PDA

View Full Version : JUSTICE

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

ficklecycle
12-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Waters Of Nazareth is all over a Rhapsody commercial. Or was.

signmeup
12-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Waters Of Nazareth is all over a Rhapsody commercial. Or was.

oldness

paulb
12-12-2007, 11:56 AM
I GOT MY SHIRT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY! After nearly 2 months of waiting it felt like, it came! It fits and is well worth the wait, i love it.

mistdevil
12-13-2007, 01:46 AM
I GOT MY SHIRT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY! After nearly 2 months of waiting it felt like, it came! It fits and is well worth the wait, i love it.

WTF!!! mines better come this week.

jackstraw94086
12-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Phantom Part I is another formulaic choppy sampled, distorted bassline piece of crap.

Congratulations. Justice is punking all of you. They could show you the cameras but you still wouldn't care. Ashton wishes he were that good.

Botrocker
12-13-2007, 07:06 PM
^^lame

Robototron
12-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Fucking Punk'd references? What's next, "have fun listening to Justice while you buy your trucker caps, guys"?

anti-square
12-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Phantom Part I is another formulaic choppy sampled, distorted bassline piece of crap.

Congratulations. Justice is punking all of you. They could show you the cameras but you still wouldn't care. Ashton wishes he were that good.

You come off like a bitter, EDM dweeb that can't fathom the possibility of an artist making electro music that is popular. Justice makes music that is good, simple, and fun. Don't be mad because your geeky ass couldn't come up with a working formula.

brando4n82
12-17-2007, 05:15 AM
You come off like a bitter, EDM dweeb that can't fathom the possibility of an artist making electro music that is popular. Justice makes music that is good, simple, and fun. Don't be mad because your geeky ass couldn't come up with a working formula.

hah. well put

jackstraw94086
12-17-2007, 01:47 PM

you come off like a bitter tasteless loser who can't handle the fact that your heroes are simply selling you boring bland electronica sub-equivalent of 3-chord rock.

Your comment about artists making electro that's popular is fucking laughable and proves you don't know dick about electronica. I know of tons of electronic music that is extremely popular and has actual substance. Just this past weekend I saw Deadmau5 and Tiefschwarz, both incredibly popular right now and infinitely more interesting than Justice. I was actually a fan of Justice before I realized they only had one song.

I wish I were a zit-faced little punk who simply mistakes loud music for good music. Music was just so much better in high school, huh?

jackstraw94086
12-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Fucking Punk'd references? What's next, "have fun listening to Justice while you buy your trucker caps, guys"?

Punk'd references are probably the only way to relate to Justice's fanbase.

crazzz2007
12-17-2007, 02:22 PM
i gotta agree. justice's popularity has much more to do with their goofy, immature fan base than their talent.

justice does have some good tracks, but they are pretty formulaic and get old fast.

rage patton
12-17-2007, 06:55 PM
you come off like a bitter tasteless loser who can't handle the fact that your heroes are simply selling you boring bland electronica sub-equivalent of 3-chord rock.

Your comment about artists making electro that's popular is fucking laughable and proves you don't know dick about electronica. I know of tons of electronic music that is extremely popular and has actual substance. Just this past weekend I saw Deadmau5 and Tiefschwarz, both incredibly popular right now and infinitely more interesting than Justice. I was actually a fan of Justice before I realized they only had one song.

I wish I were a zit-faced little punk who simply mistakes loud music for good music. Music was just so much better in high school, huh?

I know Tiefschwarz, but have never heard Deadmau5. In all fairness though, their popularity is nothing compared to Justice's. I am not saying Justice are better, or somehow have earned it more. I am just stating that Justice is definately muxh more popular than Tiefschwarz.
Just curious, which Justice song did you like before you found out you hated them?

jackstraw94086
12-17-2007, 09:33 PM
I know Tiefschwarz, but have never heard Deadmau5. In all fairness though, their popularity is nothing compared to Justice's. I am not saying Justice are better, or somehow have earned it more. I am just stating that Justice is definately muxh more popular than Tiefschwarz.
Just curious, which Justice song did you like before you found out you hated them?

I have no idea what you mean by "in all fairness, their popularity is nothing compared to Justice's". If you admit that popularity doesn't equate to talent then what's the point of that statement? All the douche said was I wasn't capable of believing that good electro could be popular electro. It's just not true. And besides, Justice's relative popularity is arguable. Who gives a shit what the moptop hipster teens in LA shovel down their gullets. This country knows shamefully little about electronic music. Go to England or Germany and find out which is more popular. What about Richie Hawtin? He's a god in Europe and extremely popular here too. He's popular but and his music is good. I could go on and on. The dipshit is just wrong. Not all popular electronic musicians make bad music or have as huge a backlash. Deadmau5 exploded this year. If you've been paying attention or have been to a decent techno show in the last year you've heard his music. Even fucking Tiesto plays his shit all the time. He's all over the top of the DJ charts and top download lists whereas Justice is almost nowhere to be found on those lists.
Justice is party rock. It's great for a brief moment, but it quickly loses novelty and then it's worthless. After We Are Your Friends they just kept doing the same shit, maybe in a different key at best. If you think they've mixed it up since then you're reaching. When they were decent they were playing mostly other people's stuff. If they keep that up they've got some legs.

thelastgreatman
12-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Um, kids, I think you need to realize that you're arguing with someone who's a professional in this genre. He's not a "dweeb," he's a fucking authority on the subject matter. Show him some fucking respect.

Lurker_in_a_tree
12-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Um, kids, I think you need to realize that you're arguing with someone who's a professional in this genre. He's not a "dweeb," he's a fucking authority on the subject matter. Show him some fucking respect.

http://www.p2pconsortium.com/style_emoticons/default/jerkoff.gif

thelastgreatman
12-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Ha, whatever dude. The facts are what they are. And yes, Justice does blow. If you listened to people that actually know something about the art form then you'd be on your way to ascending above that of a trendy bandwagon-riding gay house music fan.

cc001
12-18-2007, 04:50 AM
back on the Justicehttp://ffinder.creativecultures.biz/2042.jpg (http://ffinder.creativecultures.biz/competitions.aspx?ID=0) thread, have any of you guys been loving the phantom track?

lowfront
12-18-2007, 05:36 AM
I'll chime in and just say justice live in NY recently was the best show I have ever been to.

superfiction
12-18-2007, 07:20 AM
yeah who cares what you people say. justice destroy

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 07:37 AM
This is why dance music isn't cool anymore. Do the D-A-N-C-E... not only unbelievably flaming, but generic.

anti-square
12-18-2007, 07:46 AM

What the fuck do I have to be bitter about? Really? A loser for knowing what I like? I mean, while I might not know dick about electronica, I know their music sounds decent to me. Certainly nothing to get bent out of shape about. These guys are hardly my heroes. Obviously, I fuck around on the Coachella board, so that would indicate that I listen to all types of music. And your high school comment makes no sense to me. Music has been good since high school as long as I keep discovering stuff. As a matter of fact I think I might check out Deadmau5 and Tiefschwarz. So thanks for the recommendation. Also, quit being so fucking cunty. It's not a good look.

J~$$$
12-18-2007, 08:04 AM
Actually jackstraws cunt features are quite stunning.

Botrocker
12-18-2007, 08:17 AM
The dude's avatar is Michael J. Fox circa Family Ties. He's probably some middle america young republican anyway so we all know he can't dance anyway.

Justice in LA in 10 days!! Yeah!!!

lowfront
12-18-2007, 08:28 AM
The dude's avatar is Michael J. Fox circa Family Ties. He's probably some middle america young republican anyway so we all know he can't dance anyway.

So jealous

jackstraw94086
12-18-2007, 08:46 AM
What the fuck do I have to be bitter about? Really? A loser for knowing what I like? I mean, while I might not know dick about electronica, I know their music sounds decent to me. Certainly nothing to get bent out of shape about. These guys are hardly my heroes. Obviously, I fuck around on the Coachella board, so that would indicate that I listen to all types of music. And your high school comment makes no sense to me. Music has been good since high school as long as I keep discovering stuff. As a matter of fact I think I might check out Deadmau5 and Tiefschwarz. So thanks for the recommendation. Also, quit being so fucking cunty. It's not a good look.

k then. As long as you've got an open mind you are bound to quickly find much better music out there. And don't assume that because people aren't as popular or are content to put out the same song every month that they're not capable of it. I can spit and hit seven or eight better producers in my own neighborhood alone. They're paving the way for the music your kids may be listening to while Justice albums are $1.99 at the gas station.

And for your information cunty is this season's new look. Everbody who's anybody is all about cunty this spring.

jackstraw94086
12-18-2007, 08:48 AM

HAHAHAHHAAAHAAA! a justice fan trying to tell someone about dancing!

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 09:05 AM
Man... I BEEN about cunty. Motherfuckers be biting my style, my moves...

Botrocker
12-18-2007, 09:16 AM
HAHAHAHHAAAHAAA! a justice fan trying to tell someone about dancing!

This Alex P. Keaton muthafucka trying to talk shit.

You obiviously have a vast knowledge of electronic music I mean you name dropped Tiefschwarz for god sakes. Oh sooo underground.

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 09:19 AM
... Dude, I tried to tell you douchebags this already--Jack is not just a fanboy who goes to house shows and dances his closeted tits off. People pay him large sums of money to make and perform electronic music. That's why he has a vast knowledge of it. Alright, dumb fuck?

Botrocker
12-18-2007, 09:22 AM
DJ Michael J. Fox aka The Delorean aka DJ Shakey!!^^

Live set in the Sahara anyone???

Robototron
12-18-2007, 09:44 AM

You obiviously have a vast knowledge of electronic music I mean you name dropped Tiefschwarz for god sakes. Oh sooo underground.

He named Tiefschwarz as an example of a group that's POPULAR.

Seriously, though, most people here don't really listen to Techno or any dance music other than the blog house-y stuff so this is kind of a pointless argument. I mean, a while back I mentioned how hilarious it was when all the hipsters flooded out after Soulwax, missing the best dance set of the day (Hawtin's), and got hated on for it.

This is just going to end up with jackstraw94086 name dropping everyone from Ricardo Villalobos to Radio Slave and everyone else claiming that they're not good and/or popular. So can we all just accept that EDM fans look down on Justice as dance music for Indie kids and move on?

jackstraw94086
12-18-2007, 09:48 AM

Are you fucking retarded?
I mentioned tiefschwarz as an example of a fucking example of a popular electronic act. It's not meant to be an underground reference. They're not underground. You're the one who thinks they are, either because you've never heard of them or think you're one of only a few that have.

Get back in your fucking hole you ignorant little cockslug.

jackstraw94086
12-18-2007, 09:50 AM
... Dude, I tried to tell you douchebags this already--Jack is not just a fanboy who goes to house shows and dances his closeted tits off. People pay him large sums of money to make and perform electronic music. That's why he has a vast knowledge of it. Alright, dumb fuck?

large sums of money? I wish. Still probably enough to buy and sell some a couple of these assplugs.

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 09:50 AM

Seriously, though, most people here don't really listen to Techno or any dance music other than the blog house-y stuff so this is kind of a pointless argument. I mean, a while back I mentioned how hilarious it was when all the hipsters flooded out after Soulwax, missing the best dance set of the day (Hawtin's), and got hated on for it.

This is just going to end up with jackstraw94086 name dropping everyone from Ricardo Villalobos to Radio Slave and everyone else claiming that they're not good and/or popular. So can we all just accept that EDM fans look down on Justice as dance music for Indie kids and move on?

How dare you try to prevent me from getting to watch Jack go fucking nuclear all up in this moron's anus.

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 09:51 AM
large sums of money? I wish. Still probably enough to buy and sell some a couple of these assplugs.

Eh, large enough. If you can support yourself through your art, that's a decent amount of fucking money no matter how you slice it, I say. I wasn't saying you were rich. You're still just a fucking DJ. Heh

Robototron
12-18-2007, 09:51 AM
How dare you try to prevent me from getting to watch Jack go fucking nuclear all up in this moron's anus.

I guess arguments are the reason this thread has gotten as big as it is. That and t-shirts.

jackstraw94086
12-18-2007, 09:56 AM

Oh the irony. I've only mentioned 3 very popular names in this thread. You're the one who's trying to name drop.

you make me giggle.

wipe your chin.

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 09:56 AM
You busted on his face? Awww...

EDM FACE NUT

Robototron
12-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Oh the irony. I've only mentioned 3 very popular names in this thread. You're the one who's trying to name drop.

you make me giggle.

wipe your chin.

I don't really consider two names as big as Villalobos as Radio Slave to be "name drops" (except to posters on this board), but then I only used the term because he did. I'm not even trying to hate on you, so I'm a little confused as to why that one sentence is even an issue.

jackstraw94086
12-18-2007, 10:08 AM
I don't really consider two names as big as Villalobos as Radio Slave to be "name drops" (except to posters on this board), but then I only used the term because he did. I'm not even trying to hate on you, so I'm a little confused as to why that one sentence is even an issue.

k. but don't accuse me of name dropping until I do it.

but since richie and ricardo are both in play I may as well post one of my favorite pics.

http://www.ubercoolische.com/images/richieandricardo.png

Botrocker
12-18-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm pretty sure I know who you are and that makes this all the more laughable.

jackstraw94086
12-18-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm pretty sure I know who you are and that makes this all the more laughable.

why don't you go ahead and venture a guess then.

prove it. dipshit.

oooduga
12-18-2007, 11:36 AM
The new Justice mix circulating around the net from a Fader magazine party is one of the best I have heard from them. Everyone should check it out

J~$$$
12-18-2007, 11:53 AM

prove it. dipshit.

I know who you are and I have full-frontal nudes.

jackstraw94086
12-18-2007, 11:59 AM

I have better ones now. I'll email them.

Still waiting for this botrocker half-wit cockswallow to show his cards though.
Come on.

Sexecutioner
12-18-2007, 11:59 AM
The new Justice mix circulating around the net from a Fader magazine party is one of the best I have heard from them. Everyone should check it out

why dont you give us a link? im lazy.

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 12:00 PM

I have full rectal nudes. Of Jack, I mean. Well, and me too. And both smushed together like mating starfish.

crazzz2007
12-18-2007, 12:46 PM
I'll chime in and just say justice live in NY recently was the best show I have ever been to.

you obviously haven't been to many good shows.

crazzz2007
12-18-2007, 12:48 PM

what an idiotic comment.

brando4n82
12-18-2007, 12:52 PM
why dont you give us a link? im lazy.

http://minihattan.blogspot.com/2007/12/justice-fader-50-party-in-new-york.html

jackstraw94086
12-18-2007, 01:22 PM
That beethoven sampled thing at the beginning was a tad clever but I don't think it's theirs. The end is pretty much "classic" justice. It sounds dated already.

Justice is to 2007 as Stevie B is to 1988

m_5CRnzZWMQ

brando4n82
12-18-2007, 01:28 PM
i got Steveie B in the car stereo right now.

Best check yo-self foo

J~$$$
12-18-2007, 01:32 PM
I can dream about you.

anti-square
12-18-2007, 01:32 PM
God dammit jackstraw, that's twice that you step on my nuts. I foresee a Stevie B influenced resurgence in the future

Sexecutioner
12-18-2007, 01:38 PM

thanks!

paulb
12-18-2007, 01:43 PM
thanks alot for the link! Did anyone else buy the Phantom EP vinyl? I got mine at Ameoba, i love that section of the store...

jackstraw94086
12-18-2007, 02:24 PM
09qBdgqwYJY

Botrocker
12-18-2007, 02:26 PM

prove it. dipshit.

I don't wanna burn you on here man I'm not like that. We actually know each other too. haha

I'll see you when I see you

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Say his last initial then, I'll verify if you're right. I don't think you have a clue.

airguitarvet
12-18-2007, 03:00 PM
uffie's bangin

jackstraw94086
12-18-2007, 03:05 PM
I don't wanna burn you on here man I'm not like that. We actually know each other too. haha

I'll see you when I see you

I knew you were full of shit.

Go ahead and burn me. I'm gonna be sooooo burned.

If you're so worried about my ego then how about you just send me an email.

