Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 159

Thread: I think Radiohead sucks

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default I think Radiohead sucks

    Convince me otherwise...

  2. #2
    Member Ill_Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Lock
    Posts
    1,474

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    ThomThom and Suprefan.. i call upon you
    Quote Originally Posted by breakjaw View Post
    I hope noone stab me with belt bucklez while I line dancing so fast in Skoal Tent,please peoplez!

  3. #3
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by Ill_Eagle View Post
    ThomThom and Suprefan.. i call upon you
    ::from the deapths of the abyss somethign rises:



    You called up on me?



    OK, well I cant type anything argument worthy since I'm leaving for work in a little bit. But in the meantime I am sure somebody will say soemthing. When I get home we'll see whats up.

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,769

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Suicide rocks. Try it.

    But seriously, if you aren't convinced already, you never will. Develop taste, that is.

  5. #5
    Member noisemachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Santa Barbara and East Bay Area
    Posts
    1,288

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by PineapplePete View Post
    Convince me otherwise...
    No thanks. I think they're great but I could not care less about what other people think of them, or any of the music I like.

  6. #6
    Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brentwood, CA
    Posts
    6,191

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    But on the bright side, people are now clicking on your thread, Pineapple Pete. Keep up the good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

  7. #7
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,281

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    But on the bright side, people are now clicking on your thread, Pineapple Pete. Keep up the good work.
    exactly. attention is pure gold to some
    Last edited by dorkfish; 05-30-2007 at 07:19 AM.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  8. #8
    Member smokealotapotamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bend, OR
    Posts
    682

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    I could see Pete being the teacher for a debate class: "I'll just play devil's advocate here... Radiohead sucks... convince me otherwise"
    Alright... I regret the screen name.

  9. #9
    old school dontfeedthebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Traveling man.
    Posts
    3,981

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Mmmm. Thom.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    cold white north
    Posts
    2,281

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    whew, one less guy to battle for radiohead tickets....
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

  11. #11
    foof roberto73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stately Wayne Manor
    Posts
    2,990

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    I don't know, Pete. You've presented such a cogent and bulletproof argument of your own position, I think all of us Radiohead fans are now seriously reconsidering our love of the band.

    "I think Radiohead sucks." Man, can't argue with that logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

  12. #12
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Maybe Pete just liked my response after he said Morrissey sucks. He doesnt want to go on my ignore list. ANYWAY, back on topic. I am on my break so I thought I would check in. While Pete goes through his last days of high school I'll post these questions.



    What dont you "get"?
    What songs do you like from them?
    What songs dont you like?
    How long have you been listening to them?
    Have you ever seen them live?
    Do you feel their fanbase or anyone else is just kissing their asses for no good reason?
    Is their music just too ''progressive'' and ''out there'' that your brain cant comprehend, thus the rejection?
    Does Thoms eye scare you?
    Which albums have you listened to?
    What just made you think they suck?
    Who is ''worthy'' of being your ''Radiohead''?(dont say arcade fire)
    Do you like Coldplay more cause Chris Martin has a hot wife?
    Did you ever consider suicide and Radiohead pushed you to do so because they ''suck'' so much?
    If you could make a suggestion to the band regarding their next album and what music is going to end up on it, what would you say?




    The gauntlet has been set, lets see what you got.

  13. #13
    ASS FACE ThomThom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,596

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Maybe Pete just liked my response after he said Morrissey sucks. He doesnt want to go on my ignore list. ANYWAY, back on topic. I am on my break so I thought I would check in. While Pete goes through his last days of high school I'll post these questions.



    What dont you "get"?
    What songs do you like from them?
    What songs dont you like?
    How long have you been listening to them?
    Have you ever seen them live?
    Do you feel their fanbase or anyone else is just kissing their asses for no good reason?
    Is their music just too ''progressive'' and ''out there'' that your brain cant comprehend, thus the rejection?
    Does Thoms eye scare you?
    Which albums have you listened to?
    What just made you think they suck?
    Who is ''worthy'' of being your ''Radiohead''?(dont say arcade fire)
    Do you like Coldplay more cause Chris Martin has a hot wife?
    Did you ever consider suicide and Radiohead pushed you to do so because they ''suck'' so much?
    If you could make a suggestion to the band regarding their next album and what music is going to end up on it, what would you say?




    The gauntlet has been set, lets see what you got.

    Wow, Supre...very "codytwo" ish of you, come on Pete let's hear the horse shit that's about to come out of you now.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

  14. #14

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Maybe Pete just liked my response after he said Morrissey sucks. He doesnt want to go on my ignore list. ANYWAY, back on topic. I am on my break so I thought I would check in. While Pete goes through his last days of high school I'll post these questions.



    What dont you "get"?
    What songs do you like from them?
    What songs dont you like?
    How long have you been listening to them?
    Have you ever seen them live?
    Do you feel their fanbase or anyone else is just kissing their asses for no good reason?
    Is their music just too ''progressive'' and ''out there'' that your brain cant comprehend, thus the rejection?
    Does Thoms eye scare you?
    Which albums have you listened to?
    What just made you think they suck?
    Who is ''worthy'' of being your ''Radiohead''?(dont say arcade fire)
    Do you like Coldplay more cause Chris Martin has a hot wife?
    Did you ever consider suicide and Radiohead pushed you to do so because they ''suck'' so much?
    If you could make a suggestion to the band regarding their next album and what music is going to end up on it, what would you say?




    The gauntlet has been set, lets see what you got.
    i don't not "get" anything. i totally understand where they're coming from and what they're saying.

    i have never gotten around to acquiring a Radiohead album

    i have never seen them live

    i dont KNOW whether or not "their fanbase or anyone else is just kissing their asses for no good reason" thats why i asked the question dumbshit

    their "progressive" music is just plain pretentious to me, its not that i dont understand it

    as i explained i have no reason to think they suck, i have barely ever herd a song from them. i only said that to get a response from radiohead fans in defense of Radiohead

    i haven't chosen a "radiohead" yet...i dont think any music is worth obsessing and pouring over

    there happy now?


    as it has become apparent i know close to nothing about radiohead, i only wanted to know why people think they're so great

  15. #15
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,829

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by PineapplePete View Post
    as it has become apparent i know close to nothing about radiohead, i only wanted to know why people think they're so great
    Alright, well, that's kinda fucking annoying then. Why were you asking us to take time out of our day to defend a band that you don't even dislike yet? As if the collective board's detailed opinions on why they like Radiohead (generally a silly question--you like music that sounds good to you) would have any impact on whether or not you'd like them to.

    Download a fucking album or two, you lazy whore. OK Computer and Kid A, specifically.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  16. #16

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    I think that I should weight in on the discussion here. And I'm not going to lie here......................











































    that is all

  17. #17
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by PineapplePete View Post
    i don't not "get" anything. i totally understand where they're coming from and what they're saying.

    i have never gotten around to acquiring a Radiohead album

    i have never seen them live


    their "progressive" music is just plain pretentious to me, its not that i dont understand it

    as i explained i have no reason to think they suck, i have barely ever herd a song from them.

    i haven't chosen a "radiohead" yet...i dont think any music is worth obsessing and pouring over

    Somewhat, the answers quoted above have some contradictions. How do you know what they are saying and coming from if you dont have an album or barely heard a song from them? How is the music pretentious if you havent listened to their pretentious records? I'll let the live thing slide of course since you are a little baby, but still. There is plenty of music worth obsessiong over, you just dont want to take the chance of backing the wrong horse. Loyalty is a strong thing and this band has it with their fans. They will stand by their words because they believe in the music and what it does to them and how its affected lots of other things. Before you even started to ask us our thoughts you shouldve done your homework. Go download The Bends, OK Computer and Kid A, listen until you get tired of it and come back to us. I'll even give you links to download if that helps.





    Now I will give you my answer. Being a long time fan(15 years and counting) theres been lots of history in my life with this band. I have been trying to make up for lost time on seeing them live but I think thats my only fault with them. Its moving music, you listen to it over and over and sometimes you hear something you didnt before. You get a visual of whats being said and conveyed in the lyrics. Thom writes some good words if you ever took the time to read them. They are not where they are within the music scene because they just played to the masses and did their bidding. I could care less now if they ever played Creep again, because I have seen it performed and thats that, lets move on ya know? They have been 10 steps ahead of the game for a while. When they put an album out, everyone listens because its a big deal. People wonder what they will do next, will they go all electronic? Maybe some more jazz? Will they return to the guitar work that propelled them into the limelight? Hail To The Thief was pretty good I think, but for me that album was made to be played live. They had finally gotten over all the s**t that happend post Ok Computer and what made Kid A and Amnesiac good albums. They got "happy" and you could see it a bit. I loved the last tour, because being able to be the guinea pigs for what would be the next album is just awesome. It was the longest week of my life. I laughed, I cried, I lost immense sleep. I had to readjust to "normal" life after all of it ended. I couldnt even believe it went by so fast, yet time stood still. In any blog I wrote about that whole week I never spoke of the show and the music, because in my eyes I couldnt find words to express what went through my mind, my heart, my body for those 2 hours they were on stage every night. When you find pieces of music that can do that to you, you hold on and cherish it because you know there wont be something like that created ever again. Hope that helps, now get to downloading.




    Great, now I might not even get one if you got #687, crap. Picture of it woudl be cool if you would be so kind.
    Last edited by suprefan; 05-30-2007 at 08:13 PM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Somewhat, the answers quoted above have some contradictions. How do you know what they are saying and coming from if you dont have an album or barely heard a song from them? How is the music pretentious if you havent listened to their pretentious records? I'll let the live thing slide of course since you are a little baby, but still. There is plenty of music worth obsessiong over, you just dont want to take the chance of backing the wrong horse. Loyalty is a strong thing and this band has it with their fans. They will stand by their words because they believe in the music and what it does to them and how its affected lots of other things. Before you even started to ask us our thoughts you shouldve done your homework. Go download The Bends, OK Computer and Kid A, listen until you get tired of it and come back to us. I'll even give you links to download if that helps.





