Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: You are only allowed to post in this thread if you love Stephen Malkmus

Default Re: You are only allowed to post in this thread if you love Stephen Malkmus

that's all
    99 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13!

Thanks for The Stone Roses and blur!!! Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Electrelane, Dum Dum Girls, SISU, HUM, American Analog Set, Unrest, Lush, Inspiral Carpets, th' faith healers and Chavez for 2014 please!

Default Re: You are only allowed to post in this thread if you love Stephen Malkmus

http://music.guardian.co.uk/rock/sto...260558,00.html

Steve Malkmus's Scrabble Tips

1. "Save your X and Zs so you get at least 70 or 80 points when you use them."
    2. "Don't waste your wildcards (blanks) because they're really precious."
    3. "I don't switch letters very often. I think it's probably smarter to do that more than I do. Don't be afraid to change your tiles."
    4. "Learn your two letter words."
    5. "Keep yourself up to date with the new words that are added to the Scrabble rulebook."
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

My hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Hi thread! How does it feel to finally have a new album come out today?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

this album is pretty good. i've never really heard stephen malkmus on his own, but i like it. definitely checking them out this year.
    "That's the most gangster punk rock shit out there."- Z-Trip showing his love for Paul Tollett

So in the new issue of EW they interview Stephen Malkmus. It's a good article but at the end they ask the band members what they think of a pavement reunion and this is what they said..

Scott Kannberg

"I could definitely see it happening in the not-too-distant future...the only hurdle might be getting everyone to drop what they're doing, but I'm sure the excitement of playing again will make it okay."

Mark Ibold

"There have been so many reunion shows I worry that a Pavement reunion would just be on in a string of others. So maybe five years. I've actually dreamt that there was a reunion show and I couldn't remember the songs."

Stephen Malkmus

"Something small in 10 years like the Zeppelin thing sounds good. Obviously, the arena would be smaller than theirs. My perverse way to do it would be a free show that 20 people were at. It could be great."

They didn't actually get any of those quotes themselves. Those are all from old interviews. Kannberg and Malkmus have both said they'd try to do a small show for the 25th or 20th or whatever it is anniversary of Matador records, so that might be the time. I'd fly out to wherever that show is.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

http://stereogum.com/archives/wheres...tc_008662.html

Kim Deal doesn't seem to like Malkmus. Good job they are not playing the same day.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.