You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what's even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What's it gonna be?
Ever been arrested?
I guess I'd want some kind of mind reading ability. Somewhere between being able to read anyone's thoughts to just being able to tell if someone was lying to me or not. It seems like that would just make a lot of interactions way less stressful.
Since you're from St. Louis, what kind of ribs? St Louis style? Memphis? Carolina? Other?
My band in high school covered a NOFX song but I think it, too, was a cover.
What are some of Dave Wang's favorite non sahara acts of years past?
malcolm, i think it's wonderful that you always keep our spirits high when it comes to the sahara tent line-up (and all of us our bitching because Sphongle or DJ Tunnel Force is not on that poster...) I remember last year you posting something about "Sandstorm" and how it was going to be the most played track of the weekend.. still makes me lolz..
So why do you like dance music? What was your first edm purchase?
And looking back at all the EDM lineups in the history of Coachella, which one do you think trumps all and why?
lastly, who is the kid on your avatar?
I guess what I like about dance music is the instant gratification of seeing it have a really like, physical effect on people. I mean, I fully realize that most of the EDM I listen to is pretty dumbed down. I guess I just enjoy the energy that comes along with seeing LIVE EDM. I appreciate non-EDM live sets, too, and those performances can clearly move or affect people in significant ways, also. I just really dig the like, sense of community of people losing their shit once something really sick drops in the Sahara tent or whatever, even if it's a sense of community with a bunch of 13 year olds or people who are completely fucking wacked out at that moment and even if it's the same fucking beat you've heard a million times.
That being said, I don't listen to a lot of the more bangin' stuff at home. I'm definitely more into more downtempo stuff when I'm just hanging out or driving or whatever.
First purchase? It HAD to be some sort of like Ultimate Dance Party 1997 thing or something like that. I think the first stuff I started buying was cheesy ass dance music and trance compilations. I know I had something called like "Best of Trance" and it had Ayla Part II on there which I STILL think is a great track.
Let me get back to you on best EDM Coachella lineup of all time.
What was this man's finest hour?
This was Michelle Thomas. Her breasts played "Myra", Steve Urkel's girlfriend, on Family Matters. MJW was pounding her hard until she died of stomach cancer. BOOSH.
Ok guys, I'm going to bed. Keep the questions coming and I'll get on them and your bitch in the morning.
Your favorite day. Describe it. Please. :)
MJA, what are you top 5 prized posessions and who would you give them too if you died? Do you have a favorite professor from your college years? Any tattoo's?
If you could frame the jockstrap or sports bra of any sports figure and hang it in your den, whose would you choose?
Are you a sports fan? What is your favorite sport to watch and/or to play?
2) I'd have to be in some sort of beach/sunny climate. 76 degrees or so. Water nearby. I've lived in the Midwest all my life so getting anything like this is always a real delight for me.
3) I'd eat all of my meals outside. One of them would include grilling out. There would be hot dogs.
4) At some point, there would be drinking beer either (a) on or around a pool or (b) while on a boat. And with friends.
5) There would be a nap.
6) I'd spend an hour or two reading something that I didn't have to read.
7) I wouldn't talk on the phone at all.
8) I guess at night I'd probably want to go to some sort of dance-oriented music thing with friends, but hopefully the kind of thing where there were also a lot of people we didn't know there. Some kind of formal party or something, just not a night at the club. Does that make sense?
9) Some sort of sitting around, post-party chillout session with Geogaddi playing. And pizza.
10) Proceed to sleep for 8 hours. And I don't have school or work the next day.
I'm a simple man.