PDA

View Full Version : underage drinking?

crooked
01-25-2007, 05:04 PM
how strict are they about underage drinking? im 18 so if im walking around with a beer will security randomly walk up to me to see ID? do they check ID when you are purchasing alcohol? can i get away with a real ID of someone who sort of looks like me?

psychic friend
01-25-2007, 05:09 PM
the man is watching

AEversW
01-25-2007, 05:12 PM
oh man that soo cool...underage drinking is soo cool omg! so cool. pft.

bballarl
01-25-2007, 05:15 PM
You need a wristband and shit to get into the beer garden. And you can only drink in there I think. So you can purchase a fake ID.

crooked
01-25-2007, 05:19 PM
what about in the campgrounds? are you only allowed to drink in a specific area?

abcd1234
01-25-2007, 05:21 PM
i guess not everyone can be a cool "legal drinker" like you AEversW...not all of us have been lucky enough to hit the big 2-1 yet...im sure you waited until you were legal to drink right? pft.

AEversW
01-25-2007, 05:23 PM
i guess not everyone can be a cool "legal drinker" like you AEversW...not all of us have been lucky enough to hit the big 2-1 yet...im sure you waited until you were legal to drink right? pft.

im 19...i don't drink. Im proud of that fact. Im the only person my age i know that doesn't drink. Im proud of that.

GrayRobot
01-25-2007, 05:26 PM
how odd, i drank a lot when i was underage, but now, its not as fun as it was before because there is no risk. heh.

abcd1234
01-25-2007, 05:26 PM
i respect that you dont drink and thats cool that you're proud of it...i dont make fun of you for not drinking so why make fun of ppl that do enjoy it? ppl are just looking for answers to their questions, no need to make fun.

Rezzo
01-25-2007, 05:39 PM
oh you kids :laughyou

fober
01-25-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm getting a bit tired of copy/paste-ing this

A GOOD PLACE TO ASK THE QUESTION IS ON THE FESTIVALS OFFICIAL MESSAGE BOARD

nmaff
01-25-2007, 06:26 PM
if you're female you can ... "safely" underage drink in my tent.

abcd1234
01-25-2007, 06:39 PM
kinda creepy

redhotrage
01-25-2007, 08:45 PM
im 19...i don't drink. Im proud of that fact. Im the only person my age i know that doesn't drink. Im proud of that.

who gives a fuck you ignorant goodie2shoes, the kid wasnt braggin about that fact that he drinks, and he damn sure wasnt saying that you are only cool if you drink, so good for you, you can have fun without drinking, but that doesnt change the fact that you're an ignorant fucking asshole

Rezzo
01-25-2007, 08:48 PM
who gives a fuck you ignorant goodie2shoes, the kid wasnt braggin about that fact that he drinks, and he damn sure wasnt saying that you are only cool if you drink, so good for you, you can have fun without drinking, but that doesnt change the fact that you're an ignorant fucking asshole

:rotfl

:laughyou

Good Days Last
01-25-2007, 09:02 PM

hey I don't drink either! can i get a lashing like that too!?

JustSteve
01-25-2007, 09:05 PM
let me have a couple drinks first, it helps with my agressivness!

Mystagogue
01-25-2007, 09:06 PM

Wow, someone has some deep-seated anger issues. Relax.

AEversW
01-25-2007, 09:24 PM
i respect that you dont drink and thats cool that you're proud of it...i dont make fun of you for not drinking so why make fun of ppl that do enjoy it? ppl are just looking for answers to their questions, no need to make fun.

i understand....i just dont see the point of drinking. There isn't any point. Plus the fact that two of my uncles died from alcohol related illness and both my parents are raging alcoholics. I think its rather hrmmm pathetic for lack of a better term that someone my age can't go a weekend without a drink.

daniel
01-25-2007, 10:25 PM
props to you GrayRobot... i too waited till i was 21 to start drinking.

JustSteve
01-26-2007, 03:57 PM
i understand....i just dont see the point of drinking. There isn't any point. Plus the fact that two of my uncles died from alcohol related illness and both my parents are raging alcoholics. I think its rather hrmmm pathetic for lack of a better term that someone my age can't go a weekend without a drink.

so becuase your family can't be responsible with alcohol you feel it is alright to judge everyone else who can be. not everyone who drinks is like your parents or uncle's.

activenike
01-26-2007, 04:54 PM
so becuase your family can't be responsible with alcohol you feel it is alright to judge everyone else who can be. not everyone who drinks is like your parents or uncle's.

exactly. to each his own. if this kid wants to drink, don't just talk shit because it's not how you prefer to spend your time. to the drinking kid, have a good time. to the sober kid, have a good time.

microcuts
01-26-2007, 05:16 PM

I at least waited until I was 21 to drink in public. Jesus Christ. Stay home and get wasted if it's that big a deal to you.

crooked
01-26-2007, 06:27 PM
fucking hell, when did i ever say that i wont have a good time without alcohol? i was just asking about the alcohol situatin out of curiosity. if i can get away with it, a couple of beers when im chilling after the concerts wont hurt. if i cant get away with it, i'll have a good time anyway. jesus. just a question.

