PDA

View Full Version : Will Call nightmare and screw up!

sfmusiclvr
05-03-2007, 10:18 AM
To Goldenvoice and Event Coordinators:

I have never in 25yrs of concert going witnessed and was part of the most screwed up will call line ever! I have been to Coachella and Lollapalloza many times and never witnessed what happened on Friday

First off, with 50-60k concert goers for each day, donít you think a larger staff would have been more appropriate?? Having FOUR lines for will call tickets is INSANE and downright UNCALLED FOR!` My boyfriend and I waited for 4 hours!! Yes FOUR horribly frustrating hours in will call line! In the real world and not Coachella your staff from the TOP down would be FIRED!!! We did not CHOOSE the will call option through ticketmaster. As usual, ticketmaster fuckers did not send our tickets in time for the event. In talking with several people in the will call line this mistake was common thread for will call liners! To those people who have made comments to the other thread on the message board as OUR FAULT----MY RESPONSE IS FUCK OFF! You were not the SMARTER ones! Do you actually think anyone one of us would actually endure a four hour line as an OPTION???? The international people were stuck with this option as well as

Second, the ineffective and unhelpful staff as event coordinators should be addressed. Ok why have staff that are helpful and are unaware of why things fell apart so bad. Several coordinators just didnít even make eye contact or were even BLAMING the people in line as what caused the back up. They said it was because the people couldnít figure out which line to go in for their tickets. I highly doubt a will call line would be that screwed up from this. Furthermore, blaming people who paid good money and MISSED FOUR HOURS OF THE EVENT IS SERIOUSLY FUCKED UP!

Finally, after FOUR hours of waiting in line in 100+ weather with occasional free water passed out to us while watching people pass us going into the show or the ID check booths closing as the wait went on, the most screwed up thing happened EVER!!! As we finally made up to the last cue before the ticket booth they decided to let everyone into the concert who just wanted to get in for Friday! They were informing those who were NOT in the last line before the ticket booth. So, we had to ask what was going on. After waiting FOUR hours this was just DECIDED!!! COME ON NOW----WHAT A POORLY RUN AND INEFFICENT STAFF GOLDENVOICE!!

My suggestions for future Coachellaís

1. More staff! Ok come on now!! If you are expecting 50-60k concertgoers----STAFF APPROPRIATELY!! Have more ticketbooths staffed with more people handing out tickets. OR for even a more faster and efficient way set up the ATM booths as ticket printer booths. This would be like the movie theater tickets or airline tickets. As long as we have the credit card we should be able to print tickets on our own!!!

2. MORE helpful staff! Have people capable of informing those of us in line of what is going on. If you are going to let people in without tickets then do it sooner than 4hours!

3. Have your own ticket agency! I think we all know how bad ticketmaster is and maybe now after have nearly 200k attend Coachella that you can have your own agency that prints the tickets.

4. Give us something!!! Waiting for four hours in line missing nearly half the bands we wanted to see and just getting away with it is CRIMINAL! You were selling tickets both Saturday and Sunday at the ticket booths. You couldíve given us that option of giving us either day as a comp!! Even on airlines you get this!! What we got was enduring four hours only to be told before getting our tickets for Friday was to just GO IN!

You have some serious problems Goldenvoice!! Bad press isnít what you need after such a successful event. However, this was unacceptable and needs to be addressed and FIXED before the next event!

PlayaDelWes
05-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Will Call was such a screw up that heads need to roll.

Judging from the emails and posting on the message board before the show, TM & GV knew it was going to be a problem, yet did nothing about it except 'communicate' that we need to call before and have our confirm number, ID, and CC.

Whoever was in charge of Will Call could have been a little more proactive, but chose not to be. Instead they took the "let's see how it all pans out" approach at our expense.

The use of Will Call should have been discouraged all together by Mailing, ReMailing, or Emailing the tickets, allowing them to be picked up in person at other locations, or using automated machines.

I see claims that the line was long because “People lie or were not prepared” when they got to the front. The 95% of the people in line who were honest and prepared should not be affected. You can’t lie or argue with automated machines. At least they are idiot proof.

Bottom line is that there are lots of solutions that GV / TM could have come up with, but did not.

I’m not the type who complains or argues with customer service, but this is ridiculous and GV / TM should recognize it’s a problem, accept the blame, and compensate those affected.

Overall the festival was WELL RUN, except for will call.

KenMixtape
05-03-2007, 11:22 AM
The best thing that could possibly come out of this - GV should fire Ticketmaster once and for all.

captncrzy
05-03-2007, 12:21 PM
I really felt bad for you guys....I hope someone from GV is actually paying attention to you-this needs to be heard.

