PDA

View Full Version : LA Times Article on Camping-Harajuku Mention!

JustSteve
04-30-2007, 08:27 PM
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/coachella/la-me-camping29apr29,1,4391162.story?coll=la-entnews-coachella

"Life was a little grander a few rows down at "Camp Harjaku," an elaborate mini-compound named after a hipster neighborhood in Tokyo that Tom Daniels, 46, and his son Matthew pulled together with 20 or so friends. animals and Japanese cartoon characters hung from brightly colored umbrellas. A solar panel powered an MP3 music player, and amplifiers and a makeshift system of mist-spraying hoses ringed the setup."

djbionik
05-01-2007, 11:38 AM
hah! cool article. Little moments of truth that were observed by just walking around. hahah "wafts of marijuana" yeahp.

billtino
05-01-2007, 11:55 AM
Camp-Harjaku was my official landmark when trying to get back to my tent from the venue. Thanks Camp-Harjaku :)

Where Is The Line
05-02-2007, 12:18 PM
so awesome. reporter was fucking great. kinda hot too. we swayed him by giving him iced coffee in the mornings. also the security too. they loved us. thank to all who came by and showed some love. next year is gonna rock!

Bud Luster
05-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Camp-Harjaku was my official landmark when trying to get back to my tent from the venue. Thanks Camp-Harjaku :)

Agreed! Your camp was brilliant and served as a great landmark. Not to mention you were set up on the "E" marker. : )

Where Is The Line
05-02-2007, 04:39 PM
yah...it was rather ridiculous. we were hit up for drugs all weekend. big surprise right? kinda funny though considering about half of the group was sober. ha ha.