PDA

View Full Version : Zach's Speech during WAKE UP

bdfsh
05-02-2007, 09:48 PM
i really liked what zach had to say during the closing of wake up.. i was wondering if anybody had found this quote anywhere around the enttternet

faxman75
05-02-2007, 10:00 PM
He wants anarchy and he wants the current administration hung, shot and put on trial.

bdfsh
05-02-2007, 10:05 PM
heres what ive came acrossed.. i dont think its exact, but its purrdy close...

…if the same laws were applied to U.S. Presidents as were applied to the Nazis after World War 2 that every single one of ‘em, every last rich white one of ‘em will be hung to death and shot. In this current administration there is no exception, they should be hung and tried and shot, as any war criminal should be. But the challenges that we face, they go way beyond administrations, way beyond elections, way beyond every four years of pulling levers, way beyond that. Because this whole rotten system has become so vicious and cruel that in order to sustain itself it needs to destroy entire countries and profit from their reconstruction in order to survive. And that’s not a system that changes every 4 years, its a system that we need to break down generation after generation after generation…

scottierock
05-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Maybe Zach should take some of those MILLIONS OF DOLLARS he's getting paid from his next few shows and do something about it - instead of spittin' off Commie lines at a huge festival. It's pretty fucking easy to call Bush a Nazi and say he should be shot - that gets good applause at a rock show, and has great production values. But if the system doesn't work, maybe make some suggestions and build a serious audience that will LISTEN? Look at the big picture - government, environment, justice, ect. Saying the shithouse is fucked and we should stand up against it SOLVES NOTHING. If people are serious about what they believe, then they should get heavily involved in something. Look at Al Gore and the buzz he has created with his film. I find Tom is more involved, passionate and sincere about issues, more than Zach. As a media icon, Zach could do more than go into hiding for several years - only to emerge when he's broke and needs cash. Not to mention lose his voice and not hit several, if any, high notes at the coachella performance. Do us all a favor - get into the studio and create art - that is what changes things and inspires people. I didn't really enjoy the 'sing-a-long' on Sunday night. It was fun i guess... as much fun as a sloppy peppers show on a saturday at the end of april.

grain
05-03-2007, 11:01 AM
i thought zach's speech was pretty inspiring, and i think a lot of people are criticizing him especially his logic of being "hung, tried, and shot" but then i took it to mean that the administration should either face being hung, some tried and others shot" and not all three in order

i don't know what's been going through zach's head but i'm glad they're back on the scene making noise.

to me it signals parallels in the critical mass of global peeps wanting change. so the mere fact that he is out there with his mates, albeit not in the same vein of RATM of old, it is still a powerful message for the sleeping giant to

waAAAAKE UP!!!!

see you at rock the bells SF!

PlayaDelWes
05-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Did Zach say anything about the Will Call people?

faxman75
05-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Yes, he did.

Burn, burn, yes ya gonna burn

mandelbaum
05-03-2007, 02:16 PM
i really liked what zach had to say during the closing of wake up.. i was wondering if anybody had found this quote anywhere around the enttternet

Why do you like it?

ashtraygrl
05-03-2007, 06:54 PM
.......sooooo he basicaly said "KILL WHITEY!" ?

ThunderInTheSky
05-05-2007, 08:35 AM
Here is why Fox News is a fucking joke .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CjcqLTXlmk

All That I Am
05-05-2007, 08:55 AM
rY6AaiODC1c

rage patton
05-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Hahaha. That was great. Was the Eddie Murphy singing? If so, he has a great voice.

Deltro
05-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Fox News, Coulter, and H&C took his speech way out of context and tried to pin it on liberals and democrats. What a fucking joke.

tibu1
05-05-2007, 02:54 PM

Really? That's your interpretation of what he said?

....we're in trouble. :rolleyes

wmgaretjax
05-05-2007, 03:12 PM
spittin' off Commie lines

you are a cliche. potentially one worse than mr. de la rocha.

Wheres the beef?
05-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Maybe Zach should take some of those MILLIONS OF DOLLARS he's getting paid from his next few shows and do something about it - instead of spittin' off Commie lines at a huge festival. It's pretty fucking easy to call Bush a Nazi and say he should be shot - that gets good applause at a rock show, and has great production values. But if the system doesn't work, maybe make some suggestions and build a serious audience that will LISTEN? Look at the big picture - government, environment, justice, ect. Saying the shithouse is fucked and we should stand up against it SOLVES NOTHING. If people are serious about what they believe, then they should get heavily involved in something. Look at Al Gore and the buzz he has created with his film. I find Tom is more involved, passionate and sincere about issues, more than Zach. As a media icon, Zach could do more than go into hiding for several years - only to emerge when he's broke and needs cash. Not to mention lose his voice and not hit several, if any, high notes at the coachella performance. Do us all a favor - get into the studio and create art - that is what changes things and inspires people. I didn't really enjoy the 'sing-a-long' on Sunday night. It was fun i guess... as much fun as a sloppy peppers show on a saturday at the end of april.

Did you say JUSTICE??

bwheeler
05-05-2007, 05:17 PM
"Do us all a favor - get into the studio and create art - that is what changes things and inspires people."

It sounds like, from your post, Scottierock, I missed something on Sunday.

If you didn't think that thousands of people weren't "Inspired" on Sunday night, we weren't at the same show.

If you don't think that Sunday tickets sold out in record time, the fastest of any Coachella show yet, because people weren't "Inspired" by RATM, you are mistaken.

If you think that half of the people who came to the show on Sunday for a different band, and not the simple fact that Rage was playing, and because their music has inspired them to enact change in their own communities and stand up for their freedoms, you are just kidding yourself.

If you think that the music that RATM plays is not "art," I challenge you to give an example of another band of our generation that:
1., would play a sell out show after breaking up 7 years ago,
2., inspire so much emotion whenever they play,
3., pretty much incite a riot every time they play, and
4., play their music with more feeling than any other band in history that I can think of.

I agree, it is not intellectual. It is not a Handel Movement. It isn't a beautiful thing. But it doesn't claim to be. They are who they are, and they are good at it, and I hope they never change. We need them to be who they are. Raw. Natural. Intense. Angry. Genuine.

RATM touches people in that small part of their soul that is still an animal. And it is a powerful motivating factor to not be afraid of change, or authority, or the status quo.

I had that greatest time of my life. No other show I have ever been to has had even close to the same impact as I felt at that show.

If we weren't at the same concert, I'm sorry for you.

P.S. - "If people are serious about what they believe, then they should get heavily involved in something. Look at Al Gore and the buzz he has created with his film"

F*** Al Gore and his hypocritical bullshit! If you don't think RATM created buzz for Mumia, or Leonard Peltier and the American Indian Movement, the Zapatistas, national censorship and the PMRC, L.A.'s South Central Farm, ect., ect., ect., I do not agree.

Deltro
05-06-2007, 12:23 AM
Good response imo.

johnm1848
05-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Anyone else see the irony in RATM playing music and making speeches inspired by people who disagree with everything (freedom, money, etc.) that made Coachella possible?

betao
05-06-2007, 09:44 AM
"Do us all a favor - get into the studio and create art - that is what changes things and inspires people."

It sounds like, from your post, Scottierock, I missed something on Sunday.

If you didn't think that thousands of people weren't "Inspired" on Sunday night, we weren't at the same show.

If you don't think that Sunday tickets sold out in record time, the fastest of any Coachella show yet, because people weren't "Inspired" by RATM, you are mistaken.

If you think that half of the people who came to the show on Sunday for a different band, and not the simple fact that Rage was playing, and because their music has inspired them to enact change in their own communities and stand up for their freedoms, you are just kidding yourself.

If you think that the music that RATM plays is not "art," I challenge you to give an example of another band of our generation that:
1., would play a sell out show after breaking up 7 years ago,
2., inspire so much emotion whenever they play,
3., pretty much incite a riot every time they play, and
4., play their music with more feeling than any other band in history that I can think of.

I agree, it is not intellectual. It is not a Handel Movement. It isn't a beautiful thing. But it doesn't claim to be. They are who they are, and they are good at it, and I hope they never change. We need them to be who they are. Raw. Natural. Intense. Angry. Genuine.

RATM touches people in that small part of their soul that is still an animal. And it is a powerful motivating factor to not be afraid of change, or authority, or the status quo.

I had that greatest time of my life. No other show I have ever been to has had even close to the same impact as I felt at that show.

If we weren't at the same concert, I'm sorry for you.

P.S. - "If people are serious about what they believe, then they should get heavily involved in something. Look at Al Gore and the buzz he has created with his film"

F*** Al Gore and his hypocritical bullshit! If you don't think RATM created buzz for Mumia, or Leonard Peltier and the American Indian Movement, the Zapatistas, national censorship and the PMRC, L.A.'s South Central Farm, ect., ect., ect., I do not agree.

Good response, but ummm..

Exactly what was inspired at the show? If anything, i'd say a greater hatred for our current administration was inspired. I'm sure thousands of people now hate Bush more now. But are you saying that thousands of people will now actually become involved in more practical and useful forms of protest and change? Hah.

Yeah, I will agree that RATM is a huge factor in coachella selling on sunday so fast; to disagree would just be plain ignorant. and I wouldnt disagree at all with you on most people showing up for RATM; obviously there were alot of people there primarily for RATM.

But keep in mind the kind of crowd RATM plans infront of. They play infront of people looking for an intense show, people who want to destroy things (hence the riot you speak of). The music is obviously angry/intense - so if anything, it inspires anger that doesnt necessarily lead to practical change/protest.

I'm sure there are other bands that too would sell out a festival if it was there reunion show. Let's say... lets say Metallica broke up in the 90s (or 2000). If it was them instead of RATM, i'm sure they'd sell out coachella too.

You also ask for bands that would inspire emotion and riots. Well, I'm not too sure about riots, and riots arent necessarily a good thing. As for emotion, once again, the only kind of emotion inspired by RATM is hatred. Probably a majority of the fans left that show hating the president more, but I doubt alot of them left coachella thinking of ways they could actually DO SOMETHING about the government.

Now don't get me wrong - I love Rage with all my heart. They're music is amazing, and I do believe that they're serious about what they do, that they aren't in it for the money.

but to say people left feeling "inspired"... I dunno about that one.