You're fucking terrible at this game, dipshit.

Derekx
12-18-2007, 04:01 PM

Thanks! Can someone possibly tell me the name of the song that kicks in at about 24:55?

superfiction
12-18-2007, 04:38 PM
minuit jacuzzi (data remix)

Derekx
12-18-2007, 05:00 PM
minuit jacuzzi (data remix)

Thank you!

Bud Luster
12-18-2007, 05:07 PM
I was actually a fan of Justice before I realized they only had one song.

i gotta agree. justice's popularity has much more to do with their goofy, immature fan base than their talent.

justice does have some good tracks, but they are pretty formulaic and get old fast.

I gotta agree w/ the above posts. I enjoy Justice, and got the fuck down at coachella during their set. They are cool for what they are. I do think they take themselves a bit too serious though. Trying to be aloof and whatnot in interviews. It's fucking dance music yo, it's suppose to be fun. I dont take any of it seriously. I really do think that it's a kid/immature thing to swing on any artist's nuts. New Kids much? I think once your balls drop you get over the artists jocking bizness.

You sell assplugs? link? Kidding, but are you willing to say what name you perform under? I have been in SF a lot lately and would like to check it out.

jackstraw94086
12-18-2007, 05:41 PM
I gotta agree w/ the above posts. I enjoy Justice, and got the fuck down at coachella during their set. They are cool for what they are. I do think they take themselves a bit too serious though. Trying to be aloof and whatnot in interviews. It's fucking dance music yo, it's suppose to be fun. I dont take any of it seriously. I really do think that it's a kid/immature thing to swing on any artist's nuts. New Kids much? I think once your balls drop you get over the artists jocking bizness.

You sell assplugs? link? Kidding, but are you willing to say what name you perform under? I have been in SF a lot lately and would like to check it out.

I spin Tuesdays at from 11am-3pm at the Crazy Horse gentlemen's club on Market. I get paid in mozarella sticks. I mainly go by Big Daddy Anal Fissures.

Seriously though, I have fun on this board and would rather not take even the small risk of sullying my friend's and promoter's rep even if only on the coachella message board. I sometimes post event info on here via other board members. If you really are in town I'll get you some info.

Bud Luster
12-18-2007, 05:47 PM
I spin Tuesdays at from 11am-3pm at the Crazy Horse gentlemen's club on Market. I get paid in mozarella sticks. I mainly go by Big Daddy Anal Fissures.

Seriously though, I have fun on this board and would rather not take even the small risk of sullying my friend's and promoter's rep even if only on the coachella message board. I sometimes post event info on here via other board members. If you really are in town I'll get you some info.

Totally understand. I've been on the promoter end of things and it does get sticky having/expressing an opinion about things and still trying to be professional and inclusive.

signmeup
12-18-2007, 06:52 PM
this thread is retarded.

psychic friend
12-18-2007, 07:07 PM
I predict more justice.

crazzz2007
12-18-2007, 07:45 PM
I predict more justice.

nooooo, not again!!! come on, coachella can do better. no need to rehash an act that has played in so cal 46,736,437 times in the past year.

menikmati
12-18-2007, 07:46 PM
snore

Bud Luster
12-18-2007, 07:49 PM
I predict more justice.

hmmm, wonder why the Justice fans arent rejoicing at this statement. I'm definitley cool w/ having them again. I prefer a live set, but tis all good.

superfiction
12-18-2007, 07:50 PM
why does everyone take dani's word as law. im not saying its wrong. but she could just be leading us on ya know

thelastgreatman
12-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Nah, she always puts out. ALWAYS

menikmati
12-18-2007, 07:53 PM
hmmm, wonder why the Justice fans arent rejoicing at this statement. I'm definitley cool w/ having them again. I prefer a live set, but tis all good.

Was their 07 set a "live" set? That's all I've ever seen em do. I hope there is no Ed Banger this year. Bring in more minimalism, and maybe some Sasha & Digweed, and a little house. Forget the overrated stuff (though I guess we gotta have some of it).

crazzz2007
12-18-2007, 07:59 PM
why does everyone take dani's word as law. im not saying its wrong. but she could just be leading us on ya know

why are every one of your posts worthless?

crazzz2007
12-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Was their 07 set a "live" set? That's all I've ever seen em do. I hope there is no Ed Banger this year. Bring in more minimalism, and maybe some Sasha & Digweed, and a little house. Forget the overrated stuff (though I guess we gotta have some of it).

ya it was live. in fact, i believe it was the first live set they ever played (someone correct me if i'm mistaken).

and ditto on the ed banger thing. keep em away from coachella 08.

superfiction
12-18-2007, 08:01 PM

yes it was live. but it was live in the same sense that the first daft set was live. pretty much set up to run with very few tweaks if i remember correctly. they have of course since kciked it up a notch. but half the people in here couldnt give a shit anyway

superfiction
12-18-2007, 08:01 PM
why are every one of your posts worthless?

im just trying to please you. why wont you love me?

Bud Luster
12-18-2007, 08:02 PM

Yup, their first live public performance. Its strange to me that you are asking for minimalism and Sasha & Dickweed in the same sentence.

menikmati
12-18-2007, 08:16 PM
I have a wide taste. I can go from Carl Cox to Basic Channel and be happy.

Somewhat Damaged
12-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Maybe PF wasn't predicting justice as in the band but justice as in the quality of being just. I mean, she didn't capitalize it after all.

Sushov23
12-18-2007, 09:10 PM
WHAT?

signmeup
12-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Maybe PF wasn't predicting justice as in the band but justice as in the quality of being just. I mean, she didn't capitalize it after all.

yeah and the "t" wasnt a cross either

brando4n82
12-19-2007, 07:01 AM

that would make more sense, because there is no reason for her to basically reveal a band in the lineup.

If any Ed Banger shows up, it will be Seb & Kav. But i could do without em.

Give me some Institubes.

lowfront
12-19-2007, 07:13 AM
0fBYj2Ygsgs

898gCBkOtHM

rhJTm1zSX6w

L61fguBTypw

wDNueTrGNdQ

paulb
12-19-2007, 09:54 AM
its so weird. Justice have 2008 dates in europe already for sale, but they have none of these dates on their myspace...what the hell is that. Dont they want people to attend their gigs? Hopefully some north american dates come soon too.

Sexecutioner
12-19-2007, 10:19 AM
its so weird. Justice have 2008 dates in europe already for sale, but they have none of these dates on their myspace...what the hell is that. Dont they want people to attend their gigs? Hopefully some north american dates come soon too.

you better hurry up and buy a bunch of those european tickets before they put them up on their myspace and everybody else gets them.

Sexecutioner
12-19-2007, 10:21 AM
I really do think that it's a kid/immature thing to swing on any artist's nuts. New Kids much? I think once your balls drop you get over the artists jocking bizness.

haha, no shit! there is an abundance of kids on this board who are in desperate need of their balls dropping so they can get the fuck off these artists nuts like they are the 2nd fucking coming.

paulb
12-19-2007, 10:25 AM
you better hurry up and buy a bunch of those european tickets before they put them up on their myspace and everybody else gets them.

you trying to be funny, jackass?

hammerandasickle
12-19-2007, 11:04 AM
http://a15.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/99/l_9c6c4b762d14dfcb4fd45b9ea0e779de.png

anti-square
12-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Mr Oizo album would be dope

paulb
12-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Ed Rec Vol III should be dope if its got new Sebastian and stuff. Busy P US tour...cant wait till that is announced.

airguitarvet
12-19-2007, 12:10 PM
jusTice will be at coachella '08. my mom told me so.

Botrocker
12-19-2007, 12:32 PM
Give me some Institubes.

Ditto that!

hammerandasickle
12-19-2007, 12:49 PM
i second the institubes and need shinichi osawa to be there!

airguitarvet
12-19-2007, 04:30 PM
konichiwa bitches

mistdevil
12-19-2007, 06:53 PM
I knew uffie's lp would be coming out soon.

Trick Loves The Kids
12-19-2007, 07:22 PM
ATTN: anybody excited for an uffie LP

jump in front of a train

Botrocker
12-19-2007, 08:25 PM
^^ so true

signmeup
12-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Yo PaulB, Busy P will deff be in Vancouver, I will see you there.

