PDA

View Full Version : WILL CALL IS A STUPID MESS

Pages : [1] 2

PlayaDelWes
04-28-2007, 11:18 AM
The organizers had to know how many people were coming through to pick up tickets.

They also had to know the avg transaction time.

If they did the math, the would understand that it would take 2-4 hours to wait in that line.

That is not acceptable under any circusmstance.

Either find alternative Will Call procedures, open Will Call early, or whatever it takes to get SMART and speed up the process. Whoever was in charge of Will Call needs to be replaced. Bottom Line.

We waited in the line for 10 minutes and said fuck it. We're going to buy $30 Friday tix from people who had extras. Essentially we bought our way out of Will Call Line.

At 8:15 I exited the show to go back to Will Call to get my Sat & Sun tix (and the Fri tix that were now worthless). I was the 2nd person in line. The Will Call person took 10 minutes with the person in front of me and 10 minutes with me. Each of us had simple transactions.

Not only was Will Call a disaster, it was big enough that Coachella or TM or whoever is the orgainzer of it owes patrons a GREAT apology.

gaypalmsprings
04-28-2007, 11:47 AM
What she said. Agree 200%.

DeltaSigChi4
04-30-2007, 09:19 AM
Maybe you should of gotten your tickets the old fashioned way.

Your own fault for relying on Will Call.

Period.

E

scrodpiece
04-30-2007, 09:21 AM
no, period; COMMA

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6676
they were instructed to do willcall because TM didn't mail them in time

DeltaSigChi4
04-30-2007, 09:28 AM
They should of purchased them at a LOCATION.

I see "So Cal", Palm Springs, etc in this thread, which means that these retards could've gone to the Glass House to purchase their passes. Period.

E

scrodpiece
04-30-2007, 09:38 AM
ha, right. i haven't bought a ticket in person at a location since 2002 or so. Hey brainbox, are you really serious when you suggest that? Do you buy all of your tickets for local shows in person? Do you really go across town, stand in line, and chat with someone to cumbersomely pay the same amount for tickets that you can order from your sofa in 3 minutes?

DeltaSigChi4
04-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Tickets are cheaper in person, idiot.

Also, there is a Ticketmaster no more than 0.5 miles from where I currently reside, genius.

And I've never had to stand and wait for hours in the hot desert sun for Will Call[ed] tickets, or had to buy tickets I already had purchased from a secondary source just because the Will Call was so cumbersome.

So you go ahead and continue purchasing your tickets from TM.com. Have fun waiting in line.

E

york707
04-30-2007, 09:56 AM
"should have" not "should of," idiot.

DeltaSigChi4
04-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Suck my balls, bitch.

E

scrodpiece
04-30-2007, 10:02 AM
every ticketmaster show I've ever been to you get charged their fee no matter where/how you purchase the tickets. I assumed it is the same with Coachella, no? I don't live in SoCal so I never bothered to find out.

Local theaters, of course it usually a couple of bucks cheaper to buy in person ahead of time at the theater, but for a 60000 person festival thru ticketmaster I wouldn't imagine a price break at an outlet.

Who gives a shit anyway? Its over. Hopefully GV will evaluate and improve for next year and have a solution better than "you idiots should buy your tickets in person"

DeltaSigChi4
04-30-2007, 10:42 AM
I paid 250$ for my three-day passes.

Exactly 250$. And I gained access to some cool LPs that I would never had the chance to purchase, outside of the secondary market, for a huge mark-up.

And I didn't have to spend hours at Will Call.

E

shawnzypants
04-30-2007, 10:53 AM
You're an asshole, Delta. If WillCall was expected to be such a disaster, they shouldn't have had the option in the first place. This problem is ENTIRELY on Coachella and it's organizers, and not the thousands of people that got screwed over by them.

WillCall lines NEVER take that long. You putting the blame on patrons is complete bullshit.

PlayaDelWes
04-30-2007, 10:58 AM

Period.

E

TM did screw up my order. They instructed me to show up at Will Call. I'm guessing it was the same for may people there in that crazy line.

That does not belittle the fact that Will Call was a mess that could have be avoided with appropriate planning by the organizers.

Outside of Will Call, the event was well run.

ivankay
04-30-2007, 11:05 AM
You're an asshole, Delta. If WillCall was expected to be such a disaster, they shouldn't have had the option in the first place. This problem is ENTIRELY on Coachella and it's organizers, and not the thousands of people that got screwed over by them.

WillCall lines NEVER take that long. You putting the blame on patrons is complete bullshit.

Yes Delta, i think in this particular situation you are blaming the wrong people because you had the benefit of not being in their situation. The international buyers had no option. My friend bought a VIP after the initial sell out and he had to go to will call. Will call is usually a long wait, but this was ridiculous. My friend told me after they decided to do the alphabetical thing, the place they would post the info was at the actual window (instead of at the entrance point of the line). How were you supposed to know what line to get in unless you went to the box office first? Not the way most people would approach it after they had been told they were in the "Will Call Line". My friends made a lot of effort to go to the show and this is the MAIN thing that has them pissed at GV and Ticketmaster (who needs a dictionary to look up the word "convenient").

whynotsmile99
05-01-2007, 09:41 AM
yea, i felt for you guys big time. It took a good 45 minutes to get through the main entrance on Friday. I couldn't imagine that wait + the will call line wait.

I didn't know Ticketmaster told you you had to pick them up at will call. thats just bullshit. Hope they figure that out next year.

billtino
05-01-2007, 10:48 AM
To really be able to comment in this thread you had to of actually experienced the WILL CALL line. I would guess over 90% of our International attendees (probably not the canucks) who purchased their tickets thru ticketmaster ONLY had the option to buy via WILL CALL.
If you camped all 4 nights like i did, then you know the international ppl outnumbered us yankees.
My buddy Dave flew over from the UK for this show and had to pick up his tix via will call, so i waited in line with him Friday AM. We got in line at 9:50am and were about 40yards from the front and it took us 1hour to get his tickets. By the time we got to the front, the line was 10 times as long....some ppl waited over 3hrs & only 4 of the 12 (or so) windows were actually in use. the 2 "box office" lines were virtually empty, but if you didn't have bouncing titties to convince the big hispanic guy behind the window to help u w/ ur will call tickets, you weren't getting any help from them. (yeah i saw some gals get there will call tickets that way instead of waiting in the long line, more power to ya! terrible queue to say the least. some of my aussie friends didn't even go in on Friday because of that rediculous line. truely a huge let down at the will call.

