PDA

View Full Version : Rage Coachella T-Shirts

robdog983
05-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Does anybody know where I can get me an authentic ratm coachella t-shirt? I was so pist. I only went sun. for rage and they were completely sold out of the red, white, and black t shirts in sizes med and large. could anybody help me?

McAwesome
05-02-2007, 12:11 AM
I got one in the parking lot sunday night for $10:thu

caco0283
05-02-2007, 01:26 AM
Does anybody know where I can get me an authentic ratm coachella t-shirt? I was so pist. I only went sun. for rage and they were completely sold out of the red, white, and black t shirts in sizes med and large. could anybody help me?

have you thought of having a bigger taste to music than just rage??? if you did you would of gone friday to see bjork and bought a rage shirt.....if you did you would of gone saturday to see the rapture and aracade fire and you could of bought a shirt....but since you havent you have to suffer....i actually got 3 rage shirts not for me for other people

thats all i have to say....meditate on that and you will become less of an idiot

MarkO
05-02-2007, 03:39 PM
I'd love to see where those tees where made. It would be so ironic if they were made in Bangladesh or Haiti or some other sweat shop.

SubBass49
05-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Yeah...I was laughing my ass off at every person who bought a "Battle of Coachella" t-shirt. It was kind of pitiful. I like Rage and all, but those shirts were the definition of lame.

Courtney
05-02-2007, 04:30 PM
"Battle of Coachella" t-shirt

Were those t-shirts meant to be ironic? It seemed to me like they were basically admitting that they were once a political band but now by doing this reunion are just basically selling out to the wallets of mostly middle to upper class white kids. Or at least, that's how I interpreted the t-shirt. Because unlike Los Angeles, what sort of "battle" is going to happen at Coachella?

Am I missing something?

gaypalmsprings
05-02-2007, 04:34 PM
I have a red XL Battle of Coachella t-shirt. It says on the label that it's made by 10 year old slave children in Bangladesh.

Actually, it says "Made in Mexico of USA Fabric" - that's just silly. But that's what it says.

SubBass49
05-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Wow...sad. Yeah...I actually pondered starting a website dedicated to commercialized rebellion because of seeing the crowd at Nightwatchman. Everyone in their brand new "Battle of Coachella" shirts and their crispy new green army hats with red stars. Quite a few Che shirts too...though I got a kick out of the guy at Kid Beyond wearing a "Cliche' Guevara" shirt. lol

I wanted to take pics of all of them and post 'em...that'd be funny

rebel86
05-02-2007, 05:22 PM
have you thought of having a bigger taste to music than just rage??? if you did you would of gone friday to see bjork and bought a rage shirt.....if you did you would of gone saturday to see the rapture and aracade fire and you could of bought a shirt....but since you havent you have to suffer....i actually got 3 rage shirts not for me for other people

thats all i have to say....meditate on that and you will become less of an idiot

what an asshole.

barrett90
05-03-2007, 02:57 AM

soulfly_42
05-03-2007, 07:13 AM
Were those t-shirts meant to be ironic? It seemed to me like they were basically admitting that they were once a political band but now by doing this reunion are just basically selling out to the wallets of mostly middle to upper class white kids. Or at least, that's how I interpreted the t-shirt. Because unlike Los Angeles, what sort of "battle" is going to happen at Coachella?

Am I missing something?

it was a gathering of like minded people and not at all just about your so called battle of L.A witch lost its battle years ago. thats why L.A is the worst city in the U.S. and thats why people keep leaving and coming to the center of the world...L.V.

bdfsh
05-03-2007, 10:46 AM
i think the "battle of coachella" was just there wity way of intergrading an old rage picture with a memorable "coachella" label.
i thought that was pretty obvious?

i thought buying a rage shirt may have been somewhat hipocritical, but giving thought to it, i enjoy the artistic expression and i dont mind supporting the band and the message that goes with, so i havent shame in sporting one of these fine tees.
i do think its somewhat bullshit if you dont even like rage and just bought the shirt because it was THE reunion, but the world is full of these people so all we CAN do is support what we believe in and let others do waht makes them happy.

wastern
05-03-2007, 02:47 PM
I got a red one in large on Sunday right before Rage played, I'm surprised they said there was none left when you went. I would have much rather had a white one, and I think the large is too big for me, but it was all they had left. I'm just hoping it shrinks a little

Courtney
05-03-2007, 02:51 PM
i think the "battle of coachella" was just there wity way of intergrading an old rage picture with a memorable "coachella" label.
i thought that was pretty obvious?

Well yeah, I think that's one level of reading it. And probably about as much as the band's manager or whoever signed off on the t-shirt design considered. But I wonder if perhaps the t-shirt designer intended another, deeper level of meaning, poking fun at the band's corporate ambitions?

It's funny to me.

dontfeedthebird
05-03-2007, 02:59 PM

I only came for Bjork.

marooko
05-04-2007, 12:02 PM

it's because of people like you that the other person didn't get a shirt. its also why i got a small and not a medium. some people may not have had enough to go all 3 days. you ever think of that. and another note, i totally dig Bjork, the chili peppers, felix the house cat, dj heather, amy winehouse, black keys, stephen marley, ghostface and so on and so forth. but i also have a job and other priorities. ususally im not this rude but come on now. i only went sunday also, and missed out on shirts, and im sure a big part of it is again, because of people like you. my brother asked me to buy him a sweater, but you know what?, he wasnt there and he's gonna go to rick the bells. so he can get one there.

marooko
05-04-2007, 12:05 PM

Am I missing something?

uh yeah you are. the battle of los angeles. i dont remember hearing about any battles there. hmmm. oh wait, and "illegal immigration battle?" that ive heard of. i always question that about rage myself. but they need to get thier message out somehow right?

rideincircles
05-04-2007, 05:09 PM
I saw about six people in Las Vegas walking around with the shirt on Monday night. Myself included, it is an obvious sign you went to Coachella.

SubBass49
05-04-2007, 09:24 PM
As is a nice tan, sun-induced cold sores, rings under your eyes, and sore feet...lol

johnm1848
05-06-2007, 09:10 AM
uh yeah you are. the battle of los angeles. i dont remember hearing about any battles there. hmmm. oh wait, and "illegal immigration battle?" that ive heard of. i always question that about rage myself. but they need to get thier message out somehow right?

April 29, 1992 was the battle of LA. 15 years to the day of the L.A. riots RATM has a reunion after a 7 year hiatus. Anyone else on here have a brain?

Oh and the "Battle of Coachella" shirts was just a fun spin on an old design, it has no deeper meaning you zealots.

woogie846
05-06-2007, 09:34 AM

I still love how no one answers his question.

Try the Coachella Store online, they might have something.

woogie846
05-06-2007, 09:36 AM
April 29, 1992 was the battle of LA. 15 years to the day of the L.A. riots RATM has a reunion after a 7 year hiatus. Anyone else on here have a brain?

Oh and the "Battle of Coachella" shirts was just a fun spin on an old design, it has no deeper meaning you zealots.

Finally.

sonofhal
05-06-2007, 09:45 AM
I wanted a T-Shirt with all the band names on - they were all sold out in my size on sunday. Maybe if more people had a blinkered taste in music, i could have got one. Damn you Coachella attendees and your good taste.

clockwork123
05-06-2007, 10:57 AM
FYI thankfully someone bought up a few extra rage battle of coachella shirts over the Coachella wkend! if you needed the black rage against the machine shirt and they were sold out check out ebay. i just scored a black battle of coachella shirt from there myself!

suprefan
05-06-2007, 11:42 AM
FYI thankfully someone bought up a few extra rage battle of coachella shirts over the Coachella wkend! if you needed the black rage against the machine shirt and they were sold out check out ebay. i just scored a black battle of coachella shirt from there myself!

Oh shut up...... Yeah, you bought them, we are not that dumb.

marooko
05-07-2007, 06:53 AM

Oh and the "Battle of Coachella" shirts was just a fun spin on an old design, it has no deeper meaning you zealots.that was the battle of LA. oh....i thought that was a bunch of idiots crapping in thier own homes. burning their own shit down. what am i supposed to take from that. uh lets see...."we are fighting this war to show how ignorant we are. so much so that we burn down our own city and beat people up that have nothing to do with nothing. thats a real good fight to pick. i would have kept that to myself.

SubBass49
05-07-2007, 07:20 AM
LOL...seriously. I understand riots in certain situations, but the LA riots in 92 were pretty retarded. They were a few short miles from some of the richest areas in the nation, but destroyed their own neighborhoods & businesses instead. As Carlos "played out" Mencia would say, "Dee d Dee."

mjanosik
05-07-2007, 11:17 AM

odd, the guy selling all the black rage shirts on ebay is the same person...hmmm, I wonder if it has anything to do with this douchebag. I mean, Who the fuck says "Thankfully all the shirts were bought up and are now for sale on ebay." That makes alot of sense. I hope you don't sell shit you fucking twat.

mjanosik
05-07-2007, 11:21 AM
I just realized that assclown got banned for making the same posts in like 18 other threads. Kudos to whoever discovered that and banned this fuckwad.

johnm1848
05-07-2007, 08:38 PM
that was the battle of LA. oh....i thought that was a bunch of idiots crapping in thier own homes. burning their own shit down. what am i supposed to take from that. uh lets see...."we are fighting this war to show how ignorant we are. so much so that we burn down our own city and beat people up that have nothing to do with nothing. thats a real good fight to pick. i would have kept that to myself.

You don't read much do you? "The battle of L.A." doesn't literally mean a battle, idiot. I agree that the riots didn't change anything and it is retarded to burn your own stuff when you are mad at everyone else. But the symbolism is what the Harvard educated musicians that came up with the album title were going for. Get an education buddy.

marooko
05-08-2007, 09:16 AM
You don't read much do you? "The battle of L.A." doesn't literally mean a battle, idiot. I agree that the riots didn't change anything and it is retarded to burn your own stuff when you are mad at everyone else. But the symbolism is what the Harvard educated musicians that came up with the album title were going for. Get an education buddy.

harvard educated "Musician" singular, smarty pants. or should i say dummy pants. yeah its pretty obvious its used as sybolism, and stupid symbolism in my opion. im a total rage fan and agree with many things they say, but what ever symbolized battle it refers to is just dumb. ive heard so many reasons for the riots and the only one that even remotley makes sense to me is people just wanted to fuck some stuff up. and yeah maybe you read a lot but it doesnt seem like you actually understand what you read. i was calling it the battle in reference to you calling it the battle. by the way all the education in the world wont help someone with out common sense. and so you dont misinterpret that. its not an attack on you. its a general statement. but this one is to you. becareful who you tell to get educated cause your always gonna get caught in something you say. it seems to me the people who tell others to get educated are the ones with no real life experiences who obviuusly think their elite in some way.

shoegazer76
05-08-2007, 09:48 AM
I would just like to say that Rage is the most hippocritical band of our time. They sold those communist hats with the red star on them branded with their capitalist name on the side which are the biggest fashionable oxymoron ever! I don't even now how much they cost but in China they would be damn near free, unlike the little kids that problably sewed them together. Do they even sing about communism or communist lifestyles? Hell no they don't & they wouldn't sell any albums if they did. I would like to see them go to some real communist countries to live & see how many albums or tickets they sell there. Back in the day when they first started out they weren't about any of this red star bullshit & they were rock heroes. Now their just taking someone elses failed bad idea (communism) & making it a cool marketing tool. They have joined the ranks of Macy's department store.

landa321
05-08-2007, 07:35 PM
i have an extra black rage shirt size large.

i will sell to you for $200

chrisandkim
05-09-2007, 04:34 AM
on a side note did against me! play cliche guevera during there set i only caught the end of it that would of been the perfect song for the weekend with all the che shirts all over

