PDA

View Full Version : RATM Fan scales the Sound setup!

mwoodlee
04-30-2007, 09:37 AM
I am the bad ass motherfucker who scaled the structure before anyone else! Tell me what you think and if anybody has a picture post it. What Up Boston, Holla back Australia!

DeltaSigChi4
04-30-2007, 09:50 AM
:confused:

E

Trick Loves The Kids
04-30-2007, 10:24 AM
what frat are you in

mwoodlee
04-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Just a die hard RATM fan who has been waiting for that moment for a while. No frat dick face, I don't have to pay for my friends. Actually I am a grad student at CSU Chico who had the greatest day ever. Who the fuck are you? Sorry you were over at the Dance Tent missing out on the best Performance of the Festival.

DeltaSigChi4
04-30-2007, 10:44 AM
The best performance of the festival didn't take place on Sunday, idiot.

Furthermore, the best performance of SUNDAY wasn't even RATM.

It was EITS.

E

scrodpiece
04-30-2007, 10:45 AM
has the post-coachella message board ever been such a pissing contest of my band is better than your band?

and kids, stay off the sound equipment. Its very very expensive, only grownups should be touching it, OK?

It's a shame you weren't arrested. Having the "best day ever" doesn't entitle to you to endanger others and wantonly wreck whatever you want. I thought Rage was about respect for the common man. Climbing sound equipment man and bottle thrower dude apparently respond to the energy of the music but their minds are too small to channel that aggression into the larger message, their dicks/muscles are too powerful for their minds. That's sad, De La Rocha and Morrello I would imagine would be ashamed by these two, who obviously have not grasped their art fully. How can you say you're a huge fan when you obviously can't even comprehend their message and apply it to yourself?

mwoodlee
04-30-2007, 10:49 AM
You are a smuck! RATM changed my life at a time when change was needed. My Dad recently passed away and being up there with him and my favorite band in the world was so worth it, a moment I'll never forget. Stop the bashing and take it for what it's worth!

ADGZ662
04-30-2007, 11:32 AM
that was you, I was right in front of that sound setup, it was awesome you made the crowd go even more nutz, but I did get a lil worried once the other people started climbing but fuck it I was experiencing RAGE THE REUNION I fucken hope they make a DVD it was truly the best performance of the night!

J~$$$
04-30-2007, 12:14 PM
too bad for us you didnt fall off and hurt yourself.

algunz
04-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Sorry to tell ya, but they sounded flat. There was no low end. All I could hear was Zack and Tom. I wanted to feel that bass. They still rocked, but considering the sound quality on the previous two nights they could have been soo much better.

krisskross
04-30-2007, 12:57 PM
i dont know, but i dont think destroying and throwing things is in true coachella spirit.

corbo
04-30-2007, 03:43 PM
The best performance of the festival didn't take place on Sunday, idiot.

Furthermore, the best performance of SUNDAY wasn't even RATM.

It was EITS.

E

gay

jorluivil
04-30-2007, 04:04 PM
it was awesome you made the crowd go even more nutz,

The crowd didn't go nutz! If anyone went nuts it was a handfull of people

Sorry to tell ya, but they sounded flat. There was no low end. All I could hear was Zack and Tom. I wanted to feel that bass. They still rocked, but considering the sound quality on the previous two nights they could have been soo much better.

The sound quality was horrible, it's almost as if someone tried to sabotage the sound. The sound system was working fine when Manu was one, but went to the shits when RATM came on.

My Dad recently passed away and being up there with him and my favorite band in the world was so worth it, a moment I'll never forget. Stop the bashing and take it for what it's worth!

Sorry bro but you're a fucken idiot! If you believe that you're dad is up there do you really think that scaling a sound stage is a way to get in touch with him? While don't you do yourself a favor and go to church and pray for him or go visit his grave

woogie846
04-30-2007, 04:24 PM
I didn't see anyone climbing.

gaypalmsprings
04-30-2007, 04:27 PM
I am the bad ass motherfucker who scaled the structure before anyone else! Tell me what you think and if anybody has a picture post it. What Up Boston, Holla back Australia!

No pic, but it was in the local newspaper.

juergen
04-30-2007, 06:26 PM
However cocky or stupid you may be, you are now one of my heroes. That was fucking hilarious. I think I have a few pics in here somewhere, but I haven't weeded through them yet.

faxman75
04-30-2007, 07:20 PM
You are a smuck!

Is that like Jelly?

RATM changed my life at a time when change was needed. My Dad recently passed away and being up there with him and my favorite band in the world was so worth it, a moment I'll never forget.

Really? So you climbed on top of the soundboard 30 feet in the air to get to you dead dad?

