PDA

View Full Version : HAS ANYONE PUT A YOUTUBE VIDEO OF CAMPGROUND CRAZINESS UP???

voltavoltavolta!!!
05-01-2007, 12:12 AM
i know there were people filming all the shit going down on saturday night, has anyone put it up on youtube yet?

Tongaboy
05-01-2007, 01:16 AM
Do you know what happened exactly? I was at the campground and I could never get the full story of what the police did.

voltavoltavolta!!!
05-01-2007, 09:23 AM
to the best of my knowledge, they were just kind of there... i heard some dude got tazed, but im sure he did something- probably hit a cop or something.

DSN1138
05-01-2007, 09:26 AM
there was a drum circle after the show and at about 3 they were told to stop and they said no. so the cops came and one of the guys got tazed for taking a picture of them.. thats what I heard and I was about 4 tents away when it was happening

faxman75
05-01-2007, 09:58 AM
He got tazed for taking a picture?

Nah that's not excessive....WTF!!

x420timex
05-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Not video's but a few good pics

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/2307/93088584sh8.jpg (http://img107.imageshack.us/my.php?image=93088584sh8.jpg)
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/8564/51607290yv7.jpg (http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=51607290yv7.jpg)

Shyeviolett
05-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Damn, they had a dog there?

send me ctrpllrs
05-01-2007, 07:54 PM
I slept through all of that. I think I went to bed at like 130 on saturday night. Obviously heard about it though.

Did anything ever happen sunday night around the fire where everybody was hanging out? I was wondering where security/cops were that whole time. I left at like 4 am.

ediger
05-01-2007, 08:32 PM
that was some insane stuff. The dude who got tasered was one of the first to take pictures, according to his friend who I spoke to soon after. Lucky guy was trying to get a hold of the guys girlfriend to tell her what happened. If that was in fact the reason he got tasered, that is ridiculous.

Anyway, I was pretty impressed with the crowd on a whole through that. It really showed what peaceful protest can accomplish

DredheadV2.0
05-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Anyway, I was pretty impressed with the crowd on a whole through that. It really showed what peaceful protest can accomplish

Peaceful my ass. Those mooks were louder than the police by a long shot, chopper included. I wanted the cops to drop napalm on 'em so I could finally get some sleep... well, once the screaming in agony from being burnt alive was over.

jorluivil
05-01-2007, 10:05 PM
there was a drum circle after the show and at about 3 they were told to stop and they said no. so the cops came and one of the guys got tazed for taking a picture of them.. thats what I heard and I was about 4 tents away when it was happening

that's pretty much it. I don't know who's idea it was to call in the police but it was a pretty stupid idea. I was in the crowd and never saw anyone acting stupid, breaking shit, starting fires or fighting. The best thing the cops did was leave, once they left that was pretty much it.

I saw the guy that was being man handled by the police but it didn't look like he was tazed, police don't jump on you when you're being tazed. When someone is tazed the officers will stay back until you follow their instructions, but this guy was manhandled instantly.

Anyway, I had a great time at the show, camped out from Thursday night until Sunday, left early Monday morning. Looking forward to 2008!!!

wisconsinboozer
05-01-2007, 10:08 PM
enter some key words in on youtube and youll get the answer. theres probably some pretty interesting videos on there, kinda wish i wasnt in J tree the whole time

imrad
05-01-2007, 11:15 PM
oh but when the cops finally left everyone was singing and waving the peace sign. i was impressed as well, as one would probably expect middle fingers flying everywhere. i just thought the whole thing was ridiculous, particularly the helicopter.

hitthenorth
05-02-2007, 06:20 AM
I was asleep until that fucking riot helicopter idiot turned up. I pity the fool that came up with that idea. Did nobody think that such actions might insight more agro or is that what they wanted?

daughterxofxexile
05-02-2007, 08:19 AM
lol i saved those pics :P dam you guys for not letting me sleep

ediger
05-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Peaceful my ass. Those mooks were louder than the police by a long shot, chopper included. I wanted the cops to drop napalm on 'em so I could finally get some sleep... well, once the screaming in agony from being burnt alive was over.

:lool

If you don't like parties, don't camp at festival campgrounds. There's will ALWAYS be parties. It's a fact, fuckin deal with it.

It was in fact peaceful. When those cops came in, people could have started a real riot. But no, there wasn't any fighting of any sort. Just people having a good time, meeting new people and showing those fucking cops that nobody was doing anything wrong.

If those rich pricks in the condos (who I have heard called in the noise complaint) don't like to deal with the noise, go out of town for the weekend. They have the money, it's only one weekend a year and they know exactly when it's going to be.

Tongaboy
05-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Fucking condos. It's like being back in High School when every party got called in by that one old neighbor. Didn't we pay to avoid that shit? Great pictures of the cops. I smell bacon.

Dizzan
05-02-2007, 10:13 PM
I already posted this but i just had to do it twice its too damn funny. http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c295/reaktone/P4290094.jpg

wisconsinboozer
05-03-2007, 06:24 AM
drama = a good time and a good story, ill have to try it out next time because Joshua tree got old quick

DredheadV2.0
05-03-2007, 07:07 AM
If you don't like parties, don't camp at festival campgrounds. There's will ALWAYS be parties. It's a fact, fuckin deal with it.

What's so hard about respecting the people around you? Is that not a thing Canadians do anymore? You trying to prove you're different from Americans by being even bigger tools than we can possibly be?

Screaming RATM lyrics at the top of your fucking lungs it not "peaceful" by the way.

tripcalifornia
05-03-2007, 02:58 PM
I found a decent video clip on Youtube that was set to a Rage song - how fitting. I put it in my myspace blog at the very bottom. I'm having trouble embedding it on here for some reason, so here's the link to my blog page with it:
http://blog.myspace.com/maggieyoung

Most of the ones I found on YouTube were really dark and you couldn't really make anything out. If anyone finds links to decent quality videos, please post them!