SubBass49
05-09-2007, 04:47 AM
Awwww...they have a song called that? Well there goes the inventiveness of that hand-made shirt I saw...and I thought that guy was just really creative...

ya'll ruined it for me...lol

BeeII
05-09-2007, 06:39 AM
Awwww...they have a song called that? Well there goes the inventiveness of that hand-made shirt I saw...and I thought that guy was just really creative...

ya'll ruined it for me...lol

I wore this on Friday, dunno

http://jitcrunch.cafepress.com/jitcrunch.aspx?bG9hZD1ibGFuayxibGFuazoyX0YuanBnfGx vYWQ9TDAsaHR0cDovL2ltYWdlcy5jYWZlcHJlc3MuY29tL2ltY WdlLzg4NTk2MjNfNDAweDQwMC5qcGd8fHNjYWxlPUwwLDExOSw xMTksV2hpdGV8Y29tcG9zZT1ibGFuayxMMCxBZGQsMTgwLDEyN XxjcD1yZXN1bHQsYmxhbmt8c2NhbGU9cmVzdWx0LDAsNDgwLFd oaXRlfGNvbXByZXNzaW9uPTk1fA==

and all this anti-rage talk, i think there's people that just go along with whatever without ever truly understanding what's going on. a lot of young people are simply frustrated. I think RAtM is geniune in their beliefs however.

R3d Snapper
05-10-2007, 12:10 AM
I would just like to say that Rage is the most hippocritical band of our time. They sold those communist hats with the red star on them branded with their capitalist name on the side which are the biggest fashionable oxymoron ever! I don't even now how much they cost but in China they would be damn near free, unlike the little kids that problably sewed them together. Do they even sing about communism or communist lifestyles? Hell no they don't & they wouldn't sell any albums if they did. I would like to see them go to some real communist countries to live & see how many albums or tickets they sell there. Back in the day when they first started out they weren't about any of this red star bullshit & they were rock heroes. Now their just taking someone elses failed bad idea (communism) & making it a cool marketing tool. They have joined the ranks of Macy's department store.

What communist countries? There has been no true example of communism in history. They aren't even communist. You can't generalize them into that specific of a political group, they are individuals after all. The best you can say without sounding like an idiot is that they are leftist. They adopted the use of the red star from the Zapatistas. Its funny that you attack the irony of sweat shop labor, cause i'm betting most, if not all that you're wearing was made in a sweat shop. Stop watching fox news and grab a book.

marooko
05-10-2007, 07:01 AM
What communist countries? There has been no true example of communism in history. They aren't even communist. You can't generalize them into that specific of a political group, they are individuals after all. The best you can say without sounding like an idiot is that they are leftist. They adopted the use of the red star from the Zapatistas. Its funny that you attack the irony of sweat shop labor, cause i'm betting most, if not all that you're wearing was made in a sweat shop. Stop watching fox news and grab a book.

do you hve any room to talk? i assume your a "leftist", and the only thing you got is fox news. i was talking to a friend of mine who was saying stuff about all these conservative news networks and this and that and blah blah blah. so i ask him ......"like who?" and he says oh...fow news....well....who else?, um.....uh....uhhh...... i didnt think so. let it go dude. its old news. both of you. even the supposed conservative party isnt even conservative anymore. are you guys really that blind? were you there to hear zachs speech? it saddens me to still hear people talk about such minor shit like right and left. commie this righty that. yawn.

R3d Snapper
05-10-2007, 03:22 PM
do you hve any room to talk? i assume your a "leftist", and the only thing you got is fox news. i was talking to a friend of mine who was saying stuff about all these conservative news networks and this and that and blah blah blah. so i ask him ......"like who?" and he says oh...fow news....well....who else?, um.....uh....uhhh...... i didnt think so. let it go dude. its old news. both of you. even the supposed conservative party isnt even conservative anymore. are you guys really that blind? were you there to hear zachs speech? it saddens me to still hear people talk about such minor shit like right and left. commie this righty that. yawn.

You sound like a frat boy whose only talent is getting shit faced. Although given your age, grammar and logic mistakes theres a slim possibility you even attended college. I wasn't even making the fox news comment my main point. Although, if you want to talk conservative bias in the media thats a completely different thread. If your response is some sort of rebuttal you missed the bulk of my argument, thus you fail at achieving any sort of cohesive intelligent response.

orbit
05-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Back in the days, one of Tom Morello's guitars had 'Sendero Luminoso' written on it. They also used to distribute writings about the support to this guerrilla group and another one called MRTA in some of their concerts.

And for the record:

Shining Path = Sendero Luminoso = The most atrocious, dangerous and violent terrorist group in Peru's history.

MRTA = Movimiento Revolucionario Tupac Amaru = The second most dangerous terrorist group in Peru.

Hopefully Rage Against the Machine changed their minds about who were they supporting to.

marooko
05-11-2007, 07:15 AM
You sound like a frat boy whose only talent is getting shit faced. Although given your age, grammar and logic mistakes theres a slim possibility you even attended college. I wasn't even making the fox news comment my main point. Although, if you want to talk conservative bias in the media thats a completely different thread. If your response is some sort of rebuttal you missed the bulk of my argument, thus you fail at achieving any sort of cohesive intelligent response.

although i was pretty good in english class im not an english teacher and i wasnt aware i was being graded in this thread. yeah political bias conservative or liberal would be better posted somewhere else, but it seems like you missed my point also as jumbled as it was i admit. by the way you wanna borrow some money?...lol. hopefully you get that. anyway, my point was mainly about the fox news bit. yes i understand that was "not" the meat and potatos of your post. i was simply making a comment about that. that seems to be the only news station people qoute as being supposedly conservative. let me take it back to the old school for a sec. "it takes one to know one" ....so ill give you a little bit of credit....backhanded anyway. im not a frat boy so either your not and you dont know any or you just dont know much. its also very possible like many leftist i know your very open minded to people with the same opinion as your self and extyremely judgemental to the rest. yeah yeah yeah, im not using paragraphs either i know calm domw miss. such-n-such. also you seem like the kind of person that just hears what they wanna hear (or reads in this case) and not actually whats been said. again so you dont miss it. "it was a response about the FOX news statment." not about the band being or not being communist. <-----hey.....haha. check this move out teach.

For the record i attended a tech school to further my trade skills. not my grammar skills. and as for logic...."all the challenges that we face, they go way beyond administrations, way beyond elections way beyond every four years of pulling levers..."-Zach De LA Rocha. when you see that then we can talk about logic.

and i dont like to get shitfaced. try not to be so rude. i wasnt using foul language. i can if you ant but id rather not. this is gonna go on forever. also you do too much reasearch when talking to people on the internet. time to get to work. later hun.

SFChrissy
05-11-2007, 07:35 AM
I wonder how much of the proceeds of the sales of these shirts went to some of the causes Rage supports like Zach and his involvement with habitat for humanity in mexico?

marooko
05-11-2007, 09:11 AM

been meaning to answer this.....im in the same boat. although i was able to get a small it barley fits me. its says battle of LA on it though. wish i could help bud. people are selling them on ebay but im not gonna support those crooks. and i dont suggest you do. try to catch them at Rock the bells is all i can say. also if you find a reputable place let us all know.

johnm1848
05-11-2007, 03:00 PM
You sound like a frat boy whose only talent is getting shit faced.

Yeah frat boys are retards. Retards who graduate and become people like:

President & CEO, Nike
President Starbucks
Astronauts
President of The United States of America
Supreme Court Justices
etc.
etc.
etc.

Damn am I upset I joined one in college. I ended up getting laid by many women all the time, getting wasted way to often, developing friendships far stronger than any I had with high school or other friends, and am doomed to live a life of happiness and success thanks to the brotherhood surrounding me.