Swiss Misstery
01-26-2007, 06:29 PM
PLAIN AND SIMPLE:
The only place you can drink is in the beer gardens and you have to have a wristband to get in. you get the wristband from a man at a booth that says i.d. check and if your gonna get them get them as soon as you get there cuz as the day goes on the line gets pretty long.

prison sex
01-26-2007, 06:32 PM
I remember a couple years ago at coachella me and my friends just got drunk in the parking lot. There were actual police officers all over the place and they didn't care.

It would probably be pretty hard and not really worth it getting beer once you are inside as they do the wristbands. It was literally easier to get stoned than get drunk once inside. Although I don't condone either, wait until you're 21 kid. ;)

hammered
02-05-2007, 10:21 PM
i have an old id i am gonna auction off to the highest bidder

rhodez
02-05-2007, 10:35 PM
fuck you weasel lip !!!!

shwagnut420
02-05-2007, 10:51 PM
aint it the truth lol

shwagnut420
02-05-2007, 10:52 PM
how odd, i drank a lot when i was underage, but now, its not as fun as it was before because there is no risk. heh.

man aint that the truth lol

Quentin
02-05-2007, 11:00 PM

Haha, I'm underaged and I still don't drink often. Only once in a while, probably a few times during Coachella, but never to the point where I get way fucked up.

I dont' really think kids see alcohol these days as "OMG! It's illegal, and if we do it, we're COOL". I suppose it's more of a "I know I can drink responsibly and it is fun."

Hm, I just rethought that and a lot of kids my age dont' drink responsibly, but in my opinoin, if you're old enough to vote and make certain decisions that will contribute to your nation's political track then you should be able to drink.

cityzun
02-06-2007, 02:15 AM
Drinking to the point of passing out just isnt smart period. Damage irrevocably done to the brain. That being said, I do enjoy wine or (good) beer with my meals. And I do party too. And no I'm not 21. To each his own.

vinylmartyr
02-06-2007, 02:21 AM
Don't do drugs.

waxybk
02-06-2007, 06:20 AM
I think everyone has had a little too much to drink...

cityzun
02-06-2007, 12:24 PM
I think everyone has had a little too much to drink...

You calling me an angry drunk!?

*Smack!*

Sally Cinnamon
02-06-2007, 12:35 PM
i must say, ouor drinkin age is 18 and we still drink when we're underage. its a rule, kids are gonna break it, let them...i did it and i still got my brain, career and life at 25.
each to their own but i do wonder if 21 is a little too old to be given the responsibility, think of france where they enjoy wine with their meals at 13 & 14 and they dont have half the problem we do with unsocial alcohol related behaviour

cityzun
02-06-2007, 12:44 PM
i must say, ouor drinkin age is 18 and we still drink when we're underage. its a rule, kids are gonna break it, let them...i did it and i still got my brain, career and life at 25.
each to their own but i do wonder if 21 is a little too old to be given the responsibility, think of france where they enjoy wine with their meals at 13 & 14 and they dont have half the problem we do with unsocial alcohol related behaviour

That's of course going to lead into the whole debate of our cultures attitude towards booze vs. most European countries, especially those where wine is the drink of choice. Maybe since our wine consumption is overtaking that of beer, it will cause a general shift in attitude, since people don't want to get hammered on expensive alcohol all the time. Etc etc etc

Meadowsmeister
02-06-2007, 12:50 PM
i drank a whole bottle of 2 litre ketel one...

I havnt drank since

DRUGS ARE THE WAY FORWARD!

Sally Cinnamon
02-06-2007, 12:53 PM
That's of course going to lead into the whole debate of our cultures attitude towards booze vs. most European countries, especially those where wine is the drink of choice. Maybe since our wine consumption is overtaking that of beer, it will cause a general shift in attitude, since people don't want to get hammered on expensive alcohol all the time. Etc etc etc

true true
dont wanna debate about it
the rules will always be broken

Sally Cinnamon
02-06-2007, 12:54 PM

I havnt drank since

2 litres? is that all? sure thats a regular friday night

Disco!
02-06-2007, 01:08 PM

I havnt drank since

I call bullshit. No one who lives in Liverpool can refrain from drinking.

Sally Cinnamon
02-06-2007, 01:11 PM
lol

Quentin
02-06-2007, 01:16 PM

I havnt drank since

That amount would put me out >.<

bingo_caller
02-06-2007, 01:19 PM
so can you lot stop bitching for a second. an anwser the question?

Sally Cinnamon
02-06-2007, 01:22 PM
which question?

bingo_caller
02-06-2007, 01:26 PM
if you aint 21 whats the best way to drink at coachella.

IM 20 so im shit out of luck. There aint no way im staying sober tho.

Just clue me up!

rhodez
02-06-2007, 03:45 PM
if i cant get any alc im just breathe really hard and get a 2 hour head rush!!!! omgz!!

randy ricochet
02-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Tell them you're 21!
You see as we are aloud to drink from ...well pretty much 15 if you look old enough you have lots of time in pubs to work out situations like this!!!!

I-predict-a-riot
02-06-2007, 04:02 PM
booze it up in the parking lot...enough to have a buzz most of the day but sober up by dusk. When night falls.... find some drugs and GEEEEEEK OUT!!!!!!

Quentin
02-06-2007, 06:07 PM
make friends with people who have booze!

woogie846
02-06-2007, 08:01 PM

Damn boi, you do have red hot rage, redhotrage.

nic_ball
02-07-2007, 06:30 AM
If i was you i'd get the law changed!!! lol
pity bout the 21 for beer crack, thats a bit wonky like you can drive but not have a beer??
obviously at the same time would be a little bit silly and highly illegal!

scoop49er
02-07-2007, 06:52 AM
my own advice since im 36 and now an elder concert goer is this: dont get loaded at the show. almost every time it ruins the actual event for you and since we are all paying good money for this, it sux the next day feeling like shit cuz u drank too much. for me, i eat a good breakfast, slam a beer in the parking lot before i go in, then go in and have another brew, then stroll around the concert just enjoying the scene with a little buzz. by then i would have burned off my buzz then go eat and drink a little more... cant do the green stuff anymore. that mix for me totally fucks my head up so bottom line, do what u want but enjoy yourslef and dont be a stumbling fool! :)

TheGunslinger138
02-07-2007, 06:56 AM
if you aint 21 whats the best way to drink at coachella.

IM 20 so im shit out of luck. There aint no way im staying sober tho.

Just clue me up!

Get a pint of some liquor via straw purchase before the concert and duck tape it to the inside of your thigh, right near the crotchall region. The security guards aren't going to frisk your package. Go to one of the porta-potties first thing, rip that sucker loose, put it in your pocket, go to a concession stand, buy a soda, slip into a crowd, mix up a drink, repeat. It's a no brainer.

bingo_caller
02-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Can you even take alcohol into the campsite???

amyzzz
02-07-2007, 08:28 AM
Alcohol is not allowed in the campground, but lots of people sneak it in.

invisiblerobots
02-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Can you even take alcohol into the campsite???

Have you read this?
http://coachella.com/visitors/onsite-camping

bingo_caller
02-07-2007, 11:09 AM
i dont want an faq from mods/admin

I want to hear from festival goers as id expect the slightest bit of rebellion/back bone, care free attitude. I dunno obviously the calibre of people attending this festval will be fuckin dire. Thank god some brits are comming, we have a clue how to have a good time. AND YES it does revolve around alcohol. That is all..

invisiblerobots
02-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Those are the rules set up by the festival organizers. They do enforce them. You will be searched when you go in. Deal with it.

DSN1138
02-07-2007, 01:08 PM
its really easy to get the wristbands .. like on the floor.. there are thousands of people they fall off.. look around the tent where they hand them out at ...trust me ive done it every year. or buy a wristband from someone who drinks.. easy

richhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
02-08-2007, 03:16 AM
if we've got massive backpacks on, like the big camping ones, are they really going to search the whole bag as we go in or will it be safe to roll up a sleeping bag round sum of the ole brew of the special variety?

vinylmartyr
02-08-2007, 03:21 AM
depends

invisiblerobots
02-08-2007, 03:28 AM
Depends on how shady you look. They are pretty thorough, nonetheless.

vinylmartyr
02-08-2007, 03:31 AM
yup

Sally Cinnamon
02-08-2007, 04:21 AM
ca'ptn morgan in coke bottles
vodka in water
it cant be THAT difficult to get booze in

vinylmartyr
02-08-2007, 04:23 AM
Sally Cinnamon is the big brain on smuggling.

fatboy192
02-08-2007, 08:52 AM
its really easy to get the wristbands .. like on the floor.. there are thousands of people they fall off.. look around the tent where they hand them out at ...trust me ive done it every year. or buy a wristband from someone who drinks.. easy

i like your thinkin, thats what i like someone who comes up with a solution to the problem., exelent!!!!

fatboy192
02-08-2007, 08:56 AM
ca'ptn morgan in coke bottles
vodka in water
it cant be THAT difficult to get booze in

just have to figure out how to open them without breaking the seal, a bit of experimentation needed i think.

Rezzo
02-08-2007, 09:03 AM
i hope you all get caught :rotfl

richhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
02-08-2007, 10:46 AM
just dont fill it all the way up and carry it, dont hide it, itll look like you're just inocently drinking water on a hot day they wont think anything of it!

Mr.Nipples
02-08-2007, 10:48 AM
i usually would be the last one to say this, but dont you guys think you should shut the fuck up...please?

invisiblerobots
02-08-2007, 10:51 AM
just dont fill it all the way up and carry it, dont hide it, itll look like you're just inocently drinking water on a hot day they wont think anything of it!

They'll make you finish it or throw it away before you go in.