PDA

View Full Version : We Are Scientists cancel??

bigtex
01-25-2007, 04:03 PM
They are not on the line up poster anymore

suprefan
01-25-2007, 04:16 PM
You are right, not good.. Im checking the WAS site now..

damianmartinez
01-25-2007, 04:53 PM
not good at all!!!!
but its ok i think friday still has a lot of surprises coming..
is the day with the least bands like 31 or 32 while the other two days are close to 40

Ariana
01-25-2007, 05:02 PM
that's disappointing.

daniel
01-25-2007, 05:09 PM
bummer

Alchemy
01-25-2007, 05:14 PM
And so the elimination begins... In the end, there can be only one, Highlander!

nmaff
01-25-2007, 05:30 PM
that is so effing lame.

i saw them open for arctic monkeys last may, they were so good live. and so funny, ridiculous antics between songs.

they were one of the bands i was really really excited to see.

oh well on the bright side, at least theres one less likely conflict friday.

suprefan
01-25-2007, 05:33 PM

I e mailed them on their myspace, we will see if I get an answer... it should be funny...

Tiny Shrine
01-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Damn... hopefully they're still on. I saw them open up for Art Brut recently at the Glass House in Pomona, CA, and they were wonderful (as opposed to Art Brut, who were horrendous, sloppy crap... and not in that charming way).

Barbara, the ninja
01-25-2007, 06:17 PM
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was hoping to see them on Friday!!!!! They were like one of the 4 that I wanted to see! This is horrible :'(!

eudaemonia
01-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Meh. I was afraid this would happen (http://wearescientists.wordpress.com/2007/01/22/coachella/). I'm going to keep hope alive and pray that they're just doing a reschedule to either of the other two days instead and are figuring out how to shuffle the line-up which... is why... they're... completely off... it. :( Yeah, that's it.

boyalien0
01-25-2007, 06:28 PM
so now there are only 32 bands performing on Friday compared to the 40 on Saturday and 38 on Sunday. Friday is officially in dire need of some adds.

ayates
01-25-2007, 06:39 PM
BRMC! ISIS! Mastodon!

Ok, I have officially said those three bands 20 times at least.

woogie846
01-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Do you think they'll even out Friday or just leave it as it is?

eudaemonia
01-25-2007, 06:46 PM
I would think Friday's pretty heavy as it is, considering it's a weekday.

C DUB YA
01-25-2007, 06:58 PM
this is unfortunate - GV better add some names to counteract, I think they will.

suprefan
01-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Friday has lots of space to add some support and maybe 1 big name....

Barbara, the ninja
01-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Man, maybe they can just squeeze in the remaining bands into the weekend :( I don't wanna ditch school :'(

Alchemy
01-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Man, maybe they can just squeeze in the remaining bands into the weekend

How about no?

And I am pretty sure Friday will be a normal day. The line-up came really early to us. So I would not doubt that it is missing a few bands. We will just have to wait and see how it fills up.

summerkid
01-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Good news. This was the only band that I know of (besides Amy Winehouse) that I didn't like on Friday.

scoop49er
01-25-2007, 07:57 PM
i jsut downloaded a song from them for my coachella compilation. oh well time to move on.. :)

Ariana
01-25-2007, 08:23 PM
maybe there's a whole bunch of amazing surprise bands on friday...

McFearless
01-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Uh, the link posted above said they weren't 100% confirmed. Maybe they will confirm later on.

offyerhead
01-25-2007, 08:39 PM
My guess is that Friday stays about the same as it is now with very few adds. It's the first time they've done a Friday and they know people will strugge to get there. I think the shows will start around 4 or 5pm. They don't want bands to playing to empty tents at noon.

When Sasquatch went to three days last year they had a pretty light Friday night schedule (if you can call NIN, Bauhaus and Wolfmother light).

paulb
01-26-2007, 03:01 AM
My guess is that Friday stays about the same as it is now with very few adds. It's the first time they've done a Friday and they know people will strugge to get there. I think the shows will start around 4 or 5pm. They don't want bands to playing to empty tents at noon.

When Sasquatch went to three days last year they had a pretty light Friday night schedule (if you can call NIN, Bauhaus and Wolfmother light).

Man, Sasquatch was fuckin awesome that day... NIN were my fav of the whole weekend, although Matisyahu put on one incredible show...

Boourns
01-26-2007, 03:16 AM

That's not fair to the 10,000 campers. We have absolutely nowhere to go, and there's nothing to do at the campsite come 11am. Tents are too hot for napping, there's no shade anywhere. The gates open at 11am on Friday, so somebody has to be playing. Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza are three full days.

eudaemonia
01-26-2007, 07:09 AM
^ I agree. It's unlikely that it'll be "light" in that they'll start the sets late, but rather "light" in that the crowds won't be as big as Saturday and Sunday because not as many people will be buying a day-pass for Friday as they would for the other two weekend days. (School and work may run as a factor for most, unless they really want to see a performer. Even just to see the headliner Bjork, they'd probably wait until after to come over -- in the evening.)