Jimmyz
05-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa!!! Crazy! For five of the last seven years now, I havn't purchased my tickets via Ticketmaster because I HATE paying their fees. Every year I have been able to walk up to the TICKETS booth next to WILL CALL and purchase my tickets without paying the fees.

Every time I have done this, I have never even seen a line for EITHER of the two ticket boxes. I went Saturday morning at 9:30 and nobody was there... 10:30 on Sunday and nobody was there... Is there another Will Call/Tickets area I do not know about?

PlayaDelWes
05-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa!!! Crazy! For five of the last seven years now, I havn't purchased my tickets via Ticketmaster because I HATE paying their fees. Every year I have been able to walk up to the TICKETS booth next to WILL CALL and purchase my tickets without paying the fees.

Every time I have done this, I have never even seen a line for EITHER of the two ticket boxes. I went Saturday morning at 10:30 and nobody was there... Is there another Will Call/Tickets area I do not know about?

Sat and Sun were fine. Friday was a mess.

Jimmyz
05-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Ahhh... just read a few posts. Thanks for the info.

KenMixtape
05-01-2007, 03:55 PM

Period.

E

you know, i've never talked to you before, but...

..you're a cunt.

how were people supposed to know Will Call would be totally screwed up?

ps, i bought my tickets at the glasshouse. Once in awhile I will buy willcall tickets to avoid ridiculous Ticketmaster fees. I feel sorry for anyone caught in that clusterfuck.

luckyface
05-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Not everyone is a scalper who knows the tricks of the trade, Delta. Cut these people some slack.

DeltaSigChi4
05-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Let's tone down the negativity folks.

E

gaypalmsprings
05-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Let's tone down the negativity folks.

E

Like she said...

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w302/gaypalmsprings/Coachella%202007/willcall.jpg

DeltaSigChi4
05-01-2007, 08:59 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/DeltaSigChi4/glasses_02.jpg

E

psychic friend
05-01-2007, 09:14 PM
i know this doesnt matter to all the people who waited so long but i have worked in the concert biz for many many many years.

friday was day 1 of a huge festival. IMHO, that had to be the busiest.

sat/sunday were cake

the ones who worked probably have suggestions on how to make things better and they are probably very vocal about wanting to help. lets all hope that someday its perfect.

I need not go into details but in my opinion the time would be cut in half or more if people took care of their issues a week before the festival instead of just showing up with no confirmation number or credit card or ID or whatever. Those were probably like 70% of the issues. And unfortunately the people who got through with no problem in 2 minutes dont post here to boast about how easy it was when they got to the window. we only seem to read stories of the others. OR even the person who got to the window and it only took them a minute but they had to wait behind 20 people that had no clue making their wait 2 hours.

I could give you all the stories of the lies people at box office windows, the unpreparedness of people who arrive at the window and of course the occasional legit mess up that we do try and fix and how happy they are when we do, but the point is mooooooooooot (lol).

:)

PlayaDelWes
05-01-2007, 09:24 PM
PF. You make it sound so simple, but it's not. It is a problem.

I DID have my act together. I handed the lady my ID, Credit Card, and Confirmation Number. 10-15 minutes later she presented me with my ticekts. That is what happened with the person in front of me in line too. The transaction time was WAAAY to long. You should have planned appropriately for people who were prepared and who were not prepared as well. Totally unacceptable.

Our 5 tickets went unused friday becasue we had to buy them from people who had extras or we would have missed our favorite acts. I had to miss 20 minutes of JAMC to go out to Will Call to get my tix for Sat and Sunday.

There are alternatives to long Will-Call lines. I would advise incentivizing people not to show up to Will Call. In my case I had no choice, my tix never arrived. Had Ticketmaster given me the option to have them mailed, remailed, sent email, or picked up locally, the Will Call problem would have been avoided for me and thousands of others.

I would suggest not deferring the problem, but rather solving it.

psychic friend
05-01-2007, 09:28 PM
like i said, we mostly hear the problem cases posted on this board and they hope to improve each year. this thread is being read by gv.

thanks for your input :)

sonofhal
05-01-2007, 09:56 PM
My friends got processed in about one minute. It was just the 5 hours standing in a queue that pissed them off (and missing half of fridays bands in the meantime) - Can we have a seperate queue next year for "idioots with no ID/Conf" - or can Ticketmaster start shipping tickets internationally? (they do hae a UK website after all)

arbouler
05-01-2007, 11:24 PM
i love the fact that delta sig is so nice on other boards but a douche on this one. i love internet personalities.

DeltaSigChi4
05-02-2007, 12:25 AM
I'm a victim of cruelness of the Coachella online community.

If I wasn't attacked every few minutes I'm logged in, maybe I'd come off differently here.

E

KenMixtape
05-02-2007, 12:47 AM
boo hoo.

anyways since this thread is being read by gv... please, don't stop doing coachella for the rest of your lives. it's like christmas. thanks. bye.

hitthenorth
05-02-2007, 05:00 AM
Will Call was a fucking disgrace of the like I've never seen. Coming from the UK I had no choice but to use this shite service. 4 hours in searing desert sun with no shelter and very little water was a real treat. I almost fainted thanks to Will Die and was amazed to only see one bird actually collapse.
Apart from the wait which ruined the rest of the day, my mate Stu got to the ticket office and was told that he had only bought a camping ticket. I thought he was going to kill the bird on the counter. Luckily he'd printed off the email confirmation so all we had to do was crawl all the way back to the car, get it, rehydrate to avoid death and stagger all the way back to the poxy ticket office.
Many thanks Will Call for ruining the first day and allowing us to miss a few acts that we really wanted to see.

Daithi
05-02-2007, 05:54 AM
Came from Ireland, will call was a complete disaster. We were lucky we got there early but still had to wait about an hour. When we got our tickets and walked back, the line looked like it could've been about 3-4 hours long!! There's no excuse for this mess. Why couldn't our tickets be emailed to us so we could print them out and have our barcodes scanned at entry to the gig? I' been to rugby/ football matches where ticketmaster have emailed out these tickets and it works great.

farside
05-02-2007, 06:35 AM
If I understand it correctly the will call line queue was that long because of people didn't have their conf number or ID or CC right and because ticketmaster didn't send tickets in time by mail?

Isn't it possible to do a pre-check on peoples ID/conf number/CC before they enter the line to keep the line clean? I saw people standing 15 minutes in front of a booth and eventually leaving without tickets because something wasn't right. I think the communication before the event (even on this messageboard) was good enough about what you had to bring with you for will call. Everybody can forget things but by pre-checking you can give people the change to get back to their car/tent/hotel to get their missing ID/conf number/CC.

Isn't is also possible for ticketmaster to send the tickets, they failed to send by mail, per email? It would be also great if ticketmaster sends tickets internationally by email or mail. I am willing to pay extra for that if that's the problem.

Anyway I was very impressed about how people stayed calm during waiting in the will call line. I also had the feeling the organisation was anticipating (maybe a bit to late) on the situation by handing out water and opening more booths and making separate lines in alphabetic order. I got in line at noon and reached the festival fields just before the Artic Monkeys so I wasn't to frustrated but I felt sorry for the people still in line behind me.

I think next time, to be sure, I will go to the will call at 9am to avoid the line.

mandelbaum
05-02-2007, 06:41 AM
Automatic will call machines would solve a lot of problems. Goldenvoice needs to look into this. They are like ATM machines. I remember going to playoff baseball games with will call and it was a nightmare. The next year, Ticketmaster installed the will call machines and the lines completely disappeared. Something to think about.

PlayaDelWes
05-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Just becasue this is a "3 day fesitval" does not make it acceptable to have a Will-Call line that causes people to miss 1/4 of the first day.

Other events with 60K - 150K+ people seem to have no problem. When they have problems they adapt.

It was clear that leading up to the show the organizers realized this was going to be a problem but did not adapt.

MaliciousMike
05-02-2007, 08:10 AM

Period.

E

Cock.

As someone said, International Buyers (such as myself) could only pick up via WillCall. We had no choice.

We saw this HUGE queue and thought "what's that for?" we carried on walking and joined a short Queue which was going to one of the 2 WillCall Stations.

RATM were playing... they're worldwide gods! There were SO MANY Aussies, Canadians, English, Scottish, Welsh, Japanese... the list goes on.

American festivals fucking suck dick!

Dode BCK
05-02-2007, 01:32 PM
My friends and I reckon coachella was the most amazing festival EVER,but Will Call was a total shambles.The 5 of us from the uk started queuing at around 12:15 on the friday.We got into the arena just as artic monkeys were coming on just after 6pm.So SIX hours of standing in the unbelievable heat.We spotted what the problem was after about 3 hours of queuing.On the left,just before will call was an ID booth.People were just coming from there,straight into the front part of the queue.Also some others were just wandering straight into the part with the lines of barriers at the front.There were NO security people there to stop this.So the result was the queue(which was many thousands long)wasn`t even moving at all.They eventually realised this problem,and around 30 security people put up more barriers and sorted out the crowds.Also they had letters on the booths,A-G,H-P and so on,for the surnames of the people picking up tickets.Supposedly you had to get into the right lane for your surname.The letters weren`t up early on,when they put them up,they moved them around about 3 or 4 times.So people were stuck in the wrong queue.The security did really well to sort it out,but a bit to late.So we missed most of the first day,and were so shattered by the heat,we were all feeling really shitty,and headed back to the campsite about half way through interpols set.But the rest of the weekend was superb.We met a lot of great people,made some new friends and will definetly be back next year.This Will Call needs either sorted out properly,or just binned and send the tickets out worldwide.Ticketmaster are a worldwide company,so can`t see why they can`t do this.Get it sorted GV,this could be one of the best festivals in the world,maybe even THE best

MaliciousMike
05-04-2007, 12:54 AM
this could be one of the best festivals in the world,maybe even THE best

it has NOTHING on glastonbury yet.
Absolutely Nothing.

clarky123
05-04-2007, 02:09 AM
I agree they are a total shambles. I flew half way across the world for Coachella. Drove to Coachella from PS on Thursday at 10am and got there at 11am. I was told by a woman at the Willcall booth that tickets would not be issued till 5pm and that was only the Camping Permits!
Ok, got to Coachella again Fri at 11am and was misinformed right left and center by staff about which que to be in for tickets.
Waited 3 hours in a Will Call line - remember, if you are from overseas you have no choice as tickets are not sent to these locations (the world does not revolve around the USA).
There were 3 people in the booth not lookin too stressed and the woman who served me eventually nearly did not issue the camping permits on top of the tickets - so it was not just people forgetting to bring Ids etc. This situation should not have happened if you have 60 thousand people there each day and 3 people issuing tickets to overseas and US customers alike - there is simply no excuse for Willcalls incompetence.

RageAtLast
05-04-2007, 09:45 AM
Couldn't agree more with most of the posts here. Shambolic! Ticketmaster UK now has an option to print out an e-ticket. Airlines can do it. So why can't Ticketmaster's US site do it?
PLEASE make it easier next year for international buyers either to buy from their own TM site (even though TM sucks because of fees) or to have e-tickets or, for goodness sake, post the damn things out by International Post!
Must say, though, apart from Wont Call as a first time Coachella goer I had a total blast!!

snowgirl_69
05-04-2007, 02:26 PM
i know this doesnt matter to all the people who waited so long but i have worked in the concert biz for many many many years.

sat/sunday were cake

the ones who worked probably have suggestions on how to make things better and they are probably very vocal about wanting to help. lets all hope that someday its perfect.

I need not go into details but in my opinion the time would be cut in half or more if people took care of their issues a week before the festival instead of just showing up with no confirmation number or credit card or ID or whatever. Those were probably like 70% of the issues. And unfortunately the people who got through with no problem in 2 minutes dont post here to boast about how easy it was when they got to the window. we only seem to read stories of the others. OR even the person who got to the window and it only took them a minute but they had to wait behind 20 people that had no clue making their wait 2 hours.

I could give you all the stories of the lies people at box office windows, the unpreparedness of people who arrive at the window and of course the occasional legit mess up that we do try and fix and how happy they are when we do, but the point is mooooooooooot (lol).

