yes. let's do it!
yes. let's do it!
Last minute plug:
My band is playing with Manatee and The Mantles tonight at 1-2-3-4 Go! Records in Oakland. We open the show at 7:30. $6, great bands and a great record store. Sounds like a pretty good Saturday night. PLUS the show ends by 10, so you can still go out drinking and whatever.
I didn't see this mentioned yet... looks intriguing.
Radiohead's Kid A UnderCover at the rickshaw stop, 2/23 and 2/24.
1) Everything in Its Right Place - Rob Ewing's Disappear Incompletely (New Electro-Jazz)
2) Kid A - Gamelan X (Gamelan/Bali)
3) The National Anthem - DRMS (Noir Pop)
4) How to Disappear Completely - Elizabeth Setzer (Flamenco/Balkan Fusion)
5) Treefingers - Gojogo (Classical Indian Fusion/Modern Jazz)
6) Optimistic - Bang Data (Latin Hip-Hop Fusion)
7) In Limbo - Battlehooch (Shapeshifting Orchestral Rock)
8) Idioteque - Kid Beyond / Classical Revolution / L.L. Aspect (Electronic/String Chamber)
9) Morning Bell - The Hurd Ensemble (Classical Meets Electronic)
10) Motion Picture Soundtrack - Bells Atlas (Afro Indie Soul)
That sounds splendid
word is that the saturday show only has 50 tickets left.
Will jump on it. Thanks for the heads up
Bat for Lashes at the Regency Ballroom on April 14. I might have to do this.
3/23 - Christopher Owens @ Palace of Fine Arts
interesting... I was wondering what big sur shows might pop up around coachella.
Damnit, I don't get paid until Thursday. Fuck.
5/1 - Stereo Total @ Rickshaw Stop
Ooh. Big Sur would be fun. I don't think I can go south for shows two weeks in a row though.
Bat for Lashes would be perfect for this kind of setting, too.
Yeah, Big Sur is too much of a hassle and expense to pull off anytime soon. I'm sure it will be glorious, too.
So how is Regency Ballroom?
It's easy for xanman to get to the front because people are mortified to ever be within a 5 foot radius of someone so hideous.
Does anyone have a spare ticket for the Trampled by Turtles show tomorrow?
Edit: Also, how early should I arrive at Amoeba on Saturday to get a good spot for YLT?
She's already played GAMH. It was pretty great. Shame her new album is absolute rubbish.
the regency ballroom is not great, but also not as bad as people suggest.