PDA

View Full Version : Impeach Bush, Iraqi Vets Against the War Blah blah blah

faxman75
04-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Sorry Delta, I know you love this shit but jesus christ on a stick! Everyone and their fucking mothers was runing around with those damn bandana's.

I assumed most of them were sheep just buying into the hype and that makes them no better than the sheepherder who keeps feeding us the bullshit.

To much propaganda. I just felt bad for the soldiers. I don't quite understand their agenda either. I think they just need some support after being over in that fucked up war but as a volunteer sign up for the US military you know going in there is a chance you are going to be put in situations that you may not agree with you morally, religously or politcally. I want the war to end tomorrow but I don't want my soldiers demoralizing eachother and causing conflict while their brothers and sisters in arms are still over there fighting.

Bush is inconsequential at this point. Impeaching him is kind of a huge waste of tax dollars much like the Clinton impeachment was. We all know he's a peice of garbage and we saw his true colors.

jarhead4life
04-30-2007, 08:53 PM
I was in Iraq and I'm against the $7 dollar Heinieken at the BEER Garden. Bring in a better sponsor next year. I risk my life in Iraq, to come back to some hot a5s, nasty, import beer!! WTF!!? Where's the American Beer?!!

Adam2uBer
04-30-2007, 10:22 PM
I wanted to go up to that "Iraqi Vets Against the War" tent and ask them where the "Iraqi Vets for the War" tent was.
I hate how these music events have to turn into some political bullshit. Support your fellow countrymen who are serving in this war, whether you believe it is for a rightful cause or a lost cause.

DeltaSigChi4
05-01-2007, 08:36 AM
The only way to "support your fellow countrymen" is to bring them back from there. Period.

And if you don't like it, don't go to Coachella next year. No one is forcing you to go. Imbecile.

E

faxman75
05-01-2007, 09:00 AM
The only way to "support your fellow countrymen" is to bring them back from there. Period.

And if you don't like it, don't go to Coachella next year. No one is forcing you to go. Imbecile.

E

A simple "well said faxman" would have done Delta.

Thank you.

faxman75
05-01-2007, 11:27 AM
I would think an upside down american flag is an appropriate form of protest against the administration.

hangthedj112
05-01-2007, 11:42 AM
I thought the whole revolution tent was cute, trying to distribute their pamphlets to people yapping on their 400$ cellphones in designer sunglasses.

DeltaSigChi4
05-01-2007, 02:31 PM
but my best friend who was with me, and many of my very close friends are Marines ....

I don't give a fuck you fucking idiot.

I served in IraK.

E

BeeII
05-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Sorry Delta, I know you love this shit but jesus christ on a stick! Everyone and their fucking mothers was runing around with those damn bandana's.

I assumed most of them were sheep just buying into the hype and that makes them no better than the sheepherder who keeps feeding us the bullshit.

To much propaganda. I just felt bad for the soldiers. I don't quite understand their agenda either. I think they just need some support after being over in that fucked up war but as a volunteer sign up for the US military you know going in there is a chance you are going to be put in situations that you may not agree with you morally, religously or politcally. I want the war to end tomorrow but I don't want my soldiers demoralizing eachother and causing conflict while their brothers and sisters in arms are still over there fighting.

Bush is inconsequential at this point. Impeaching him is kind of a huge waste of tax dollars much like the Clinton impeachment was. We all know he's a peice of garbage and we saw his true colors.

wow, and here i thought it was being sniped on and dying from IEDs were the things demoralizing the troops, when all along it was really hippies passing out flyers at a rock show.

please, please, hippies stop passing out flyers at rock shows, you're hurting the troops. especially stop handing out these flyers at rock shows where the headlining closer features lyrics about violently fighting back against the system and establishing more leftist ideas. please, oh please.

911wasaninsidejob
05-01-2007, 08:27 PM
I wanted to go up to that "Iraqi Vets Against the War" tent and ask them where the "Iraqi Vets for the War" tent was...