Dont be so cold PF....you were obviously not one of the poor music lovers who had travelled half way across the world to see some of their favourite bands only to have to wait for hours in the high temperatures to get in...you should be apologising on behalf of GV...WHAT A MESS!!!

sfmusiclvr
05-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Thank you for this post and the many continued msgs that state what really happened at coachella and how it needs to change!! This is my thread from earlier on the "past experiences"

To Goldenvoice and Event Coordinators:

I have never in 25yrs of concert going witnessed and was part of the most screwed up will call line ever! I have been to Coachella and Lollapalloza many times and never witnessed what happened on Friday

First off, with 50-60k concert goers for each day, don’t you think a larger staff would have been more appropriate?? Having FOUR lines for will call tickets is INSANE and downright UNCALLED FOR!` My boyfriend and I waited for 4 hours!! Yes FOUR horribly frustrating hours in will call line! In the real world and not Coachella your staff from the TOP down would be FIRED!!! We did not CHOOSE the will call option through ticketmaster. As usual, ticketmaster fuckers did not send our tickets in time for the event. In talking with several people in the will call line this mistake was common thread for will call liners! To those people who have made comments to the other thread on the message board as OUR FAULT----MY RESPONSE IS FUCK OFF! You were not the SMARTER ones! Do you actually think anyone one of us would actually endure a four hour line as an OPTION???? The international people were stuck with this option as well as

Second, the ineffective and unhelpful staff as event coordinators should be addressed. Ok why have staff that are helpful and are unaware of why things fell apart so bad. Several coordinators just didn’t even make eye contact or were even BLAMING the people in line as what caused the back up. They said it was because the people couldn’t figure out which line to go in for their tickets. I highly doubt a will call line would be that screwed up from this. Furthermore, blaming people who paid good money and MISSED FOUR HOURS OF THE EVENT IS SERIOUSLY FUCKED UP!

Finally, after FOUR hours of waiting in line in 100+ weather with occasional free water passed out to us while watching people pass us going into the show or the ID check booths closing as the wait went on, the most screwed up thing happened EVER!!! As we finally made up to the last cue before the ticket booth they decided to let everyone into the concert who just wanted to get in for Friday! They were informing those who were NOT in the last line before the ticket booth. So, we had to ask what was going on. After waiting FOUR hours this was just DECIDED!!! COME ON NOW----WHAT A POORLY RUN AND INEFFICENT STAFF GOLDENVOICE!!

My suggestions for future Coachella’s

1. More staff! Ok come on now!! If you are expecting 50-60k concertgoers----STAFF APPROPRIATELY!! Have more ticketbooths staffed with more people handing out tickets. OR for even a more faster and efficient way set up the ATM booths as ticket printer booths. This would be like the movie theater tickets or airline tickets. As long as we have the credit card we should be able to print tickets on our own!!!

2. MORE helpful staff! Have people capable of informing those of us in line of what is going on. If you are going to let people in without tickets then do it sooner than 4hours!

3. Have your own ticket agency! I think we all know how bad ticketmaster is and maybe now after have nearly 200k attend Coachella that you can have your own agency that prints the tickets.

4. Give us something!!! Waiting for four hours in line missing nearly half the bands we wanted to see and just getting away with it is CRIMINAL! You were selling tickets both Saturday and Sunday at the ticket booths. You could’ve given us that option of giving us either day as a comp!! Even on airlines you get this!! What we got was enduring four hours only to be told before getting our tickets for Friday was to just GO IN!

You have some serious problems Goldenvoice!! Bad press isn’t what you need after such a successful event. However, this was unacceptable and needs to be addressed and FIXED before the next event!

Benis23
05-04-2007, 07:57 PM

sat/sunday were cake

i like how pf takes an egregious mistake by the people organizing the festival and tries to blame it on the innocent customers who clearly deserved better. wonderful customer service.

krunchy
05-05-2007, 09:08 AM
i like how pf takes an egregious mistake by the people organizing the festival and tries to blame it on the innocent customers who clearly deserved better. wonderful customer service.

I am so fucking angry.
I think I might be one of the only ones that managed to wait in line for 6 hours. Goldenvoice is a pack of retards and ticketmaster is beyond belief. The response from PF is amazing. I think that all will call friday tickets should be refunded to the cardholder immediately. I was in the queue at 1.30pm. I got my tickets at 7.30. Got into the festival at about 8.15. Didn't really miss much, you know, other than most of the day.
It seems like it has already been said, but people are being too fucking polite. I am never coming back to coachella. It is organised by retards. You have one water fountain and the most retarded bathroom placements ever. The set times were fucking ridiculous and made many people miss a lot of great bands.
The will call was a very bad start to a shaky festival, and you should be lucky that most of your patrons havent been to the other side of the world and seen what a real festival is.
Here is some advice GV. Send someone to Roskilde festival this year. Copy them word for word. Coachella is run by five year olds.
Sound was good though...

I know you guys are pricks and would never refund my ticket, but I am definitely going to do my best to let anyone know that if coachella doesn't have an amazing line up it isn't even nearly worth bothering. You got lucky with rage this year, but next year is going to be valley girls and those huntington beach morons. Book the red hot chili peppers again cause they loved it.
Anyway getting off the point, but you know the point, you saw it. You had to be blind not to see that line, and the stoic foreigners who put up with the stupid self entitled americans pushing in line. If there was a class action, I'd be in for sure.

tl;dr = Thanks for ruining friday, your festival is run by retards and the will call line was inexcusable. PF is a fuckwit who certainly didn't line up, and I hope she is locked into solitary confinement for a long period of time against her will.

captncrzy
05-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Wow, what a bunch of bullshit to blame it on the people in line rather than the disorganization. There's no reason why workers couldn't have been "cleaning up the line" as someone mentioned in a previous post. If 70% of the people in line were fuckups, there could have been someone out there directing the fuckups to get it together or get out of line-or moved the non-fuckups (someone that had all their shit together) into a line so they could get in. Airlines do it all the time-we (I work for an airline) station someone at the enterance to the ticket counter-if you have everything together, they direct you one way. If you don't, they direct you elsewhere. It's not that hard. I can see why some fuckups would delay a line-but six hours? Total bullshit.

SubBass49
05-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Didn't read the rest of this thread, but honestly...I've never had a problem with Will Call because I DON'T FUCKING USE IT. Why would you not just get your tickets in hand before the show??

snowgirl_69
05-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Didn't read the rest of this thread, but honestly...I've never had a problem with Will Call because I DON'T FUCKING USE IT. Why would you not just get your tickets in hand before the show??

Ok will say this again...international festival peeps had no choice...we could only get our tickets from will call!!!

parray
05-05-2007, 03:39 PM
I agree that the WillCall was a total mess, a mate and I joined the queue around 10 am, when the queue was at the carpark fence opposite the willcall booth's.
I didn't actually get to the window till about 1 pm, in the time we were there, we saw no security guards, or anyone directing the people to the correct queues, once you got to the railings it was a free for all. I was shocked it actually only took two or three minutes to get my tickets, so christ knows what the wait was.
To add to that, just before we were about to get served an (obviously) undercover policeman tried to buy tickets from us.
Considering we came from Scotland someone to sell us water would have been a life saver.

SubBass49
05-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Ok will say this again...international festival peeps had no choice...we could only get our tickets from will call!!!

Thanks for adding that info. If that's the case then GV needs to try to work out some sort of international shipping deal. Maybe through Ducat King. Everyone ought to have the option of having their tix shipped to them...

gaypalmsprings
05-06-2007, 09:06 AM
will call makes a crime

Balthazar B
05-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Yes, the three hours doing fuck all in the sun was awesome...

thanks.

C DUB YA
05-06-2007, 10:24 PM
it has NOTHING on glastonbury yet.
Absolutely Nothing.

esp in the mud/weather department -

having been to both multiple times - Coachella is a better festival all around, and no I didn't do will call, thankfully.

There was no excuse for it, complete screw up by GV and crew - and it doesn't matter if its day one or day 13 - no excuse, just fix for the poor folks next time.

krunchy
05-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Where the fuck is my apology. I am still very angry and I'm starting to think I should try very hard to somehow fuck coachella over next year. Let's see how this turns out...

psychic friend
05-10-2007, 07:14 PM
im curious what everyone's individual experience at the window was. (im sure some of you waited forever but your turn at the window was 3 minutes, everyone is talking about the wait). sometimes people in front of you have issues that take a long time making the wait longer. this whole issue IS a priority and yes everyone involved wants to fix it. none of this was on purpose. there are tm issues that need to be dealt with. we have all tossed out ideas on how to try and fix things based on what we have to work with. Ill for sure keep you guys posted. :)

back4more
05-10-2007, 10:00 PM
im curious what everyone's individual experience at the window was. (im sure some of you waited forever but your turn at the window was 3 minutes, everyone is talking about the wait). sometimes people in front of you have issues that take a long time making the wait longer. this whole issue IS a priority and yes everyone involved wants to fix it. none of this was on purpose. there are tm issues that need to be dealt with. we have all tossed out ideas on how to try and fix things based on what we have to work with. Ill for sure keep you guys posted. :)

Ok, let me share my experience at the window with you. After waiting in line for more than three hours I was then told to move across to the media pass queue as my ticket was waiting there in the A-K surname pile. Then when I got there they said they didn't have my ticket and pointed me back to the last window, which they said was dealing with missing tickets. So I then produced my credit card and ID at that window after waiting in line for another 20 minutes, only to be told that the only ticket purchased on my Visa card was a camping ticket (fuck knows why, as I bought my three day pass with my Visa as well). I was then basically told that because they had no record of my purchase, so tough shit. As you can imagine, at that point I felt like exploding, especially having come all the way from Australia. It was just as well that I had a receipt of my purchase in my car, which I had to go and grab and take it back to the same window. After another 20 minute wait, during which time I saw three people faint (and felt a bit dizzy myself, as this ordeal was approaching four hours at that point), the guy comes back and tells me the ticket was in the A-G pile all along and they just didn't look hard enough.

God knows what would've happened or how many more hours I would have been arguing the toss to get my tickets if I hadn't had that bit of paper. Totally shambolic, and to blame the punters for not having their IDs ready is a disgrace, a total slap in the face and absolute bullshit, for everyone that was queueing around me had their ID already out well in time. No-one wanted to prolong that dreadful experience any more than necessary.

I bet those Ticketmaster bastards didn't refund all the charges they hit the US punters with that didn't get their tickets in time either. Everyone who endured that experience is due an apology from those responsible, rather than shirking the blame and shifting it onto us. Disgraceful.

Having said all that, I'll still be back next year. Please sort it out though ay, for fuck's sake.

One idea that would certainly ease some of the congestion would be to open the will call office the day before the festival starts, when the campsite opens, so that at least everyone that is camping (which is the bulk of the will-call international punters) can pick up their tickets without having to miss half of the first day's music.

psychic friend
05-10-2007, 10:03 PM
haha, thanks ya we are trying to sort it out. thanks for the details its helpful.

Zipkoppie
05-10-2007, 10:48 PM
What a fuck up, someone needs to be fired, because its completely unacceptable.

crazzz2007
05-11-2007, 12:57 AM
haha, thanks ya we are trying to sort it out. thanks for the details its helpful.

haha?? what are you laughing at?

Tomasz
05-11-2007, 03:40 AM
We got there at 9:15 (45 minutes before it officially opened) and "only" had to wait an hour and a half. When we got to the front of the queue things were easy for us, but a lot of people were already having problems before us and the queue was mounting. Rumour in the queue was that ticketmaster had fucked up and cancelled a lot of tickets incorrectly. Many people in front of us in the queue were taking a long while to get sorted. There were only two windows open to pickup tickets which was stupid. The real insult is that we were paying for the privelage of picking up our tickets, bastards.

Let us international folk get sent or print out or tickets in future, job's a good 'un.

SubBass49
05-11-2007, 04:42 AM

I get the vibe she's trying to keep shit light-hearted. So how bout you shut the fuck up and lay off? She's trying to actually do something to help these people, even though the fucked up situation wasn't her fault. I say she deserves some thanks rather than scorn. But then again, maybe that's just me.

SubBass49
05-11-2007, 04:45 AM
We got there at 9:15 (45 minutes before it officially opened) and "only" had to wait an hour and a half. When we got to the front of the queue things were easy for us, but a lot of people were already having problems before us and the queue was mounting. Rumour in the queue was that ticketmaster had fucked up and cancelled a lot of tickets incorrectly. Many people in front of us in the queue were taking a long while to get sorted. There were only two windows open to pickup tickets which was stupid. The real insult is that we were paying for the privelage of picking up our tickets, bastards.

Let us international folk get sent or print out or tickets in future, job's a good 'un.

SO far from what's been said by the last two people that gave their full story, it was Ticketmaster's fault that will call was as screwed as it was. I've gotta give props to PF for trying to figure it out and keep Coachella fan-oriented, but I also think some people oughtta apologize for taking Goldenvoice to task over the whole thing...they don't have very many options for ticket distribution that will reach the range of Ticketmaster...they're somewhat of a necessary evil.

PlayaDelWes
05-11-2007, 07:25 AM

My story has been told several times, but here it goes again.

