Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sasquatch!

Banned

Default Re: Sasquatch!

It won't go Gold if it is. If there is a level of sales known as rubber, maybe it will reach that.

E

The new album will be instrumental, meaning they play instruments and sing a little bit, also. It is very funk-oriented, but experimental to varying degrees. Some of the songs are very good. Others are not as good. But none of it is boring or overly derivative. If you have seen them play live within the past few years, or have Hello Nasty or The In Sound From Way Out, you should have an idea of the direction they are going.

I think that a lot of their new direction stems from realizing how ridiculous three 45 year old dudes wearing Adidas jumpsuits and rapping about practical jokes can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    I can't tell a british accent from a gay accent.

Banned

Hey, middle aged guys need to jog as well.

Maybe they could join a national campaign to get couchpotatoes up.

E

If anyone wants to see how the Beasties sets went they're on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/magmazing

The Beastie Boys were fuckin excellent, you are a dumb cunt if you didnt think so. They busted out their hardcore which they havent done in 8 years, debuted some new material which was awesome. Their new cd leaked, and its excellent. The Wookie shows was fuckin amazing, you are an idiot for leaving. Download the dvd and see what you missed.
    Upcoming Shows:
    The Knife: 4/9 @ Fox Theater
    Coachella: 4/11-13 @ Empire Polo Fields

Banned

Uh, no. You're the idiot for not leaving. Manu Chau's main stage set was astounding.

E

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    Uh, no. You're the idiot for not leaving. Manu Chau's main stage set was astounding.
    Yeah, no one can sing yo-yo-yo for ~8 mins quite like they can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Banned

It's not my fault you're a typical American, only knowing one [1] language.

I understand what [substance] they are singing about. Maybe if you weren't such a mental midget, you would as well.

E

It's not my fault you're a typical American, only knowing one [1] language.
    I'm not American.

Next ?
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Banned

Stop wasting my time.

E

lol.

What language is yo-yo-yo anyway ?

I was told that Manu Chau's set was... if nothing else, Hilarious. And the Beasties tore it up on the wookie. I can't wait for the new album.
    Alright... I regret the screen name.

I saw Manu Chao at Coachella, well, saw, as in being crushed to death, trying to breathe before RATM came on...its too bad the schedules conflicted I would have liked to see them again, but Bboys were fuckin awesome. And Im not american either and speak english and spanish and lived in Peru for 5 years and know exactly what Manu Chao is talking about...I didnt get your argument there.
    Upcoming Shows:

Banned

There is SUBSTANCE in what he is singing about.

It's not that fucking difficult to understand.

You are CLEARLY a Beastie Boy fanboy. Of course you're going to [proverbially] suffocate on their nuts. I went to their Wookie stage performance and thought it was complete shit. No, I digress ... to me, a lover of music, it was complete shit. I've seen local bands that can play better then those fucks. PERIOD.

There is no more debate necessary. You can talk about how Manu says Yo-Yo-Yo-Yo, in his choruses all you want. At least MC can play a fucking instrument correctly.

E

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by smokealotapotamus View Post
    I was told that Manu Chau's set was... if nothing else, Hilarious. And the Beasties tore it up on the wookie. I can't wait for the new album.
    There were MORE people at Manu Chau than at Beastie Boys Wookie performance. How do I know? I went to both. And you're clearly a fanboy. Hardly an objective voice on the matter.

E

There is SUBSTANCE in what he is singing about.

It's not that fucking difficult to understand.

.................. You can talk about how Manu says Yo-Yo-Yo-Yo, in his choruses all you want.
    Post comedic value : HIGH.

There were MORE people at Manu Chau than at Beastie Boys Wookie performance.
    Audience attendance numbers are irrelevant to the quality of the performance.

Also, I daresay that many of those there for Manu were there to stake a spot for AF & Bjork. I know I was. We won't let that thought get in the way of your notions though.

Banned

Yes, because it was so hard to weave in between the not-so dense crowd.

Imbecile.

E

Do you even like the Beastie Boys at all? Cuz all this bickering back and forth is irrelevant if it's already a foregone conclusion that you don't like the beastie boys and that the other people do.

I quite enjoyed the Beastie's set on the Wookie set and judging by the video footage I shot, a hell of a lot of people enjoyed it too. Their Sunday set was a little disappointing for me because I was hoping for more from Mix Master Mike and less repeats of the Saturday set, plus I was already pissed off that the wind and an incompetent wookie stage crew screwed over my chance to see Michael Franti. 2 hours to set up mics and guitar amps? WTF?

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    alcohol was too expensive. i passed.

electrelane - you are not an outdoor band, you were much better with Arcade Fire indoors in portland the next day. man you guys must like sonic youth...
    ghostland observatory - dance you fucking hipsters!
    mirah - your new album is finally a good one... but you suck ass live.
    long winters - thank you for boring people in the pit so that I could squeeze to the front rail
    manu chao - you fuckers know how to work a crowd. fun times.
    arcade fire - best show I've ever seen you play.
    bjork - you did not look happy for the first few songs, but by the time army of me rolled around, you were in full form.
    damn...manu..af and bjork right after each other? Epic..
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    I saw Manu Chao at Coachella, well, saw, as in being crushed to death, trying to breathe before RATM came on...its too bad the schedules conflicted I would have liked to see them again, but Bboys were fuckin awesome. And Im not american either and speak english and spanish and lived in Peru for 5 years and know exactly what Manu Chao is talking about...I didnt get your argument there.
    I saw Manu last night and it was amazing...guy knows how to put on a great show...though...he was shown up by Gogol...
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

Ive never heard any Gogol Bordello before, but I was gonna buy tix to his show here in Vancouver in September, but now im gonna be LA when he comes, so ill have to wait to see what the hype is all about...
    Upcoming Shows:

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    Ive never heard any Gogol Bordello before, but I was gonna buy tix to his show here in Vancouver in September, but now im gonna be LA when he comes, so ill have to wait to see what the hype is all about...
    Seriously man do not miss their show...

There were MORE people at Manu Chau than at Beastie Boys Wookie performance. How do I know? I went to both. And you're clearly a fanboy. Hardly an objective voice on the matter.

E
    The fact that the beasties tore it up... doesnt make me a fan boy. To be honest, I only own one or two of their albums. Yeah, I like 'em, but I hardly consider myself a fan. You're absolutely right, I was not at Manu Chau, therefore my voice is not objective... but I didnt say they were bad. I was told from a lot of people that they were great, and a lot of people told me they were "hilarious". You left the Beasties set after ONE song, so shut the fuck up.

Banned

Two [2] songs. Get your facts straight, ace.

I didn't know that one HAD to stay for an entire shit set just to be able to state that it was a shit set.

E

i hate the fucking beastie boys. didn't see them, but I do know that all the people up front at manu chao waiting for af and bjork were all really stoked on what they had just seen.

Two [2] songs. Get your facts straight, ace.

I didn't know that one HAD to stay for an entire shit set just to be able to state that it was a shit set.

E
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 in a prior post
    I'm sorry, but I couldn't say. I listened to two [2] (and exactly 2 songs] before moving on. Actually, it was one and a half, because I started making my way out of the crowd during the second song.

I didn't recognize the first two, but then again, I'm no blind Beastie Boy nuthugger like some who were at Sasquatch. .........
    So you stay for 1.5 songs, neither of which you recognize and yet it was 'shit'

Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    So you stay for 1.5 songs, neither of which you recognize and yet it was 'shit'

Ok.
    objectivity clearly requires complete immersion. especially in regards to bad instrumental pop music.

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    i hate the fucking beastie boys. didn't see them, but I do know that all the people up front at manu chao waiting for af and bjork were all really stoked on what they had just seen.
    I'm sure they were, and I would have been too, given the opportunity to see both sets. I'm not in a pissing match to say that Manu isnt good, and the beasties are.

Banned

Hard to recognize songs when the sounds being emitted from the stage are garage garbage. In fact, I've heard garage bands of seventeen year olds sound better than that shit.

E

For some reason I think of Carl as Edwin when I see this.