Stop the bashing and take it for what it's worth!

you didn't get kicked out or arrested? I was hoping you would jump and then all the other rage fans would eat you flesh and revel in the savagry and testosterone.

Caitlin
04-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Chico state? It all makes sense now.

jorluivil
04-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Chico state? It all makes sense now.

Is that in Humboldt county?

GTI_GRL
04-30-2007, 09:11 PM
gay

I think he was stating his sex preference Delta, you interested?

corbo
04-30-2007, 09:24 PM
I think he was stating his sex preference Delta, you interested?

cunt.

Vericuester
04-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Wow, you're an idiot.

fober
04-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Did you happen to see a frisbee up there?

If so, I'd appreciate it if you could return it to me.

Thanks.

Vericuester
04-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Hey fober, did you sneak your ostrich in? Heh, I mean that as the literal ostrich not as anything weird. Or was that not you with the ostrich?

Sexecutioner
04-30-2007, 10:54 PM

The sound quality was horrible, it's almost as if someone tried to sabotage the sound. The sound system was working fine when Manu was one, but went to the shits when RATM came on.

i dont know where you guys where, but it sounded pretty damn good to me. i heard and felt the bass just fine.

higgybaby23
05-01-2007, 11:20 AM
It wasn't just one person who climbed up there, there were a few. The security was a joke around the sound/mixing board. They had a sort of "hands off" mentality. If a real riot occurred during Rage, they would have been powerless. Luckily the overall positive vibe of Coachella ended up ruling the day.

Gersh
05-01-2007, 11:26 AM
I have video of everyone on top of the sound booth. I will post it when I have a chance to compress it.

BeeII
05-01-2007, 02:39 PM
why is this such a big deal, i've seen people climb shit at shows before.

comedeysal
05-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Hahaha, i was just right of the sound booth when i saw you climb that. I saw one uniformed security guard climb after you, but he jumped back down... then more people climbed up there...about a minute later a shirtless american gladiator headed your way, at least i think he was an american gladiator. I'm guessing he was security, or police, or something cuz people started climbing back down after that.

i kinda hoped/imagined him up there incapacitating people and just tossing them down to his fellow spartans to finish them off.

ohxmyitstina
05-01-2007, 05:01 PM
I talked to one of the security guards, the majority of them are just volunteer marines. So i'm betting they "volunteered" just ot get into coachella and watch some amazing music.

As for the sound, I was by the speakers that they had positioned behind and to the right the sound booth area. Those speakers weren't even on. I could only hear the speakers that were on the main stage.

I don't know, I guess i was a bit disappointed because i expected a much more excited crowd for rage. Where i was at, the people were wet blankets. It was a bit of a let down for me.

algunz
05-01-2007, 05:37 PM
You boys just wish you could be Tim.

MikeWeez
05-01-2007, 10:54 PM

i bow to you ! ! !..if i wasnt so close to the stage...my spot was perfect..i would of joined you up there...you my friend...were my hero of the evening...

McAwesome
05-02-2007, 12:23 AM
I am the bad ass motherfucker who scaled the structure before anyone else!

I think I love you!

Cpt. Funkaho
05-02-2007, 12:29 AM

You, sir, are an idiot, and you are lucky that there are people in the world who care more about your life than you apparently do.

Yes, I saw you. No, you aren't cool.

MikeWeez
05-02-2007, 09:04 AM
dont listen to him...hes alaskan

ediger
05-02-2007, 01:32 PM
the people on the sound booths should have been tossed off (missing all innocent bystanders)

wisconsinboozer
05-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Youre father was a fan of crowded house, not rage

ediger
05-02-2007, 02:26 PM
actually, my father was a fan of musicians like Bob Dylan, the MC5 and Arlo Guthrie. People whom without, we would never have experienced Rage.

If you want to put your own safety at risk, by all means, who am I to stop you. I may question your sanity, but that's completely different. However, when you climb the sound equipment, you could potentially bail off of the sides and seriously hurt the people below. Putting other people's safety at risk, who never asked or wanted to be in that position, officially enters you into the realm of the asshole.

wisconsinboozer
05-02-2007, 02:38 PM
more power to ya, as long as you dont ruin the show im happy that you got to persue your destiny. i wasnt trying to be mean but the typical father of an adult i didnt think would be a rage fan but more of a crowded house fan

artgutser
05-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Voila:

http://photos.hi5.com/0003/902/323/tpDd8P902323-02.jpg

http://photos.hi5.com/0002/250/213/Hv166g250213-02.jpg

jerpar24
05-02-2007, 04:02 PM
I talked to one of the security guards, the majority of them are just volunteer marines. So i'm betting they "volunteered" just ot get into coachella and watch some amazing music.

