PDA

View Full Version : THE CASCADING WAVE OF SCREAMING CHEERS

Senor Cardgage
05-01-2007, 01:55 PM
My favorite single part of camping.
Dont know how it got started, but it ruled. Hard.

Shyeviolett
05-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Yea, I love that too. Especially the first night.

Senor Cardgage
05-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Do you think the first guy just screamed his head off for like an hour until it caught on?

pinguinotonto
05-01-2007, 02:01 PM
I was in my tent alone, this was my first time at coachella ever, and that screaming on friday scared the shit out of me, i wanted to cry and go home...but then i realized that it was just fun the next night.

Shyeviolett
05-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Do you think the first guy just screamed his head off for like an hour until it caught on?

One big group of people start it and the rest just follow suit....

thaipod
05-01-2007, 02:35 PM
I was in my tent alone, this was my first time at coachella ever, and that screaming on friday scared the shit out of me, i wanted to cry and go home...but then i realized that it was just fun the next night.

Not to be a dick, but reading that and visualizing it in my head made me laugh.

higgybaby23
05-01-2007, 02:44 PM
I've only witnessed this behavior at Phish concerts. Everyone was just really excited to be at Coachella.

BlueDevil50
05-01-2007, 02:52 PM
hahaha i LOVED it...yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah. pretty cool how you could actually hear it coming and then passing you by

sweetsick
05-01-2007, 07:39 PM
the first one i heard, right after setting up my tent, was so great.
also, the one after everyone had started returning the last night.

jorluivil
05-01-2007, 09:09 PM
That was AWESOME! Thursday, Saturday and Sunday nights were a non-stop party! This was my first time camping so I was just a bit un-prepared but I'm pretty sure that next year will be even better than 2007!

embers_of_satin
05-01-2007, 09:16 PM
It was fine the first couple times, but after awhile it got quite annoying. Like a bunch of damned monkeys.

ethan
05-01-2007, 09:45 PM
the ones in the middle of the night on saturday scared the shit out of me.

Prongs
05-01-2007, 10:08 PM
At first I thought there was actually something going on over there. But yeah that was really funny. Although at 4 in the morning... hey what was the deal with the cops?

Sari.e
05-01-2007, 10:20 PM
I was completely passed out for the cheering on Sat, but heard it on Friday and Sunday.

daughterxofxexile
05-02-2007, 07:20 AM
i think the best ones were when someone would scream out a name and others would call it and it would just move from F - and on hahaha

sosadheis
05-02-2007, 09:01 AM
my campmates and i were talking about how much we were going to miss this. this morning i got up for work and it was dead silent. i had the urge to yell out, but the fun is over. instead of thousands of people cheering, i'd probably just get the police at my door. oh wait.....not so different after all.

MikeWeez
05-02-2007, 09:03 AM
awesome !

amyzzz
05-02-2007, 10:55 AM
I felt that way Thursday night when I couldn't get any sleep. By Sunday, it was OK because I was partying too at that point.

PrettyRagdoll
05-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Not to be a dick, but reading that and visualizing it in my head made me laugh.

lol, me too

foto_synthesis
05-03-2007, 08:27 AM
I remember we were laying in the tent that first night listening to the "wave" of cheering. Every time it happened we couldn't help but laugh our asses off. I've gotta say that the wave plus the karaoke made the first night camping the best.

DredheadV2.0
05-03-2007, 08:45 AM
My favorite single part of camping.
Dont know how it got started, but it ruled. Hard.

+1

It was like hearing a storm front coming in. Rockawesome.

Senor Cardgage
05-03-2007, 10:08 AM
I remember we were laying in the tent that first night listening to the "wave" of cheering. Every time it happened we couldn't help but laugh our asses off. I've gotta say that the wave plus the karaoke made the first night camping the best.

Where in the hell was the karaoke?
I kept hearing ABOUT it, but I went all over late Thurs night and couldnt find it.

Shyeviolett
05-03-2007, 10:40 AM
I kept hearing ABOUT it, but I went all over late Thurs night and couldnt find it.