    Now I will give you my answer. Being a long time fan(15 years and counting) theres been lots of history in my life with this band. I have been trying to make up for lost time on seeing them live but I think thats my only fault with them. Its moving music, you listen to it over and over and sometimes you hear something you didnt before. You get a visual of whats being said and conveyed in the lyrics. Thom writes some good words if you ever took the time to read them. They are not where they are within the music scene because they just played to the masses and did their bidding. I could care less now if they ever played Creep again, because I have seen it performed and thats that, lets move on ya know? They have been 10 steps ahead of the game for a while. When they put an album out, everyone listens because its a big deal. People wonder what they will do next, will they go all electronic? Maybe some more jazz? Will they return to the guitar work that propelled them into the limelight? Hail To The Thief was pretty good I think, but for me that album was made to be played live. They had finally gotten over all the s**t that happend post Ok Computer and what made Kid A and Amnesiac good albums. They got "happy" and you could see it a bit. I loved the last tour, because being able to be the guinea pigs for what would be the next album is just awesome. It was the longest week of my life. I laughed, I cried, I lost immense sleep. I had to readjust to "normal" life after all of it ended. I couldnt even believe it went by so fast, yet time stood still. In any blog I wrote about that whole week I never spoke of the show and the music, because in my eyes I couldnt find words to express what went through my mind, my heart, my body for those 2 hours they were on stage every night. When you find pieces of music that can do that to you, you hold on and cherish it because you know there wont be something like that created ever again. Hope that helps, now get to downloading.




    Great, now I might not even get one if you got #687, crap. Picture of it woudl be cool if you would be so kind.
    I feel the same way about Tool.

  19. #19

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by PineapplePete View Post
    i don't not "get" anything. i totally understand where they're coming from and what they're saying.

    i have never gotten around to acquiring a Radiohead album
    Oh man, the lulz, the lulz...

  20. #20

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by hangthedj112 View Post
    Oh man, the lulz, the lulz...
    i loled

  21. #21
    foof roberto73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stately Wayne Manor
    Posts
    2,990

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    To: hangthedj112, kingsblend420
    From: Roberto73
    Date: 30 May, 2007
    Re: Oh man, the lulz, the lulz ...

    For more lulz, see also:

    Quote Originally Posted by PineapplePete View Post
    their "progressive" music is just plain pretentious to me, its not that i dont understand it

    as i explained i have no reason to think they suck, i have barely ever herd a song from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

  22. #22
    ASS FACE ThomThom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,596

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by PineapplePete View Post
    Convince me otherwise...

    Attention Whore:

    Label given to any person who craves attention to such an extent that they will do anything to receive it. The type of attention (negative or positive) does not matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

  23. #23

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    some people just don't like certain bands. i dislike Nirvana, aww im rich but sad : (, and i dislike the Beatles..

  24. #24
    ASS FACE ThomThom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,596

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    some people just don't like certain bands. i dislike Nirvana, aww im rich but sad : (, and i dislike the Beatles..

    Yeah but your not asking for the entire board to convince you
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

  25. #25

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Yeah but your not asking for the entire board to convince you
    ah, touche'.

    PineapplePete


  26. #26
    old school mob roulette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Mercy Seat
    Posts
    2,644

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    some people just don't like certain bands. i dislike Nirvana, aww im rich but sad : (, and i dislike the Beatles..
    this sentence alone destroys all twelve years of any public education you might have received.

    assuming you finished.

    and yet we still wonder why the smart people aren't breeding as fast as the wal mart set. who wants to bring up kids in a world where sentences like this are allowed to exist? so depressing. really.

  27. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    I didn't like Radiohead when I was sixteen [16]. But that was one year before I stopped watching MTV forever. So that goes to tell you what my mindset was. I was watching MTV for fucks sake.

    Some people never grow up, eh Pineapple.

    E

  28. #28
    Coachella Junkie bballarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,937

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    I didn't like Radiohead before Coachella 04. I was bored by it. Then I listened to The Bends numerous times before the festival (in an effort to get into them). The other stuff fell into place after that.

  29. #29
    old school kroqken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, California.
    Posts
    5,762

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    Radiohead is my fifth favorite band of all time.

  30. #30
    ASS FACE ThomThom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,596

    Default Re: I think Radiohead sucks

    KEN,

    Who is 1-4?
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Similar Threads

  1. Bjork Sucks Balls
    By brycerosen in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 173
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 08:12 PM
  2. Records in your collection that sucks
    By SojuGorae in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 06-12-2010, 11:25 PM
  3. Coachella sucks - Apart from the line-up
    By MaliciousMike in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 05:27 PM
  4. It Sucks Drinking Fat Tire Alone
    By S.Fantana in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 08:53 PM
  5. This Sucks!!!!
    By Cydewonder in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 11:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •