PDA

View Full Version : Burning Man

Dave_2006
05-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Anyone going to Burning man this year? ive never been, dont really get the premise but sounds interesting

kaeso
05-09-2007, 02:20 PM
i actually desire to go to burning man, perhaps not enough to make the necessary expenditures though

SFChrissy
05-09-2007, 02:23 PM
I have no desire but the music concent and art are intruiging enough...

meyouseek
05-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Burning Man is loads of fun. '07 will be my 9th year in a row.

The premise is unlike any other festival in the world (other than smaller burns that emulate the original). The attendees are the ones that create it.

The organizers set up the man, porta potties, a coffee shop and chill/performance space and other pieces of infrastructure. Everything else is up to the participants... and there are some amazingly creative people out there. And in my opinion it's the best party on the planet.

3 of us built this monstrosity in 2004
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/221/508015011_151ae5d062.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/220/508015015_082fce2b29.jpg

meyouseek
05-21-2007, 09:57 AM
and then the wind had its way with it for a few days until it looked like this
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/193/508055053_b75ca7c131.jpg

There goes the ceiling
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/205/508055073_1b15cfff8c.jpg

algunz
05-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Also, it's pretty much completely on a barter system. Which is such a refreshing concept. But be sure to bring a lot of something to trade with - water, food, drugs, sunblock. Anything that you think people will need.

jackstraw94086
05-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Also, it's pretty much completely on a barter system. Which is such a refreshing concept. But be sure to bring a lot of something to trade with - water, food, drugs, sunblock. Anything that you think people will need.

don't plan on bartering as a survival plan. Bring absolutely everything you think you'll need. Bring extra if you want to give people gifts.

And supply all the drugs you plan on doing yourself. DO NOT talk to random people about drugs. There's a good chance they are undercover cops, some of which will be even more elaborately dressed or strung out looking than the legit festival patrons.

algunz
05-21-2007, 12:25 PM
Well, that sux. Fucking Narcs!!

imrad
05-21-2007, 12:27 PM
ohh i'd love to go to burning man. probably never will, though. :\

shoegazer76
05-21-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm seriously considering it this year. I too have never been but I've pretty much heard whats already been posted so far. I've definatlely heard that the undercovers are fierce there & the cops are bad on the interstates leading into. Kinda sketchy but the atmosphere is worth the risk from what I'm told.

jackstraw94086
05-21-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm seriously considering it this year. I too have never been but I've pretty much heard whats already been posted so far. I've definatlely heard that the undercovers are fierce there & the cops are bad on the interstates leading into. Kinda sketchy but the atmosphere is worth the risk from what I'm told.

All the talk of cops and whatnot is necessary only so that everyone is overly cautious. The truth is that if you don't behave like a complete idiot you'll be fine and you wont think twice about it. Just keep your drugs out of plain sight. You can't get busted simply for acting high. The spookiest thing I've ever seen is when I wandered off away from some party into the desert to take a piss and almost pissed right in front of two BLM rangers parked with their lights off. I'm not sure they would have busted me or not. Probably not. The cops are mainly out there to make sure any vehicle that leaves the main streets is properly certified, and to keep everyone safe. There is actually very very little visible authority presence and when you do see them they're generally good natured. They don't want to be dicks. Drawing burning man duty is considered a special treat for many of them and apparently the positions are highly coveted.

And be respectful of the locals when driving on the highways to and from. Do NOT speed. Don't dump your shit anywhere. Just follow the tips that are on their website.

marooko
05-21-2007, 02:10 PM
oh man. this is just crazy. food water and drugs eh? sounds like im staying home. i try not to judge but this just sounds scary. no offense, just putting my perspective out there. yeah i burn it, but i dont glorify it. but hey, to each his or her own. just dont ask me for any change.

jackstraw94086
05-21-2007, 02:21 PM
what on earth are you blathering about?

rage patton
05-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Some people have told me bands play every year. And I mean notable bands, not locals acts or anything like that. Like, Ive heard people say acts such as Phish and QOTSA have played at Burning Man.
Other people have told me only no name bands and random acts play music the whole weekend. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Which is true. If the first is true, who has played before? And, if it applies, who is playing this year?