Got to end of WillCall line
Was told it would take hours
The five of us paid $30 to people with extras so we didn't have to stand in line
Went inside the venue and enjoyed ourselves
Was told WillCall closes at 9pm
Left venue in middle of JATMC set to go to Will Call line to get Sat & Sun tix
Was 2nd in Line
Waited 10-12 minutes for person in front of me. During that time, there was nobody at the Will Call window. Whatever was going on in back of the trailer was taking forwever. Will Call Teller returned with tix for the person and the transaction was over
I get to front of 'line'.
I hand Will Call Teller 1) My ID, 2) My CCard, and 3) My Confirmation
Over the next 10 - 15 minutes she goes back and forth between the front trailer and the back trailer periodically stopping for Red Vines and offering me a couple through the window. Every once in a while she offered me a solo finger (no not that one) to indicate it'd be 'just another minute'.
10-15 minutes later she hands me my tix, I sign for them and use one of them to go back in the venue
I missed part of some great sets because of this and we paid $150 to bypass the line

My only experience with the Window was the person in front of me and me and it seemed like the two of us were very organized. I'm not sure why the transaction times took so long.

HELP!!!

How do you suggest we proceed?

psychic friend
05-11-2007, 07:28 AM
i know at some point the computers were down and everyone was frantic trying to fix things. only the back trailer one worked to be able to look up orders.

keep the details coming, this is all helpful info.

PlayaDelWes
05-11-2007, 07:47 AM
My biggest piece of advice is to do whatever it takes to avoid sending people to the Will Call line the day of the show. This may seem very obvious, and it may have been obvious to the organizers, but nothing was done this year to defer people to use other options.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6676

Based on this post from PF, it’s clear that leading up to the show the organizers knew that Will Call was going to be a big problem. Her post was certainly proactive and helped me because I called TM and got it taken care of, but unfortunately the size of the audience who received PF’s message was not big enough to make a difference.

Knowing Will Call was going to be a disaster, the organizers (all of them) should have (and should for future years) at least tried to do the following:

Significantly raised Will Call staff numbers
Opened Will Call earlier that day
Had electronic Will Call machines
Opened Will Call the prior day
(Re)Mailed or Emailed the tickets ahead of time
“Worked the Line” to prepare patrons as they lead up to the window
Had security at front of line to keep people from cutting
Allowed us to pick up Tix at alternative locations

A little planning would have been helpful and will be very helpful for next year and beyond.

krunchy
05-11-2007, 11:35 PM
Good to see you're back in this thread PF. Maybe you have absolutely nothing to do with the issues that we had. We all got completely fucked over and we travelled from all corners of the world to be fucked out of a third of the festival. Please, for the love of god, you are the closest thing to a GV rep we have on here. Swallow your fucking pride and APOLOGISE!

This is really pissing me off. The first thing that should have come from this is one big fat massive apology. Compensation would have been nice, but you (GV) really doesn't seem to give a shit.

northernmum
05-12-2007, 04:53 AM
Does PF or anyone posting here know why TM won't send e-tickets to overseas buyers? Even if they don't want to use regular mail surely it would be possible to send electronically and save the massive chaos picking up from Will Call?
TM in the UK has started offering e-tickets as an option so why not the US site?
Maybe if we ALL e-mail TM they might take some notice?
Or maybe not..................

snowgirl_69
05-12-2007, 05:16 AM
i know at some point the computers were down and everyone was frantic trying to fix things. only the back trailer one worked to be able to look up orders.

keep the details coming, this is all helpful info.

Maybe I have missed it but I have not actually seen an apology from you yet PF, have seen you try and make light of a situation which should be taken seriously but no apology.....

snowgirl_69
05-12-2007, 05:19 AM
I get the vibe she's trying to keep shit light-hearted. So how bout you shut the fuck up and lay off? She's trying to actually do something to help these people, even though the fucked up situation wasn't her fault. I say she deserves some thanks rather than scorn. But then again, maybe that's just me.

were YOU in the will call line?? If not YOU lay off dude...

SubBass49
05-12-2007, 09:41 AM
Good to see you're back in this thread PF. Maybe you have absolutely nothing to do with the issues that we had. We all got completely fucked over and we travelled from all corners of the world to be fucked out of a third of the festival. Please, for the love of god, you are the closest thing to a GV rep we have on here. Swallow your fucking pride and APOLOGISE!

This is really pissing me off. The first thing that should have come from this is one big fat massive apology. Compensation would have been nice, but you (GV) really doesn't seem to give a shit.

Once again, asking GV for an apology over TICKETMASTER policies is kind of like asking one of the WhiteHouse janitors for an apology for the Iraq war. Yeah they're part of the same organism, but one had the power to fix things and one didn't. Get it yet?

Does PF or anyone posting here know why TM won't send e-tickets to overseas buyers? Even if they don't want to use regular mail surely it would be possible to send electronically and save the massive chaos picking up from Will Call?
TM in the UK has started offering e-tickets as an option so why not the US site?
Maybe if we ALL e-mail TM they might take some notice?
Or maybe not..................

WONDERFUL ideas...someone with actualy CONSTRUCTIVE input rather than blame. I think this idea is excellent! Mass e-mail campaigns have had effect in political debate & policy...might as well try it here. Anyone know how to set up an online petition site?

Maybe I have missed it but I have not actually seen an apology from you yet PF, have seen you try and make light of a situation which should be taken seriously but no apology.....

PF doesn't seem to be making light of anything. So far she appears to be trying to gather information on what happened and how the people were effected by it. Also, I'll refer to my WhiteHouse janitor analogy.

were YOU in the will call line?? If not YOU lay off dude...

I'm also pretty sure that Crazzz2007 wasn't either...he just hopped into the thread to talk shit to PF. What I'm saying is that the people that are talking shit, asking for a refund from GV, and saying that the festival suked because of will call are being COUNTER-productive right now. What is done is done. The best thing you can do at this point rather than lay blame at the feet of those who don't deserve it, is to WORK WITH Psychic Friend to help alleviate these issues for next year. Make sense, DUDE?

(ps - I know you're not a dude...that was for dramatic effect :) )

psychic friend
05-12-2007, 11:10 AM
the size of the audience who received PF’s message was not big enough to make a difference.

not that it matters but TM sent out an email with the same message around the same time

please continue to post experiences when you got to the window, again it's all helpful. thanks.

PlayaDelWes
05-12-2007, 12:38 PM
not that it matters but TM sent out an email with the same message around the same time

You are right, I got that email too. I guess everyone knew it was going to be a nightmare in the weeks leading up to it.

PF, we'd be very happy to hear what comes out of this. Thanks for following up.

back4more
05-12-2007, 06:21 PM

Yeah, I was thinking that too but thought I'd just let it go. Says a lot about their attitude towards the whole thing.

I'm sure they wouldn't be so glib if they had to stand around for four hours in the baking fucking heat with no water. Not much hilarity to be found in that.

back4more
05-12-2007, 06:24 PM

Thanks for what exactly? What has she done to help anybody? Fuck all, that's what. Not even as much as an apology.

You wouldn't be so quick to tell people to shut the fuck up if you had to endure what many of us did.

SubBass49
05-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks for what exactly? What has she done to help anybody? Fuck all, that's what. Not even as much as an apology.

You wouldn't be so quick to tell people to shut the fuck up if you had to endure what many of us did.

You're kind of missing the point.

1. The issues were TICKETMASTER issues...

2. Psychic Friend works for GOLDENVOICE...

3. GOLDENVOICE and TICKETMASTER are TWO DIFFERENT COMPANIES.

4. Expecting an apology from Psychic Friend is retarded. You might as well expect an apology from the mayor of Indio, The owner of Empire Polo Grounds, and the churro vendors, because they had about the same amount of influence over will call that Psychic Friend did.

5. You should be thankful that someone from GV even CARES. Psychic Friend could have avoided the thread altogether...instead she's actually trying to help. Most companies would say, "that's not our problem, call Ticketmaster" and be done with it.

ooo000()()()GET IT YET???()()()000ooo

luckyface
05-12-2007, 09:07 PM

4. Expecting an apology from Psychic Friend is retarded. You might as well expect an apology from the mayor of Indio, The owner of Empire Polo Grounds, and the churro vendors, because they had about the same amount of influence over will call that Psychic Friend did.

5. You should be thankful that someone from GV even CARES. Psychic Friend could have avoided the thread altogether...instead she's actually trying to help. Most companies would say, "that's not our problem, call Ticketmaster" and be done with it.

Not to throw fuel on the fire, but if this was solely a Ticketmaster problem, what good would come from telling these stories to PF? I don't think this is necessarily a TM only problem.

psychic friend
05-12-2007, 09:14 PM
if people want an apology from me personally i dont get it because i didnt have anything to do with it but totally ya, I am sorry people had to wait and i would be pissed too. i am only trying to gather info so i can be vocal at work about what I have read. I already know the line was long. I am trying to hear about peoples experiences at the window itself and have read 2 or 3 so far which are all helpful to me. and i know someone will quote this and go off and be mean but i wont take it personal. i will stop posting here. sorry i intruded on the rants.

SubBass49
05-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Not to throw fuel on the fire, but if this was solely a Ticketmaster problem, what good would come from telling these stories to PF? I don't think this is necessarily a TM only problem.

Had I seen this before PF did I would have said just about what she did. Ticketmaster makes a bankload off this event every year, and if someone from GV brings up the issues that occurred and threatens to take their business elsewhere if changes are not made, then changes are likely to occur.

if people want an apology from me personally i dont get it because i didnt have anything to do with it but totally ya, I am sorry people had to wait and i would be pissed too. i am only trying to gather info so i can be vocal at work about what I have read. I already know the line was long. I am trying to hear about peoples experiences at the window itself and have read 2 or 3 so far which are all helpful to me. and i know someone will quote this and go off and be mean but i wont take it personal. i will stop posting here. sorry i intruded on the rants.

Don't worry PF...I think the ones that understood what you're trying to do actually VALUE what you're doing. The others are just ungrateful or still sore from what happened. Don't disappear, because there ARE good people that were wronged in the whole will call thing...and this really should be fixed before next year's event.

Some of the best fixes for the problem include:

-Getting Ticketbastard to do e-tickets for overseas customers.

-Having an off-site alternate pickup location somewhere around Indio in the days leading up to the event.

-having a pickup booth at the on-site camping (maybe at check-in) to alleviate the crowd on the day of the show.

psychic friend
05-12-2007, 10:01 PM
every country has its own system for verifying credit card purchases. when buying through ticketmaster.com (the usa site) it uses the usa system. there is a lot of fraud with out of country purchases so that is an issue. I cant go into details and i dont even understand them all, but know gv is trying to collectively come up with a solution for out of country purchasers.

i feel like saying this is wasted breath since it will get bashed to threads.

there are a lot of issues that people dont know about that affect things.

and it's absurd to me that anyone would think gv isnt trying because someone had a long wait. a long wait sucks and everyone working takes it personal, even TM staff.

this is all just my personal observation, opinion and experience working with ticketing in general. I am not speaking for gv, i am just a poster on this board who happens to work there. I am allowed to post as an actual fan, an actual person with real feelings. I realize people will be mean to me because they need to vent but it does wear on one's psyche so if i stop posting here in this thread you will know why. but i will continue to read and take notes and try to impact improvements weather you appreciate my efforts or not.

PlayaDelWes
05-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Thanks PF for the interest. We do realize your voice can be an important one for not just the people who missed so many acts on Friday of this year, but for everyone who purchases tix next year. The solutions are obvious. Many of the people on this board, including myself have no power in this matter. With the right positioning and anicdotal evidence, we do believe you can help out. An apology from you isn't a solution or doesn't gain us anything, so don't worry about it too much. We would be very interested however, in hearing from you on any progress, retorbution, and changes planned going forward.

Thanks.

krunchy
05-13-2007, 04:32 AM
Ticketmaster had a bunch of envelopes with tickets in them, and 4 booths in which to collect them.
6.5hrs would have been enough time to divide some of the tickets, make new signs for the new alphabetical order and open up new booths.
If you really wanna know my experience at the will call line, i got my tickets and i left. It took about 2mins for her to look through the pile of envelopes.

I don't really know what is going to be achieved from asking people of their experience. Their experience was that there were not enough booths open and the workers were tards. This is definitely not a hard one.

PF you are not a victim here. I would however like it if someone who gave a shit/actually mattered would apologise for this. Your apology was feeble and without any kind of sincerity whatsoever. The fact that you hold very little responsibility would account for that, but if you hold no responsibility, where is the guy that does? I get the feeling the strategy to deal with the consumer anger is just to pretend it didn't really happen and if all else fails just pass the whole buck to TM. TM sucks. We know this. GV hired/outsourced them. GV also runs the festival. GV didn't open up extra booths. It's not rocket science.

