View Poll Results: Neapolitan Festival vs. City Scape Festival

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neapolitan Festival

43 51.19%
  • City Scape Festival

41 48.81%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 3 - NEAPOLITAN FESTIVAL VS. CITY SCAPE FESTIVAL

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 3 - NEAPOLITAN FESTIVAL VS. CITY SCAPE FESTIVAL

yeah, I know, I just need to mention it. jeez - we all make mistakes

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND 3 - NEAPOLITAN FESTIVAL VS. CITY SCAPE FESTIVAL

ouch, your right, my foot is now in my mouth.

I could swear it said it didnt matter what the date of the festival was on, as long as the it was separated day 1, day 2, and day 3.

However, I stand corrected. I apologize for finger pointing, as I too am a breaker of the rules.

If I should move on, please let it be known that I have broke the rules.

Again, Im sorry.
    ass on the grill

These are both excellent festivals. I would go to either. It's almost a coinflip. I voted for CityScape because I'd rather be in London than Naples.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

why have the racountours when you can have THE WHITE FUCKIN STRIPES!!?!?!?!

White Stripes could fall into a possible "headliner" slot and yeah Raconteurs is still a draw cause fo Jack white. They are working the line ups as best they can and putting on talent in any way possible.

Primus vs. Violent Femmes is a terrible conflict. Why? There has to be some way around that. Easy solution... switch Primus w/ Cibo Matto.
    Neopolitan festival then is pretty much perfect.
    Cityscape however, White Stripes vs Gorillaz? Ouch. Thank god Gorillaz are playing for 3 hours. Also, Broken Social Scene vs. Le Tigre? Common. I know its not THAT big of an overlap.
    Anyways, my vote goes to Cityscape. I cannot get over that Primus Violent Femmes conflict. Also, give Primus more than an hour for Christs sake!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

Banned

Pure MayhemQ!!!!!

E

Too close to call. Both are great line-ups. I am giving the nod to Neapolitan because it's in Naples and also because seeing Ween and Flaming Lips back to back would be sweet.

Both are great. Neapolitan has a couple of upsetting conflicts for me (Sonic Youth/Sigur Ros; Justice/Radiohead/Arcade Fire), but overall I think that's a result of a more packed schedule because there are more bands that I'm interested in. Neapolitan gets my vote.

As for the rule-breaking stuff, because I didn't create a poster for the competition, I never read the rules. Perhaps if some of the semi-finalists have serious rule-breaking problems, that should be stated clearly and neutrally in the first post of the next voting set by Erik, so that everyone knows all of the factors to consider when making their choice.

I agree with Courtney. Some of the rules are silly, others less so. Let the voters weigh their importance.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

I say we start over and don't break any rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    I say we start over and don't break any rules.
    I like this, but save it for next year, its a big learning experience this year. I already got some of a line up for next year in the works. I would just change a couple things on mine as it is if we started over right now from scratch.

I was joking.

Also I ended up breaking a rule, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

I didn't, but I'm reeling for a couple votes in my favor or I'm out.

I didn't break any rules and was slaughtered... Yeah...

I was hoping to make this bi-annually... Ah well...
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

I like the 3-hour slots for Gorillaz and Sigur Ros for Cityscape, but dang. Three hours is a long time. I guess that also gives you time to meander over to other headliners.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

The Neopolitan Festival has all i need interpol, deftones, pixies, radiohead, nin, and underworld.

stop saying "next year"...I havent decided when to have this again, but maybe like passive said, 'bi annually'..meaning maybe part 3 come this christmas...we'll see.

There will be lots of info and stuff about this after the finals.

Bi-annually with the second one being comprised of 2 people teams?
    Upcoming Shows:

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Bi-annually with the second one being comprised of 2 people teams?
    With random pairings of the people too after you have entered and the sign ups have closed.

Aw... No random pairings... I know who I wanna work with. ;___;
    Upcoming Shows:

I know you wanna work with me Passive, just say it. You can put NIN on the bill if you want and not Trent.

I do think random pairing would be great because ideas would be crazy and of course there are compromises. I would do somehting like, each person gets to pick a headliner and the 3rd one is a joint decision.
    Last edited by suprefan; 05-31-2007 at 09:44 PM.

Actually I was thinking of having-...

Hold up... I don't want to give away my plans for the next contest just yet...

However, in terms of random pairings, if me and ewiggy were paired up... There's only be one board member emerging alive from that unholy combination...
    Upcoming Shows:

And it would be her.

Which one is ewiggy's? I hope I didn't vote for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

If you count Bleep's vote, the counts are 38 for Neapolitan and 40 for Cityscape. Pretty close.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Wow, I thought City Scape was done. Nice comeback!
    ass on the grill

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Which one is ewiggy's? I hope I didn't vote for it.
    Alma.
    Upcoming Shows:

Hmmmm ... what happened to this match? City Scape got some/many last few minutes votes ... hmmmm ... so many voters voted for this match (not voting for the other matches?) at the last few minutes/hours ... I thought Neopolitan had a big lead ... Congrats City Scape!

Well, let's see now, that leaves 4 fests of which I am familiar with/like... Oh, I don't know... Maybe 33% of the bands listed?... Hell, even that's a stretch.

Truly Pretentiofest 07'... Christ... Then again, a festival with Radiohead actually lost (god forbid), so who knows, really...
    Upcoming Shows: