PDA

View Full Version : JUSTICE

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

CyddV
10-10-2007, 12:29 PM
and being that there is no actual music being created during the set and it is rather a tweak set like dafts. there is just about no way there would be a use for modular synths in this setting

From what I was able to see from the Balcony, both Gaspard and Xavier have a MacBook Pro, most likely running Ableton Live. Gaspard was running the sequencer (Live or another application), controlling the Cross, and playing the keyboard part of D.A.N.C.E. live during the acoustic version.

Xavier for the most part was using the mixer to "tweak" the set, applying filters, beat juggling, etc.

Sexecutioner
10-10-2007, 01:17 PM
man, i wish their was a good bootleg of one of their live sets. maybe after this tour there will be?

superfiction
10-10-2007, 01:36 PM
From what I was able to see from the Balcony, both Gaspard and Xavier have a MacBook Pro, most likely running Ableton Live. Gaspard was running the sequencer (Live or another application), controlling the Cross, and playing the keyboard part of D.A.N.C.E. live during the acoustic version.

Xavier for the most part was using the mixer to "tweak" the set, applying filters, beat juggling, etc.

yeah, which is pretty much what daft do. and still they dont use modular synths

suprefan
10-10-2007, 02:02 PM
yeah me too, he looks suspicious on the first pictures

When dont I look suspicious?(thats a joke)

Josh, I busted my ass on Saturday for that DJ Set, I gave you guys a few Fonda photos, and thats all you get, be glad I even did it. Better to not spoil it all. Dont worry, I didnt film the encore. I wanted to headbang until I could not do it anymore, and do guitar solo fingers too.

BlueDevil50
10-10-2007, 02:13 PM
chris, what are "guitar solo fingers" anyway?

suprefan
10-10-2007, 03:01 PM
I will illustrate when I get home. I'll make a video and upload onto youtube, complete with music.

ficklecycle
10-10-2007, 03:09 PM
So, Monday was fun.

suprefan
10-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Hi Richard, nice of you to join us. I wanted to hear your review of the whole thing.

fober
10-10-2007, 03:15 PM
chris, what are "guitar solo fingers" anyway?

I think I saw some idiots doing that at the show.

Put your hand in the air and pretend you're trying to rapidly play 4 consecutive notes on a keyboard over and over with your 4 flat fingers.

Looks like someone doing the "down comes the rain" part of itsy bitsy spider.

BlueDevil50
10-10-2007, 03:18 PM
lol thats what i kinda figured

ficklecycle
10-10-2007, 03:19 PM
It was fun. Met up with my bud on the balcony after some time. MJ not as good as I hoped, and Justice... Well: Coachella > Monday.

ficklecycle
10-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Oh, and I spoke to Kavinsky during Justice and their mind blowing. He looked pretty bummed and was on his cell phone just playing around with it. Spoke to So Me after the show as well. Went something like "check it out (then I showed him my stick to the b.e.a.t. shirt)" I then told him the obvious and said he was genious. He said thanks and gave me a hug.

suprefan
10-10-2007, 04:26 PM
It was fun. Met up with my bud on the balcony after some time. MJ not as good as I hoped, and Justice... Well: Coachella > Monday.

Tuesday > Coachella. sorry you missed it.

fatbastard
10-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Last night's performance was obviously better than Detour because it was live instead of a DJ set. Security let me in early by buying 2 drinks at the bar. It was early enough so I went for it and picked up 2 greyhounds. Not too crazy about the bartender though. He had that "I'm working at a fancy bar and your nothing to me attitude". I realized after the first drink that I had a 2nd ticket to sell. There was no opportunity to even chuck it out the door for someone to have. The event was worth the price of two tickets.

I'll admit that the name midnight juggernauts didn't roll off my tongue like My Bloody Valentine. I was open minded all the way up to the 3rd song then they sank like a rock in a tub. The music was enjoyable in one sense in that their sound was not totally bad. Neil Peart, I mean their drummer was set in the center of the stage with at least 12 pieces. The keyboard played should be in from since he's the one doing the singing. The music required drumming but not to the level that the drummer was providing. I wasn't really able to focus on the keyboardist or bass player because of Neil.

DJ Medhi came out right after the curtain went down for midnight juggernauts. I can watch and dance to this guy all night. He has a great ear for mixing and keeps the crowd pumped with his lips synching and dancing to the songs. He also played after Justice's set.

Justice, what can I say? Great venue, great crowd and great set by them. They remained on point to the latest LP with various songs sampled and looped in. There were 2 minutes here and 2 minutes there of lulls where they over-extended the song a bit long. I understand the Miles "melody within a melody" thing but they kept coming back to stuff enough that it was noticeable to me. Of course I am nitpicking but I always try to look at stuff as "was this the best performance ever?". I can't tell you how hard I tried to find something wrong with Daft Punk but of course there wasn't anything to find. The sound quality, the cross, the strobe lights, and the basic white stage lights was right on. They weren't Chemical Brothers or Underworld excellent but you can see the potential for them to be superstars. It's all about the beats; they need to find a boat load more to be superstars.

Come back soon guys; Justice (men of few words), Medhi (future Tiesto), Busy P (Scarecrow), Kavinsky (Ford Tough Jacket), So Me (I just rolled out of bed and I don't care), and Sebastian ("I veel play for yu Amerikenz and smouke my cigarettes). It was a pleasure being a part of your ongoing party these past few days.

Don't ask...
http://www.beastiemania.com/whois/kool_moe_dee/kool_moe_dee.jpg

Sexecutioner
10-10-2007, 04:36 PM
I busted my ass on Saturday for that DJ Set, I gave you guys a few Fonda photos, and thats all you get, be glad I even did it. Better to not spoil it all. Dont worry, I didnt film the encore. I wanted to headbang until I could not do it anymore, and do guitar solo fingers too.

dude, im not saying i dont appreciate the dj set, and im not asking you to film if you dont want to. im just saying if you did film, and have some good footage, it would be cool if you shared it so people who went could re-live it. whatever though...do what you want. i dont want to make your head bigger than it already is, if thats possible.

suprefan
10-10-2007, 05:12 PM
I see your point, but sometimes, I dont feel the need to share. I would rather let the memories of everyone who was there hold them over. If I decide to share, I will, for now, nope.

and this is for Bluedevil. Now imagine me doing it at the end during METALLICA!! And headbanging.

uEqjp4MWAeE

Barbara, the ninja
10-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Supre, don't lie. I saw you do this the whole time during Monday's show: 5pGJCkCDK5A

Also, you WISH you were as cute as that boy doing that air guitar thing.

suprefan
10-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Stupid, for a sec possibly. But whatever, I dont care if I am or am not as cute as the boy in the video. He just knows how to do the air guitar fingers. And he is a lot cuter than you though.

burn

paulyg
10-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Have any audio recordings of Justice come out of Coachella or any of their headlining shows yet?

lowfront
10-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Does anyone know if the NY show is going to be a dj set or not?

mistdevil
10-10-2007, 07:31 PM
both ny shows are prolly live.

suprefan
10-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Does anyone know if the NY show is going to be a dj set or not?

All will be live, unless the CMJ one specifys otherwise.

mistdevil
10-11-2007, 01:46 AM
GASPARD IS THE SHIT!

shakermaker113
10-11-2007, 08:30 AM
the show in sf last night was ok... don't know how it compared to the LA ones, but it didn't live up to the hype. eh. I'm over it.

Sexecutioner
10-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Here's pics from the after party in TJ: http://www.ohsnapkid.com/justiceparty/index.html

rage patton
10-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Josh, I busted my ass on Saturday for that DJ Set, I gave you guys a few Fonda photos, and thats all you get, be glad I even did it. Better to not spoil it all. Dont worry, I didnt film the encore. I wanted to headbang until I could not do it anymore, and do guitar solo fingers too.

Woh. Wait. Was that directed at me? Because I didnt mention anything to do with asking for pictures of videos from neither detour nor the Monday and Tuesday shows. That was Sexecutioner. Or is sececutioner's name Josh as well?

the show in sf last night was ok... don't know how it compared to the LA ones, but it didn't live up to the hype. eh. I'm over it.

I think Kingsblend went to SF as well. Wonder what he will have to say about it.

suprefan
10-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Woh. Wait. Was that directed at me? Because I didnt mention anything to do with asking for pictures of videos from neither detour nor the Monday and Tuesday shows. That was Sexecutioner. Or is sececutioner's name Josh as well?

I think Kingsblend went to SF as well. Wonder what he will have to say about it.

Cli Josh, not Canada Josh.

Yes Kingsblend went, and I didnt even see hom online last night like late, so who knows. Supposedly he recording it, we'll see how it turns out.

But its weird that it seemed like more people were going to Mezzanine, but apparently not.

paulb
10-11-2007, 10:54 AM
a LIVE recording would be fuckin sweet! 2 days till Vancouver! OMGOMGOMGOMG, squeal...this is gonna be fun.

suprefan
10-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Yeah, let us know how much different it is. And you probably got the best night of the tour(so far) with L.A. night 2. So if it is ''dissapointing'' at least you will be able to know and not just think it ruled when it was just meh.

rage patton
10-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Wait Supre... are you saying Vancouver might have one of the best shows of the tour? Why is that?
Well I can think of one reason. The venue is great! The Commodore Ballroom hold approx 900 people AND this is a 19+. My first 19+ gig ever actually. But I cant wait to not have to deal with the 13-17 crowd. Ugh. This show sold out over a month ago too. So obviously people in Van are excited about this show. Vancouver has been experiencing a very rapid growth in the electronic scene as well.

thelastmejia
10-11-2007, 11:08 AM
They have live recordings from I Love Techno in 2006. Its awesome you guys can find it on themixingbowl.org

ficklecycle
10-11-2007, 11:16 AM
Tuesday > Coachella. sorry you missed it.

Funny how if I would've gone Tuesday and not Monday, you would've said "Monday > Coachella. sorry you missed it."

shakermaker113
10-11-2007, 11:30 AM
yeah, strong drinks at the mezzanine.

I did like the way they mixed phantom II -- just like the soulwax version. :-)

anti-square
10-11-2007, 11:30 AM
nice!

Sexecutioner
10-11-2007, 11:31 AM
thats great news if he got a good recording!

suprefan
10-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Point of advice Kings. DO NOT DRINK before you go record. Now you know what to do for Vegoose.

mistdevil
10-11-2007, 12:59 PM
hahaha!!!

paulb
10-11-2007, 05:24 PM
a Justice recording on DIME!? OH, i gotta see this.... I hope its true!

suprefan
10-11-2007, 05:31 PM
If the guy got it right, lets hope he did.

superfiction
10-12-2007, 05:40 AM
TODAY. i see JUSTICE. round 2 bitches lets do this

paulb
10-12-2007, 01:36 PM
TOMORROW for me.... there is the 2nd night of the Fonda and the San Diego show up on Themixingbowl, but the seeder is a bit clueless on how to work it, so at the moment he isnt seeding.

suprefan
10-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Email him!!

Funny how if I would've gone Tuesday and not Monday, you would've said "Monday > Coachella. sorry you missed it."

Richard, if you went to tuesday and thought it wasnt that good I wouldve defended whicever night was better. And tuesday was the better one. so you missed it.

Wait Supre... are you saying Vancouver might have one of the best shows of the tour? Why is that?
Well I can think of one reason. The venue is great! The Commodore Ballroom hold approx 900 people AND this is a 19+. My first 19+ gig ever actually. But I cant wait to not have to deal with the 13-17 crowd. Ugh. This show sold out over a month ago too. So obviously people in Van are excited about this show. Vancouver has been experiencing a very rapid growth in the electronic scene as well.

I was syaing Paulb got Fonda night 2 and it was the best so far. Learn how to read and consider context. Vancouver will be ''better'' than the L.a. show only if Paulb says it is because he can compare. Slowly read my sentences please and think that I am adressing a certain person and that situation and not saying other things. your mind moves too fast and stuff ya know. I used to laugh quite a bit when you would believe everything we woudl post about fake s**rt and other things ya know. Wow 19 and over, gee you still get kids there. 21 and over wouldve destroyed if that was the case for the Fonda. The 13 - 17 year olds Tuesday were not that bad, there were not as many of them because all of those went Monday due to tuesday being sold out so far in advance and all the MTV kids decided to join up and go monday.

fober
10-12-2007, 02:32 PM
The files on the mixing bowl are videos.

Henry Fonda - "recorded with a sony t7 digital camera" "its about the first 50 minutes. the quality is pretty good. "

Cane's - "video is sketchy because of security but the audio came out pretty good for a camera." "i was in the front row for this vid so i apologize if it moves around a lot."

suprefan
10-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Hmm, it should be decent then, audio should not distory. the sony cams have good mics.

paulb
10-12-2007, 02:41 PM
I went to the movies last night and saw The Heartbreak Kid, and during the trailers, for some movie called 27 Dresses, with the chic from Knocked Up and Grey's Anatomy....they were playing D.A.N.C.E. on the trailer... Justice must be gettin paid...

suprefan
10-12-2007, 03:00 PM
If its in a trailer, that means it will be on the soundtrack. they will make abit of money for it. Licensing deals for soundtracks are a good thing to do for exposure and get some extra cash. Soem friends of mine were doign a song for a commercial for Wendys, if it was picked they wouldve gotten $50k for it, they didnt but still, the potential. And Katherine Heigl is HAWT.

shakermaker113
10-12-2007, 03:19 PM
If its in a trailer, that means it will be on the soundtrack.

that's not true. sometimes they will use songs in trailers that are not on the soundtrack.

suprefan
10-12-2007, 03:23 PM
I doubt they dont put it on there. In the end they still had to give them somethign for being able to use it.

psychic friend
10-12-2007, 03:31 PM
yay i just got a poster. woooooo!

Sexecutioner
10-12-2007, 04:17 PM
san diego show is up? niiiice. cant wait to download it! surprised they taped the whole thing, bouncers were camera nazis that night.

mistdevil
10-12-2007, 05:02 PM
where is it up on?

airguitarvet
10-12-2007, 05:47 PM
yay i just got a poster. woooooo!

be specific young lady! tell me more about this poster. i didnt go so fill me in!

Sexecutioner
10-12-2007, 05:49 PM
where is it up on?

well, according to paulb:

there is the 2nd night of the Fonda and the San Diego show up on Themixingbowl, but the seeder is a bit clueless on how to work it, so at the moment he isnt seeding.

although i just searched for justice on there, and nothing came up...

edit: nevermind, im trippin, its there...

suprefan
10-12-2007, 06:20 PM
be specific young lady! tell me more about this poster. i didnt go so fill me in!

Well odds are she got an extra from the leftovers. Or Frankie Chan is selling the rest on iheartcomix. Also, go back a few pages I posted the photo of the poster.

Sexecutioner
10-12-2007, 08:45 PM
They have live recordings from I Love Techno in 2006. Its awesome you guys can find it on themixingbowl.org

this sounds like a dj set, not "live", but its still pretty awesome sounding! pretty different than a few of the other dj sets of theirs that ive listened to.

TOMORROW for me.... there is the 2nd night of the Fonda and the San Diego show up on Themixingbowl, but the seeder is a bit clueless on how to work it, so at the moment he isnt seeding.

yea, whats up with this dude? my shit hasnt downloaded a single byte! and it looks like theres 10 other people with the same problem.

suprefan
10-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Like I said, e mail the idiot and tell him to seed.

rage patton
10-13-2007, 12:21 AM
I was syaing Paulb got Fonda night 2 and it was the best so far. Learn how to read and consider context. Vancouver will be ''better'' than the L.a. show only if Paulb says it is because he can compare. Slowly read my sentences please and think that I am adressing a certain person and that situation and not saying other things. your mind moves too fast and stuff ya know. I used to laugh quite a bit when you would believe everything we woudl post about fake s**rt and other things ya know. Wow 19 and over, gee you still get kids there. 21 and over wouldve destroyed if that was the case for the Fonda. The 13 - 17 year olds Tuesday were not that bad, there were not as many of them because all of those went Monday due to tuesday being sold out so far in advance and all the MTV kids decided to join up and go monday.

Dude. Whatever. First off, when I joined I didnt believe everything people said. Find some old threads. I would get excited, but I would always ask for sources. And even if I did believe some unlikely stories, atleast I didnt joing the board to scalp some Radiohead tickets. Second Paulb didnt go to the 2 LA show. His girlfriend did. Maybe you should read slower. If you had, you have read his girlfriend went to the Tuesday show and picked him up a shirt, just in case they arent selling them in Vancouver. He is going to the Vancouver show tonight (the 13th.) So he technicaly wont be able to tell which show was better. So even if you were adressing him, you should have read his comments more thuroughly. Also, us crazy Canadians dont do 21+ shows. We dont have an unnecessarily high drinking age over here. The last couple shows I have seen here, the crowds have been rediculously bad. Justice will be my first 19+ show... lets hope it weeds out atleast SOME of the douchebags!

paulb
10-13-2007, 02:24 AM
19+ shows are def different...and mostly for the good as far as ive seen. Im glad ive been old enough to experience Ed Banger gigs at 19+ here...but I wanted to go to LA for New Years and see Justice and Busy P and Steve Aoki...but its 21+, that sucks for me....you guys got the flyers right, after the Fonda gig? my girlie did and told me about it...

superfiction
10-13-2007, 02:41 AM
SO my little gem of info for the evening is this.

justice DOES use those modular synths. but they do not patch live.

they WILL be touring the states again next year.

OH and they are fucking cool.

more on that tomorrow.

brando4n82
10-13-2007, 06:04 AM
Well odds are she got an extra from the leftovers. Or Frankie Chan is selling the rest on iheartcomix. Also, go back a few pages I posted the photo of the poster.

those posters blow major ass anyways.

paulb
10-13-2007, 10:12 AM
oh shit, Justice tonight...imma get there nice and early and get ready to party...this is gonna be one amazing night i hope.

suprefan
10-13-2007, 10:16 AM
those posters blow major ass anyways.

Well its something to have other than a t shirt too. Just like Justice wasnt that good in your opinion right?

mrtoilet
10-13-2007, 10:40 AM
best pic of fatbastard from hidden detour. haha.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j267/mrtoilet5/100_1372.jpg

paulb
10-13-2007, 10:52 AM
whos the queer in the background?

superfiction
10-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Well its something to have other than a t shirt too. Just like Justice wasnt that good in your opinion right?

other than the bunch of free tshirts i got, i just got a signed vinyl. it seemed cooler

signmeup
10-13-2007, 12:24 PM
SO my little gem of info for the evening is this.

justice DOES use those modular synths. but they do not patch live.

they WILL be touring the states again next year.

OH and they are fucking cool.

more on that tomorrow.

and apparently their fabriclive is postponed because they started on the mix before they knew the restrictions and now they are in trouble with the fabric people.

Sexecutioner
10-13-2007, 01:01 PM
I wanted to go to LA for New Years and see Justice and Busy P and Steve Aoki...but its 21+, that sucks for me....you guys got the flyers right, after the Fonda gig? my girlie did and told me about it...

what is this? did i miss something? justice/busy p/ steve aoki are playing a NYE show in LA?

superfiction
10-13-2007, 01:06 PM
and apparently their fabriclive is postponed because they started on the mix before they knew the restrictions and now they are in trouble with the fabric people.

is that what he was saying? i couldnt really catch what he was takling about with that

Robototron
10-13-2007, 02:03 PM
what is this? did i miss something? justice/busy p/ steve aoki are playing a NYE show in LA?

First off, Steve Aoki doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same post as Busy P & Justice. Second, yes (http://www.myspace.com/hardnye).

And what are the Fabric mix restrictions? I didn't know they had any.

suprefan
10-13-2007, 02:08 PM

Heres the thread, check it out.

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12108

signmeup
10-13-2007, 08:28 PM
First off, Steve Aoki doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same post as Busy P & Justice. Second, yes (http://www.myspace.com/hardnye).

And what are the Fabric mix restrictions? I didn't know they had any.

Im dunno, but Im sure theres some types of restrictions, it not just like, hey do a mix, alright cool, thanks.

Oh and Bryce, I believe you forgot one rather large gem...

Sexecutioner
10-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Heres the thread, check it out.

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12108

damn, ive seen that thread title a ton, and never clicked on it, figuring it would be some lame NYE thing. i guess thats what i get.

CSebastian
10-13-2007, 11:50 PM
NYE anyone?
www.caesarsebastian.com
or[
http://www.flickr.com/photos/caesarsebatian (http://www.flickr.com/photos/caesarsebastian)
photos here
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2186/1536533220_43963f666d_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2050/1536845080_c106c40770_o.jpg

††††††††††††††††††††††††††

orbit
10-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Great pics!

Your link doesn't work.

CSebastian
10-13-2007, 11:56 PM
try it, all good to go..sorry jack & coke

fober
10-14-2007, 12:47 AM
Great job as always CS.

suprefan
10-14-2007, 12:48 AM
So where is the Vancouver report?

paulb
10-14-2007, 02:22 AM
I just got home from the Vancouver show... stayed and watched Mehdi and then Xavier mix it up till 1:30am....was really really unreal and great. Rough crowd. Justice were fuckin excellent. Me and Rage Patton&his girlfriend were hangin out the whole time, the show was off the hook. There was one part about 3min into the show during Phantom where it just went off and everyone started jumping up and down. twas great. Mehdi was super fuckin amazing. Im really stoked to see him on Thursday again...I met all the guys and got photos with them except Mehdi. Ive got a bunch of stories about chilling outside the venue. Gaspard and Mehdi walk up to me, since Im wearing the Ed Banger shirt and we chit chat a lil bit, than Mehdi asks "well, can you help us? Do you know where the venue is?" and im like "right behind you..." oh twas funny. its a late night and im sure ill got tons more to say in the morning.

paulb
10-14-2007, 02:23 AM
oh.

PS: No merch :( customs.

Rukes
10-14-2007, 03:08 AM
photos by Rukes from last night:
http://photo.rukes.com/musicbox4/musicbox4.html

Thanks :) Wasn't sure exactly where to post the pics since Justice and Ed Banger don't have thier own forums :)

For those too lazy to click it, here are some pics:

http://photo.rukes.com/musicbox4/slides/musicbox4%20027.jpg

http://photo.rukes.com/musicbox4/slides/musicbox4%20090.jpg

http://photo.rukes.com/musicbox4/slides/musicbox4%20086.jpg

suprefan
10-14-2007, 07:55 AM
Thanks Cseb and Rukes, you guys rule.

rage patton
10-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Justice was pretty awesome last night. I had a really good time. Stayed up front until they started DVNO, then my girlfriend and I moved back a bit to have some more dancing room. Then we moved back to the front for the encore. Master of Puppets KILLED! The looks on people faces were hilarious. Some were like WTF? Others were like WTF!?!?!?! YEAH!!! A full out pit started. It was awesome. A really fun show, I am glad I went.
My girlfriend and I were also like the 3rd people in line haha. Met up with Paulb and this guy from Seattle. I stayed watching DJ Mehdi till about 12:45 then grabbed some McDonalds.
Ok Paul, get this. When I got to the skytrain... it was fuckin closed!!! I had no way home. They closed the gates 10 minutes early. It was a shitty way to end a great night.
But still. Justice ruled.

suprefan
10-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Paulb, so your verdict? L.A. night 2? Or Vancouver, only the show and stuff, nothing else. Meeting them and all is just a by product. Bummer for all the canadians who camt get shirts.

paulb
10-14-2007, 12:47 PM
I didnt go to LA night 2...my girlfriend did.

Josh, same with me, for some reason I thought the skytrain closed at 2am, so i left the venue at 1:30 and then saw it was closed. I was fucked aswell. I had to call my friend in Surrey to pick me up downtown. How did you get home?

superfiction
10-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Im dunno, but Im sure theres some types of restrictions, it not just like, hey do a mix, alright cool, thanks.

Oh and Bryce, I believe you forgot one rather large gem...

not everything is meant to be public ; )

oh and i have your shirts if you wanna swap em out for 2 smalls thats fine.

and i want my picture with x yo

hook it up

Wheres the beef?
10-14-2007, 01:39 PM
So found this on DIME... http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=164510

Its not Justice but its the chem bros at SF Concourse from back in september. The reason I bring this up is that it was upped by the guy who I met at Justice at the mezzanine. Recording is awesome. This gives me much hope that we will see the SF show in its entirety at some point soon.

signmeup
10-14-2007, 01:53 PM
not everything is meant to be public ; )

oh and i have your shirts if you wanna swap em out for 2 smalls thats fine.

and i want my picture with x yo

hook it up

well yay for us! cool, i will send you that picture as soon as i import it.

suprefan
10-14-2007, 02:08 PM
I didnt go to LA night 2...my girlfriend did.

Josh, same with me, for some reason I thought the skytrain closed at 2am, so i left the venue at 1:30 and then saw it was closed. I was fucked aswell. I had to call my friend in Surrey to pick me up downtown. How did you get home?

Guess I read it wrong....... Any photos from the show?

lowfront
10-14-2007, 03:08 PM
6 days away till NY.

Getting a little excited.

idk, its just justice right? Who cares....

maybe I won't even go.

Bud Luster
10-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Thanks :) Wasn't sure exactly where to post the pics since Justice and Ed Banger don't have thier own forums :)

For those too lazy to click it, here are some pics:

http://photo.rukes.com/musicbox4/slides/musicbox4%20027.jpg

http://photo.rukes.com/musicbox4/slides/musicbox4%20090.jpg

http://photo.rukes.com/musicbox4/slides/musicbox4%20086.jpg

Werd up Drew, you own as usual!

paulb
10-14-2007, 10:36 PM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7P8VXNJB

here is a short clip of Mehdi spinning after Justice. It was a real fun time.

rage patton
10-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Mehdi put on a great set. He was really fun and really into the music.
Those bitches who kept jumping up on the tables and chairs in front of us were anoying eh Paul?
I'll download the video later.

Also on a side note. Midnight Juggernauts were pretty good live. Some songs sounded really good. Others... not so much. My favorite songs were Into The Galaxy and the song where the lead singer/synth player switched places withe bassist/guitarist and he played synth and did some distorted vocals. Their drummer was actually the most entertaining members of the band to watch I found. But yeah. They were fun.

signmeup
10-14-2007, 11:01 PM
I wish they played in Seattle, I love MJ. I dont know why they just randomly skipped that date.

rage patton
10-15-2007, 12:19 PM
I wish they played in Seattle, I love MJ. I dont know why they just randomly skipped that date.

Who opened in Seattle? Just DJ Mehdi?

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 12:31 PM
66 pages on Justice?!? :blah

Looks like we have found the most over rated musical group of 2007.

Bosco
10-15-2007, 12:34 PM
I could sell my two tickets for over $100 for the Chicago show on Wednesday. And im very tempted...

signmeup
10-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Who opened in Seattle? Just DJ Mehdi?

A couple local DJs and the Mehdi

Mehdi ended his set before Justice with the Feist Boys Noize remix which was amazing. He just let it play while he danced and sang, it was awesome.

suprefan
10-15-2007, 02:14 PM
I could sell my two tickets for over $100 for the Chicago show on Wednesday. And im very tempted...

Dude, go. Erol Alkan is opening, you really wanna miss that?

66 pages on Justice?!? :blah

Looks like we have found the most over rated musical group of 2007.

This coming from the guy who thinks the Silversun Pickups are the second coming of rock.

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 02:29 PM
suprefan, i think this is just another case of some emo tard like yourself thinking that you "found" justice first on this board you can't seem to log off of, so now u feel the need to fill your insecurities by posting thousands of times on it, and ripping anyone who doesn't agree with you that justice, is well, just maybe an average couple of technoheads with a catchy song that nobody will ever hear about again in a year. SSPU? They will be around a while, so no worries here.

signmeup
10-15-2007, 03:00 PM
while i would agree that this isnt the best place to have a Justice thread this long, i dont think arguing about whos gonna disappear first, Silversun Pickups or Justice will solve anything as they are two different genres of music with two different fan bases. I honestly know nothing about SSPU except that I dont like them and Im sure shyguy could say the same for Justice, but Im not an expert on that band, and your not an expert on this band, so save your retard comments for something you know about.

paulb
10-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Justice = amazing...

Silversun Pickups = good.

There is no point in actually compairing them, but I do believe Justice are doing more for their genre than Silversun are for theirs...

superfiction
10-15-2007, 03:09 PM

ROB STOP TURNING ON ME

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Great post signmeup. ALOT of people should heed your advice on this forum, but they are experts on everything music in their own mind, so it is justified. Sorry you are so butt-hurt over my Justice hypothetical. Carry on.

Justice = Button pressing

SSPU = real musicians playing real instruments.

really, its not even close kids

rage patton
10-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Great post signmeup. ALOT of people should heed your advice on this forum, but they are experts on everything music in their own mind, so it is justified. Sorry you are so butt-hurt over my Justice hypothetical. Carry on.

Justice = Button pressing

SSPU = real musicians playing real instruments.

really, its not even close kids. Put down the "E", Daft Punk's set finished two years ago. You will never get that feeling back, no matter what techno band you try to have emulate that feeling for you.

I would like to see SSPU get behind some buttoms and make music as fun and dancable as Justice.
Im sure your response would but the same about Justice. Lets so what they can do behind real instruments. The thing is... they have. They were both in a Metallica tribute band before making Justice. So there we have it. Justice are probably better musicians than SSPU as well.
Also, I would like too say once again how AMAZING their remix of Master Of Puppets was. Wow did it ever kick ass.

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 03:42 PM
"They were both in a Metallica tribute band"

LOL! Did you just really post that? High school tribute bands played during your prom don't count.

Rage, I am not "knocking" on Justice as much as you think. SSPU would never get into button pressing to make the "e" kids dance because there are enough button pressors in this world as is! I just think it is funny some on this board can't take a dosage of their own medicine from time to time.

I don't want to hijack this thread and make it something that it is not (take notes NOOBS). We can just agree to disagree, spit, shake, and carry on our merry ways.

rage patton
10-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Wait... a Metallica tribute band played at your prom? Where did you go to high school? I would have loved to go there.

And my point was that if you were going to say Justice cant play real instruments, then you would be wrong. Whether or not you like Metallica, they are skilled musicians.

superfiction
10-15-2007, 04:22 PM
"They were both in a Metallica tribute band"

LOL! Did you just really post that? High school tribute bands played during your prom don't count.

Rage, I am not "knocking" on Justice as much as you think. SSPU would never get into button pressing to make the "e" kids dance because there are enough button pressors in this world as is! I just think it is funny some on this board can't take a dosage of their own medicine from time to time.

I don't want to hijack this thread and make it something that it is not (take notes NOOBS). We can just agree to disagree, spit, shake, and carry on our merry ways.

justice do not make music for "e" kids. they are phenomenal producers. get the fuck out of the justice thread if you dont like them. i didnt go into some sspu thread and hate on your band. and if you wanna get into it, there are way too many fucking boring ass bands like sspu that need to learn how to think outside of the box and stop making music for little asshats like yourself

Bosco
10-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Dude, go. Erol Alkan is opening, you really wanna miss that?

Actually, he plays right after Justice, in another section of the venue.

ROB STOP TURNING ON ME

I know I've been really critical of Ed Banger and friends as of late, but lets face it. Im really not gonna see anything new that I didnt already see at their Coachella set earlier this year. Sure, they are finishing on a Metallica remix, but frankly, I couldnt give a fuck. I would rather hear something new that THEY made, but that aint happening. Not only that, the concert is only gonna last about an hour with no spectacular visuals to twist my mind off the same damn tunes I listened to the first 6 months of this year.

I probably would be more excited if I hadnt seen them before, but I can already read their whole routine.

And I dont blame it on Justice for making the way I feel. I blame it on the fucking hype. They've only got one album out and people think they're the 2nd comming of Chirst (including their Ed Banger posse).

superfiction
10-15-2007, 04:30 PM
the set is way better than coachella i promise. and i talked to them abotu it and i guess they tweak it a little every night. which causes me to have more respect for them than daft as far as the live setting goes. and im not talkign tweak like distort stuff, im talkign about the actual sequencing. so its far more impressive.

and yeah everyone over hypes them and it bums me out too, but that doesnt mean you shuold abandon a great act because of other peoples projections onto them

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Lots of butt hurt people on this thread I see. I wasn't even trying either.

LOL at someone who loves techno asking a rock band to think outside the box! Just lol!

Highly comical, yet sadly reflective.

Bosco
10-15-2007, 04:57 PM
shyguy75,

with the comments you've made thus far, you sound like you belong on the Lollapalooza messageboard

just sayin...

Bosco
10-15-2007, 04:58 PM
bryce,

Im not abandoning. Im just doing my duty to be somewhat level headed, while everyone is going ape shit over them.

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 05:09 PM
Bosco, I would love to hear what the lolla comment means (feel free to pm me if you don't want to hijack), and kudos to you and your levelhead.

seachanges
10-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Hey Paulb, a friend of mine said some dudes gave out a couple shirts during Justice's set. Any idea which ones? I wasn't close enough to see.

rage patton
10-15-2007, 05:20 PM
I grabbed one at the Vancouver show.

It was an RVCA shirt with a sparrow (or something) on it. Nothing special. But it was a cool shirt and it was free. None of them were the Justice tour shirts.

Bosco
10-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Shyguy,

No need for pm's. The comment "button pressing" aka "button pushers" is a phrase used wayyyyyyyyyyy too often on the Lollapalooza board to describe an ELECTRONIC group. And the way you've slighted ELECTRONIC music is just like a Lollapalooza forumer. Hence, it makes me think your from the Lollapalooza board.

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Ahh, makes sense B. No, I was here last year, just another a different name. The lolla board comes many moons later. Didn't notice the button pressers comment specifically on the lolla board. Thought the term was universal. I love me some techno and electronic button pressing. If done right, no can defense.

seachanges
10-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Ok cool, I didn't miss out

I went to the Seattle show and got a tour T-shirt for free : ) But......that was about the only good thing about the whole trip. Nobody in seattle dances, I couldn't get into the show at all. It was a waste of time, except for the shirt.

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm here for the same reason you are Kingsblend. To flex my musical muscles so everyone knows that the music I like and the music I think is garbage is the correct music...and to have a life like you suggest, patterned of course off your internet persona. Duh

paulyg
10-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Anyone pull the Justice show from San Diego or Fonda night 2?

EZTorrent is not accepting new users right now and I would really like to grab a copy of this show. If anyone would be willing to trade, I would be very appreciative. I could offer an old Daft Punk - Daftendirektour to you. Or we could talk about other shows. Please say what's up or PM me if you would be willing to help.

Not you, Shyguy.

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 05:52 PM
If I said I was sorry would you forgive me paulyG?

rage patton
10-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Ok cool, I didn't miss out

I went to the Seattle show and got a tour T-shirt for free : ) But......that was about the only good thing about the whole trip. Nobody in seattle dances, I couldn't get into the show at all. It was a waste of time, except for the shirt.

You shoulda come to Vancouver. The place was bouncing the whole night! Everywhere you went, people were dancing. It was great.

You wouldnt happen to have any extra Justice tour T's would ya? They werent selling them in Van.

seachanges
10-15-2007, 06:56 PM
You shoulda come to Vancouver. The place was bouncing the whole night! Everywhere you went, people were dancing. It was great.

You wouldnt happen to have any extra Justice tour T's would ya? They werent selling them in Van.

No I did go, I went to both : ) Vancouver was insane, I havn't seen a crowd at the commodore go that crazy in years.

Sorry I don't have any extra T's, I tried but the cute merch girl wouldn't give in. She said they were hoping to sneak a couple in, but I guess the they ran out.

rage patton
10-15-2007, 07:08 PM
The Vancouver show was great. The electronic scene is Vancouver has been growing quite rapidly over the last little while.
Apparently the reason there was no merch in Vancouver was because they couldnt clear the shirts through customs for some reason.

signmeup
10-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Okay, SSPU vs Justice was stupid in the first place, and now its over, so everyone shut up. By the way, If you call Justice Techno one more time Ill bitch like a little girl and explain to you what Electronic music is.

And to those who are "getting over this Ed Banger phase' /response to Bosco"

The Ed Banger crew doesnt think Justice is the second coming. justice one the remix competiton for Simians 'Never Be Alone' in Europe and that track exploded and they got real big real fast obviously, Ed Banger obviously supports them as they are the biggest act on the label and now they are gaining worldwide recognition and bringing this whole new (hate to use this word) scene of electronic music everywhere, similar to what Daft Punk did for it. So just relax, yeah, so many hipster jerk off kids are on Ed Bangers nuts like me on your mom but trhat doesnt mean they suck. I love Ed Banger, I didnt get what I expected out of cross but I still love that album because its a fucking banger(no pun intended). Dont let stupid kids ruin music, it will pass eventually, and there will be less stupid kids, and more good fucking music. Try harder. and if you honestly dont like it, then cool whatever, jsut dont come in here talking about some shitty indie band and using the word techno like your my fucking grandma calling asians orientles.

/end incrediblly stupid rant

sorry about that..

oh and superfiction knows more about what youre talking about than you do shyguy, so settle down there.

ps. rage if you wear a small i could possible give you a shirt.

rage patton
10-15-2007, 07:20 PM
I dont usualy... but I could find a way to fit into it if I dont find another one. I will have to get back to you. Thanks!

signmeup
10-15-2007, 07:30 PM
yeah it is pretty small. bryce and i have a lot of extras because xavier and their tour manager just gave us a bunch after the show because they had a couple extra cases. just let me know

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Right on signmeup.

Did you hear him suprefan? You shouldn't bring some shitty indie bands into the Justice thread! I hope you learned your lesson here.

rage patton
10-15-2007, 07:35 PM
Wait... seriously? They just gave you some? Are you going to Vegoose?
If not, I will talk to Bryce. I will probably be seeing him at some point at Vegoose. Did he get any mediums or larges by chance?

suprefan
10-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Listening to the Mezzanine bootleg. Sounds clean, just kill the crowd and its all good.

rage patton
10-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Supre, do you have any extra Justice tour t-shirts?

Bosco
10-15-2007, 08:28 PM
The Ed Banger crew doesnt think Justice is the second coming.

Yeah, that got interpreted wrong, I should have worded it better. What was ment to be said was:

"They've only got one album out and people think Justice *and the Ed banger Crew* are the 2nd comming of Christ."

justice one the remix competiton for Simians 'Never Be Alone' in Europe and that track exploded.

wait, I thought they did the remix to enter A remix contest (not just for Simian remix contest) and I believe they came in 2nd place. But Pedro Winters some how met Gaspard and Xavier through So-Me at some fashion design party or something. And Pedro mentioned he was starting a record label. Gaspard and Xavier then mentioned they had a remix. Pedro listened to it, liked it, and wanted them to sign to his label and do their own material. Thus, we have Justice.

Correct me Bryce, I know you know the whole story.

signmeup
10-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Yeah, that got interpreted wrong, I should have worded it better. What was ment to be said was:

"They've only got one album out and people think Justice *and the Ed banger Crew* are the 2nd comming of Christ."

wait, I thought they did the remix to enter A remix contest (not just for Simian remix contest) and I believe they came in 2nd place. But Pedro Winters some how met Gaspard and Xavier through So-Me at some fashion design party or something. And Pedro mentioned he was starting a record label. Gaspard and Xavier then mentioned they had a remix. Pedro listened to it, liked it, and wanted them to sign to his label and do their own material. Thus, we have Justice.

Correct me Bryce, I know you know the whole story.

I get what you meant, sorry about that, and yeah i was a little angry so i got my facts mixed up, and spelled 'won' wrong, jesus. Im pretty sure it was the Simian contest and yeah they did place second, but it was still massivley popular. and the whole meeting pedro through so me is right.

signmeup
10-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Wait... seriously? They just gave you some? Are you going to Vegoose?
If not, I will talk to Bryce. I will probably be seeing him at some point at Vegoose. Did he get any mediums or larges by chance?

Yeah, they felt bad that we never got into the show.

I will be there. I might be able to give you a medium because i have a medium, a large, and a few smalls. I think Bryce just has smalls. He has my medium though, so once I get it back Ill check it out.

edit:sorry for the double post

anti-square
10-15-2007, 09:20 PM

I just read an article on Justice in the new Blender and it said Busy P met them at a cheese tasting party Gaspard's mom was having. They played their simian remix, Busy P heard it and signed them on the spot.

Bosco
10-15-2007, 09:38 PM
I dont understand why he (Pedro) would sign them up right after hearing the Justice vs. Simian "Never be Alone" track. Its nothing earth shatering (IMO), just has a catchy vocal loop, but thats it.

But I shouldnt even talk, I couldnt make a dance tune if my life depended on it.

rage patton
10-15-2007, 09:45 PM
Yeah, they felt bad that we never got into the show.

I will be there. I might be able to give you a medium because i have a medium, a large, and a few smalls. I think Bryce just has smalls. He has my medium though, so once I get it back Ill check it out.

edit:sorry for the double post

You are going to Vegoose? Awesome. Bryce said he isnt a big fan, but I seriously suggest checking out Gogol Bordello. They are pretty much the best live act I have ever seen. I know a lot of people who dont like their recorded music, but love them live. Sorry. Just had to throw that out there.
And yeah. If either of you guys have an extra medium out there, that would be awesome. I would be willing to pay for it too. If not, I will take an extra small off of your hands. Thanks again.

I dont understand why he (Pedro) would sign them up right after hearing the Justice vs. Simian "Never be Alone" track. Its nothing earth shatering (IMO), just has a catchy vocal loop, but thats it.

But I shouldnt even talk, I couldnt make a dance tune if my life depended on it.

Obviously Pedro saw something in that track you dont. I dont think he regrets signing them one bit.

signmeup
10-15-2007, 10:00 PM
You are going to Vegoose? Awesome. Bryce said he isnt a big fan, but I seriously suggest checking out Gogol Bordello. They are pretty much the best live act I have ever seen. I know a lot of people who dont like their recorded music, but love them live. Sorry. Just had to throw that out there.
And yeah. If either of you guys have an extra medium out there, that would be awesome. I would be willing to pay for it too. If not, I will take an extra small off of your hands. Thanks again.

Yeah Ive heard great things, I hear 'start wearing purple' and mokeys clapping' at my work all the time. I was bummed that i missed them @ Caochella, I cant remember who I was seeing instead, and I missed them at Bumbershoot here in Seattle too, but they were the only act I really wouldve wanted to see and I didnt really want to pay.

I already promised two of my friends that I would get them autographs anyway, haha.

Ill figure stuff out about the shirts and let you know, no problem.

smokealotapotamus
10-15-2007, 10:06 PM
One of those friends is me, right? ;)

signmeup
10-15-2007, 10:29 PM
One of those friends is me, right? ;)

DUH! You and Aaron of course!

paulb
10-16-2007, 12:47 AM
No I did go, I went to both : ) Vancouver was insane, I havn't seen a crowd at the commodore go that crazy in years.

Sorry I don't have any extra T's, I tried but the cute merch girl wouldn't give in. She said they were hoping to sneak a couple in, but I guess the they ran out.

You got that right. The Commodore audience were insane! It was too crazy to take my camera out, so I only ended up with 2 pics once i moved back during the encore... There was a part right at the beginning of Phantom II where it just went off and Ive never seen the Commodore jump up and down in sync like that. I wish I could relive that day over and over... Ya, Gaspard told me before the show they would be back in March, hopefully he meant Vancouver aswell.

superfiction
10-16-2007, 05:55 AM
yeahhh i just got home from work and totally mised this convo. but yeah the shirt stuff. yes to all of it. or something like that.

superfiction
10-16-2007, 06:04 AM
Lots of butt hurt people on this thread I see. I wasn't even trying either.

LOL at someone who loves techno asking a rock band to think outside the box! Just lol!

Highly comical, yet sadly reflective.

please learn your terms.
grow up.
stop loling.
shut the fuck up.
thx.

ThomThom
10-16-2007, 09:11 AM
ShyGuy,

You are not a lame guy at all, don't pull lame shit like this...Your better than that. We all like Justice, deal with it, you like The Silversun Pickups, we deal with it. It's all music and as music fans we should appreciate them both in one way or another.

Pull out one of those J's you grabbed for Rage Patton in the other thread and share it with everybody here... Group hug?

ShyGuy75
10-16-2007, 09:41 AM
Everyone just calm down now. We are all cyber-friends here.

*passes j to Thom Thom*

Wheres the beef?
10-16-2007, 05:16 PM
gtfo, ShyGuy75.

rage patton
10-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Fuck. Yeah.

G3Wvz8iEW_s

Sexecutioner
10-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Fuck. Yeah.

G3Wvz8iEW_s

damn, whoever filmed that is a bad ass! ;)

rage patton
10-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Hahaha wow. You filmed that? Thats awesome. Good job man! Your camera has really good sound on it.

suprefan
10-16-2007, 06:21 PM
damn, whoever filmed that is a bad ass! ;)

Yeah yeah Josh, dont make me put my footage up. No encore though, you lucked out.

and you also are lucky to be so close, cause they were far back on the stge at the Fonda. There you couldve touched all their gear and whatnot. Its like putting DP into a small club with the pyramid.

joppy-slow
10-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Fuck. Yeah.

G3Wvz8iEW_s

nice.............. it would be fun to have justice back at coachella..

suprefan
10-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah Greg!!! Are you going to Vegoose? Come on man, DP!!!

kreutz2112
10-16-2007, 07:42 PM
supre i dont think your footage is as good as what sex got.

rage patton
10-16-2007, 07:43 PM
OOOOoooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooo....

Thems fightin' words!

mistdevil
10-16-2007, 07:45 PM
HAHHAHA !!! chris's are much better.. trust me

suprefan
10-16-2007, 07:47 PM
supre i dont think your footage is as good as what sex got.

I have about 30 mins worth. To his 4, we use the same camera. and I was right up front.

kreutz2112
10-16-2007, 07:49 PM
i'll believe it when I see it.

suprefan
10-16-2007, 07:50 PM
What my footage in general? Its sitting here on my desktop, want a screenshot?

kreutz2112
10-16-2007, 07:51 PM
the justice footage.

suprefan
10-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Geez I swear, like peopel think I am lying. What the Detour footage wasnt enough to make you happy?

kreutz2112
10-16-2007, 07:56 PM
I didnt see the detour footage. I hate going through all the garbage in this thread and the daft punk thread to find the 1 or 2 worthwhile posts. I really am not being an ass, I am just trying to get you to post your other footage.

suprefan
10-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Im putting up one of them to shut you up. thats all you are getting. and checking its about 25 mins worth( I swear I thought it was longer)So sorry if you dont search for the full detour set. I put it up and if you dont find it, thats not my fault.

suprefan
10-16-2007, 08:22 PM
For the haters

Justice @ The Fonda 10-09-07 (http://www.sharebig.com/d/srplkkech/0qCXLpQ47158B320A/MOV09409.MPG.htm)

anti-square
10-16-2007, 08:29 PM
peer pressure works everytime

suprefan
10-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Dude, a 3 minute clip isnt going to kill me. The 15 minute one is still sitting here on my desktop. Sorry, you wont see it.

Somewhat Damaged
10-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Fuck. Yeah.

G3Wvz8iEW_s

Wow, after all the hullabaloo about their remix of "Master of Puppets," I expected something much better. I'm sure something's lost in the translation to video and it's more fun being there, but I expected the song to be a lot better than what I heard in this video.

EDIT: I spent my 500th post being critical of a group I enjoy. Go, me.

rage patton
10-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Yeah... the intensity was lost in translation.

The crowd went nuts when they started playing it!!!

Sexecutioner
10-16-2007, 11:08 PM
LOL, nice one kruetz. seeing supre get defensive about his filming is hilarious. that was way too easy. supre, its not a fuckin competition bro! and i think its funny that usually you will have no problem sharing your shit (which is great, and how it should be), but other times, like now, you hoard it. why? just so you can find a way to be superior on the board? cuz you think people arent appreciating your shit? whats funniest is that i asked you nicely to share your footage, and you wouldnt, but the only reason you shared a little now is cuz your filming skills were questioned. i dont know, maybe im wrong, maybe you have your own legit reasons for not sharing, but if i had to guess, its cuz you take this whole internet thing waaaay too seriously.

rage patton
10-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Sexecutioner, I have to ask you... are you a huge GWAR fan or something?

If not... where is your name from?

suprefan
10-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Its more of a ''nobody would believe me if I won a million dollars until i deposited it into their bank account'' kind of feeling.

fober
10-17-2007, 06:32 AM
I'm sure something's lost in the translation to video and it's more fun being there, but I expected the song to be a lot better than what I heard in this video.

No, that was about it.

That whole encore was a waste of time.

Sexecutioner
10-17-2007, 07:43 AM
Sexecutioner, I have to ask you... are you a huge GWAR fan or something?

If not... where is your name from?

haha, good call. that is where i got the name from. i wouldnt say im a huge fan, but i used to love the scumdogs album back in the day. that shit cracks me up.

rage patton
10-17-2007, 09:09 AM
haha, good call. that is where i got the name from. i wouldnt say im a huge fan, but i used to love the scumdogs album back in the day. that shit cracks me up.

Haha ok. I thought so. Well, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw your name. But I thought "No. It couldnt be. What would a GWAR fan be doing on the Coachella boards?"
I actually dont know much Gwar, but what I do know... cracks me up too. They are playing the Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver in Novemeber or December I think. I was thinking of going... but tickets are too expensive.

suprefan
10-17-2007, 10:38 AM
They need to pay for the fake blood.

paulb
10-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Gwar are pretty fun. The only song I actually like of them is called, Immortal Corrupter...It was pretty kickass live. Although, overall, it aint my thing. Seen them twice at Sounds of the Underground.

joppy-slow
10-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Yeah Greg!!! Are you going to Vegoose? Come on man, DP!!!

whatup chris.. no, unfortunately i am not.. but i will be seeing Dieselboy on Halloween night. are you meeting up with Nichole in Vegas?

Wheres the beef?
10-17-2007, 06:32 PM
LOL, nice one kruetz. seeing supre get defensive about his filming is hilarious. that was way too easy. supre, its not a fuckin competition bro! and i think its funny that usually you will have no problem sharing your shit (which is great, and how it should be), but other times, like now, you hoard it. why? just so you can find a way to be superior on the board? cuz you think people arent appreciating your shit? whats funniest is that i asked you nicely to share your footage, and you wouldnt, but the only reason you shared a little now is cuz your filming skills were questioned. i dont know, maybe im wrong, maybe you have your own legit reasons for not sharing, but if i had to guess, its cuz you take this whole internet thing waaaay too seriously.

I cant vouch for other people but I will throw in my two cents: Do I share every show I tape? No. Why? Because sometimes its just for me. It is what my eyes saw or my ears heard. Not anyone else. I dunno, just my two cents.

Sexecutioner
10-17-2007, 07:28 PM
I cant vouch for other people but I will throw in my two cents: Do I share every show I tape? No. Why? Because sometimes its just for me. It is what my eyes saw or my ears heard. Not anyone else. I dunno, just my two cents.

well thats your right. a little selfish if you ask me, but thats just my opinion. when i take video or pics, i do it so i can look back and remember how much fun it was, and if i have the power to give other people that same joy of reliving something cool, then i would never hold back. i love knowing something i did brings joy to others. i guess you guys prefer knowing that you have something that other dont.

Wheres the beef?
10-17-2007, 07:38 PM
well thats your right. a little selfish if you ask me, but thats just my opinion. when i take video or pics, i do it so i can look back and remember how much fun it was, and if i have the power to give other people that same joy of reliving something cool, then i would never hold back. i love knowing something i did brings joy to others. i guess you guys prefer knowing that you have something that other dont.

Meh not exactly. I share my pics and stuff. But why do I have to share everything? I am the one who went through the trouble, who invested the money for the equipment. If others want memories they can bring their cameras and their recording devices.

But I will say it is very much a community and I like being part of the ROIO community and giving back. I think giving back is important. Just saying that, you know, why do I have to share everything? Maybe I don't feel that its worth putting up (poor quality, incomplete, etc) even if it would make others happy. Plus if you have something that not everyone and their mother has downloaded off the internet, it makes it that much more special when you give it to someone. Or I mean maybe a special release for friends then a few months later up it to the net. It really depends what we are talking about here.

Bosco
10-17-2007, 08:28 PM
I went, I showed, I sold.

Sexecutioner
10-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Meh not exactly. I share my pics and stuff. But why do I have to share everything? I am the one who went through the trouble, who invested the money for the equipment. If others want memories they can bring their cameras and their recording devices.

But I will say it is very much a community and I like being part of the ROIO community and giving back. I think giving back is important. Just saying that, you know, why do I have to share everything? Maybe I don't feel that its worth putting up (poor quality, incomplete, etc) even if it would make others happy. Plus if you have something that not everyone and their mother has downloaded off the internet, it makes it that much more special when you give it to someone. Or I mean maybe a special release for friends then a few months later up it to the net. It really depends what we are talking about here.

you dont HAVE to share everything, i just dont see a reason why not to, except for selfish ones. i mean yea, if its poor quality, thats a different story. but this whole time ive been talking about not sharing stuff that you know other people would enjoy. i just dont get it. i dont want to go round and round about this anymore though, it just comes down to a difference of opinion, so lets just agree to disagree.

rage patton
10-17-2007, 09:46 PM
I went, I showed, I sold.

So you decided to go to the show? Or not?

Somewhat Damaged
10-17-2007, 09:50 PM
It sounds like he sold his ticket. That's how I interpreted it at least.

Bosco
10-17-2007, 10:13 PM
green is a beautiful color

suprefan
10-17-2007, 10:59 PM
green is a beautiful color

Meanie, I hope they did something special and you missed out.

Bosco
10-17-2007, 11:12 PM
well, I kinda regret it cause I know it had to be a good time. On the other hand I sold the tickets to two desperate guys that hugged me after the sale.

So while I wasnt in the "Justice" mood, I replaced my spot with two stolked guys, that traveled from Columbus Ohio.

thus, the tickets were in good hands.

insert_name_here
10-17-2007, 11:49 PM
well, I kinda regret it cause I know it had to be a good time. On the other hand I sold the tickets to two desperate guys that hugged me after the sale.

So while I wasnt in the "Justice" mood, I replaced my spot with two stolked guys, that traveled from Columbus Ohio.

in good hands - sure. but, my oh my did you miss out on something incredible. i've haven't seen Metro explode in a wave of dance like this since i saw The Faint back in 2004. literally everyone danced. the photographers and security guards in the pit. the VIP sections on the left and right. the bartender behind me. it was pandemonium. We Are Your Friends molded into Waters of Nazareth = priceless.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u165/forkman1100/DSC01336.jpg

mistdevil
10-18-2007, 01:53 AM
nice picture..

superfiction
10-18-2007, 04:27 AM

i want a divorce

Bosco
10-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Justice World Tour shirts are on sale @ arcademode.com for those who are interested

Bosco
10-18-2007, 12:49 PM
i want a divorce

they'll be back. And with a better show.

paulb
10-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Justice World Tour shirts are on sale @ arcademode.com for those who are interested

DUDE!!!! You are the fuckin best! Thanks for sharing that info...I just grabbed me a size L! SOOOOOOOOOO worth it, comes out to 44 euros...thats 61 CAD.

Im sure they will sell out...although the description on the site says they have some "serious" stock on them...

Bosco
10-18-2007, 01:29 PM
I grabbed 3 of them....worst case senario is I sell them at face value...

paulb
10-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Ya, i was sooo excited i only grabbed 1, stupidy realizing now I shoulda grabbed at least 2, to save on shipping. Either way, im still a very happy guy. Thanks for the heads up, I thought id never be able to get one...

Sexecutioner
10-18-2007, 01:40 PM
you know what would make justice 10 times cooler? if their logo wasnt a fuckin cross. man i hate that shit.

excuse my ignorance, but are they really all religious, or just using that as a joke. if so, its not a very funny joke.

Bosco
10-18-2007, 01:42 PM
excuse my ignorance, but are they really all religious, or just using that as a joke.

a joke.

if so, its not a very funny joke.

they're french

mistdevil
10-18-2007, 01:45 PM
grabbed 2 thanks bosco for the tip, anyone ever bought things from arcade mode? how long does it take to ship?

rage patton
10-18-2007, 01:47 PM
I heard from somewhere that they actually are religious.

Look at the song titles..
Genesis?
Let There Be Light?
Waters of Nazareth?

Atleast one of them has got to be...

Bosco
10-18-2007, 01:49 PM
last time I bought from arcade mode was when I bought those collecters edition box set of †. It took a month to get it, but that was only because they didnt wanna give out the product before the release of †. Im guessing we should get our items either the 1st or 2nd week of November.

paulb
10-18-2007, 01:50 PM
grabbed 2 thanks bosco for the tip, anyone ever bought things from arcade mode? how long does it take to ship?

This is the 1st thing ive ever gotten from there, and it JUST reopened, the store was closed for a while, and it says on the main page they will ship the stuff next week...from there i have no clue...but for 20 euros, it better be fast.

mistdevil
10-18-2007, 02:23 PM
when I purchased from puregrooves it was pretty fast.. so I think it should be fast enough from arcade mode.

superfiction
10-18-2007, 02:54 PM

Genesis?
Let There Be Light?
Waters of Nazareth?

i didnt have the balls to ask them.

but by the vibe i got. now. my guess is its a long running joke. starting with their love for metallica (and justice for all) hence the name. and then im sure it was like oh lets make it a giant cross for the t. and it just spiralled out from there

Bud Luster
10-18-2007, 03:25 PM
They have been asked about the cross and if they are religious many times. Their standard answer is "god only knows..."

suprefan
10-18-2007, 04:13 PM

Genesis?
Let There Be Light?
Waters of Nazareth?

Ok, this has been asked about them before. Please see KCRW interview back in May. Just cause it has those titles doesnt mean anything. they kind of tip toed around it, but didnt confirm or deny. And you finally like thought about this?

DUDE!!!! You are the fuckin best! Thanks for sharing that info...I just grabbed me a size L! SOOOOOOOOOO worth it, comes out to 44 euros...thats 61 CAD.

Im sure they will sell out...although the description on the site says they have some "serious" stock on them...

Well I guess you dont feel uber exclusive having finally bought one then huh.

Sexecutioner
10-18-2007, 04:18 PM
in that pitchfork interview, xavier was asked the best book he read in a while, and his response was:
"the bible (this is not a joke)"

link (http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/feature/43922-guest-list-justice)

paulb
10-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Well I guess you dont feel uber exclusive having finally bought one then huh.

I dont care if a million people have Ed Banger shirts, I just want one for myself. I like them alot. And im super stoked Ive got this Justice shirt coming now. Id be happy if everyone wore them and repped Justice.

Sexecutioner
10-18-2007, 04:20 PM
And you finally like thought about this?

no, ive wondered for a while, but never wanted to ask for fear of getting some smart ass music snob response making me feel dumb for not knowing. i guess nobody really knows though, so i dont feel dumb after all.

Lurker_in_a_tree
10-18-2007, 04:37 PM
not religious? you are a fool if you think they're not religious.
"Oh, those song titles don't mean anything" give me a fucking break, how retarded could one be? The title of their first album is a fucking crucifix.
don't get me wrong, justice is fun and I enjoy them, but I wouldn't wear a Justice tee in public, lest some grandma tries to start up a conversation with me about christianity.
If it's all just 'designs and meaningless song titles', why are they exclusively christian in theme? And why did they give an interview that said the last book they read was the bible?
How is this even debatable?

Lurker_in_a_tree
10-18-2007, 05:01 PM
The people who brought it up, obviously.

crazzz2007
10-18-2007, 05:21 PM
no, ive wondered for a while, but never wanted to ask for fear of getting some smart ass music snob response making me feel dumb for not knowing. i guess nobody really knows though, so i dont feel dumb after all.

the only way supre can make you feel dumb is if you are the stupidest person in the world.

Evaneezer
10-18-2007, 06:14 PM
you know what would make justice 10 times cooler? if their logo wasnt a fuckin cross. man i hate that shit.

excuse my ignorance, but are they really all religious, or just using that as a joke. if so, its not a very funny joke.

religious? yeah right man. they're playing the hardest songs with a gigantic cross and you think they may be religious? of course it's a joke, and the best joke at that. everytime i see a cross, the first thing that comes to mind now is that it is a justice cross, not some lame symbol of a lame religion.

Robototron
10-18-2007, 06:47 PM
The whole Justice religion thing is obviously a joke. Anyone who thinks otherwise has no sense of humor, is very gullible, or both.

Even the answer "God only knows" is pretty funny, given what they're being asked.

Lurker_in_a_tree
10-18-2007, 07:51 PM
What makes it "obviously a joke" to you? Usually "jokes" are ya know.. funny and have some sort of point?

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/feature/43922-guest-list-justice

>> Last Great Book I Read
"The Bible (this is not a joke)."

Robototron
10-18-2007, 08:15 PM
What makes it "obviously a joke" to you? Usually "jokes" are ya know.. funny and have some sort of point?

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/feature/43922-guest-list-justice

>> Last Great Book I Read
"The Bible (this is not a joke)."

