So they are showing respect to the cemetery. Interesting.
So they are showing respect to the cemetery. Interesting.
While I have been to Cinespia many times in the past, I haven't been to this season and this will be my first outdoor concert there. Couple questions to those with more experience:
Is it still fairly easy to time it right with the on-site parking so you beat most of the line? Or am I better off parking elsewhere and waiting/walking in?
I've read there was a standing area for the Weeknd. On the rest of the lawn is it much like it is for cinespia (just without the chairs)?
Is there a mad rush when the gates open for lawn space like it is for the movies?
Has anyone used the parking deck option before?
Work out okay??
Hope I get chosen.
EDIT* Recorded and sent.
After a listen to Valtari I also recorded and sent off my message. Sunday is becoming quite the experience.
Most of the people waiting in line are trying to grab the best spot for their blanket instead of the normal rail riding affair. Security always seem to yell at the runners so it shouldn't be too crazy. In front of the soundboard is standing area with no reserving spots and from the soundboard back is blanket/sitting town. They usually have some people policing this. But yes, pretty much the same as the movie nights. O look a chart!
Hope that helps.
Yes, that helps a lot. Thank you.
First time seeing them last night and I definitely wasn't disappointed. I prefered Jonsi's solo show, though. The set last night was damn solid and everything I hoped it would be, but Jonsi's Seattle show two years ago absolutely blew me away and it still the best show I've ever seen.
Interesting. Both Jonsi shows I saw were incredible, but this is kind of surprising to hear. Do you enjoy Jonsi's music more?
I'm pretty sure that not even Jonsi feels that way.
Grow Till tall is the only song Jonsi performs solo that can be considered on par with Sigur Ros live. Don't buy into it, Gribbz.
Last night's show was incredible. Sound at Paramount was solid and the crowd was quite respectful. Managed to shed a few tears.
I saw her play at Amoeba earlier in the year and thought it was a very satisfying performance.
I went into Jonsi's show with no expectations, and everything from the energy to the visuals edged that experience out slightly over Sigur Ros' show last night for me. Trust me, I have absolutely nothing but amazing things to say about it, but this show was 12 years in the making for me, so going in with the kind of expectations I built for them over that period of time made it hard for them to exceed them, rather than just meet them. Plus, Grow Til Tall is still my favorite concert moment of all time, so everything is measured against that. Untitled #8 definitely came close though.
Oh totally. I found out about Sigur Ros through a death metal message board :)
Emek 18x24 on shimmering lenticular icicle paper. Hope there is a cool poster for this sunday!
Damn. What a great poster.
Both the Seattle and Portland shows were incredible...one inside, one outside...pretty much the same setlist just in different order.
Last night's show was super early, and outside on grass. It totally felt like what it would be like to see them play the Outdoor at sunset at Coachella, definitely had a festival feel to it, and it was light out for the first half of it.
Just in case there wasnt enough info for the show tomorrow. So Julia Holter is not opening?
· This show is outdoors on an open lawn inside the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.
· The walk on and drive on entrance is at 6000 Santa Monica Blvd
· General Admission tickets line up on the West lawn at the main entrance.
· Fan Club Tickets, Guest List, and Will Call on the East lawn at the main entrance.
· Please be courteous and respect your surroundings.
· The first 100 feet from the stage out is reserved for standing room only.
· The rest of the lawn is open for picnicking.
o PLEASE KEEP PICNIC SETUPS MINIMAL
o NO CANDLES, NO TABLES, NO CHAIRS, NO PETS, NO HARD COOLERS
o DON’T USE ANY MORE ROOM THAN YOU NEED
· PLEASE - Do not leave any trash on The Fairbanks Lawn.
o Pack it out our leave it in the grey tilt truck bins around the field.
· Bring appropriate clothing – it will be a High of 86°F and Low of 69°F.
· NO INS AND OUTS.
· PLEASE - Be respectful of our neighbors when entering and exiting the venue.
· NO ONE MAY LINE UP BEFORE 6PM!
o This will be enforced – if you are uncooperative you will be denied access to the venue.
o Please, don’t worry – there is plenty of room for everyone.
· The show is RAIN or SHINE.
· General Admission Gates open at 7pm.
· Sigur Rós takes the stage at approximately 8:30pm – no guarantees on timing!
· The concert is ALL AGES.
· WARNING – Strobes and Flashing lights will be used for this performance.
· The Audience is allowed normal point and shoot cameras but are NOT allowed any DSLR Cameras, video cameras or any recording devices of any nature or format.
WHAT YOU MAY & MAY NOT BRING
· You are welcome to bring: blankets, pillows, food and drinks. This includes beer and wine.
· NO distilled spirits – if you attempt to bring in hard liquor you will be denied access to the venue.
· You may NOT bring: tents, hard coolers, musical instruments, lasers, chairs of any kind, dogs/pets.
· DO NOT BRING ANY FLYERS or PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS – you will be removed from the premises.
She's opening, I emailed Hollywood forever and they confirmed exactly what u said.
they were everything i remembered & more tonight at OSL...at one point their video board had an orange outline, and you could easily picture them playing an Outdoor Theatre sunset slot. Really looking forward to that next year.
Closing the Outdoor or back on the main immediately before the headliner?