I also have a video of the new Sebastian track, he dropped it in Tokyo, it is SO SIIIIIIIIICCCKKKKKKKKK...

Im having trouble uploading it to youtube but once I do, I will post it.

superfiction
12-19-2007, 08:55 PM
yeah you wang chung im pooping my pants over not being able to listen to it. filthiest thing ever. oh and upload those damn pics you asshole

orbit
12-20-2007, 01:41 AM
If Justice is playing again, I really hope they get a 3 hours set with Sebastian and Kavinsky in the Sahara at the same time as Autechre and Holy Fuck in Mojave.

paulb
12-20-2007, 02:00 AM
Yo PaulB, Busy P will deff be in Vancouver, I will see you there.

I also have a video of the new Sebastian track, he dropped it in Tokyo, it is SO SIIIIIIIIICCCKKKKKKKKK...

Im having trouble uploading it to youtube but once I do, I will post it.

I sure as fuck hope so... any Ed Banger in Vancouver is a great time... do u know for sure if busy P will be touring there? Gaspard was saying they would be back here in March/April, based on their tour dates so far, its looking like April....hopefully another Coachella set+vancouver date are in the works.

superfiction
12-20-2007, 05:25 AM
I sure as fuck hope so... any Ed Banger in Vancouver is a great time... do u know for sure if busy P will be touring there? Gaspard was saying they would be back here in March/April, based on their tour dates so far, its looking like April....hopefully another Coachella set+vancouver date are in the works.

yes. he wil be there in april

HunterGather
12-20-2007, 08:18 AM
What are the chances Justice is going to be at the Ultra Music Festival in Miami in March?
I'm so sad I couldn't make any of their shows this year :(
$$$$$ was/is an issue.
I know I know. I pretty much had any and all chance of seeing them at some point this year.

Botrocker
12-20-2007, 08:33 AM
If Justice is playing again, I really hope they get a 3 hours set with Sebastian and Kavinsky in the Sahara at the same time as Autechre and Holy Fuck in Mojave.

Kavinsky will be there for sure. Live set too.

superfiction
12-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Kavinsky will be there for sure. Live set too.

i thought he wasnt putting his live set together until 08

signmeup
12-20-2007, 12:03 PM
i thought he wasnt putting his live set together until 08

Isnt the next Coachella in '08?

and can you validate this claim? Because that would be insane. I have a video of one of his new tracks as well.

seachanges
12-20-2007, 12:09 PM

and can you validate this claim? Because that would be insane. I have a video of one of his new tracks as well.

ok, let us see this video already : )

superfiction
12-20-2007, 01:06 PM

oh yeah

airguitarvet
12-20-2007, 02:19 PM
ATTN: anybody excited for an uffie LP

jump in front of a train

i am- its about time.
uffies banging

Trick Loves The Kids
12-20-2007, 02:35 PM
sebastian and kavinsky are fucking awful DJs

i've said this before but look, they opened for daft punk and managed to bore the most captive audience this year. like, I'm not a great DJ by any means and I probably could have started a riot. they're good producers but until they wise up and start using ableton i don't want to see them perform at all.

malcolmjamalawesome
12-20-2007, 02:54 PM
word

Botrocker
12-20-2007, 03:20 PM

Yeah he's a friend of mine and that's what he told me. I have no other info than the words outta his mouth.

paulb
12-20-2007, 03:30 PM
sebastian and kavinsky are fucking awful DJs

i've said this before but look, they opened for daft punk and managed to bore the most captive audience this year. like, I'm not a great DJ by any means and I probably could have started a riot. they're good producers but until they wise up and start using ableton i don't want to see them perform at all.

what fuckin Daft Punk show were u at? Cause they had LA movin.

Trick Loves The Kids
12-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Berkeley, in the middle of the pit. They did kind of have a shitty playing situation, they were behind a curtain but still they can't mix for shit. They straight dropped their 5 big singles and then "Party Has Begun" by Freestyle. The audience kind of cared about the RATM edit but not really.

I mean the crowd was more hyped up when they played "License To Ill" all the way through over the PA right at the beginning of the show.

crazzz2007
12-20-2007, 03:39 PM
what fuckin Daft Punk show were u at? Cause they had LA movin.

what are you talking about? the only ones moving were people like you who would suck anyones dick as long as they are wearing an Ed Banger tshirt. seriously, sabastian and kavinsky are HORRIBLE dj's.

oh, and the la sports arena was basically empty while they were spinning.

Robototron
12-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Berkeley, in the middle of the pit. They did kind of have a shitty playing situation, they were behind a curtain but still they can't mix for shit. They straight dropped their 5 big singles and then "Party Has Begun" by Freestyle. The audience kind of cared about the RATM edit but not really.

I mean the crowd was more hyped up when they played "License To Ill" all the way through over the PA right at the beginning of the show.

Yeah, I don't know what paulb is talking about, where I was at the LA show (the front) nobody was dancing, and those that were weren't into it all that much. No one around me seemed to know who they were, either.

Kavinsky has been just as bad the two times I've seen him since, although SebastiAn seems to have gotten a little better.

thelastgreatman
12-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Seb and Kav fucked up in LA. It was brutal. My homie I brought with me and I just kept geeking about it like, "Wait a minute, I know we're incredibly high and shit, but are these guys seriously missing the fucking drops when they're playing in front of THIS MANY PEOPLE?!" Ed Banger got its overall quality of artists seriously called into question there. I'd kick the shit out of a DJ I represented if he missed the downbeat while opening up for Daft. Srsly.

Botrocker
12-20-2007, 05:25 PM
they're good producers but until they wise up and start using ableton

True.

jackstraw94086
12-20-2007, 06:28 PM
That is all too true these days. There too many producers out there demonstrating fucking piss poor DJ skills. Those shows cost too much to show up and play a shitty set. It's irresponsible. Take advantage of the damn laptop and put more effort into mixing each show more uniquely. The indie kids are guaranteed to have heard the raw track a billion times since that morning anyway.

Daft Fro
12-20-2007, 07:09 PM
They got the shaft presentation/sound wise for opening for the Cali DP shows. At the Berkeley show they weren't behind the curtains, they were off to the right hand side. LA show sucked cause the house lights were on until DP went on, so everyone was just dicking around...Sound sucked at both shows, they are better doing their own sets at smaller venues.

suprefan
12-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Ill say this, the DP Berkeley show wasnt loud at all. I compared the audio from the videos I have of Berkeley to Vegoose and Vegoose was waaaaay louder even with all the people around me. Sebatian and Kavinsky were ok, in the club they go off, but this was a huge venue so what do they do ya know? Both of them were more fun at Detour actually. DP shouldve gotten Mehdi to spin, that guy knows his s**t.

orbit
12-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Sound sucked at both shows, they are better doing their own sets at smaller venues.

Their show at Red Rocks was horrible. Same for the after party, I didn't listen such an awful set long time ago.

I can't speak too much about the aftershow in Chicago because I just listened Kavinsky for 5 minuted and got out of there.

thelastgreatman
12-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Fuck this "there wasn't much presentation" bullshit. I've seen two motherfuckers with turntables and a microphone tear Giants fucking Stadium down in the freezing rain--they had all the resources a GOOD DJ needs.

signmeup
12-20-2007, 09:40 PM
These shows were like what, 5-6 months ago. Theyve gotten a lot better since then. And maybe theyre not the best ever, but hey, they are Producers first, DJs second. And the reason people dont dance to them at the DP shows is because a lot of people dont know whats going on or who they are. Its the US, not Europe.

They were opening acts for one of the biggest electronic acts out there. Biggest also meaning pretty mainstream. give em a break, its not like they are going around saying "were the best DJs ever woohoo!"

superfiction
12-21-2007, 01:39 AM
post that video you not sack. cut it in half or something and show these guys how dope it was

thelastgreatman
12-21-2007, 02:00 AM
These shows were like what, 5-6 months ago. Theyve gotten a lot better since then. And maybe theyre not the best ever, but hey, they are Producers first, DJs second. And the reason people dont dance to them at the DP shows is because a lot of people dont know whats going on or who they are. Its the US, not Europe.

The production on Cross is very good. Clearly someone spent a lot of money on it. This doesn't change the fact that that album is uninspired generic dance crap.

signmeup
12-21-2007, 02:06 AM
okay, producing as in making music. PRODUCING electronic music.

so good production but crap = contradiction.

thelastgreatman
12-21-2007, 02:10 AM
No, you're being stupid. Stop it.

PRODUCING means things other than "making music." Kanye, for example, is a really good producer. His beats are clean, and much like Justice they sound "good" from the perspective of what they did to refine and polish their beats. That doesn't in any way mean that the actual content of the music is good.

justinwilson1987
12-21-2007, 02:39 AM
everyone is raving about their performance (no pun intended) so i was wondering if their CD material is anything like their live show? Is it worth checking out or is it one of those, have to catch em live sort of deals. I know alot of Djs are like that, they really don't have actual good songs, or good Cds, but when they spin live, they throw in some really wicked stuff.

brando4n82
12-21-2007, 06:24 AM
. DP shouldve gotten Mehdi to spin, that guy knows his s**t.

Straight up, dawg

brando4n82
12-21-2007, 06:25 AM
:emo
The production on Cross is very good. Clearly someone spent a lot of money on it. This doesn't change the fact that that album is uninspired generic dance crap.

:emo

jackstraw94086
12-21-2007, 07:52 AM

PRODUCING means things other than "making music." Kanye, for example, is a really good producer. His beats are clean, and much like Justice they sound "good" from the perspective of what they did to refine and polish their beats. That doesn't in any way mean that the actual content of the music is good.

dude, in the context of this thread "production" means the music. period.
This isn't the movies.

jackstraw94086
12-21-2007, 07:56 AM

They were opening acts for one of the biggest electronic acts out there. Biggest also meaning pretty mainstream. give em a break, its not like they are going around saying "were the best DJs ever woohoo!"

That's retarded. You can't excuse piss poor live performance by saying they are "DJs second". If they can't put on a decent live show then they should leave that to people who can and not steal your money. If you're saying you're happy to just show up and see them no matter how bad they sound then you are a fucking caricature of that scene.

And wtf does "It's the US, not Europe" mean? People are allowed to sound like shit here because we don't know better? Fuck off. People will dance (or whatever the fuck you people call that jumping up and down with your fist in the air bullshit) if the music is good

brando4n82
12-21-2007, 08:02 AM
And wtf does "It's the US, not Europe" mean? People are aloud to sound like shit here because we don't know better? Fuck off. People will dance (or whatever the fuck you people call that jumping up and down with your fist in the air bullshit) if the music is good

agreed

Botrocker
12-21-2007, 08:31 AM
"It's the US, not Europe"

Yeah that statement kinda questions our itelligence.

superfiction
12-21-2007, 08:44 AM

if you are refferring to the actual sound than you would be talking about engineering

brando4n82
12-21-2007, 08:53 AM
mreh

signmeup
12-21-2007, 01:42 PM
That's retarded. You can't excuse piss poor live performance by saying they are "DJs second". If they can't put on a decent live show then they should leave that to people who can and not steal your money. If you're saying you're happy to just show up and see them no matter how bad they sound then you are a fucking caricature of that scene.

And wtf does "It's the US, not Europe" mean? People are allowed to sound like shit here because we don't know better? Fuck off. People will dance (or whatever the fuck you people call that jumping up and down with your fist in the air bullshit) if the music is good

I dunno, that "US/eruope" thing was just to mean they are from france, so more french people would be excited to see them maybe? I know in seattle and denver, like 6 people actually knew who they were.

plus about cheat you out of your money? Im pretty sure you paid 60 bucks to see fucking daft punk play. I was excited to see seb and kav and i didnt feel cheated out of my money after having to sit through the fucking rapture twice.

And I know they are not the best, but its kind of how you get better, by touring and doing it a lot. Yeah they played mostly the same set whatever. What my original point was is that they have gotten much much better thanks to this DP tour alone.

And as for enjoying the music and dancing and having a good time even though they apparently are the worst DJs ever making me a caricature of the scene? Sorry Im hyped on music right now and like to dance to it. Maybe the mixing and tweaking isnt going to make me excited and be like "damn they are such good DJs, I am going to stand here and listen to the technicalities of theyre DJing while not dancing whatsoever." but I am enjoying it.

Jesus you critics should check out the DEXPISTOLS if you really want to analyze shitty DJs.

Theyre big in Japan, thats not a joke, theyre from Japan.

Im sure that you would prefer Sebastian and Kavinsky after you hear a set that starts of as a Justice Medley, into a Michael jackson Medley complete with techno remixes, and finishes as and Ode to terrible american MTV rock.
with little mixing.

Ritestyl
12-21-2007, 01:55 PM

If this is 85th page of this thread and this is what the posts are like... this is lame...

Justice production = random samples, distortion, midi mapping and compression... that's it suckers

crazzz2007
12-21-2007, 01:55 PM
PF, please delete this thrad. It's time. Really. Please to it.

signmeup
12-21-2007, 01:58 PM

pretty please?

Ritestyl
12-21-2007, 01:58 PM

Seconded.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-21-2007, 02:38 PM
wait...who the hell is justice and what is going on in this thread?

jackstraw94086
12-21-2007, 02:43 PM
And I know they are not the best, but its kind of how you get better, by touring and doing it a lot. Yeah they played mostly the same set whatever. What my original point was is that they have gotten much much better thanks to this DP tour alone.

You're not supposed to practice in front of tens of thousands of paid customers. If you want to DJ then learn how beforehand. This isn't happy hour at your local bar. That's how you're getting cheated.

And as for enjoying the music and dancing and having a good time even though they apparently are the worst DJs ever making me a caricature of the scene? This has nothing to do with having a good time at the show. You're trying to rationalize unprofessionalism. You speak as if these two DJ's were an edgy punk band or something. That's why you're a caricature. They're pressing fucking buttons. You dont' even have to be sober to do this right.

Sorry Im hyped on music right now and like to dance to it. Maybe the mixing and tweaking isnt going to make me excited and be like "damn they are such good DJs, I am going to stand here and listen to the technicalities of theyre DJing while not dancing whatsoever." but I am enjoying it.
more caricaturing. It's not about concentrating on figuring out how good they are, it's about them not being so bad that you notice how bad they are.

Jesus you critics should check out the DEXPISTOLS if you really want to analyze shitty DJs. No.

Im sure that you would prefer Sebastian and Kavinsky after you hear a set that starts of as a Justice Medley, into a Michael jackson Medley complete with techno remixes, and finishes as and Ode to terrible american MTV rock.
with little mixing.
10X Caricature Blow + Double Irony Punch + Comic Combo Smash. ...FINISH HIM!!!!!

Ritestyl
12-21-2007, 02:57 PM
This has delete me all over it.

signmeup
12-21-2007, 03:03 PM
God this is lame, my point is. I like them.
And you get better the more you do something, so technically every show any musician ever plays is practice, in a way.

jackstraw94086
12-21-2007, 03:07 PM
God this is lame, my point is. I like them.
And you get better the more you do something, so technically every show any musician ever plays is practice, in a way.

That was not your point at all.

You tried to excuse piss poor performance by saying they were just practicing.

That's retarded. By that logic anyone who ever wanted to be a rock star should just start touring right now. They'll get better along the way.

Ritestyl
12-21-2007, 03:46 PM
I think Justice are on minute 13... and this thread still needs to die...

I still really like Phantom Part 2 btw...

Really over the hype though... wish I had thought for 2 seconds and realized that if I bought a shitload of those lame ass tour shirts I could have sold them on ebay for 200 bucks

Gyrus
12-21-2007, 03:56 PM
CUZ WE.... ARE.... YOUR FRIENDS....
YOU'LL..... NEVER BE ALONE AGAIN..... SO COME ON!!!!

Ritestyl
12-21-2007, 04:01 PM
CUZ WE.... ARE.... YOUR FRIENDS....
YOU'LL..... NEVER BE ALONE AGAIN..... SO COME ON!!!!

If this isn't evidence this thread needs to be deleted I don't know what is.

thelastgreatman
12-21-2007, 04:17 PM
If this is 85th page of this thread and this is what the posts are like... this is lame...

Justice production = random samples, distortion, midi mapping and compression... that's it suckers

All little kids who jump into the end of the thread and give me shit as if I was supporting Justice must go read the beginning of the argument and then fuck themselves. Don't get uppity with me.

dude, in the context of this thread "production" means the music. period.
This isn't the movies.

Jack, I'm not going to argue with you about your professional art form--I dabble in this shit occasionally mostly to help out a friend and take a cut of his fees but I get annoyed by the terminology, hate the programs involved, and find it generally mind-numbing. Mostly I get really high and then after he's been dicking around with something for minutes on end I eventually get tired of it and tell him what to do, and then it sounds good. But let me try to clarify and I think you'll understand what I mean. You might still tell me I don't have a fucking clue, of course.

Okay, I get what you meant if you're talking about them as "producers," because in EDM there isn't anything but producers, is there? I mean there's rarely anything actually recorded with a microphone except the vocal, so everything else is the producer making the song, and that's where I think you're coming from with this smack. But I draw a distinction between talking about that and the difference between whether EDM is well written or well produced. Perhaps those are the wrong terms, but that's just how I think of it.

Writing is the actual content. Producing is making that content sound as good as it can. There has to be some kind of different consideration given to conception and execution separately, no? Or am I just using the wrong words? Now you look at this crap with the same kind of sneer I do--a much more authoritative sneer, of course--but am I wrong in saying that while Cross is inherently crap because it's thoroughly generic crappy (gay) house music... it's nonetheless kinda well-put-together generic crappy (gay) house music?

That's what I refer to when I talk about the production of the album. You might still tell me I'm an idiot, and in fact I might want you to just 'cause it would probably be funny, but all I was saying is that they made total shit... well. I guess. Lord knows there's plenty of shitty house music that's not just shit music but shit music made shittily--I wouldn't say they're the latter, they're just really unimaginative and willing to shoot for the easiest, most tired ploys in all of dance music. Am I talking out of my ass here, Jack, or what?

if you are refferring to the actual sound than you would be talking about engineering

An engineer? On that album? Why would an engineer ever come into play? I've never been involved in a studio, so I may be completely daft, but isn't an engineer concerned with the recording of sounds? I mean, maybe they had one for the vocals, but I'd be surprised if they actually recorded much besides that. At least it doesn't sound like it. And if you're an EDM producer and you can't don't know enough about audio tech to record that shit yourselves, you're pretty weak. But like I say, I may be ignorant here.

Ritestyl
12-21-2007, 04:20 PM
All little kids who jump into the end of the thread and give me shit as if I was supporting Justice must go read the beginning of the argument and then fuck themselves. Don't get uppity with me.

Jack, I'm not going to argue with you about your professional art form--I dabble in this shit occasionally mostly to help out a friend and take a cut of his fees but I get annoyed by the terminology, hate the programs involved, and find it generally mind-numbing. Mostly I get really high and then after he's been dicking around with something for minutes on end I eventually get tired of it and tell him what to do, and then it sounds good. But let me try to clarify and I think you'll understand what I mean. You might still tell me I don't have a fucking clue, of course.

Okay, I get what you meant if you're talking about them as "producers," because in EDM there isn't anything but producers, is there? I mean there's rarely anything actually recorded with a microphone except the vocal, so everything else is the producer making the song, and that's where I think you're coming from with this smack. But I draw a distinction between talking about that and the difference between whether EDM is well written or well produced. Perhaps those are the wrong terms, but that's just how I think of it.

Writing is the actual content. Producing is making that content sound as good as it can. There has to be some kind of different consideration given to conception and execution separately, no? Or am I just using the wrong words? Now you look at this crap with the same kind of sneer I do--a much more authoritative sneer, of course--but am I wrong in saying that while Cross is inherently crap because it's thoroughly generic crappy (gay) house music... it's nonetheless kinda well-put-together generic crappy (gay) house music?

That's what I refer to when I talk about the production of the album. You might still tell me I'm an idiot, and in fact I might want you to just 'cause it would probably be funny, but all I was saying is that they made total shit... well. I guess. Lord knows there's plenty of shitty house music that's not just shit music but shit music made shittily--I wouldn't say they're the latter, they're just really unimaginative and willing to shoot for the easiest, most tired ploys in all of dance music. Am I talking out of my ass here, Jack, or what?

An engineer? On that album? Why would an engineer ever come into play? I've never been involved in a studio, so I may be completely daft, but isn't an engineer concerned with the recording of sounds? I mean, maybe they had one for the vocals, but I'd be surprised if they actually recorded much besides that. At least it doesn't sound like it. And if you're an EDM producer and you can't don't know enough about audio tech to record that shit yourselves, you're pretty weak. But like I say, I may be ignorant here.

1. I'm not a little kid
2. I didn't think you were supporting Justice
3. You wasted waaaaaaaaaaay to many brain cells on that post

thelastgreatman
12-21-2007, 04:22 PM
... you do know that typing doesn't kill brain cells, right?

thelastgreatman
12-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Also, if you have less than 100 posts you're a little kid. Sorry, kid.

Ritestyl
12-21-2007, 04:24 PM
... you do know that typing doesn't kill brain cells, right?

If you type by banging your head against your keyboard it does

Ritestyl
12-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Also, if you have less than 100 posts you're a little kid. Sorry, kid.

awww that's cute, you meant little kid in the context of this message board... gotcha, that's awesome

Robototron
12-21-2007, 04:27 PM
1. I'm not a little kid
2. I didn't think you were supporting Justice
3. You wasted waaaaaaaaaaay to many brain cells on that post

God forbid people make posts that can be summed up in more than three numerical points.

Gyrus
12-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Just have to jump in this one, sorry if I missed the original argument but I'm thinking.....

In most dance music terms....

Producer = someone who amateurly or professionally writes/records/engineers/masters(T-RACKS works awesome)/releases their own tunes. I classify myself as a producer (more amateur than professional, I wouldnt quit my day job).

In all other genres though...

Producer = Usually a very well paid experienced person (Rick Rubin & Timbaland - near opposites but good examples of awesome producers) who helps shape/design the sound of the song/album and hook up the right people to make it happen.

no?

Gyrus
12-21-2007, 04:39 PM
PS, to further what has been said.

I've heard many MANY M - A - N - Y Well produced but utterly shit dance tunes that just bore the shit out of me!!
I can still appreciate the production on it though even though I think the tune sucks.

Trick Loves The Kids
12-21-2007, 05:24 PM
I'VE CREATED A MONSTER, PUT THIS THREAD DOWN

but before that:

1) This is all lameass semantics but most people assume a producer to be the people who write the music when it's within rap or dance. The Neptunes are producers, they produced "Drop It Like It's Hot" even though they didn't actually engineer/master it.

2) Justice will probably not be at Coachella 2008

3) Sebastian and Kavinsky are shit DJs and a lot of Ed Banger is overrated except for DJ Mehdi who has been making good music for like a decade and DJs very well

4) stop ordering $200 t-shirts nerds

Gyrus
12-21-2007, 05:43 PM
I'VE CREATED A MONSTER, PUT THIS THREAD DOWN

but before that:

1) This is all lameass semantics but most people assume a producer to be the people who write the music when it's within rap or dance. The Neptunes are producers, they produced "Drop It Like It's Hot" even though they didn't actually engineer/master it.

2) Justice will probably not be at Coachella 2008

3) Sebastian and Kavinsky are shit DJs and a lot of Ed Banger is overrated except for DJ Mehdi who has been making good music for like a decade and DJs very well

4) stop ordering $200 t-shirts nerds

Now now now, I saw Sebastian and Kavinsky with Daft Punk on saturday and they rocked it. I wasn't really paying attention to their technical prowess but they did finish with Sebastians remix of Killin in the name of which rocked it.

points 1, 2 and 4, true true and true.
I think I know the jist of what you're sayin

jackstraw94086
12-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Now now now, I saw Sebastian and Kavinsky with Daft Punk on saturday and they rocked it. I wasn't really paying attention to their technical prowess but they did finish with Sebastians remix of Killin in the name of which rocked it.

Don't you get uppity now. Trick's post was inscrutable.

Sebastians' RATM remix is one of the most fucking overplayed and overrated tracks of the year. Every time I heard it dropped I would look around the room and see people nervously scanning the room to see whether or not they were supposed to freak out to it or not. Yawn.
It was hardly a remix too, I'd say that was only marginally more than an edit.

Somewhat Damaged
12-21-2007, 08:26 PM

Sebastians' RATM remix is one of the most fucking overplayed and overrated tracks of the year. Every time I heard it dropped I would look around the room and see people nervously scanning the room to see whether or not they were supposed to freak out to it or not. Yawn.

Yeah, I didn't see what the fuss was with the remix either, nor did it sound like a remix. When I heard it at the LA DP show, it sounded like they were just playing a RATM song. If there's some dancey stuff to it, it was so unremarkable that it failed to register.

suprefan
12-21-2007, 08:30 PM

Just cause they closed with the Rage track, doesnt mean ANYTHING. also, just because you just saw them spin it still doesnt mean ANYTHING. There are quite a few people on here who have seen them do their thing more than once so their view of it can actually have some weight behind it. And, you are just waiting until Rage comes in a month as it is to finally play your little city after all these years.

Yes, maybe this thread should be closed, and Justice wont be at Coachella 2008. It would be a waste to put them back there again, they need to ''go away'' for a while and let time do some work on their material to see if it can hold up for a few years.

orbit
12-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Wasn't Oizo who did most of that remix?

jackstraw94086
12-21-2007, 10:25 PM

I had heard oizo mentioned once too, but several independent trusted folks have said sebastian. I don't claim to know 100% but a friend told me the track first got out because it was cut from a sebastian mix. That said, it may as well been anybody's.

And just to show I'm not a wholesale hater, I fucking loved Sebastian's remix of Kelis' Bossy. I've been drunk enough to perpetrate that one a few times.

I'm on my way out to hear dome dance punk rur-rave bs right now actually. Charles Shaw and Sparks make fools of us all.

Trick Loves The Kids
12-21-2007, 10:56 PM
Sebastian Bossy remix was/is the shit. Like I said, those dudes are good producers but that doesn't mean they should be anywhere near the (CD) turntables.

the worst part is that learning beatmatching is fucking easy, especially when you're already into dance music and you're surrounded by dozens of people who can do it well. it's like, make some attempt to learn to mix, use a computer to do it for you, or just stick to producing.

rage patton
12-22-2007, 02:16 AM

I don't know for sure either, but I have heard the Killing in the Name mix is an Oizo mix, not a Sebastian mix.

brando4n82
12-22-2007, 05:15 AM

all i know is Sebastian recently released an EP for Walkman, and the B-side is Killing in the Name of. So I would assume it's his

orbit
12-22-2007, 10:00 AM
I think both of them did it, but Oizo did the most part. Well, I'm not sure either. All I know is that Sebastian played first and people assumed it was his.

Gyrus
12-22-2007, 09:10 PM

not getting uppity, just being cheeky :P

Yeh defintely agree it's more of an edit.
It's hard to improve on perfect.
Saying that, it is fun rockin out to. I can't stand people that do that, look around to see if everyone else likes it first, fuck you should just go nuts if its a sick tune.

Botrocker
12-23-2007, 09:06 PM

exactly

ficklecycle
12-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Are you guys done and can we get back to the cheesy overrated D-A-N-C-E music that is JUSTEEECEEE?

paulb
12-23-2007, 10:16 PM
ya, so much fuckin fightin here, lame... Im really feelin Phantom II soulwax remix lately...im lookin forward to what 2008 will bring.

ficklecycle
12-23-2007, 10:20 PM
It's sick no doubt. I remember hearing it for the first time thinking to myself "this shit is gonna fucking tear the fucking house down at any gig."

I'm down with the Boys Noize remix also, how bout you?

paulb
12-23-2007, 10:21 PM
I bought the Phantom EP vinyl at Ameoba...but i havent opened it....ive never heard the Boys Noize remix...could u send it to me?

ficklecycle
12-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Just let me try to find the file and for sure. I saw it at Amoeba and was thinking of buying it so I could spin it but then I found a copy of Homework and snatched it. $30 used so not bad really since it's a bit hard to find it here in the U.S.

paulb
12-23-2007, 10:35 PM
could u like megaupload it or yousendit or something? Thanks buddy...that would be sick... I usually dont open my vinyls...

ficklecycle
12-23-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm uploading it to zshare.net as I type this so you'll get it once it's done. I'm the same with vinyls but something it's like you just gotta spin it you know what I mean? It's like getting a brand spankin new toy but not being able to open it because you wanna keep it in mint condition. I just cant control myself.

paulb
12-23-2007, 10:45 PM
I know exactly what you're sayin...thanks again, I cant wait to hear it.

ficklecycle
12-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Here it is man:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GOJEHZUE

Justice - Phantom (Boys Noize Remix)

Merry Christmas.

paulb
12-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Here it is man:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GOJEHZUE

Justice - Phantom (Boys Noize Remix)

Merry Christmas.

you mean, Happy Birthday? thanks buddy!

superfiction
12-23-2007, 11:36 PM
you mean, Happy Birthday? thanks buddy!

jesus? have i found you after all this time?

fatbastard
12-25-2007, 01:29 PM
It's a Ed Banger's Life
Y44L3Vhc_SQ

Botrocker
12-25-2007, 02:01 PM
That made my day. haha

MeowMixer
12-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Brand new video for Newjack.

MoADVIUuMCw

HunterGather
12-27-2007, 04:06 PM
http://a808.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/68/l_bc9b4ca29435b742f69f74d95d4c89bf.jpg

Bud Luster
12-27-2007, 07:42 PM
this photo explains a lot.

brando4n82
12-28-2007, 05:31 AM
WTF!?!?!?!?

how can that picture be real

paulb
12-28-2007, 01:10 PM
i feel gay for looking at that photo....but i like the tshirt....

rage patton
12-28-2007, 01:16 PM
It's a Ed Banger's Life
Y44L3Vhc_SQ

That made my day.

MoADVIUuMCw

Please God, tell me this is real.

moviebruin
12-30-2007, 09:06 AM
so nye is upon us and justice, busy p, a trak, and mstrkrft are all in town. now where are all the secret dj sets gonna be at tonite? my guess is banana splitz at lax. but, does anyone have any inside info?

Botrocker
12-30-2007, 01:09 PM
^^ Correct. They'll be there if anywhere. I don't know whats going on tonite though. We'll see.

with the kills
12-30-2007, 08:12 PM
yeah justice would be cool how bout the crystal castles?

fatbastard
12-31-2007, 05:37 PM
http://www.wantickets.com/images/event/justice-flier.jpg

fatbastard
12-31-2007, 06:42 PM
I just came from this location. It's in the art district. It starts at the bottom of the 6th street Bridge, on Mateo. There is not an entrance or parking on the 7th street side which end right outside the Nabisco lofts. It looks like a tight space. Parking is available on loading docks on 6th street in between Mateo and Alameda. A fair amount of people were already lining up at 7 right now.

Note: I ditched an algebra final once to watch them film hill street blues in front of the building that is right in front of Chinese lanterns.

superfiction
12-31-2007, 08:11 PM
http://www.wantickets.com/images/event/justice-flier.jpg

too bad that picture makes yu think theyre doing a live set

airguitarvet
01-01-2008, 05:26 AM
they did whoomp there it is and gimme more. it was bananas!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-01-2008, 06:19 AM
I hate anyone he saw Justice last night...(well not really since it was a DJ set right?)

Botrocker
01-01-2008, 10:12 AM
I saw Justice 13 times in 2007. Thats more than once a month.

HunterGather
01-01-2008, 10:21 AM
So what do you do for a living?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-01-2008, 11:34 AM
ok...freaking out a little now but ticketmaster has Justice coming to Denver 03/22/07....OMG!!!!!!!!!

HunterGather
01-01-2008, 11:39 AM
O rly?!
I may head up there then.
Unless they do ineeed stop at the Ultra Music Festival in Miami.
It's march 28th and 29th, so its somewhat likely to happen if they are gonna be in Denver on the 22nd...

psychic friend
01-01-2008, 11:54 AM
la in march

paulb
01-01-2008, 11:56 AM
la in march

shucks....do u know any other cities?