I was about to say the same thing. It seemed like all of them were marines

thaipod
05-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Stupid or not, it was pretty entertaining to watch.

ediger
05-03-2007, 05:13 PM

That, is undeniable.

JClemy
05-13-2007, 03:59 PM
It was cool at first until you could see that the mesh was definitely not designed to hold someone. If you had fallen through that you not only would have seriously hurt yourself, the sound people but you also would have ruined the show for everyone else. I'm all for loving your favorite band but when its something selfish that could ruin things for others it definitely is not cool.

That said it turned out fine so awesome, glad to hear you had fun!

kennycarly
05-16-2007, 01:58 AM
I didn't see that shit, I was infront of the stage looking forward.

That was some pretty irresponsible shit, though I don't think people care too much because we've all done stupid shit in our time. I think people are getting fired up because of the wanky way in which you aproached this thread you'bad as mother fucker' you!

I also don't see why people keep bagging out the sound, I found it to be top notch, perhaps it wasn't calibrated properly for the back and sides but where I was every thing sounded beautiful! I've been to plenty of gigs (mainly at festivals) where this happens and it sucks being up the back.

Any one down the front disapointed by the sound?

jigglypuflvr@mac.com
05-16-2007, 11:29 AM
why is this such a big deal, i've seen people climb shit at shows before.

It's different. They're frat boys. They've never been to a real concert, but they love Rage and know they're within their rights to destroy shit in the name of anarkyXcorelol

SFChrissy
05-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Is that in Humboldt county?

fuck no it's in the middle of the california red-neck cuts...people talk country out there

SFChrissy
05-16-2007, 02:37 PM

That's for sure...I was waiting for that shit to cum a tumblin down...bit it didn't!!!

mwoodlee
05-16-2007, 06:59 PM
So who has more pics? Post them now my friends!

JClemy
05-17-2007, 09:30 AM
I love how you just take all this criticism in stride.

mack2387
05-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Props man your a crazy guy, i was like 30 feet from you in the mosh on the right, we all got even more pumped watchin you guys... got a little out of hand though haha... nice

<<MATT>>
05-17-2007, 05:47 PM
There's some climbing action in one of the vids I shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjQzaiJFIvM

rageurmom
05-17-2007, 07:17 PM
you know...at first i thought it was funny as fuck. than, after the guy next to me started to cuss you out, i thought it was the stupidest shit in the world.

looking back though, that shit was classic. funny-ass shit. much props.

rideincircles
05-19-2007, 04:30 PM
The video shows the guy as a silhouette in front of the big screen, pretty cool. I never saw it from where I was at. I am also a person who thought there sound quality was lacking, and it wasn't near loud enough.

Rhydz
05-20-2007, 09:58 AM
some stupid ass RATM fans are out there. and they influence other stupid people. on the way back to the camp site on sunday some idiot people thought it would be good to tear down the fence of the campsite so that they didnt have to walk around. once one person did it this 16 yr old chick (butch as hell) start to hit the fence like an ape out of 2001 a space odessy. then the guy straight behind her started to do the same thing.

people like that shit me. they dont see they are acting like retards.

thaipod
05-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Result of listening to too much country music and rap...

too much Country and Rap? Are they all fans of Cowboy Troy or something?

marooko
05-24-2007, 09:13 AM

honest im not trying to pick on you.

i would suggest that had something to do with the sound guy and not rage themselves. yes they could have asked for more bass. which i agree would have been wonderful, but when it comes down to it. the sound guy needs to know how to do his job. YES EVERY ONE I SAID SOUND GUY AND HIS JOB. NOT HIS OR HERS. haha.

fober
05-24-2007, 09:34 AM
As a soundgirl who always does her job, I am deeply offended.

loast coast stylin
06-01-2007, 05:02 PM
yo I thought it ramped up the intensity level when you climbed up there. check out this clip I found on youtube it should make you happy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkvySS44s1k
By the way I am the guy with the green laser that I was shooting over your heads when you were up there...what did you think of that sheeit?!!

mwoodlee
06-13-2007, 09:22 AM
That is pretty good footage, I thought I was up there for longer than I actually was, pretty effin sweet!

yo I thought it ramped up the intensity level when you climbed up there. check out this clip I found on youtube it should make you happy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkvySS44s1k
By the way I am the guy with the green laser that I was shooting over your heads when you were up there...what did you think of that sheeit?!!

smokealotapotamus
06-13-2007, 12:35 PM
http://i14.tinypic.com/6cxda1l.jpg