Beer tent, till 11 or so :)

Senor Cardgage
05-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Dag yo.
We had just gotten camp finished at that time.

Next year were gonna arrive mad earlier to make friends. Maybe even help niggaz be settin up they tents too.

Mr. E
05-03-2007, 11:47 AM
it was SICK!!!!!!

A((wake))
05-04-2007, 10:10 AM

You COULDN'T HEAR the drunk asses singing Tool and Metallica? Holy lord was it terrible.

Senor Cardgage
05-04-2007, 10:30 AM
We might have just gotten in too late for it.
GOt in around 10 and there was lots of craziness just setting up camp.

Next year we come earlier.

idrive1life
05-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Yup, awesome! Who the f revived this thread? - I miss it! (Oopps -me! ... What's going on?)

JClemy
05-13-2007, 02:19 PM
We got there at like 8 and wanted to get in on the draw but no one at the gates could tell us where to get tickets. lame. The cheering was fantastic though and we camped right near the bar/karaoke. me ended up missing it though and hung out with friends outside our campsite.

ediger
05-13-2007, 03:51 PM
hahaha i LOVED it...yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah. pretty cool how you could actually hear it coming and then passing you by

that was so cool. It was like standing in the highway when a convoy of 18 wheelers is coming at you

Boourns
12-29-2007, 08:33 AM
Ah yeah, that was good times. At least the first night when I still had a strong enough voice.

As for karaoke, by the time I made it over there (had a lot of camply responsibilities), they weren't doing it anymore. I was camped right by karaoke in 2006 and could hear every second of it. "Schism" has to be the worst song ever for karaoke, but I learned this at a wedding in 2005.

faxman75
12-29-2007, 01:27 PM
I love it. It's funny. It bugs some people but it's a blast to laugh at and participate in. It's like excited anticipation.

I love camping!

jenja
01-02-2008, 09:37 PM
seriously though, just thinking of it makes me want to be back in the sea of tents!! :)

microserfs21
01-06-2008, 06:07 PM
My gf at the time and I quite enjoyed the cascading screaming as it would give us an opportunity to be loud while having sex.

gratytrainridesagain
01-06-2008, 06:28 PM
"Schism" has to be the worst song ever for karaoke, but I learned this at a wedding in 2005.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of a weird song to sing at a wedding. But yes almost every Tool song was butchered that year

Heresy
01-08-2008, 02:53 PM

I almost spat my chocolate milk out after reading this.

Now I want to go camping.......

digitalface
01-11-2008, 12:30 PM
If you think it's way coolio at Coachy, you should hear it @ Burning Man. You can hear the wave coming from a few miles away. Like WOAH.

Gyrus
01-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Yeah I love how it usually starts with like one really loud dude and you can usually hear it, like a high pitch wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo(fades out) and than everyone follows, gold, pure fucking gold, the vibe was electric that first night, everyone just gets so fucking pumped!!!!
Last year I made the mistake of drinking a whole bottle of aftershock with these canadian dudes on the first night and going to bed without eating anything... bad move... woke up in the morning, had a sip of powerade and than plaaahahhhhhhhhh all over the shop spewing. Although, after I spewed while I was leaning against one of the bins and I got to meet 2 awesome people that I ended up hanging out with for the rest of the weekend :)

iuseblenders
01-14-2008, 04:13 PM
At first I thought there was actually something going on over there. But yeah that was really funny. Although at 4 in the morning... hey what was the deal with the cops?

Because a whole shit load of people we'ren't going to bed after 'quiet time'. Cops and helicopters arrived and then about ten police cars lined the back fence. They lined the fence in full riot gear and intructed the rowdy campers (Rage fans) to go to their tents or they would take action. The cops never did anything because they were afraid of starting a riot. It eventually turned into and drum circle and the cops left.

One of my favorite memories of 07.

nmballa
01-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Ha, that shit took place almost right on top of my campsite. The cops were all over. We had the site with the white unicorn on the pole. The last night we hauled into the drum circle and next thing I know crowd goes wild and lites that thing on fire. Nuts...