Robototron
01-01-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm getting really sick of Justice coming around so often. Their DJ sets barely ever change and while their live show was awesome, unless they mix it up a little (actually, a lot) I can probably do without seeing it again so soon. The events just seem to get worse and worse in terms of crowd, venue, and all that.

How were they last night, anyway? I'm interested to hear what the crowd was like with it being 21+. Not surprised that it didn't sell out given that Dim Mak events are mostly attended by people who are underage.

They'll probably be in Miami, I don't see why they would miss something as big as WMC.

superfiction
01-01-2008, 12:28 PM
shucks....do u know any other cities?

seattle.

and im pretty sure vancovuer

paulb
01-01-2008, 12:35 PM
ill def be at Vancouver, Seattle and/or Portland if it aint 21+...2009 will be better for me...only 11 months, 3 weeks till im 21! lol

seachanges
01-01-2008, 12:57 PM
seattle.

and im pretty sure vancovuer

Hells yes

I think I'll skip the shitty "no fun dancin" seattle scene this time around, and just stick with the Van crowd/show.

superfiction
01-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Hells yes

I think I'll skip the shitty "no fun dancin" seattle scene this time around, and just stick with the Van crowd/show.

im thinking hit both. but thats just me :)

HunterGather
01-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Woo!
Now if only Digitalism came back around again, I'd be one happy camper.

Botrocker
01-01-2008, 02:29 PM
If Digitalism came around as much as Justice my face would be melted off!

airguitarvet
01-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Justice had a crazy set! they played DANCE MSTRKFT MIX, britey spears and some odd songs. The crowd was awesome. Steve Aoki was climbing speakers, people dancing on stage. Security came over and stopped their set becuase there were too many ppl on stage- this angered the dude with the short hair, he walked off mad and then asked ppl to rush the stage- they didnt. Peaches was amazing, like always.

Botrocker
01-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Sounds just like any another Justice show to me. hahaha

paulb
01-01-2008, 03:11 PM
sounds like fuckin fun to me. Jeez, sounds like you got a stick up your ass Botrocker.

Airguitarvet, did you see 2 Live Crew? and if so, did they play Me So Horny?

Botrocker
01-01-2008, 03:40 PM
^^I'm sure it was fun. In fact I guarantee it. I've just been a bit inundated with Justice. I love them but they have played in southern California about 20 times in 2007. Thats all I was saying. No sticks in this rectum buddy sorry to ruin your fantasy.

Somewhat Damaged
01-01-2008, 04:11 PM
I wish they would come to Arizona. I like them and all but not so much that I'm going to fly to San Diego or LA to see them.

airguitarvet
01-01-2008, 04:12 PM
sounds like fuckin fun to me. Jeez, sounds like you got a stick up your ass Botrocker.

Airguitarvet, did you see 2 Live Crew? and if so, did they play Me So Horny?

YES! of course i remember chanting lines such as

"hhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy we want some pusssssssssssy"

"doo doo brown"

i think they have a new single called "dance like a hoe" really catchy. ha ha

they were awesome- they had some white girls up on stage wearing some sort of cheezy prom dresses and one of the rappers said, " where did you hoes come from, some barmitzvah or something????????"

suprefan
01-01-2008, 04:12 PM
la in march

Yay, thanks, guess its before Denver or right before Mexico.

PLAY THE EL REY OR FONDA!

Botrocker
01-01-2008, 08:04 PM
I believe they've achieved "Wiltern" status by now. haha

Sushov23
01-01-2008, 08:12 PM
we should start a poll asking how many people are over this whole Justice thing already.

Wheres the beef?
01-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Justice @ Hard NYE, Los Angeles, CA 12/31/07 (http://www.sharebig.com/d/stxulmnnm/0C3Lgyc477B1CDB0C/justice1.flac.htm)

Last 45 min only.

airguitarvet
01-01-2008, 08:37 PM
whats a flac? will it play on mac. enlighten me.

Wheres the beef?
01-01-2008, 08:38 PM
google.com

Trick Loves The Kids
01-01-2008, 08:46 PM
is that an audience recording?

iv3rdawG
01-01-2008, 08:48 PM
la in march

Awesome.

suprefan
01-01-2008, 08:57 PM
I believe they've achieved "Wiltern" status by now. haha

Eff that s**t. Also keep in mind, that AEG is doing the show in Denver, last I chekced goldenvoice is owned by AEG. even though GV and Live Nation do co promotional events. I dont think they would do the wiltern.

He recorded it.

Wheres the beef?
01-01-2008, 09:05 PM

Recorded by yours truly. I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised at the quality. This was my first time recording with my new setup. Cant wait to rock it at Coachella.

Lurker_in_a_tree
01-01-2008, 09:23 PM
hey you guys, stop enjoying Justice! can't you see you're all wrong? stop it right now! stop having fun I say!

Wheres the beef?
01-01-2008, 09:23 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f209/carbine000/IMG_6395.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f209/carbine000/IMG_6384.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f209/carbine000/IMG_6379.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f209/carbine000/IMG_6353.jpg

elmonstro
01-01-2008, 10:19 PM
That last picture is funny due to the dude making the Daft Punk ''Pyramid'' sign during Justice.

superfiction
01-01-2008, 10:47 PM
maybe they dropped a daft tune

airguitarvet
01-01-2008, 11:12 PM
they did- DA FUNK

airguitarvet
01-01-2008, 11:12 PM
google.com

dork

rage patton
01-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Paul, don't worry. Justice will be coming back to Vancouver. They sold out the show in October over a month early, and there was high demand for more tickets. They will be comming here.

cloud9
01-01-2008, 11:36 PM
cchuold say that was very ufny last night and think busyz pi ad ag reat set as well relay supzie me because tlast etimed i see dhim in cocachella he semd not this godz but this tme t was amzning mabye because is the2 08 now but culd not rely say yet :dumbo

TickleMeElmo
01-01-2008, 11:38 PM
cchuold say that was very ufny last night and think busyz pi ad ag reat set as well relay supzie me because tlast etimed i see dhim in cocachella he semd not this godz but this tme t was amzning mabye because is the2 08 now but culd not rely say yet :dumbo

Umm... what?

rage patton
01-01-2008, 11:48 PM
I love cloud9

Trick Loves The Kids
01-01-2008, 11:52 PM
That last picture is funny due to the dude making the Daft Punk ''Pyramid'' sign during Justice.

Daft Punk "Pyramid" more like Roc "Diamond"

get familiar

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4674/jayztherocuy8.jpg

paulb
01-02-2008, 12:55 AM
^^I'm sure it was fun. In fact I guarantee it. I've just been a bit inundated with Justice. I love them but they have played in southern California about 20 times in 2007. Thats all I was saying. No sticks in this rectum buddy sorry to ruin your fantasy.

I wish Justice played in Vancouver 20x a year. That would be sick and such an honour. If you're a fan, I dont know how you could complain though. If you dont wanna go, than dont. Bands tour and play cities that are gonna make them money, clearly LA is one of those cities. Ill def be seeing Justice in LA someday soon...

keep2thestreets
01-02-2008, 09:48 AM
hard nye was sick. A trak killed it
busy p killed it

and the x-large cross was sick

(i got arrested for DUI afterwards :( )

now im feeling sick

suprefan
01-02-2008, 10:10 AM
busy p killed it

now im feeling sick

You should have called me Sean, I wouldve picked you up.

JustSteve
01-02-2008, 10:20 AM
busy p killed it

now im feeling sick

idiot.

JustSteve
01-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Daft Punk "Pyramid" more like Roc "Diamond"

get familiar

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4674/jayztherocuy8.jpg

ddp

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2005/03/13/promo_ddp.jpg

ThomThom
01-02-2008, 10:27 AM
busy p killed it

now im feeling sick

I'm sorry to hear that Sean. Are they holding your car in impound still or did you get it out?

keep2thestreets
01-02-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Sean. Are they holding your car in impound still or did you get it out?

no they didn't impound it, which was the only thing good that happen

Justice in March sweet !!