I heard you the first time, but since we're repeating ourselves...

"Anyone who thinks otherwise has no sense of humor"

Bosco
10-18-2007, 08:18 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/balzz.gif

fatbastard
10-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Do the D.A.N.C.E.
1 2 3 4 fight
Stick to the B.E.A.T.
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T.
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C.
That's how you make it right (x3)

Do the D.A.N.C.E.
Stick to the B.E.A.T.
Just easy as A.B.C.
Do the DANCE

Do the DANCE
The way you move is a mystery
Do the DANCE
You're always there for music and me
Do the DANCE
Do the DANCE

Do the D.A.N.C.E.
1 2 3 4 fight
Stick to the B.E.A.T.
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T.
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C.
That's how you make it right

Do the DANCE (do the dance)

Do the DANCE
Do the DANCE

Under the spotlights
Neither black nor white
It doesn't matter

As strong as you might
Working day and night
Whatever happens

Under the spotlights
Neither black nor white
It doesn't matter

As strong as you might
Working day and night
Whatever happens
Do the DANCE
Do the DANCE
Do the DANCE

orbit
10-18-2007, 09:10 PM
http://www.xrtheme.com/content/emoticons/Cartoon/03.gif

rage patton
10-18-2007, 09:17 PM
No. Its 1,2,3,4 FIGHT.

Sexecutioner
10-18-2007, 09:48 PM
This Justice "religion" thing is hilarious. You people need to stop taking things so seriously.

fuck you, i think its important. if they are actually bible beaters preaching christianity as they go around rocking peoples worlds, then they can suck my cock and i will never pay money to see them again. if its a joke, its only an inside joke, which is lame since they are the only ones laughing.

i mean, if they are trying to steal the churchs logo and make it their own, in a way i think thats cool, but they should make it known they are stealing it. otherwise all these christians think they have finally found some cool christian music (which by the way, doesnt exist).

rage patton
10-18-2007, 09:53 PM
So if Justice came out and said they were Christian, you would stop listening to them?

superfiction
10-18-2007, 10:00 PM
it says 1234fight on a tshirt in the video, jsut for the record...

superfiction
10-18-2007, 10:13 PM
its ok, i thought it was 5's until i saw that

Sexecutioner
10-18-2007, 10:47 PM
So if Justice came out and said they were Christian, you would stop listening to them?

naw, i would probably still listen to them...maybe. but i would lose a lot of respect for them. i know it sounds dumb, but i just really hate that shit. probably wouldnt go see them again. in my mind i kept telling myself that big ass cross was a joke, but if i knew it was real, id probably have a hard time enjoying myself.

anti-square
10-18-2007, 10:56 PM
I see it more as a high jack than anything else. Like someone earlier mentioned, whenever I see a cross now, I think of Justice. Besides listen to "The Party" and then tell me they are religious(or believe in god for that matter)...

rage patton
10-18-2007, 11:21 PM
naw, i would probably still listen to them...maybe. but i would lose a lot of respect for them. i know it sounds dumb, but i just really hate that shit. probably wouldnt go see them again. in my mind i kept telling myself that big ass cross was a joke, but if i knew it was real, id probably have a hard time enjoying myself.

Why? No offence, but that is fucking stupid. Just because they are christians, doesnt mean they are bible thumpers and want to proclaim to the world that they should convert. Maybe they are christian AND its a joke/gimmick. That could be case. Also, just because they are Christian, it doesnt mean they make music christian. And it certainly doesnt mean they are trying to preach to you through their music. Im sorry. That just isnt a good reason to stop listening to them, not at all.

lowfront
10-18-2007, 11:49 PM
So who's going to the NY show on Saturday with me?

Sexecutioner
10-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Why? No offence, but that is fucking stupid.

i already stated i know it sounds dumb. its simple though, i hate christians. well, i take that back, i hate preachy christians. dont try to turn me on to your fuckin cult assholes. just cuz you want to waste your life believing in bullshit doesnt mean i have to.

Just because they are christians, doesnt mean they are bible thumpers and want to proclaim to the world that they should convert. Maybe they are christian AND its a joke/gimmick. That could be case. Also, just because they are Christian, it doesnt mean they make music christian. And it certainly doesnt mean they are trying to preach to you through their music. Im sorry. That just isnt a good reason to stop listening to them, not at all.

and no, this is wrong. if they are christian, how could they not be bible thumpers? if they believe in the cross and then throw this giant fuckin cross in your face all the time, what do you think they are trying to say? not to mention all those gay song titles.

and if they are indeed christian, then it cant also be a joke. its only a joke to put up a cross if you dont believe in the fuckin cross. if you are actually christian, then that cross is a serious symbol, and one that means a lot, not one to be joked about. if they are joking with a cross, then they arent really christians, even if they think they are.

mistdevil
10-19-2007, 09:48 AM
So who's going to the NY show on Saturday with me?

I wish I was in NY, saturday and monday is gonna be dope.

mbeanis
10-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Anyone else going to see them at HARD on new years? I have my tickets already. Busy P, Justice, Peaches and fuckin WHITEY!!! woo hoo

keep2thestreets
10-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Anyone else going to see them at HARD on new years? I have my tickets already. Busy P, Justice, Peaches and fuckin WHITEY!!! woo hoo

yep

don't forget UBERZONE live

who's rolling to the FOOLS GOLD PARTY tonight ?

Derekx
10-19-2007, 12:01 PM

Do you know if it's all ages?

Edit- Nevermind, it's not. :(

paulb
10-19-2007, 01:46 PM
yep

don't forget UBERZONE live

who's rolling to the FOOLS GOLD PARTY tonight ?

I went to Fools Gold last night in Vancouver, and man, its alot of fun. Kavinsky and A-trak doin Sebastian's H.A.L. with Atrak scratchin it up, was sick as fuck....im sure you'll have fun. Mehdi was the best though.

mistdevil
10-19-2007, 02:07 PM
I went to Fools Gold last night in Vancouver, and man, its alot of fun. Kavinsky and A-trak doin Sebastian's H.A.L. with Atrak scratchin it up, was sick as fuck....im sure you'll have fun. Mehdi was the best though.

any fool's gold merchandise?

paulb
10-19-2007, 02:21 PM
any fool's gold merchandise?

none, but they did throw out a few shirts into the crowd, but I didnt see what were on them...

mistdevil
10-19-2007, 02:23 PM
aww ic.

Sexecutioner
10-19-2007, 02:45 PM

ive been thinkin about it...

wish i could go to fools gold, but cant make it to LA tonight.

crazzz2007
10-19-2007, 02:53 PM

god, you sound pathetic. just because these artists are on Ed Banger does not make them good. shit.

hammerandasickle
10-19-2007, 02:54 PM
fool's gold is going to be crazy tonight. they posted a bulletin the other day about some "super secret mystery dude" playing in LA. anyone have any knowledge of this or speculations?

mistdevil
10-19-2007, 03:06 PM
sebastiAn? busy P?

PotVsKtl
10-19-2007, 03:28 PM
You kids are retarded in the facial region.

signmeup
10-19-2007, 06:08 PM
god, you sound pathetic. just because these artists are on Ed Banger does not make them good. shit.

Neither Kavinsky nor A-Trak are on Ed Banger. H.A.L. is sick, and so is Mehdi. Ed Banger has nothing to do with the Fools Gold Tour. Fools Gold is A-Traks record label. Relax.

Wheres the beef?
10-19-2007, 06:15 PM

Wait, so and so is on Ed Banger? ZOMG! They suck then, I dont care about anything else.

crazzz2007
10-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Wait, so and so is on Ed Banger? ZOMG! They suck then, I dont care about anything else.

almost everyone on Ed Banger is mediocre at best. if you disagree, you fail.

Bosco
10-19-2007, 07:52 PM
I would say Mr. Oizo is not mediocre... and Mehdi...

Oh yeah, and Mr. Flash is pretty awesome, but he hasnt been highlighted yet...

Trick Loves The Kids
10-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Mehdi was around way before Ed Banger was even an idea. He's really talented and has been for a while, same with Oizo. I would probably agree that most of the Ed Banger guys aren't extremely talented, especially as DJs.

signmeup
10-20-2007, 12:57 PM
well, its not like they have been around for a long time, so give em a break.

Robototron
10-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Who was that 12 year old looking kid taking photos at Fools Gold? Does he have a photoblog or something?

Also, I'd like to give a shout out to the asshole that grabbed the Kavinsky cutout from me long after I'd grabbed it and was the only one holding it. Obviously the best way to get souvenirs at shows is to just take them from other people.

signmeup
10-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Shit the life size cartoon one? I want one of those so bad. You shoulda clocked that assfuck, I hate people.

Wheres the beef?
10-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Seriously. You pussy.

Robototron
10-20-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm a girl, guys, I've never gotten into a fight with anyone. The guy gave it to his girlfriend and ran off, anyway, so there was nothing I could really do.