wisconsinboozer
05-22-2007, 04:45 AM
and then the wind had its way with it for a few days until it looked like this
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/193/508055053_b75ca7c131.jpg

There goes the ceiling
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/205/508055073_1b15cfff8c.jpg

So it's a festival that looks like hell with random trash people created everywhere? I think ill stick to Coachella

marooko
05-22-2007, 06:40 AM
So it's a festival that looks like hell with random trash people created everywhere? I think ill stick to Coachella

that's awesome.

jackstraw94086
05-22-2007, 07:19 AM
Some people have told me bands play every year. And I mean notable bands, not locals acts or anything like that. Like, Ive heard people say acts such as Phish and QOTSA have played at Burning Man.
Other people have told me only no name bands and random acts play music the whole weekend. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Which is true. If the first is true, who has played before? And, if it applies, who is playing this year?

burning man is not a music festival. Phish and QOTSA have never played, nor has any band on that level.

There are no stages out there capable of hosting productions that big. Live music is very difficult to pull off out there because the environment is very harsh on expensive instruments. Even DJ gear gets royally fucked up there. There are some small bands that go out there, usually local or small west coast acts. We built a mobile stage to host live music last year and it's way too much trouble. The burning man organization does not help fund any music out there as a policy. That's not what it's supposed to be about. If they did it would give people the wrong idea.

Don't bother going if want to see live music.

full on idle
05-22-2007, 08:15 AM
I heard at burning man that naked people in clown makeup chase you around in packs and then pin you down and pee on you.

algunz
05-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Oooh, I'm definitely going now!!! Finally, a dream fulfilled.

Yablonowitz
05-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Are you any relation to amyzzz?

SFChrissy
05-22-2007, 09:02 AM
My curiosity would love to experiance it and for the most part it's because of the art like what we see at coachella but I don't think I could handle the elements...I love the luxury of a bathroom & Shower...and I'd hate to take all that silt to the laundry mat!!!

Rhydz
05-22-2007, 09:09 AM
so whats the deal with burning man? where is it?

algunz
05-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Are you any relation to amyzzz?

I'm female, a mother, and my name starts with an A.

algunz
05-22-2007, 09:20 AM
so whats the deal with burning man? where is it?

Out in the middle of the Black Rock Desert in Nevada.

Deviate_420
05-22-2007, 10:11 AM
I've always wanted to go to Burning Man, if not for any other reason then to say that I have done it. When is it, if anyone knows?

algunz
05-22-2007, 10:22 AM
August - always a fun time to be in the middle of the desert.

Deviate_420
05-22-2007, 10:34 AM

Oh god, maybe I don't want to go then.....

jackstraw94086
05-22-2007, 11:08 AM

It's actually mostly in september, the week leading up to labor day.

but people prone to complaining about weather are better off not going. The harsh conditions are part of the experience. I realize that doesn't make a lot of sense, but nobody can ever adequately explain the whole thing.

Deviate_420
05-22-2007, 11:17 AM
It's actually mostly in september, the week leading up to labor day.

but people prone to complaining about weather are better off not going. The harsh conditions are part of the experience. I realize that doesn't make a lot of sense, but nobody can ever adequately explain the whole thing.

How hot does it get?
I have always really wanted to go.

algunz
05-22-2007, 11:18 AM
It is called Burning Man.

Deviate_420
05-22-2007, 11:20 AM

HAHAHAHA... ZING!

jackstraw94086
05-22-2007, 11:23 AM
go read their website.

It's the desert. hot in the day, cold at night, yada yada.

I'll just say once again though, this is NOT a music festival. You're pretty much on your own.

Deviate_420
05-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Oh I know that. re you going Jack?

jackstraw94086
05-22-2007, 11:29 AM
yes.

Deviate_420
05-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Is it a good vibe like On site camping or totally different?

jackstraw94086
05-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Completely and utterly different.

It's not a bunch of small huddled tents lined up in rows. People do some elaborate and extravagant shit up there. There are certain neighborhoods designated for theme camps.

the vibe is not good. It's distinctly evil.

algunz
05-22-2007, 11:52 AM
The "city" is completely organized with avenues and streets that branch out in a circle. Does anyone have an aerial view?

