PDA

View Full Version : Who did you meet from the forums?

Adam2uBer
04-30-2007, 06:16 PM
When I was waiting for Kaiser Chiefs to play...I talked to 2 fellow members.

I asked what their names were on the board.

1)SwedishBastard
2)Forgot his name, but he was from Indiana.

I forgot my username on the board and said it was LQAdam..which..it wasn't. Sorry, fellas.

Ill_Eagle
04-30-2007, 07:09 PM
i think i met psychic friend...was she working the entrance thursday? i think she put my camping wristband on....not sure

HOLLA AT ME PF

Toothpick
04-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Did anybody see some kid wearing a white shirt with a drawing of a dog farting? it said "blame the dog"

that was me..

miscorrections
04-30-2007, 09:01 PM
adam, the dude from indiana was MonsoonSeason. he ditched me for kaiser chiefs when i went to see css.

SubBass49
04-30-2007, 09:24 PM
I think I saw Yablonowitz...or at least someone wearing a hat that said DJ Yablo on it...

I also saw a kid wearing a StencilRevolution t-shirt which I KNOW is extremely limited...I used to frequent that site a lot...

OOooh...and I saw someone with a "what happens if someone makes a crime" shirt with an aidz needle on it...

Vericuester
04-30-2007, 10:09 PM
lol, AIDZ needlez! Did a lot of people wear those shirts?

Adam2uBer
04-30-2007, 10:17 PM
adam, the dude from indiana was MonsoonSeason. he ditched me for kaiser chiefs when i went to see css.
Maybe...because I was talking to him in the Kaiser Cheifs crowd.

Does he have glasses?

airguitarvet
05-01-2007, 12:13 AM
best thread ever!

John Peel is My Co-pilot
05-01-2007, 12:53 AM
I met C0linS on Saturday outside the Fratellis show. Both of us in kilts, so it made for an easy ice breaker. Other than that I think I saw Gabe sitting watching Placebo, at least I saw someone matching his description. Other than that, nada...

heatherxxll
05-01-2007, 07:17 AM
I saw the guy who was going to wear his "Tilly & the Fucking Wall" t-shirt while in front for...uh...Tilly & the Wall, go freaking figure :)

miscorrections
05-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Maybe...because I was talking to him in the Kaiser Cheifs crowd.

Does he have glasses?

sure does. i know it was him because i know he and johann went to kaiser chiefs together.

breakjaw
05-01-2007, 09:53 AM
OOooh...and I saw someone with a "what happens if someone makes a crime" shirt with an aidz needle on it...
There's a very strong chance that was mine,because I wore mine Saturday and Sunday.I had a picture of RatFink on the front.My friend wore his on Saturday night.His was black.

breakjaw
05-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Oh,I met Amy (Amyzzz)and her husband because we were camping next to each other.Both of them were super fun,nice people.

C0linS
05-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Only person I met was John Peel IMCP. Hows it going mate?! Wearing kilts at a fratellis show that was always going to happen. Dunno what my banter was like, cos was quite pished at that point.

SubBass49
05-01-2007, 06:44 PM
lol...Breakjaw...the guy I saw I think had a white shirt with a big red crossout symbol and an aidz needle in it...he was slightly hefty...if I remember correctly (which I might very well not). My only bit of clothing that stayed consistant each day besides my shoes was my black fitted hat with a red arabic symbol off-center on the front-left.

NeverMyopic
05-01-2007, 07:25 PM
I met C0linS on Saturday outside the Fratellis show. Both of us in kilts, so it made for an easy ice breaker. Other than that I think I saw Gabe sitting watching Placebo, at least I saw someone matching his description. Other than that, nada...

JPiMC, I think I saw you at the Fratellis (great show). At the time you were headed for someone, kind yelling for them. It was a light colored kilt, right?

Other than than that I met nobody, but was kind of hoping to; especially Sunday as the two girls I was with didn't go. Maybe next year.

Adam2uBer
05-02-2007, 08:14 PM
sure does. i know it was him because i know he and johann went to kaiser chiefs together.
Thanks a bunch.

Those 2 were by far the coolest people I met at the festival.

psychic friend
05-02-2007, 08:17 PM
some guy from this board spotted me in vip. damn that tattoo pic of mine. I think it was "invisible robots" or something like that. he was super cool, im glad we chatted and im sorry my friends cornered me there and that I was working too or I would have chatted longer.

idrive1life
05-02-2007, 08:22 PM
i think i met psychic friend...was she working the entrance thursday? i think she put my camping wristband on....not sure

That was her? She put my camping wristband too.

JPiMC, I think I saw you at the Fratellis (great show). At the time you were headed for someone, kind yelling for them. It was a light colored kilt, right?

Other than than that I met nobody, but was kind of hoping to; especially Sunday as the two girls I was with didn't go. Maybe next year.

I saw both of you guys - yeah, during The Fratellis!

psychic friend
05-02-2007, 08:27 PM
no i was not putting camping passes on anyone, sorry guys.

i was driving around onsite camping with people taking pictures, a lot, on Thursday night though.

dontfeedthebird
05-02-2007, 08:40 PM
I still wanna see PF headline next year.

ediger
05-03-2007, 05:08 PM
if anyone talked to a guy wearing a #8 Randy Carlyle Winnipeg Jets jersey in the campground, that was me. I got a lot of names, but never bothered to ask if the post around here.

faxman75
05-03-2007, 06:35 PM
lol...Breakjaw...the guy I saw I think had a white shirt with a big red crossout symbol and an aidz needle in it...he was slightly hefty...if I remember correctly (which I might very well not). My only bit of clothing that stayed consistant each day besides my shoes was my black fitted hat with a red arabic symbol off-center on the front-left.

Maybe have been me. I'm a bit hefty. I wore my white polo shirt that said Solo At the Polo on the back and a smaller Aidz needle on the front pocket area, then on Saturday I wore my shirt that was sorta brownish in color but had the huge Aidz needle insignia with What happen if someone makes a crime on the front and on the back was the full post from that thread.

Havocquarm
05-03-2007, 08:22 PM
I met two guys with aidz needles shirts during LCD Soundsystem, neither of them were faxman since I knew him from the solo at the polo.

Also met everyone from solo at the polo, and saw amyz walk past me one of the mornings, but didnt realize until a minute later.

PassiveTheory
05-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Fasttrack found me on Thursday night while I was wandering about the campsite. He convinced me to get some lemonade... That was damn good 4$ lemonade... I later called him and he pointed out Quentin to me on... Saturday? Or was it Friday? Nevertheless, didn't see him afterwards. I still have his number so maybe I'll call him up next year.

I think Friday was the day I ran into the most people... Cause I think Bug bumped into me or something during that day... But Kreutz found me amid Faithless and it was awesome.

Yablo and somebody else found me during Regina, and if you ask a lot of people, I was easy to spot at most of the shows I went to. I also found suprefan and Boourns at the Blue Room tent on Saturday.

I'm probably forgetting about meeting someone else... x.x

idrive1life
05-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Maybe next year, Dani! I did'nt see you then ... so near yet so far ... :(

SubBass49
05-03-2007, 08:56 PM
Next year I think I'll wear some kind of distinct hat so ya'll can find me in the crowd. As for you Faxman...do you wear glasses?

chiapet
05-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Most of the people from the solo at the polo group, and I met a few from camp harajuku (they were hard to miss). I somehow couldn't find the scottish contingent, and believe me I tried (for at least 5 minutes before sweltering and retreating to my canopy again).

I saw a lot of people who looked suspiciously like their posted pictures, but felt a little creepy being like "hey are you from the message boards?"

arabic
05-04-2007, 01:57 AM
do you think there will be some arabic singers (http://www.listenarabic.com/arabic-singers.php) ?

SubBass49
05-04-2007, 04:22 AM
weirdest first-post ever by a non-spoof account?

invisiblerobots
05-04-2007, 06:45 AM
some guy from this board spotted me in vip. damn that tattoo pic of mine. I think it was "invisible robots" or something like that. he was super cool, im glad we chatted and im sorry my friends cornered me there and that I was working too or I would have chatted longer.

Ha-ha! Yup, that was me. It was good to chat with you while we could. You obviously had a lot going on at the time - as I recall you had a cell phone in one hand and a walkie talkie in the other.
I also met Yablo on the flight down. He was sitting in the row in front of us and was super cool to chat with. Well met.

lindseyb
05-04-2007, 06:57 AM
i didn't meet anyone from the boards. i'm pretty sure i saw tessa a few times though.

rampaige
05-04-2007, 07:14 AM
I saw a lot of people who looked suspiciously like their posted pictures, but felt a little creepy being like "hey are you from the message boards?"

Ha, that's exactly how I felt as well. Plus I never posted my pic on here, so I didn't expect anyone to know who the hell I was anyway.

I did meet two cool guys with the most adorable british accents right before DJ Shadow...Sam and Nick were their names I believe. We got into a big conversation about Bush, Blair, global warming, and the war. When Sam started talking about the outrageous price of "petrol" I nearly melted. Oh how I love boys with accents. sigh

chiapet
05-04-2007, 07:44 AM
Oh how I love boys with accents. sigh

Me too! I am still baffled as to how I missed all those talked-about english and scottish camps.

Tobisking
05-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Met SheriNOIR in the airport, but her luggage was nowhere to be found so we had to leave her there while she sorted it out - Sheri did you make it? sorry we had to leave you like that.

amyzzz
05-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Met menikmati and breakjaw for the first time

Saw and chatted with mountmccabe and downingthief whom I have met before

summerkid
05-04-2007, 10:27 AM
hung out with bosco in the sahara on saturday and ran into miscorrections and monsoonseason.