It's in Iraq...getting the shit IED'd out of it because Bushie LIED, and wanted more OIL for his buddies, and to knock off one of the thorns in Israel's side...remind me, how well is old Eye-rack goin' for the Invaders?? hehe

I hate how these music events have to turn into some political bullshit. Support your fellow countrymen who are serving in this war, whether you believe it is for a rightful cause or a lost cause.

The Germans (1930's ones, that is) supported their troops in an ILLEGAL war of AGGRESSION too...remind me, how well did that turn out for them?? :)

911wasaninsidejob
05-01-2007, 08:30 PM
I would think an upside down american flag is an appropriate form of protest against the administration.

I KNEW I liked you!! :lool :winkiss

faxman75
05-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Seriously it's harmless, it's a piece of cloth and it's nothing but a symbol. Ok, so it's a symbol of America, not the adminstration. Well, America is a fucked up country if you ask me. Look at the violence and the smiling talking heads on the tv news talking about Paris Hilton one minute and who died today in Iraq the next. It's all garbage and we the great amearicans are big fat fucking pigs eating the garbage every fucking day. We consume to much, we zone out too much, we spend too much. We are fucking pigs. We scream about the price of fucking gas but have no problem going to a baseball game and buying $5 dollar hotdogs and giant fucking foam hands.
We are fucking hypocrates. All of us.

and now we are going to worry about offending people by hanging a piece of cloth a certain way?

Fuck that.

DeltaSigChi4
05-01-2007, 09:18 PM
I don't watch the same radically pro-Israel and pro-ultra conservative shit news you watch.

Listen to NPR and BBC radio, idiot.

E

faxman75
05-02-2007, 08:00 AM
The idiot is the one who assumes. Being pro-Israel is not a bad thing. It's only become a bad thing since the demon Bush shook Sharon's hand, over and over and over again. Israel should be protected and the problem isn't being pro Israel. For someone as educated as you are, it seems you are still ignorant or confused about our freindship with Israel.

DeltaSigChi4
05-02-2007, 08:42 AM
I don't have a friendship with Israel. And I don't support or approve of the U.S. govt's friendship with Israel. They were once oppressed; so fucking what. Now they have decided to systematically become the oppressors. They are a terrorist nation intent on oppressing the weak and committing war crimes against innocent poor people. Sharon was a documented war criminal as both a Military officer and PM. Olmert as well has shown to be a war criminal as PM. Fuck Israel. The jewish people of that region deserve better than that shit govt. Try them, hang them, and move on.

E

HEADSTRUCK
05-02-2007, 08:56 AM
To much propaganda. I just felt bad for the soldiers. I don't quite understand their agenda either.

i feel bad for them 2....dying over there for reasons that are unjust.........faxman maybe u should stop watching fox news and read up on why the bush adm is really fighting this war.

A((wake))
05-02-2007, 09:17 AM
I was laughing hysterically when some guy in a tye-dye shirt came up to me and asked me to be a part of that impeach rally.

He was going off about war crimes and I was like.. uh... he has a fucking year left in his term.

Way to do it now moron.

faxman75
05-02-2007, 10:35 AM
I don't have a friendship with Israel. And I don't support or approve of the U.S. govt's friendship with Israel. They were once oppressed; so fucking what. Now they have decided to systematically become the oppressors. They are a terrorist nation intent on oppressing the weak and committing war crimes against innocent poor people. Sharon was a documented war criminal as both a Military officer and PM. Olmert as well has shown to be a war criminal as PM. Fuck Israel. The jewish people of that region deserve better than that shit govt. Try them, hang them, and move on.

E

So because Sharon was a war criminal the people of Israel are opressors? Israel is not a terrorist nation. I guess you need to clarify between citizens and government as well because I see later you say the people of Israel deserve better.

What I don't understand is why you would join the military and be at the mercy of this government to help them destroy the civilians lives in Iraq. I see why our are angry but you kinda fucked yourself by joining the military, right?

faxman75
05-02-2007, 10:37 AM
i feel bad for them 2....dying over there for reasons that are unjust.........faxman maybe u should stop watching fox news and read up on why the bush adm is really fighting this war.

Not a fox news watcher. Nor am I blog or conspiracy theorist.

coldstart
05-04-2007, 01:53 AM
I was laughing hysterically when some guy in a tye-dye shirt came up to me and asked me to be a part of that impeach rally.

He was going off about war crimes and I was like.. uh... he has a fucking year left in his term.

Way to do it now moron.

Exactly, if they wanted to do something politically progressive, why not campaign for their choice for pres '08 or something. Jeez. Besides, they would have to do the impeachment hearings, etc. which would probably get dragged out for at least a year.

ediger
05-04-2007, 01:46 PM
I love how the people who always are saying "Support Our Troops, I'm sick of this anti-military propaganda!" are simply spreading propaganda themselves, simply from a different angle...

I'm against the war and think that the troops should be home as soon as possible, but I can proudly say I didnt not get a headband or spellout IMPEACH or any of that shit. Maybe 5% of the people involved in that actually have a valid opinion and can state it, the others are all just doing what's trendy. That crap never works because people immediately think "just a bunch of hippies, whoopdeedo"

I had a very good debate with a marine and someone in the airforce when I was down there. The marine had a differing opinion than us, but he was at least able to explain it without getting into personal attacks and was willing to hear out what we had to say. I wish I could have more conversations like that. I came out of that conversation with a wealth of new knowledge, having never spoken to someone who had been over there.

To close. THE TROOPS ARENT TO BLAME, THE ADMINISTRATION IS!!! DON'T TAKE YOUR FRUSTRATION OUT ON THE SOLDIERS (unless you've met them and they're some asshole Rambo type, and yes, they do exist)

faxman75
05-04-2007, 01:53 PM
So did the IMPEACH protest take place? I heard nothing about it.

Isn't a protest supposed to get attention?

This was all just plain sad. No one really gives a fuck.

ediger
05-04-2007, 01:56 PM
I go to Coachella for the music, not for political agenda. I am against the war, but my best friend who was with me, and many of my very close friends are Marines who have served in Iraq, not to mention many of the security personnel are active duty Marines stationed at Twentynine Palms. A little respect for them would be nice. Just a little. We were camping by a tent wit an upside down American flag. That's disrespectful. The bush administration, this "war on terrorism" that's what I'm against. I can appreciate the people who are truly doing something to change this country from the inside out, but the people who think that burning a flag is going to accomplish anything just baffle my mind.

The american people need to either block the government from using the US flag or make their own. I consider myself pretty level headed. I know not to blame the citizens for something their leaders have done, but even I get a little sick when I see the US flag simply because of what it represents.

ediger
05-04-2007, 01:59 PM
So did the IMPEACH protest take place? I heard nothing about it.

Isn't a protest supposed to get attention?

This was all just plain sad. No one really gives a fuck.

Yeah, I heard it was pretty lame, too.

Standing in a field is a shitty form of protest. There are any number of better ways to get noticed. Letter writing campaigns, harmless vandalism, boycotts. Those sort of things work, standing around saying "fuck George Bush!", doesn't.

faxman75
05-04-2007, 03:00 PM
We are such a fucking dumb society to stand there like sheep and participate in such nonsnece. I feel so bad for those who decided to join that. I'm guessing we could have got more accmplished drinking bloody mary's.

ediger
05-05-2007, 01:36 PM
We are such a fucking dumb society to stand there like sheep and participate in such nonsnece. I feel so bad for those who decided to join that. I'm guessing we could have got more accmplished drinking bloody mary's.

fuckineh

sonofhal
05-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Rather than spend millions of pounds of tax payers money impeaching a retard, why not use the money to buy some equipment that works for the troops. (or preferably, some first class plane tickets home)

DredheadV2.0
05-05-2007, 07:43 PM
I don't have a friendship with Israel. And I don't support or approve of the U.S. govt's friendship with Israel. They were once oppressed; so fucking what. Now they have decided to systematically become the oppressors.

E

I said to a Zionist friend a while back: "Looks like the jackboot is on the other foot, now, huh?"

911wasaninsidejob
05-05-2007, 09:30 PM
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/374/stkgermans4002st.gif

Red Ninja
05-05-2007, 10:06 PM
I don't support the war but It would've been nice to see a tent for the Vets who do Support the war. But that wouldn't of gone over quite nicely. Who needs the two sides. One is fine.

summerkid
05-06-2007, 05:16 PM
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/374/stkgermans4002st.gif

okay, whose alias is this?

SubBass49
05-06-2007, 06:34 PM
I know a guy who was in the Army and served his time, and he has started saying he no longer supports the troops. He made his point by saying that the troops now have no excuses to NOT know that the war in Iraq is an illegal war of aggression. Many soldiers have taken a stand and refused to deploy, and he said THOSE are the troops he supports, because they're doing what is right. The rest of 'em he refuses to support. It was shocking at first when I heard it, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. After all, soldiers DO have an obligation to refuse illegal orders...at least that's what we said after WWII when trying the Nazis...

911wasaninsidejob
05-07-2007, 08:16 PM
I know a guy who was in the Army and served his time, and he has started saying he no longer supports the troops. He made his point by saying that the troops now have no excuses to NOT know that the war in Iraq is an illegal war of aggression. Many soldiers have taken a stand and refused to deploy, and he said THOSE are the troops he supports, because they're doing what is right. The rest of 'em he refuses to support. It was shocking at first when I heard it, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. After all, soldiers DO have an obligation to refuse illegal orders...at least that's what we said after WWII when trying the Nazis...

Good post. Glad to see at least SOME of the robots are waking up! :)

GlasgowTexas
05-08-2007, 01:37 PM
My buddy passed the Iraq vets booth. He asked what had changed their minds since they had actually been in the sandbox they would have something to say. The guy just went off in an anti-Bush rant with f-bombs all over the place. It was all angry talking points and generalizarions no specifics and civility.

I had a good discussion with a guy at the Rev Com booth. Although I didn't agree with his politics, he gave his points, I gave mine. All pretty even keel until I had something to say about his abortion t-shirt, then the f-bombs flew again and all the stereotypical...right wing...Christian...facist...he knows nothing about me.

That discussion is for another time.
ok you have your view, I have mine.
What I am saying is if you are there to promote your cause don't just go off on an angry rant and start swearing me up & down and saying "I don't have time for this..." Then why are you here?

ediger
05-08-2007, 02:20 PM

as unpopular of a stance as it is, part of me feels that way as well. Although I wouldn't make the same choices, I can understand when people say they joined the military after the terrorist attacks. That was about as justified as a war will get (although I also think a justified war is somewhat of a paradox). I can't agree with anyone who says the Iraq war is in the least bit justified and in turn can't understand at all why anyone would join the military now.

SubBass49
05-08-2007, 07:15 PM
My support is for the soldiers that were signed up prior to the Iraq war and face the horrible decision of going or not going. They're in one hell of a predicament. Wouldn't want to be in their shoes. I do urge them to stand up for what is right and refuse service in Iraq, but at the same time that also equals a sacrifice of their freedom for a short while in most cases, and having to re-start their lives once they're released. Sometimes doing the right thing comes with a price tag though...

praxis1966
05-13-2007, 09:04 PM
I go to Coachella for the music, not for political agenda. I am against the war, but my best friend who was with me, and many of my very close friends are Marines who have served in Iraq, not to mention many of the security personnel are active duty Marines stationed at Twentynine Palms. A little respect for them would be nice. Just a little. We were camping by a tent wit an upside down American flag. That's disrespectful. The bush administration, this "war on terrorism" that's what I'm against. I can appreciate the people who are truly doing something to change this country from the inside out, but the people who think that burning a flag is going to accomplish anything just baffle my mind.

The problem with your argument is this: Flying a flag upside down is not disrespectful. It actually signifies a nation in crisis, which this one is. As far as the political agenda being pushed at Coachella, well I'm all for it. There are very few places where the anti-war/anti-Bush crowd can reach an audience that large. Besides, just because there's a military base in close proximity is no reason not to voice your opinion. Not to mention that the American war machine is so large and pervasive that I'd wager it'd be pretty difficult to find a venue in this country that didn't have a military base nearby.

No war but class war!!!