ThomThom
01-26-2007, 08:59 AM
What is all this crap about Friday needing another headliner? Bjork, Interpol, JAMC, Arctic Monkeys, Jarvis, Sonic Youth, and DJ Shadow????? If anything they should add a few more filler bands throughout the day to be lined up properly with Saturday and Sunday but the last thing Friday needs is another major act...try Saturday instead.

eudaemonia
01-26-2007, 09:25 AM
^ Yeah, um... I was kinda thinking Saturday was the weaker of the 3 days actually, esp with that headliner.

Saw RHCP back in November, in a small venue, good show. But their heart just wasn't into it. Maybe it's cuz Microsoft sponsored the event, but still.

Meadowsmeister
01-26-2007, 09:55 AM

Hahaha freakin hilarious !

eudaemonia
01-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Uh, the link posted above said they weren't 100% confirmed. Maybe they will confirm later on.

Yeah, they confirmed now. They confirmed they won't be there (http://wearescientists.wordpress.com/2007/01/26/final-word-about-coachella-23-of-was-with-the-kaiser-chiefs/).

Andreaxyz
01-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Yeah, they confirmed now. They confirmed they won't be there (http://wearescientists.wordpress.com/2007/01/26/final-word-about-coachella-23-of-was-with-the-kaiser-chiefs/).

But they underestimate both our laziness and our cowardice.

lol, damn i like them

Swiss Misstery
01-26-2007, 04:44 PM
I was looking forward to seeing them again. My friends and I got to meet Keith Murray (he went to high school with one of my friends...what up Cooper City) and he was the nicest guy. For Shame!! For Shame!!

suprefan
01-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Statement from the link above, which is pretty funny but hey next year is always good.

We’re officially not doing Coachella this year. As I said, the promoters jumped the gun in including us on their materials earlier this week — assuming, maybe, that a band of our relatively meager cache wouldn’t consider turning down an offer to play the finest U.S. music festival. But they underestimate both our laziness and our cowardice. Since — unless something goes terribly awry — we’ll be right in the middle of recording our next record (tentatively titled “Berries! Is!! Good, Yummm!!! Hey?”) when Coachella rolls ’round, we’re concerned that we’ll be totally out of shape, unable to put on a great live show, and that getting into shape would majorly interrupt the recording effort. Basically, we’re not getting on stage in Indio without super-ripped abs deflecting the desert light in all sorts of directions, like a prism, and right now our bellies look like sun-bleached dead catfish, and by April they’ll look even more like that, eerily so.

But we make this vow: Next year! Coachella! Abs agleam!

eudaemonia
01-26-2007, 05:35 PM
I hope they'll be considered for next year.

suprefan
01-26-2007, 05:42 PM
If they have a new album coming out, they will and I doubt GV passes it up with the little slip up this year.

blake
01-26-2007, 05:56 PM
I saw them in New Orleans last year. You're not missing anything.

nmaff
01-26-2007, 06:54 PM
they were awesome in concert.
the show before i saw them they had all of their equipment stolen

one of the guys bought all the same equipment that he had before, and the other guy bought different new equipment, and they had a big argument on-stage, "you're why traditions die!" etc. very funny.

"time to teach grand-pappy a lesson in electro-harmonic distortion."

brightscreamer
01-27-2007, 06:57 AM
This is GREAT news!

Courtney
01-27-2007, 08:02 AM

I disagree. Friday will start at the same time as Saturday and Sunday.

See the Ticketmaster sale page (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09003E368A013D3C?artistid=806308&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60).

delibot3029
01-28-2007, 02:03 AM
How will I fulfill my Friday quota of PETA World Sexiest Vegetarian nominees now that Keith Murray is out?

I'd take the We Are Scientists over the Comedians of Comedy, I want someone not from the field to do comedy.

Barbara, the ninja
01-28-2007, 09:00 AM
They are greaaaat. I mean, look at Chris's response to not playing in Coachella! He's so clever and intelligent! Very cute. I really hope they will play next year; they were practically one of the 2 reasons I'm going on Friday. :(

NeverMyopic
01-29-2007, 03:54 PM
What is all this crap about Friday needing another headliner? Bjork, Interpol, JAMC, Arctic Monkeys, Jarvis, Sonic Youth, and DJ Shadow????? If anything they should add a few more filler bands throughout the day to be lined up properly with Saturday and Sunday but the last thing Friday needs is another major act...try Saturday instead.
I completely agree with you...Saturday is the weakest (at least in the headliner area).

grungysabbathemohater
01-29-2007, 08:03 PM
BRMC! ISIS! Mastodon!

Ok, I have officially said those three bands 20 times at least.
I am totally with you on Isis or Mastodon! Although I think Isis would be more appropriate for Coachella because of their psychedelic stoner vibe. But I would rather have some much needed heavier rock/metal like Mastodon. There is not a Wolfmother type band on this year's lineup.
Kyuss would make me happy also.

tvisf
01-30-2007, 01:40 AM
Oh well

Benis23
02-01-2007, 02:54 AM

lol

morphous12
02-01-2007, 09:57 PM
i like we are scientists

sad to discover they will not be there after all

Matty22Fatty
02-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Anyone know when they usually start making additions to the lineup? I can't remember from last year...