SFChrissy
05-03-2007, 01:01 PM
I met these boys at our hotel that came from monterey mexico, they stood in line for 6 hours to find out that their ticket purchase had been cancelled and were never notified. They called ticketmaster and were told "we tried calling you"...what happened to the email notification is what I was wondering?

C DUB YA
05-03-2007, 06:49 PM
I felt bad for the will callers as well - that was not acceptable - esp in that heat.

Red Ninja
05-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Ticketsmaster is the devil

gaypalmsprings
05-03-2007, 07:08 PM
who is Will Call?

MikeWeez
05-03-2007, 07:40 PM
why didnt you just print them at home...or have them mailed to you ?

I_Am_Brendan
05-03-2007, 08:09 PM
only US residents had this option (dont ask me why.. we have email in other countries as well!). Yeah the will call line was a nightmare. We were lucky because my resourceful girlfriend pushed in (I know I know pushing in is not cool but it was hot).. but even so we waited well over 2 hours... Never seen a line move so slow.... total screw up... surely they could have given us our concert tickets when we got our camping tickets? is that so hard? anyway stil had the best time ever!

MikeWeez
05-04-2007, 02:26 AM
only US residents had this option (dont ask me why.. we have email in other countries as well!). Yeah the will call line was a nightmare. We were lucky because my resourceful girlfriend pushed in (I know I know pushing in is not cool but it was hot).. but even so we waited well over 2 hours... Never seen a line move so slow.... total screw up... surely they could have given us our concert tickets when we got our camping tickets? is that so hard? anyway stil had the best time ever!

ahh i see.. well that sucks :-\

clarky123
05-04-2007, 02:35 AM
I agree they are a total shambles. I flew half way across the world for Coachella. Drove to Coachella from PS on Thursday at 10am and got there at 11am. I was told by a woman at the Willcall booth that tickets would not be issued till 5pm and that was only the Camping Permits!
Ok, got to Coachella again Fri at 11am and was misinformed right left and center by staff about which que to be in for tickets.
Waited 3 hours in a Will Call line - remember, if you are from overseas you have no choice as tickets are not sent to these locations (the world does not revolve around the USA).
There were 3 people in the booth not lookin too stressed and the woman who served me eventually nearly did not issue the camping permits on top of the tickets - so it was not just people forgetting to bring Ids etc. This situation should not have happened if you have 60 thousand people there each day and 3 people issuing tickets to overseas and US customers alike - there is simply no excuse for Willcalls incompetence.

sfmusiclvr
05-04-2007, 07:43 AM

Mike if you had read the initial thread you might be informed dude! We did have that option and ticketmaster forgot to send the tickets in time so we had to go with will call.

Listen dont blame the people who were in line unless you plan on standing in a line for 4hours next time.

snowgirl_69
05-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Absolute disgrace...we travelled from the UK, luckily as we were camping my boyfriend went and got out tickets at 09.30and did not have to wait in line...our friends who also came from the UK had a 5 hour wait.....we had no option but to go with Will Call....our friends ended up missing a lot of the bands they wanted to see....people pushing in while others had been waiting there for hours was not at all helpful or fair....what a complete mess!!!

crazzz2007
05-04-2007, 05:35 PM
what a disgrace.

shame on gv.

shame on tm.

thank god this didn't happen to me. someone would have gotten seriously hurt.

LanceMJ
05-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Three of my mates from Spain had to wait in the will call line for 3 hours!! They missed out on some good shows with us and we didn't see them the whole day Friday. What a cluster fuck.

gaypalmsprings
05-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Three of my mates from Spain had to wait in the will call line for 3 hours!! They missed out on some good shows with us and we didn't see them the whole day Friday. What a cluster fuck.

Thems is harsh words.

Proadict
05-04-2007, 07:13 PM
i wait 4 hurs in line too!!
i miss satellite party, silversun pickups and i just catch the last song of of montreal, and iw as only going friday!!! i hate will call

kennycarly
05-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Why can't people who have purchased tickets online go into a TM office later to show ID and pick up their tickets?

Why couldn't non US residents choose to pay the extra $10 to have it sent to them?

My friend spent 4 and a half hours which fucked up our Friday plans as we planned to meet inside at 1.00 and well that obviously couldn't happen so we were split up all day.

Also the people who I bought my Tickets off contacted TM saying that they couldn't go and TM emailed their tickets to them (In Australia), couldn't they just do this from the start?

prison sex
05-05-2007, 10:17 PM
who is Will Call?

He sounds like a big smelly jerk if you ask me!