Wheres the beef?
05-11-2007, 03:20 PM
it was a gathering of like minded people and not at all just about your so called battle of L.A witch lost its battle years ago. thats why L.A is the worst city in the U.S. and thats why people keep leaving and coming to the artificial center of the world...L.V.

fixed

Wheres the beef?
05-11-2007, 03:22 PM

President & CEO, Nike
President Starbucks
Astronauts
Supreme Court Justices
etc.
etc.
etc.

Damn am I upset I joined one in college. I ended up getting laid by many women all the time, getting wasted way to often, developing friendships far stronger than any I had with high school or other friends, and am doomed to live a life of happiness and success thanks to the brotherhood surrounding me.

And for what? Only a couple thousand dollars a year! SOrry I made numerous friends and laid many women because of my personality skills. Not because I paid a fee and they were forced to hang out with me. But, from what I hear, at some colleges, joining a frat/sorority is really the only thing. Guess I went to a school where people could see beyond that cause frats were definitely not the "in" thing at my school.

SubBass49
05-11-2007, 06:57 PM
And for what? Only a couple thousand dollars a year! SOrry I made numerous friends and laid many women because of my personality skills. Not because I paid a fee and they were forced to hang out with me. But, from what I hear, at some colleges, joining a frat/sorority is really the only thing. Guess I went to a school where people could see beyond that cause frats were definitely not the "in" thing at my school.

DITTO. Buy your friends...I'll earn mine the old-fashioned way.

EDIT: Oh, and PS...I wouldn't be bragging about the president, the CEO of NIKE, or several of the Supreme Court Justices...they're bastards.

psychic friend
05-11-2007, 07:33 PM
i love these threads. good entertaining arguments from all sides. smart, dumb, immature, experienced, etc. Coachella Free Thoughts!!! woooo

johnm1848
05-12-2007, 07:13 PM
DITTO. Buy your friends...I'll earn mine the old-fashioned way.

EDIT: Oh, and PS...I wouldn't be bragging about the president, the CEO of NIKE, or several of the Supreme Court Justices...they're bastards.

Ahh,, you guys just don't get it, nor will you ever. You missed out on so many amazing experiences and incredible potential for future gain via a network across the country of strangers who will open doors for you. For the record I was referring to several Presidents the USA has had. Here is some more food for thought: 60% of senators are in a fraternity.

SubBass49
05-12-2007, 08:43 PM
And my bet is that 70% are corrupt...I wonder what the overlay is on those two stats?

RATMATL420
05-13-2007, 03:51 AM
i bought a total of 12 Battle of Coachella shirts (i bought for myself only the Black one and red one, the rest were friends that couldnt make it). I also purchased the black sweatshirt hoodie with the Red Star and RATM in the middle of it (looks incredible). But out of all my purchases the best was the RATM Coachella Shirts in the parking lot for $10, the quality and design far surpassed the other tshirts sold inside. If i the inside RATM vs. outside was the same price i am picking the outside (then considering it was only 35% the price of the inside it was a no-brainer.

marooko
05-14-2007, 02:18 PM

President & CEO, Nike
President Starbucks
Astronauts
Supreme Court Justices
etc.
etc.
etc.

You know thats one of the things i missed by not going to a traditional college. Ive met a couple of "frat boys" in my day also. for the most part pretty cool guys. and in response to some of the responders to your statment. There always a bad apple in every group. some groups are groups od bad apples. some just have a few. i must now bow out of this for a while for personal reasons. thats you all for your views and opions be they educated or not.

kyledevre
05-15-2007, 09:22 AM
wow i wanted to maybe find a shirt, but whatever is going on in here is lame, every thread is people arguing about rage, get over it, you like em then like em, you dont then dont. dont get ur fuckin panties in a bunch over it

el_harderino
05-15-2007, 10:22 PM

The guy was asking an honest question, perhaps he isn't blessed with his daddy's money and couldn't go all three days eh? If you don't have a shirt you want to sell then please do everyone a favour and shut the fuck up :)