Yeah Bleached added!
talk about 1st world problems holy cow
This is definitely my most interesting 3-nights-in-a-row-of-shows run:
- Atoms for Peace October 16
- Little Dragon October 17
- Lionel Richie October 18
glad the church discussion came up today cause i think im going to have to go to this:
Church Sessions with Olafur Arnalds, Hauschka, Nils Frahm
no one in particular, it just looks like an interesting show
Nils Frahm is a phenomenal pianist. I saw him at the Hotel Cafe last yera and it was excellent; check out his album Felt, very nice, moody stuff. Hauschka also does some neat stuff. I'm not super familiar with Olafur, though I've liked what I've heard.
Little Dragon ticket purchased. I think. No confirmation email or ticket. First time successfully purchasing from the axs of evil. Is this normal? Also, love how the mobile site doesn't let you see your full confirmation number.
When I bought Disclosure tickets, i got an email but no tickets, even though they are e-tickets. I called. e-tickets will be sent out October 3rd..
Ital is playing an instore at Mount Analog on Sunday Sept 1st.
So... apparently !!! (ChkChkChk) is playing Giuliani again, which was a nice surprise tonight. Good times, as always.
Black Sabbath was fucking awesome tonight. Lawn tickets were only $25 before fees/$40 after, couple that with free parking and this was a much more budget-friendly way to see them than next week's Sports Arena show will be. Great setlist, crazy ass crowd starting fires on the lawn. So glad I got to see them.
Pretty sure Zomby at Echoplex next week is cancelled. The event is no longer on Ticketfly, and when a friend called Origami Vinyl yesterday to see if they were still selling tickets they told him they weren't cause they weren't even sure if the show was still happening. Bummer.
Pretty sure I've never seen people setting off fireworks there either.
Someone better win!
Submit your info below and enter to win a pair of tickets to KROQ’s private show with Nine Inch Nails at The Troubadour on September 3rd!
*You can also listen for your chance to win instant access every hour 9am to 9pm all this week. Be caller 9 at 800-520-1067 and the tickets are yours!
Contest ends Friday, August 30th at 4pm. Winners will be notified via phone by the KROQ Promotions Department.
So, I went to my first taping at ACL last night. Pretty good experience overall.
1. It's free.
2. Really awesome, intimate venue.
3. Great sound.
4. If you pull out your cell phone for ANY reason security will grab you and demand that you put it away.
1. Generally the sets are shorter than what you would get at a typical show.
2. It's extremely obvious that a lot of old yuppie types go "just to go." I had some old bro ask me during the middle of the set if I was familiar with the band. It was sad because a ton of people (real fans) were waiting outside the venue in case there were no shows.
3. Lot of chatter around me. These 40 something year old women were just laughing and clucking away during the Black Angels' set. Luckily, I wasn't the only one that was annoyed and some people sitting near by told them to put a fucking sock in it.
Overall, the good definitely outweighed the bad. Kind of hard to complain when the tapings are free.
EDIT* They also have venue/show specific prints for every taping which is awesome.
interested folks could watch the video about SFV Acid here: http://vimeo.com/57219539