Wheres the beef?
05-05-2007, 10:30 PM
who is Will Call?

Will Call is what you get if your mother slept with your brother.

Edit: Sorry folks I couldnt resist. I thought it was a funny one liner. But my heart goes out to you. My fingers are crossed for my wc tickets for daft punk and nothing goes wrong so I dont want to get any bad karma. F U GV get your shit together! :)

bumper31
05-06-2007, 05:38 AM
just got back from the states and had to add my voice.....

3 Hours! And we were lucky because they then opened another 4 windows and told people with surnames a-g to go to them!!! We were chatting to people who had stay where they where.

Absolutely disgraceful! We were speaking to people whose only reason for going was the Artic Monkeys and they missed em to this fuck up.

It is true all the people we spoke to were from anywhere but the US, I think GV underestimated the amount of international visitors BUT that cannot excuse them and TM for only having FOUR out of EIGHT windows open for the 2.5 hours we were in line.

As for
"We were lucky because my resourceful girlfriend pushed in (I know I know pushing in is not cool but it was hot).. but even so we waited well over 2 hours... Never seen a line move so slow.... "

It certainly IS NOT cool, and that is one of the reasons the line didn't move...people pushing in further up and the honest people having to wait longer....

ellipsis
05-06-2007, 05:03 PM
we waited for four hours

seriously how hard is it to just simply put more staff on?

they would've known how big the demand was, they would've known that loads of people would be there, it's just common sense at the end of the day.

we got in just in time for the arctic monkeys. we should have gotten in before the first acts were on. pretty fucking pathetic if you ask me.

i was having a great time in the queue though. i gotta tellya guys, if you want a boring time to become a wonderful time, take some lysergic acid. that shit is sweet.

cellophane_star
05-08-2007, 01:40 PM
only US residents had this option (dont ask me why.. we have email in other countries as well!).

Untrue... we bought our tickets less than a week after they went on sale and they were sent to us in Canada a few weeks later. Same for camping tickets.

clarky123
05-09-2007, 03:29 AM
Untrue... we bought our tickets less than a week after they went on sale and they were sent to us in Canada a few weeks later. Same for camping tickets.

Think you might find Canada is a bit closer to the US (if you look at and read a map).

SwedishBastard
05-09-2007, 07:46 AM
I waited for five fucking hours and i missed three of my resons to go Silversun Pickups, Noisetter and Tokyo Police Club.

bartelby
05-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Canadians had different options than overseas/Mex/SouthAmerica people

So sorry for you guys

Dode BCK
05-09-2007, 12:11 PM
We had to wait for 6 bloody hours,got in just in time to see artic monkeys.There were no security people at the willcall lines at all,until they eventually realised there was a problem.The fact that about 8000 people were in a line that wasn`t even moving,eventually opened there eyes to this.We were told at the campsite on thurs that willcall would open at 9am on friday.The gates from the campsite to the willcall area were still closed at around 9am,so we decided to come back just after 12pm,oh what a big mistake that was.Hopefully they`ll get this willcall shambles fixed for next year,or hopefully just mail the tickets worldwide.How hard can it be to do this

krunchy
05-10-2007, 07:42 PM
Still no apology. This is pathetic. It really isn't hard to apologise, but the people at GV incl. our psychic 'friend' refuse to apologise. Definitely going to put some energy towards letting people know how much better a festival like roskilde is than some shitty unorganised joke in the desert.

SubBass49
05-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Krunchy...this "joke in the desert" is one of the most respected festivals in the world, and has provided me with entertainment since 99 without so much as a single problem. Rather than being counterproductive, why don't you make suggestions on how to fix the problems (such as in the other thread)? Otherwise, if all you want to do is talk shit and complain, then maybe Coachella would be better off without you. I know it sounds harsh, but really.

Boourns
05-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Yeah, the lack of apology is real classy.

SubBass49
05-15-2007, 04:25 AM
Yeah, the lack of apology is real classy.

As are people that just dont get it.

EDIT: Got this thread mixed up with the other one about Will Call...my bad...but go read that one and see whatcha think...

krunchy
05-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Krunchy...this "joke in the desert" is one of the most respected festivals in the world, and has provided me with entertainment since 99 without so much as a single problem. Rather than being counterproductive, why don't you make suggestions on how to fix the problems (such as in the other thread)? Otherwise, if all you want to do is talk shit and complain, then maybe Coachella would be better off without you. I know it sounds harsh, but really.

Have you been to a music festival that isn't run by retards? Do you have any means of comparison? I think english people may have something more of an educated opinion about how a good music festival is run as opposed to some californian rooting for his local festival. Get a passport and then talk to me.