KenMixtape
05-22-2007, 11:58 AM
I am sure it is different these days, but when I went in 1996, they had several DJ stations set up about a mile away from the main camp. One was SF house DJs, another was techno & tech house with a giant green lazer, one was a kind of 'outlaw' system playing everything from FSOL to hardcore rotterdam techno (S.P.A.Z.), and the furthest one was all Psytrance.
At the SPAZ camp, I met a nice fellow named Jack Acid, who was alienating the househeads with hardcore, but I sure appreciated it.
The sound systems were all running all nite every nite. I think after that year they seemed to frown heavily on the raver aspect. But judging from recent pictures, it looks like the Do Lab x 10,000.

I'd absolutely love to go again one of these years if I can afford it/get away for that long.

Deviate_420
05-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Completely and utterly different.

the vibe is not good. It's distinctly evil.

Sounds like my kind of place! Do you just show up or what. I think I'm going to go this year...

algunz
05-22-2007, 12:07 PM
You gotta get a ticket. BAD idea to try to sneak in to the area. They police it like a compound.

Deviate_420
05-22-2007, 12:20 PM
You gotta get a ticket. BAD idea to try to sneak in to the area. They police it like a compound.

LOL

SFChrissy
05-22-2007, 12:23 PM
The "city" is completely organized with avenues and streets that branch out in a circle. Does anyone have an aerial view?

Somebody may have already said so but it's on google map...

J~$$$
05-22-2007, 12:31 PM
I really wish I could get out there this year.

luckyface
05-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Hey look who it is! War of the Worlds guy (http://images.burningman.com/index.cgi?image=25746)

Just for fun, I checked the pricing. $225 to put up with this garbage? No thanks. This festival is something that I will never understand (nor do I ever want to try to understand it).

algunz
05-22-2007, 12:37 PM
I hope I did this right.

algunz
05-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Hey look who it is! War of the Worlds guy (http://images.burningman.com/index.cgi?image=25746)

Just for fun, I checked the pricing. $225 to put up with this garbage? No thanks. This festival is something that I will never understand (nor do I ever want to try to understand it).

I don't think it's meant to be understood.

Deviate_420
05-22-2007, 12:39 PM
I just rad the FAQ and I am so going.... Anyone else? We should construct a Coachella community..... I'm so excited...

invisiblerobots
05-22-2007, 12:42 PM
This is definitely not something that you just show up for on a whim. It takes quite a bit of planning to make sure that you don't die. I went in 2000 and it was one of the greatest things I've ever participated in.
http://www.brc-dpw.org/public/structures/images/2000aerial1.jpg

algunz
05-22-2007, 12:46 PM
That's a beautiful picture. I only wish it was always nice and shady like that.

jackstraw94086
05-22-2007, 12:50 PM

most of the art you saw at coachella was from burning man. I actually had a chat with the builders of the war of the worlds thing one morning before dawn as I was passed them on the way home. They were pretty cool.

If you don't think the festival is for you it probably isn't. Nobody there thinks any less of people who don't like it. It's up to you to think less of yourself for whatever reason you choose.

J~$$$
05-22-2007, 12:50 PM

Yeah I think Kroq is having a "festival" around that time anyways.

jackstraw94086
05-22-2007, 12:53 PM
I am sure it is different these days, but when I went in 1996, they had several DJ stations set up about a mile away from the main camp. One was SF house DJs, another was techno & tech house with a giant green lazer, one was a kind of 'outlaw' system playing everything from FSOL to hardcore rotterdam techno (S.P.A.Z.), and the furthest one was all Psytrance.
At the SPAZ camp, I met a nice fellow named Jack Acid, who was alienating the househeads with hardcore, but I sure appreciated it.
The sound systems were all running all nite every nite. I think after that year they seemed to frown heavily on the raver aspect. But judging from recent pictures, it looks like the Do Lab x 10,000.

I'd absolutely love to go again one of these years if I can afford it/get away for that long.

Do Lab X 10,000 is apt. There are major camps hosting dozens of types of EDM these days (mostly trance and breaks though). There's even camps that just do folk music or grateful dead or whatever.

All the sound systems kind of meld together and just create a vague din. It's a really cool sensation when standing in the middle of the esplenade (middle ring). If you don't want to hear them at night just camp in the outer blocks (and bring ear plugs regardless).

invisiblerobots
05-22-2007, 12:55 PM
It was sunny most of the week that I was there and then a huge storm swept through on one of the last days. Many people left before the burn because their structures were destroyed. Our geodesic dome partially collapsed but we reconstructed it after the storm. I became rather good at tying knots quickly.

jackstraw94086
05-22-2007, 12:59 PM
It was sunny most of the week that I was there and then a huge storm swept through on one of the last days. Many people left before the burn because their structures were destroyed. Our geodesic dome partially collapsed but we reconstructed it after the storm. I became rather good at tying knots quickly.

There was a major dust storm on Wed last year. Several camps suffered damage. You have to remember to stake your shit down hardcore. Use at least 3/8" rebar, especially on your shade structure.

algunz
05-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Braving the elements, that'll make a man outta ya.

Be all that you can be.

jackstraw94086
05-22-2007, 01:09 PM
right. it's all about being manly.

You can skip burning man all together and just wrestle some wild animals while drinking warm budweiser. Same shit.

luckyface
05-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Yeah I think Kroq is having a "festival" around that time anyways.

Was that supposed to be a dig at me or something? Better luck next time.

Just for general knowledge, what is the temperature swing from coldest to warmest parts of the day?

algunz
05-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Hot to real hot back to hot to warm to cool to chilly to rather cold then hot again

full on idle
05-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Peering outward from behind a mottled screen of vines and leaves, the Green Man does not speak or sleep; he waits. His meaning and his origins are largely lost to time the Green Man wasn't named till 1939. We know, however, that this type of enigmatic figure was the work of artists, anonymous craftsman whose unsigned work adorns the crevices and walls of medieval cathedrals. This year we will appropriate the Green Man and the primeval spell he casts on our imaginations for a modern purpose. Our theme concerns humanity's relationship to nature. Do we, as conscious beings, exist outside of nature's sway, or does its force impel us and inform the central root of who and what we are?

algunz
05-22-2007, 01:13 PM
I think the Green Man has been in many a crevice.

luckyface
05-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Hot to real hot back to hot to warm to cool to chilly to rather cold then hot again

Har har.

full on idle
05-22-2007, 01:14 PM
And this is rad:

But we will do much more than this. In 2007, we will calculate the amount of climate changing gases that are released into the air by the construction and the burning of the Man and its pedestal. This is called a carbon footprint. Then we'll sponsor projects in the outside world that will efface this imprint. Such actions might include the planting of trees or the development of non-polluting energy resources. Having played with fire, we'll take care to cleanse its atmospheric playground.

luckyface
05-22-2007, 01:14 PM
Green man, huh? So are they going to burn a giant re-creation of this guy then?

http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/food/green_giant_GI45.jpg

J~$$$
05-22-2007, 01:19 PM
sonic bloom is selling green tickets too. I love the green ticket idea.

amyzzz
05-22-2007, 01:20 PM
I would really like to go some year. I can't go this year however.

algunz
05-22-2007, 01:20 PM
And this is rad:

Yes, THAT is SUPER rad. Why can't more people be so clever and caring? I read about this club in Europe somewhere where half of the power used to sustain their business was generated from the energy of the people dancing on the dance floor. That's cool as shit.

J~$$$
05-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Yes, THAT is SUPER rad. Why can't more people be so clever and caring? I read about this club in Europe somewhere where half of the power used to sustain their business was generated from the energy of the people dancing on the dance floor. That's cool as shit.

???? do you have the article?

jackstraw94086
05-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Green man, huh? So are they going to burn a giant re-creation of this guy then?

http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/food/green_giant_GI45.jpg

not quite.

The man will start out of a 5x scale model of Dr. David Bruce Banner and the city residents will taunt him until he gets really really angry.

jackstraw94086
05-22-2007, 01:26 PM

That's a great concept, but I have my doubts. The physics behind a bunch of people somehow even half-sustaining tens of thousands of watts of sound, lights, etc. seems extremely far-fetched.

J~$$$
05-22-2007, 01:27 PM
algunz is an Alias.

algunz
05-22-2007, 01:27 PM
???? do you have the article?

It was in a magazine called "Plenty". I have it somewhere at home. The whole magazine is dedicated to conservation and alternative energy ideas. Pretty cool stuff. I got it Whole Foods.

algunz
05-22-2007, 01:28 PM
algunz is an Alias.

Who am I? It's a question I've been trying to answer since high school.

J~$$$
05-22-2007, 01:32 PM
you will never know.

algunz
05-22-2007, 01:44 PM
I struggle with that every day, yet at the same time it allows me a calming sense of relief.

jackstraw94086
05-22-2007, 01:49 PM
kinda like bengay, huh.

OnlyNonStranger
05-22-2007, 01:50 PM
follow the white rabbit

algunz
05-22-2007, 01:52 PM
But, he's never going any where good.

marooko
05-22-2007, 04:51 PM

not because of the weather. i think it might have to do with the structure that is sybolic of a man that they burn at the end. hence......wait for it..............burning man. but then again ive never gone, so i think i just made that up. i call it wicker man. haha.

algunz
05-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Smell that . . . that was sarcasm.

marooko
05-23-2007, 06:46 AM
i thought i smelled something funny, but i farted at the same time i was reading and typing so i wasnt sure what it was.

Wild Bill Hickok
05-23-2007, 10:29 AM
I have burned a man just to watch him die.

I also have been burned a plenty by soiled doves....if ya knows what I mean.

marooko
05-23-2007, 11:32 AM
no clue.

full on idle
05-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Calamity Jane is funnier.

Wild Bill Hickok
05-23-2007, 02:00 PM
I was thinking the same thing.

mountmccabe
05-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Some of my friends are trying to convince me to go. Not gonna happen, though. :(

meyouseek
05-25-2007, 10:15 AM

Looks can be deceiving... and we were slightly more concerned with the quality of the sound from our PA than the outer appearance of our humble cube. Fuck you very much!

I'd never say you shouldn't enjoy Coachella, but at the end of the day it's just a concert. A show that's been packaged for you by profit-seeking businessmen selling $7 beers and $35 t-shirts.

The Burning Man experience is wholly different and incomparable... though some of the Burning Man art pieces eventually end up at Coachella. Oh, and we get to burn stuff.

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/7493/templeburninght8.jpg

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/3928/templeandlasersmallbs7.jpg

algunz
05-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Uber Kool pix!

Wouldn't want to be downwind from that heat.

jackstraw94086
05-25-2007, 10:37 AM

Not sure if its the same dudes who set up that laser each year, but that thing's a godsend. Many times I've relied on that thing to orient myself and find my way back home.

jackstraw94086
05-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Uber Kool pix!

Wouldn't want to be downwind from that heat.

that was nothing compared to the heat coming off the uchronia when they torched it. That thing was made of just dry 2x4's.
We were at least 150 yards away and upwind and it still felt like standing in front of an open oven.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/jackstraw94086/uchorniaonfire.jpg

Deviate_420
05-25-2007, 10:49 AM
I just bought tickets.....

algunz
05-25-2007, 11:10 AM
"You guys are crazy."

meyouseek
05-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Crazy, probably.

Nice work Deviate... you're in for a treat. PM me if you have any questions, and www.burningman.com has loads of info.

The man burns in 99 days. Only 92 days until I leave for the playa!!

J~$$$
05-25-2007, 12:05 PM
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/3928/templeandlasersmallbs7.jpg[/QUOTE]

I WANT TO GO!!!!!!...:(

jackstraw94086
05-25-2007, 12:08 PM
they've already been given instructions not to let you in.

Courtney
05-25-2007, 12:09 PM
I know a couple people who go to Burning Man every year, and it always sounds like so much fun. The pictures alone of that Uchronia piece from last year make me want to go so badly. And I've been to a few of the after-burn parties, which are always fun.

It's not really so much my scene, but fun nonetheless. Maybe I'll get my act together to go next year.

J~$$$
05-25-2007, 12:10 PM
they've already been given instructions not to let you in.

Someday im going to stab you.

J~$$$
05-25-2007, 12:12 PM
with my penis.

algunz
05-25-2007, 12:13 PM
There's a pretty good documentary called Burning Man: Beyond Black Rock that I got off netflix that might give you a good perspective on the whole experience.

J~$$$
05-25-2007, 12:14 PM
why would you watch a video when you can live it......

algunz
05-25-2007, 12:17 PM
I agree, but for those that are debating -it's a good outlet to decide whether you are truly up for the experience. It's not always an easy time. It can take a big emotional, physical, and time commitment. It's not something you should jump into unprepared.

hitthenorth
06-04-2007, 06:13 PM

I WANT TO GO!!!!!!...:([/QUOTE]

So do I. It looks amazing.

jigglypuflvr@mac.com
06-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Amazing. It's a good thing most of the faggots on this board are too judgemental to even conceive experiencing this.

J~$$$
06-06-2007, 02:24 PM
FAGGOTS!

jigglypuflvr@mac.com
06-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Yes, faggots. A term I generally use to describe things I don't like. Ironic, considering that I may very well be a ****** for all you guys know; but concise and to the point, ****** will forever be the ultimate man-to-man insult.

jackstraw94086
06-07-2007, 11:37 AM
see you on the playa, ******.

J~$$$
06-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Whats up my faggots?

PineapplePete
06-07-2007, 01:29 PM
The irony is so tantylizingly delicious

jigglypuflvr@mac.com
06-07-2007, 01:59 PM
if you, jackstraw, see a very short, portly kid looking like he doesn't know what he's doing, that's me, and you should say "hey! ******!"

jackstraw94086
06-07-2007, 04:12 PM
If I said ****** to every confused looking short person on the playa I'd lose my voice in 30 minutes

jigglypuflvr@mac.com
06-10-2007, 05:06 PM
not being unique simply because of my stature is unacceptable. i will no longer be attending burning man.

Deviate_420
06-10-2007, 06:47 PM
I cant wait to go.... I have been to Camping World 4 times to get cool things for the trip....

denies the day
06-10-2007, 08:53 PM
The irony is so tantylizingly delicious

Fahreel.

I've been wanting to go to Burning Man for years. It seems I'd spend way more loot at Burning Man than Coachella.

invisiblerobots
08-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Arson! At Burning Man? (http://laughingsquid.com/burning-man-set-on-fire-early-arson-is-to-blame/)

clarky123
08-29-2007, 02:51 PM
There's nothing like coming home to a real wood, twig and Burning Man fire!

Wheres the beef?
08-29-2007, 05:54 PM
this burning man you speak of. where does he party at?

rno2worriesx
08-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Arson! At Burning Man? (http://laughingsquid.com/burning-man-set-on-fire-early-arson-is-to-blame/)

Yup..I came to post this.. it's in the front section of our paper today.
Really Bogus that guy did that.
Did you see his mugshot though? ha!

clarky123
08-30-2007, 12:35 AM
Just could not wait could he!!

psychic friend
08-30-2007, 07:02 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1025/1263860421_290bfe6d42.jpg

clarky123
08-30-2007, 07:10 AM
ICP anyone? He looks rather pleased with himself there - send him to the Prison thread at once!

amyzzz
08-30-2007, 08:30 AM
Whoa, PF duplicated a post! This is also in the Lounge forum. *taps foot*

dontfeedthebird
08-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Burn motherfucker burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One bad apple. :(

invisiblerobots
08-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Damn, now someone has gone and committed suicide there. Sad.

http://art.commongate.com/post/Burning_man_suffers_first_ever_suicide_-_hanging_body_mistaken_for_art_piece

GTI_GRL
08-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Damn, now someone has gone and committed suicide there. Sad.

http://art.commongate.com/post/Burning_man_suffers_first_ever_suicide_-_hanging_body_mistaken_for_art_piece

Did you write the 1st reply on that page?

orbit
08-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Is it the first suicide at Burning Man? I think I heard sometime ago that there had been a couple of suicides in other past years.

invisiblerobots
08-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Did you write the 1st reply on that page?

No, I don't generally go by the name susan and that comment was pretty weak.