PDA

View Full Version : Canadians Start a riot in the campgrounds

Geno_g
04-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Saturday night there was a riot in camp grounds E

jorluivil
04-30-2007, 05:22 PM
why is everyone saying it was a riot? Whoever decided to call the police was a fucken idiot, no one was fighting, destroying property, protesting or doning anything that would justify saying a riot took place. I was in the crowd before and after the police arrived, this was nothing even close to the riot.

Mr.Nipples
04-30-2007, 05:26 PM
welcome to california...

suprefan
04-30-2007, 05:31 PM
We will still call it a "riot" helicoptors at 4 am rule.

daughterxofxexile
04-30-2007, 06:05 PM
laughs it was just a group of pot heads having fun...they didnt hurt anyone

jorluivil
04-30-2007, 06:07 PM
It wasn't a riot but I have to admit that it was pretty cool. I didn't go to bed till 445 and woke up at 630 for breakfast.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo! !!

Can't wait for next year!!!!

jerpar24
04-30-2007, 06:12 PM
It wasn't a riot but I have to admit that it was pretty cool. I didn't go to bed till 445 and woke up at 630 for breakfast.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo! !!

Can't wait for next year!!!!

Me Too bud.

Agent Orange
04-30-2007, 06:35 PM
I was there but i didn't take my camera. Does anyone have any pictures?????

It was harmless. Just people having a good time. Is that a crime???

unsane
04-30-2007, 06:38 PM
"THIS IS THE POLICE, THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING, GO BACK TO YOUR TENTS, OR YOU WILL BE ARRESTED" (insert helicopter sounds) LOL What a waste of Manpower and equipment.

PrettyRagdoll
04-30-2007, 06:46 PM
It was not a riot. Me and a few people I met up there were there it was fun because I think everyone there was either high, drunk or a combination of both

CaliMag
04-30-2007, 07:47 PM
I don't have time to write something detailed right now but that was really terrible and perfectly exemplifies the state of the local police and security.

How many cops does it take to quiet down a hundred emo boys from Canada... well apparently 200 cops (many in riot gear) 5 dogs (given the command to attack on release) and a goddam helicopter. WTF!

The head of the police for Coachella NEEDS to be fired desperately - that was a George W Bush level of incompetance.

embers_of_satin
04-30-2007, 08:05 PM
While I think the police turnout was excessive, those people needed to SHUT THE HELL UP! For two nights in a row, they were up until 6:30 yelling and screaming and playing their damned drum, and my girlfriend and I got about 2 hours sleep each night (and we had a 12 hour drive today) it was really inconsiderate, and I felt like doing great bodily harm to them (as did a lot of other campers I'm sure)

It's not ok for a small group of people to keep half the camp up, and they really needed to shut the fuck up.

faxman75
04-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Where was the incompetence if I might ask? Seems like one of them was so far our of control they needed to tazer the mutherfucka.

No full scale riot, no terible injuries. What exactly is it you want them fired for?

You make it sound like everyone was just playing drums and minding their own business, that's not the story I heard. Those who acted like fucktards got taken care of and the rest went to bed. Success.

faxman75
04-30-2007, 08:10 PM
As far as the drumming and cheering goes. I'm sorry, I don't really give a fuck about the can't sleep whiners. You are at a festival, there is tons of excitement and energy, people cheered and blew horns throughout the night. Is it annoying? Yes, probably but it's not something the police should show force over. I support the police going in, to remove idiots who are being violent or starting fires.

It's a god damn hippie fest and you people are complaining about drum circles. Next time go stay at one of the resorts if you aren't into the fun. Or get some earplugs for crying out loud.

embers_of_satin
04-30-2007, 08:16 PM
As far as the drumming and cheering goes. I'm sorry, I don't really give a fuck about the can't sleep whiners. You are at a festival, there is tons of excitement and energy, people cheered and blew horns throughout the night. Is it annoying? Yes, probably but it's not something the police should show force over. I support the police going in, to remove idiots who are being violent or starting fires.

It's a god damn hippie fest and you people are complaining about drum circles. Next time go stay at one of the resorts if you aren't into the fun. Or get some earplugs for crying out loud.

It created a dangerous situation for those people who had to drive 12+ hours on 2 hours of sleep. There is a sound curfew for a reason, and people need to be considerate. There was no problem with assholes like this last year.

chuckwalla
04-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Those damn Canadians eh, too much moosehead.

If they just would have turned it down when security asked them too and not challenged them, the police would not have been called in.

The police teams who had trained for crowd control, moved in like they were invading a nation. Drunk Canadians are not dangerous, you just can't shut them up.

faxman75
04-30-2007, 08:27 PM
It created a dangerous situation for those people who had to drive 12+ hours on 2 hours of sleep. There is a sound curfew for a reason, and people need to be considerate. There was no problem with assholes like this last year.

I heard people yelling all night long last year as well people parading through the campgrounds singing and shit. Good for them. They are happy and at a fucking fest!

Wah wah I only got 2 hours of sleep. Maybe you are too old for this sort of thing. If you think people should be arrested for singing and playing drums all night at a music fest, you probably don't belong. Go go your car or go to a hotel next year. I had no problem napping in my car resting in the shade at the fest.

Do they cry about shit like this on the bonnaroo board? Oh wait, no they dont' because the actual bands even play all night long there. I'm guessing there is no one crying about how many hours of sleep they got.

Seriously, it sounds like you would have a better time at a hotel or something.

asancho
04-30-2007, 08:30 PM

Definetly! Dont expect to sleep much with 10,000 other people around who are under the influence of pot/alcohol/shrooms/god-knows-what so i really dont understand what the fuss is about. I camped out saturday night and didnt hear shit. Why? because, being a former Boy scout, i came preapred and swallowed a bunch of ambien around 1:30 am.

But holy shit did anyone else hear the rave going on near the rear of the campgrounds sunday night? I swear i though someone sneaked Tiesto into the campground and set up a DJ booth.

faxman75
04-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Exactly, you said it best right there. 10,000 people and no walls, and you got the police wanting to act like mommy and daddy and make sure everyone is quiet so they can tuck you in too!

LOL

jarhead4life
04-30-2007, 08:49 PM
well trey parker said it best in "South Park":

"Blame Canada... they're not even a real country.."

depheyez
04-30-2007, 11:24 PM
It's not ok for a small group of people to keep half the camp up, and they really needed to shut the fuck up.

whats not okay is a small group of sticks-in-the-mud ruining a fantastic night/early morning for the rest of the camp. if you expect to get a good nights sleep by camping out on festival grounds youre sadly mistaken. youre gonna be up late 'cause the noise and up early 'cause the heat. use some common sense and youll usually know before hand what youre getting into. lots of freethinking people amassed in a desert doesnt add up to peace and quiet...or consideration. next year you belong in a hotel. or in your car. with other folks who expect peace and quiet and maybe a little consideration.

*edit :: ps. i just got home. after rage left the stage we packed up and took off. 24+ hour drive on NO sleep*

quitchyabitchin'

ya shoulda seen it coming and been prepared for what was most likely to occur.

orbit
04-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Just get some earplugs

Cindayle
05-01-2007, 06:31 AM
Haha...only in America will a fucking Canadian Hippie Drum Circle start a riot.

D Block!!!

-C

gelica40
05-01-2007, 06:47 AM
Yeah not even close to a riot. just a bunch of people having some fun.

gaypalmsprings
05-01-2007, 06:57 AM
http://www.noriega.biz/images/cansign-2.jpg

http://www.scottandkim.net/fun/creatures.gif

foto_synthesis
05-01-2007, 07:00 AM
The ONLY way I got through the night every night was my trusty earplugs. I think I brought about 20 pair just in case I lost some. I thought the police raid was pretty sad. The whole point of the police showing up was to get everyone to go to bed and be quiet. But they actually woke up the entire mass of campers in the process. Simply genius. :yyablo

breakjaw
05-01-2007, 09:14 AM
I camped all 4 nights (luckily close to the clubhouse away from the noise) and the nights weren't really the problem.It was the mornings after 7:45 that they need to do something about.In the future,I will need to sleep until at least 10 or 10:30 AM,thank you.
Oh,yeah I just thought someone was playing the "Apocalypse Now" soundtrack really loud Saturday night,I had no idea the cops were there at all.

higgybaby23
05-01-2007, 10:32 AM
To be fair to the Canadians, it was definitely an international "riot". I had great fun watching the craziness on Sunday night, but I slept through the "riot" on Saturday. Thanks earplugs!

VeX2007
05-01-2007, 11:00 AM
I'd like to thank the hippie playing ultimate frisbee at 5:30 in the morning who jumped on my tent and crushed my friend. You scared the crap out of her and broke my tent. Nice job running away, coward. Thanks, man!

BeeII
05-01-2007, 11:17 AM

I agree, you want peace, quiet, and full night of sleep? Stay at a hotel. I camped off site at lake cahuilla, and it was pretty peaceful, but we did stay up and enjoyed ourselves and didn't sleep much.

BeeII
05-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Haha...only in America will a fucking Canadian Hippie Drum Circle start a riot.

D Block!!!

-C

moosehead + drums = WMD

laineinla
05-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Exactly, you said it best right there. 10,000 people and no walls, and you got the police wanting to act like mommy and daddy and make sure everyone is quiet so they can tuck you in too!

LOL

i think the real issue is that this has never been a problem before, as a veteran coachella camper i have NEVER had any problems falling asleep b/c of noise (of course there are always people around making noise, whatever) but not a group of (what according to news was) 200+ people yelling randomly and being dumbasses past 5 a.m. in the morning.

but yep, i imagine every year it's just gonna be even crazier so ... since some of us DO happen to like to at least get a FEW hours of sleep before dancing around/sweating bullets in the desert for 12 hours (just running on good old natural energy and not drugs to keep me pumped all day) there will definitely be NO more camping again in my future (um... but maybe i will consider the ambien route though if for whatever reason hotel-ing it doesn't work out ;)

Boourns
05-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Hey, I was in the area, and I slept through everything on Saturday.

But I did get to participate in the fun on Sunday. Too bad about the fires...

thaipod
05-01-2007, 12:07 PM
I was in section K and had no problem going to sleep. I do wish I brought earplugs, but in the end, I really didn't need them.

That party on Sunday night in section B was funny to witness. I feel bad for anyone who was camped up in that section, but what the hey.

laineinla
05-01-2007, 12:10 PM
i slept soundly through sunday's party, cuz i was tooooooo darn exhausted from not getting any sleep on *saturday*... for my friend though it was the other way around. :) perhaps the key is to be satisfied with getting sleep only every OTHER night. lord help me if they keep on extending coachella!

sweetsick
05-01-2007, 07:42 PM
i slept through all of this?

wow... those were some good earplugs.

activeIngredient
05-01-2007, 08:18 PM

I camped out thursday - saturday. I don't have any problems with hippies, drum circles, havin some fun at night, but I do like to get a few hours of sleep before I spent 12 hours in the 100 degree heat. I had earplugs in each night and I still got maybe 3 hours of sleep each night, broken up by random shouting & drumming throughout the night. Earplugs work only up to a certain amount of decibels, but no earplug in the world can block out the sound from someone next to you shouting and pounding on a drum. A little ganja helps you get to sleep real quick, but then again, not everyone likes the ganja, and a little consideration for your neighbors would be nice too, eh?

hitthenorth
05-02-2007, 05:26 AM
Just get some earplugs

Plugs kept out the sound of the drug fucked hippies but not that flying police riot fool. When the twat woke me up, I really thought the whole do was being shut down. got out the tent, looked about, could see nowt, realised that there was no way they were going to shift all those people at 3am so crawled back to bed really pissed off.

hitthenorth
05-02-2007, 05:29 AM
I camped out thursday - saturday. I don't have any problems with hippies, drum circles, havin some fun at night, but I do like to get a few hours of sleep before I spent 12 hours in the 100 degree heat. I had earplugs in each night and I still got maybe 3 hours of sleep each night, broken up by random shouting & drumming throughout the night. Earplugs work only up to a certain amount of decibels, but no earplug in the world can block out the sound from someone next to you shouting and pounding on a drum. A little ganja helps you get to sleep real quick, but then again, not everyone likes the ganja, and a little consideration for your neighbors would be nice too, eh?

You obviously didn't drink enough.

Where Is The Line
05-02-2007, 11:11 AM
stupidest riot ever.

jerpar24
05-02-2007, 03:49 PM
It wasn't a fucking Riot. It was people having fun.

sonicnurse
05-03-2007, 09:49 PM
ri·ot (rī'ət)
n.
A wild or turbulent disturbance created by a large number of people.

jimmypuffa
05-04-2007, 01:32 PM
I expected way more people to up all night, Saturday made me proud to be Canadian, way to go Team Canada !

cellophane_star
05-07-2007, 08:52 AM
As a Canadian camper, I have to say the helicopters scared the hell out of me. Totally unnecessary. The campers didn't even have weapons, assuming the camping security checked all bags and people before they entered (haha). This was typical US overreaction.

Encaitare
05-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Although I admit I'm used to only 5 hours of sleep a night due to my work schedulue, I didn't have much of a problem camping, (we were in F). Yeah it was loud as hell, but anyone who has been on an overnight school field trip, band tour, or even a sleepover party knows that excited people don't sleep, especially on drugs. What did you all expect? I fell asleep around 2am and woke up around 6-7 each morning, and only woke up a few times during the night due to noise, wasn't even aware there had been a "riot" until the next day. Just ignore it and enjoy the fact that your at fucking Coachella.

gaypalmsprings
05-07-2007, 04:35 PM
I really liked sleeping at home. Helicopters & Canadians sound scary.

ediger
05-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Perhaps Goldenvoice needs to set up a quiet campgound and a party campgound. A lot of festivals do that and it works beautifully

markomcg
05-10-2007, 02:58 AM
I had no problems on the Saturday night. Slept myself and the 3 other lads with me slept through the whole thing. Disappointed and slightly ashamed of ourselves for missing the ruckus, but the heat all day takes it out of us. We're not used to temperatures that hot being from Ireland.

Still though, people complaining about not being able to sleep should thank the fact that they were at an AMAZING festival with very little disturbance in the campsite. Us lads were amazed at how the place quitened down by a certain time every night.

You should try Oxegen over here. If you are all worried of Hippies playing drums then you'd never last against the boozed up pilled off their faces scum(ecstacy, for those Americans that dont get the term) you get there, that destroy tents, fight and dont care about the general destruction they cause to others.

I'll hear no more of this from those of you giving out about "the little disturbance". Just enjoy the fact that you were at the best festival this year...no...EVER!!

markomcg
05-10-2007, 03:05 AM
...and please give me all YOUR definition of hippie?? It sounds like you're attaching the term to all the Canadians in the camp site.

el_harderino
05-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Man I was sleeping outside our tent on the grass saturday night and when I woke up I had piss on me and there was ronchy puke with noodles in it next to my sleeping bag. I shoulda stayed up for that shabang seeing as I'm from canada.

hangthedj112
05-14-2007, 11:07 PM
I agree, you want peace, quiet, and full night of sleep? Stay at a hotel. I camped off site at lake cahuilla, and it was pretty peaceful, but we did stay up and enjoyed ourselves and didn't sleep much.

because hotels are affordable and in most people's price range, right?

JClemy
05-15-2007, 07:36 PM
I slept right through it. I'm Canadian though so thats probably why I was able to. Also slept in the do lab when the worst rappers ever started rapping. I may have passed out but I'm assuming I fell asleep.