suck, i have barely ever herd a song from them. i only said that to get a response from radiohead fans in defense of Radiohead

    i haven't chosen a "radiohead" yet...i dont think any music is worth obsessing and pouring over

    there happy now?


    as it has become apparent i know close to nothing about radiohead, i only wanted to know why people think they're so great

  27. #87

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Yeah he is kind of missing out because we are not doing his bidding, and he cant even answer simple questions I asked. Too busy gushing over the AF show from last night still?
    and yes...im just sitting here starring at my beautiful zoetrope...number 687/1000

  28. #88
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,547

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by PineapplePete View Post
    as it has become apparent i know close to nothing about radiohead, i only wanted to know why people think they're so great
    Alright, well, that's kinda fucking annoying then. Why were you asking us to take time out of our day to defend a band that you don't even dislike yet? As if the collective board's detailed opinions on why they like Radiohead (generally a silly question--you like music that sounds good to you) would have any impact on whether or not you'd like them to.

    Download a fucking album or two, you lazy whore. OK Computer and Kid A, specifically.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  29. #89

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    I think that I should weight in on the discussion here. And I'm not going to lie here......................











































    that is all

  30. #90
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by PineapplePete View Post
    i don't not "get" anything. i totally understand where they're coming from and what they're saying.

    i have never gotten around to acquiring a Radiohead album

    i have never seen them live


    their "progressive" music is just plain pretentious to me, its not that i dont understand it

    as i explained i have no reason to think they suck, i have barely ever herd a song from them.

    i haven't chosen a "radiohead" yet...i dont think any music is worth obsessing and pouring over

    Somewhat, the answers quoted above have some contradictions. How do you know what they are saying and coming from if you dont have an album or barely heard a song from them? How is the music pretentious if you havent listened to their pretentious records? I'll let the live thing slide of course since you are a little baby, but still. There is plenty of music worth obsessiong over, you just dont want to take the chance of backing the wrong horse. Loyalty is a strong thing and this band has it with their fans. They will stand by their words because they believe in the music and what it does to them and how its affected lots of other things. Before you even started to ask us our thoughts you shouldve done your homework. Go download The Bends, OK Computer and Kid A, listen until you get tired of it and come back to us. I'll even give you links to download if that helps.





    Now I will give you my answer. Being a long time fan(15 years and counting) theres been lots of history in my life with this band. I have been trying to make up for lost time on seeing them live but I think thats my only fault with them. Its moving music, you listen to it over and over and sometimes you hear something you didnt before. You get a visual of whats being said and conveyed in the lyrics. Thom writes some good words if you ever took the time to read them. They are not where they are within the music scene because they just played to the masses and did their bidding. I could care less now if they ever played Creep again, because I have seen it performed and thats that, lets move on ya know? They have been 10 steps ahead of the game for a while. When they put an album out, everyone listens because its a big deal. People wonder what they will do next, will they go all electronic? Maybe some more jazz? Will they return to the guitar work that propelled them into the limelight? Hail To The Thief was pretty good I think, but for me that album was made to be played live. They had finally gotten over all the s**t that happend post Ok Computer and what made Kid A and Amnesiac good albums. They got "happy" and you could see it a bit. I loved the last tour, because being able to be the guinea pigs for what would be the next album is just awesome. It was the longest week of my life. I laughed, I cried, I lost immense sleep. I had to readjust to "normal" life after all of it ended. I couldnt even believe it went by so fast, yet time stood still. In any blog I wrote about that whole week I never spoke of the show and the music, because in my eyes I couldnt find words to express what went through my mind, my heart, my body for those 2 hours they were on stage every night. When you find pieces of music that can do that to you, you hold on and cherish it because you know there wont be something like that created ever again. Hope that helps, now get to downloading.




    Great, now I might not even get one if you got #687, crap. Picture of it woudl be cool if you would be so kind.
    Last edited by suprefan; 05-30-2007 at 08:13 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Bjork Sucks Balls
    By brycerosen in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 173
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 08:12 PM
  2. Records in your collection that sucks
    By SojuGorae in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 06-12-2010, 11:25 PM
  3. Coachella sucks - Apart from the line-up
    By MaliciousMike in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 05:27 PM
  4. It Sucks Drinking Fat Tire Alone
    By S.Fantana in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 08:53 PM
  5. This Sucks!!!!
    By Cydewonder in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 11:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •