PDA

View Full Version : Goldenvoice Moving your car from the parking lot!!

bjorkgudmonstirrur
05-01-2007, 05:41 PM
:mad:

what the hell...on friday we parked the car and after the show we went to the spot we parked it and searched all over for it, it turns out Goldenvoice powers that be moved it from that spot and put it somewhere else! WHAT THE HELL!!?!?

the909
05-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Where did they move it? you weren't one of those idiots who parked in front of the exit were you because if you were they should have set it on fire.

bjorkgudmonstirrur
05-01-2007, 07:49 PM
No i parked where the attendant had me park...blocking nothing and no one...it was just so ODD!

the909
05-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Well how do you know they moved it then? maybe you just forgot where you parked.

tibu1
05-01-2007, 08:05 PM
The cars were moved to vacate the lot for that days traffic. All the cars were moved to the back rows. Notice how the lots were completely empty each day......
I saw them do it from my rented SUV/motel room......I parked in the back just before I went to sleep.
They just did it to make parking easier for the cars coming in for that day.

gaypalmsprings
05-01-2007, 08:10 PM
The faq's said no overnight parking except for campers. They shoulda towed yer sorry ass to a storage place. And what the hell is an SUV motel?

"There will be plenty of parking adjacent to the festival grounds. Parking is free. There is no overnight parking allowed."

bjorkgudmonstirrur
05-01-2007, 08:15 PM
i didnt park overnight..........i parked where they guy had me park it was in Lot 1 against the fence blocking NO AISLES and NO CARS and not BLOCKING any exits/entrances....and I KNOW where I parked it, it was moved with NO explanation, nothing.

tibu1
05-01-2007, 08:36 PM
The faq's said no overnight parking except for campers. They shoulda towed yer sorry ass to a storage place. And what the hell is an SUV motel?":rolleyes
Oh please, Mary. Who gives a shit what the rules say?
Secondly, Oh Humorless One.....it was a fucking joke! Get it? Suv subbing as my motel room? The / was put there for a reason.

DeltaSigChi4
05-01-2007, 08:45 PM
What the holy fuck is this all supposed to be about?

E

psychic friend
05-01-2007, 08:54 PM
ok 1 guy got moved for some unknown reason.. lets burn stuff.

sorry about that :(

whynotsmile99
05-01-2007, 08:57 PM
ok 1 guy got moved for some unknown reason.. lets burn stuff.

sorry about that :(

did you have a good time at coachella psychic friend? see anyone good?

DeltaSigChi4
05-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Hey PF. Can I get my stolen posts back now? I've behaved lately. I even refrained from running over any parking staff with my vehicle.

E

psychic friend
05-01-2007, 09:22 PM
i saw 3 bands this weekend, 2 of which were awesome. i enjoyed working as always but dont like the blisters on my toes. one guy from the message board cornered me at vip, he was very awesome, he recognized my cat butt tattoo.

xxoo
pf

adrielme
05-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Our car was moved from Lot 1 all the way to lot V. We could not find it all weekend. I don't know how the hell they get away with this kind of crap, but we parked right where the attendant told us too and we were still moved. In case anyone doesnt know, lot V is on one of the farthest corners of the property, lot 1 is right nnext to the entrance. And none of the employees knew about this lot, no one could tell us where our car was moved. No one knew anything at this event.

bjorkgudmonstirrur
05-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Our car was moved from Lot 1 all the way to lot V. We could not find it all weekend. I don't know how the hell they get away with this kind of crap, but we parked right where the attendant told us too and we were still moved. In case anyone doesnt know, lot V is on one of the farthest corners of the property, lot 1 is right nnext to the entrance. And none of the employees knew about this lot, no one could tell us where our car was moved. No one knew anything at this event.

so im not crazy!!!! dude we were freaking out we were in lot 1 too by the entrance...were you 2 girls? we were calling the cops etc....it was really fucked up

gaypalmsprings
05-02-2007, 09:33 PM
i saw 3 bands this weekend, 2 of which were awesome. i enjoyed working as always but dont like the blisters on my toes. one guy from the message board cornered me at vip, he was very awesome, he recognized my cat butt tattoo.

xxoo
pf

how did he see the cat tatoo on yer butt?

ocpathfinder
05-02-2007, 10:12 PM

so im not crazy!!!! dude we were freaking out we were in lot 1 too by the entrance...were you 2 girls? we were calling the cops etc....it was really fucked up

so how did you guys end up finding your cars?

adrielme
05-02-2007, 10:53 PM
A tow truch found it Wednesday morning in some lot V that was on the far corner of the property. We had to drive back from LA, pay 250$ to the tow company, which we suspect stold our ipod and 2 beers from the cooler in the trunk and we had to pay for our rental from sat till today. It was a pretty f'd up experienced to tell you the truth. I think maybe the employees should have been better informed. The two girls were my gf and our friend and were all over the parking lots.
Check this out though. The lot that the cars were moved to, were not accessible from the main area like the other lots. You actually had to walk out onto Monroe and go south to 50th? I believe was the intersection. So as we are searching everywhere, following the lit up signs, it was futile, our car was in an unidentified lot that none of the employees knew about. I don't know but this really sucked and we are considering a lawsuit against goldenvoice at this point for all of the trouble they caused.

HorseTears
05-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Okay, if this is really true, it's outrageous! Psychic Friend, I think you should arrange for complimentary '08 weekend passes for these people. Otherwise, they have every right to take GV to the cleaners.

adrielme
05-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Believe me it is true. We were even driven around by Paul Tolley, SP?, one of the promoters for the event, for hours on Friday night, he drove us till almost 4am all over the lots and said that we covered every lot. He finally gave up, paid like 60 bucks for a cab to take us to our hotel and said to try in the morning. We did try, we came back early, asked all the guys in yellow t shirts and they knew nothing, all they said was "it's where you left it" or " they were moved to the edges of the parking lots near the entrances", not true! We talked to a big security guy in a blue shirt named Tiny, who was nice enough to give us his employee printout map of the parking lots and we searched all the lots that were designated as public parking lots, even the campers parking lot! Our car was supposodely found on a "lot V" according to the tow company. I have since lost the map and do not recall a "lot V" on it, either way though from what we were being told by everyone, there is no way our car would be there because it would be where we left it, or on the lot where we left it, but at the edge of that same lot near the entrance/exit along the edges, no such case. Even the police were no help, they kept telling us not to file till we searched more even after we relayed our experience. I have been going to Coachella for 5 years now and nothing like this has ever happened to me. I don't know what was being done differently this year, but being worried about how to get home and our car seriously ruined our weekend.

bjorkgudmonstirrur
05-02-2007, 11:33 PM
so how did you guys end up finding your cars?

we just kept walking around the 'vicinity' of where he were told to park it and found it! Mind you this was in Lot 1 where there were NO LIGHTS!!!

total nightmare

bjorkgudmonstirrur
05-02-2007, 11:37 PM
A tow truch found it Wednesday morning in some lot V that was on the far corner of the property. We had to drive back from LA, pay 250$ to the tow company, which we suspect stold our ipod and 2 beers from the cooler in the trunk and we had to pay for our rental from sat till today. It was a pretty f'd up experienced to tell you the truth. I think maybe the employees should have been better informed. The two girls were my gf and our friend and were all over the parking lots.
Check this out though. The lot that the cars were moved to, were not accessible from the main area like the other lots. You actually had to walk out onto Monroe and go south to 50th? I believe was the intersection. So as we are searching everywhere, following the lit up signs, it was futile, our car was in an unidentified lot that none of the employees knew about. I don't know but this really sucked and we are considering a lawsuit against goldenvoice at this point for all of the trouble they caused.

we saw those 2 girls! i even said to them 'did someone steal your car too?' because we parked in the same damn row facing the fence!

THANK the GODS we just walked around like zombies and found it, i cant imagine how horrible it was to have to pay that $250 and time to drive back out to that hellhole!

after hanging around in 100 degree heat and mixing it up with 60,000 people all day you just want after that is to retreat to the comfort of your car and hightail it outta there.....to have this bullshit happen sucks balls! Im telling Darewreck!

bjorkgudmonstirrur
05-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Okay, if this is really true, it's outrageous! Psychic Friend, I think you should arrange for complimentary '08 weekend passes for these people. Otherwise, they have every right to take GV to the cleaners.

hahha AGREED!!

adrielme
05-02-2007, 11:52 PM
We were going crazy because we knew where we parked and we clearly remembered parking in lot 1 and thinking "wow we are really close to the entrance, this is awesome!" Imagine our surprise at the end of the night Friday and we are searching everywhere and around 3 or 4am lot 1 is nearly empty and our car is not anywhere to be seen. Then to have to go back Wednesday to take it out of a tow yard and find our ipod stolen. We seriously don't know what was going on out there in the desert, but we are thinking Street Scene might be our new annual event, at least we can ride the trolley there and leave our car in the safety of their security camera patrolled lots.

I know we were not the only people that this happened to, there have got to be others out there and I hope we can find them and get something done about this.

anonimouse
05-03-2007, 05:04 PM
We were going crazy because we knew where we parked and we clearly remembered parking in lot 1 and thinking "wow we are really close to the entrance, this is awesome!" Imagine our surprise at the end of the night Friday and we are searching everywhere and around 3 or 4am lot 1 is nearly empty and our car is not anywhere to be seen. Then to have to go back Wednesday to take it out of a tow yard and find our ipod stolen. We seriously don't know what was going on out there in the desert, but we are thinking Street Scene might be our new annual event, at least we can ride the trolley there and leave our car in the safety of their security camera patrolled lots.

I know we were not the only people that this happened to, there have got to be others out there and I hope we can find them and get something done about this.

a couple of points i want to make

what happend to you sucks, you have every right to be upset
street scene is like coachellas bastard cousin. sure i'll hang out with him, but in the end he's just kinda retarded
street scene has been moved to the del mar fairgrounds according to their website, so i dont think you will be taking the trolly this year. in fact, i bet the parking there is going to suck just as bad as coachella

tripcalifornia
05-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Wow, I can't even imagine what it must have been like - That is soooo not "coachella"!! Makes me nervous for next year...

gaypalmsprings
05-03-2007, 05:29 PM
bah humbug

bjorkgudmonstirrur
05-03-2007, 08:33 PM
bah humbug

ya momma!

daft$tar
05-03-2007, 08:37 PM
holy shit - what a nightmare! im so so sorry :(

HorseTears
05-03-2007, 10:04 PM
So, what's the latest? Has anyone from GV contacted you guys with an apology and/or offer? If not, I suggest a very sternly worded letter be mailed to their headquarters, preferably on your attorney's letterhead.

invisiblerobots
05-04-2007, 09:58 AM

xxoo
pf

Aw shucks. It was great meeting you too PF.

Hahahaha! One of the perks of VIP I guess.

DeltaSigChi4
05-04-2007, 10:06 AM
PF is too good to be down with the peons in GA.

E

bjorkgudmonstirrur
05-04-2007, 07:38 PM
So, what's the latest? Has anyone from GV contacted you guys with an apology and/or offer? If not, I suggest a very sternly worded letter be mailed to their headquarters, preferably on your attorney's letterhead.

no nothing not a damn thing....just like the whole thing to begin with!

adrielme
05-04-2007, 08:48 PM
No. The only thing we got was an email from Paul Tollett who drove us around all night asking if we ever found our car. He was a super nice guy though and did everything he could to help us out.

crazzz2007
05-06-2007, 03:54 PM
No. The only thing we got was an email from Paul Tollett who drove us around all night asking if we ever found our car. He was a super nice guy though and did everything he could to help us out.

paul tollet is the owner of GV and founder of coachella. trust me, him sending you an email does not make him a nice guy. if he were a nice guy, you would have been contacted and compensated already.

summerkid
05-06-2007, 04:06 PM
a couple of points i want to make

what happend to you sucks, you have every right to be upset
street scene is like coachellas bastard cousin. sure i'll hang out with him, but in the end he's just kinda retarded
street scene has been moved to the del mar fairgrounds according to their website, so i dont think you will be taking the trolly this year. in fact, i bet the parking there is going to suck just as bad as coachella

lol that's so true about street scene, but the coaster has a stop at solana beach which is right there and within walking distance plus i'm sure they'll have some sort of shuttle that will pick people up and take them to the train station.

Suffacated
05-07-2007, 01:22 AM
paul tollet is the owner of GV and founder of coachella. trust me, him sending you an email does not make him a nice guy. if he were a nice guy, you would have been contacted and compensated already.

If Paul sending an email and or driving someone around trying to help them find their car (you forgot to quote that part. dah...) doesn't make him a nice guy, what does it make him?
A business man...
Just the fact that he made time to help some people out is pretty fucking cool in my book. Remember, hes got more things going on than you could ever imagine. It's impossible for him to know every little detail of the days happenings. He pays other people to do that. I bet that he was just as confused as those he was helping. I'm sure that he will make it up to those people after he finishes up with Stagecoach.

malcolmjamalawesome
05-07-2007, 04:14 AM
No no no, the way I read it it is a tattoo OF a cat butt.

Glamour Damaged
05-07-2007, 01:32 PM
:mad:

what the hell...on friday we parked the car and after the show we went to the spot we parked it and searched all over for it, it turns out Goldenvoice powers that be moved it from that spot and put it somewhere else! WHAT THE HELL!!?!?

So you didnt leave it overnight? Cause they said you cant do that...leave it over night. If you didnt leave it over night, then what was the point of them moving it???

MarkO
05-07-2007, 01:46 PM
I saw an Accord towed on Friday from beside the chicken wire fence seperating the camping from the big pedestrian walkway. I don't know how they even got to get there in the first place.

SWEETSHIVERBURN
05-07-2007, 05:28 PM
what happen to anyone like that sucks no matter what or where you are.

we were denied acces back to the parking area when we came back from dinner at 9:45pm..not just campers parking( which we knew before hand we would not get into after 11am) but NO parking area.

Now..i wouldnt have minded had somewhere here or in the camp grounds we were informed on this rule.i saw plenty of campers going to Ralphs to pick up beer etc and getting told they cant get back in till 3am.

The whole parking espically for campers needs to be redone....

bjorkgudmonstirrur
05-08-2007, 01:04 AM
I bet that he was just as confused as those he was helping. I'm sure that he will make it up to those people after he finishes up with Stagecoach.

that would be nice...