Still trying to grasp why you are so adamant about sticking up for these people, and why you think you know what you are talking about when your probably waltzed straight into the festival and had a good time.

To your credit you aren't being a dick and all you want is for the festival to be improved. Well, all I want is an apology. If you don't think I deserve one, then get the fuck out of these threads.

SubBass49
05-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Have you been to a music festival that isn't run by retards? Do you have any means of comparison? I think english people may have something more of an educated opinion about how a good music festival is run as opposed to some californian rooting for his local festival. Get a passport and then talk to me.

Still trying to grasp why you are so adamant about sticking up for these people, and why you think you know what you are talking about when your probably waltzed straight into the festival and had a good time.

To your credit you aren't being a dick and all you want is for the festival to be improved. Well, all I want is an apology. If you don't think I deserve one, then get the fuck out of these threads.

I root for this festival because this is my 8th time out of 8 that they've held, and so far have had an amazing time each time. That's why I stick up for GV. In America to have a festival without massive corporate sponsorship banners everywhere is a rarity...especially one that pulls the kind of talent that Coachella does. As for your apology, I think you deserve one from TicketMaster (for their retarded policy) and the Empire Polo Fields (for not opening more will call booths). Other than that, no apology should be given.

krunchy
05-15-2007, 08:14 PM
It is plain ignorant to think that GV couldn't have helped the situation. It is also plain as day that they chose to do fuck all about it. In 6.5hrs they could have done a lot of things, and as far as i know they had many hours before that with people waiting upto 4hrs in the morning. I'm sure you love the fact that there are no banners around, that doesn't mean the festival isn't badly organised.

The will call thing is the only part that pissed me off, but really, they need to send someone to do the europe festival scene. They should stop trying to learn from their own mistakes (of which there are plenty) and just copy someone else's methods. They work.

I understand you think tm and empire polo fields should be the ones held accountable, and to a degree I agree with you. But I don't. GV hosted the event, GV let the lines stay as long as they were, and they did fuck all to help it. It's not all about what was done, but what wasn't done.
On the main page, and on the forums, an apology from the GM of goldenvoice. That is all. Really not that difficult.

The arrogance of knowing that we aren't coming back and are not an issue to them is what is letting them get away with this. We aren't going to make any changes to their wallets from boycotting the festival. Well, unless I get an apology soon I might start trying to persuade people that there are other festivals that are much more worthy of their attention.
Sorry mate, but until we get an apology this festival has a huge target painted on it's chest.

SubBass49
05-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Well, sorry you feel that way. GV put the event together though...they arranged the acts and the sponsors, they made arrangements for food services & security, and they took care of paying for all the services they used. One of the services was the use of Empire Polo Field...the venue. Ticketmaster puts the venue in charge of all will-call tickets. The venue can choose to make tickets available prior to an event as far in advance as they choose...in fact many venues do that to avoid the issues we ran into at Coachella.

Part of the problem is that I do not remember such issues last year, so how would they know it would be so bad this year? Did anyone here go through will call last year? Anyone notice a difference? If so, what was different? Less staff? Less windows? More cutting into the line? Perhaps line security was a contributing factor, in which case the security company would have partial responsibility?

Rhydz
05-20-2007, 09:17 AM
i think everyones anger at the will call is very very very valid. ticketmaster takes a booking fee and then extra fee's depending on what method you use to obtain your tickets.

in the case on international punters they were forced to use the will call method at an extra $2.50. I even live in houston but because the card i use is an australian credit card i was forced to use the will call method at extra cost.

now lets fast forward to the festival. ticketmaster can easily obtain the number of punters that are allocated to each delivery method (i.e. they can know before the event how many people would have been picking up their tickets via will call).

there is no excuses for putting two people on to deal with the will call line. do the math if you are charging $2.50 for a person for will call then its not hard to work out how much money they were making by reducing the amount of staff to deal with will call.

my questions is was the staff in the will call box hired by GV, ticketmaster or the venue polo fields?

further more i have been to festivals all around the world and the problems i saw at coachella far out numbered the problems at other festivals. please stop being ignorant and accept that there were a large amount of problems that do not exist in other festivals around the world.

please dont take that as me saying coachella is a bad festival. it is actually set in a beatifull venue with a stella line up. it also had an awesome vibe. the only downside was the organisation. also please fire the redneck security they are fucking useless especially the bandana wearing douche at the id station near the drinking area at the entrance. someone inform him that other countries exist outside of the USA and that a passport is an internationally excepted piece of idenitification a state id from california is not.