And sub bass - get the fuck out of this thread - you don't know what you're talking about and for some reason just want to make a large company with very little regard towards its customers look good after fucking us over. Go away.

Dode BCK
05-13-2007, 05:03 AM
Yeh,thanks PF.Your interests appreciated.Many hundreds of people are behind the scenes,working for both GV and TM.It`s a bit unfair blaming you for the willcall mess.
My experience at the window,took about 10-15 minutes to get my tickets.Had my order no.,credit card and passport at the ready,but still took ages.2 of my friends,who got to the window before me,were first told they`d only bought camping tickets.Then they were told the credit card used was not accepted by TM.My mate,being a normally easy going type,went nuts.He was eventually handed his tickets,after he said his friend was going to go and get a police officer,to sort it out.
The line I was in,surname N-S,had about 10 people in it,after security started barriering off the lines,til they were empty,then letting more in.
We were next in line for the window,and a couple from brazil behind us.
They then went and moved letters N-S to the line on our left,which was empty,and started letting people in from the main line.We were now in T-Z or somethin.My brother grabbed a security guy,who at first told us to go back and into the new N-S line,which was now 30 people long.We said `fuck that,we were next,along with the brazilian couple.You moved the letters.`
The guy,agreed,held back the line and let us go next.
3 people working at the windows,was a bit of a joke as well.

bumper31
05-13-2007, 07:27 AM

Are you trolling?

Everyone appreciates PFs prescence here......but her opening gambit of...and I paraphrase...."If only people had the correct docs, ID and CC, it would have been quicker"...was not cool.....

The mistakes made by GV and the company they charged with managing the tickets, TM are clear to everyone who waited and have been documented earlier.....for me it was inconceivable that there were only 4 windows open!!!!

I will add that human nature didn't help, the amount of people I saw pushing in made me angry too and made genuine queuers have to queue much longer.....but do you really blame them, eg push in and wait 3 hours or to the back of the queue and wait 6???? In hindsight, I wish we pushed in and we ONLY waited 3hrs.

Our at experience at the window? Excellent, a couple of minutes, but we did see a number of people being passed to multiple windows and 2 was asked to wait as we got served, so it wasn't rosy for everyone.

Lets hope something constructive does come out of this......and those people that missed most of the day get some kind of compensation or apology....I'm not asking for that because apart from the 3 hours on me feet in the sun I think I got off lighlty and didn't really miss any bands. I'm just asking that it doesn't happen again.

SubBass49
05-13-2007, 09:56 AM
PF you are not a victim here. I would however like it if someone who gave a shit/actually mattered would apologise for this. Your apology was feeble and without any kind of sincerity whatsoever. The fact that you hold very little responsibility would account for that, but if you hold no responsibility, where is the guy that does? I get the feeling the strategy to deal with the consumer anger is just to pretend it didn't really happen and if all else fails just pass the whole buck to TM. TM sucks. We know this. GV hired/outsourced them. GV also runs the festival. GV didn't open up extra booths. It's not rocket science.

And sub bass - get the fuck out of this thread - you don't know what you're talking about and for some reason just want to make a large company with very little regard towards its customers look good after fucking us over. Go away.

In regards to paragraph 1: Are you kidding? I can understand you wanting an apology from the people responsible, but PF wasn't one of them, nor could she have stopped the problems while they were occurring. Also, in case you haven't noticed, she is actually trying to help, so to go off on her is pretty counter-productive. Im fact you're being an asshole. Goldenvoice didn't run the booths (unless of course Ticketmaster is lying on it's own website...see image below)
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5049/81806659nb0.jpg
According to that, the VENUE is responsible for will call rules & regulations. The VENUE is Empire Polo Fields. Feel free to call them and find out who was responsible.
Here's their phone number: 1-760-342-2762

As for paragraph 2: I don't know what I'm talking about? Are you mentally diminshed in some way? I'm trying to help all parties involved...both Psychic Friend (who has been more than helpful the entire time on this message board) and the people who were wronged (by suggesting alternatives and trying to keep the discussion civil and constructive). So instead of placing blame and going off on me, why don't you do something to help the situation? Other people are starting to figure it out...why is it so hard for you?

Oh, and I resent the assertion that GV doesn't care about the fans. They LOST MONEY in 99 and yet they strove to keep Coachella going after a short hiatus. They also could have gone massively corporate and had advertising banners on every square foot of fencing, but they refuse to. You have any idea how much money they could make if they chose to sell ad space inside the venue??? But they don't. And do you appreciate any of that? Obviously not. Maybe next year they should have the AT&T Main Stage, the Ford Side Stage, the Aquafina Mojave Tent, the Mountain Dew Gobi, and the Capitol Records Sahara tent...then maybe you'd appreciate how it used to be. Dont care about the fans...ha...have you ever been to other festivals in the states with corporate banners adorning the stages? Guess not.

Are you trolling?

Everyone appreciates PFs prescence here......but her opening gambit of...and I paraphrase...."If only people had the correct docs, ID and CC, it would have been quicker"...was not cool.....

The mistakes made by GV and the company they charged with managing the tickets, TM are clear to everyone who waited and have been documented earlier.....for me it was inconceivable that there were only 4 windows open!!!!

I will add that human nature didn't help, the amount of people I saw pushing in made me angry too and made genuine queuers have to queue much longer.....but do you really blame them, eg push in and wait 3 hours or to the back of the queue and wait 6???? In hindsight, I wish we pushed in and we ONLY waited 3hrs.

Our at experience at the window? Excellent, a couple of minutes, but we did see a number of people being passed to multiple windows and 2 was asked to wait as we got served, so it wasn't rosy for everyone.

Lets hope something constructive does come out of this......and those people that missed most of the day get some kind of compensation or apology....I'm not asking for that because apart from the 3 hours on me feet in the sun I think I got off lighlty and didn't really miss any bands. I'm just asking that it doesn't happen again.

No, I'm not trolling...I'm trying to make sure this thread doesn't devolve into a mess of people talking shit to PF about stuff that wasn't her fault. Her "opening gambit" about proper docs was right on point...it's true what she said. Now, that wasn't the only problem, but it did contribute to the slowdown according to more than one person. So why does it hurt people so much to hear it said? She didn't say YOU didn't have your docs, but there were people that didn't, and that slowed everything down. To pretend that it didn't is ridiculous.

As for the idea that GV was to blame for only having 4 windows open, you must not have read the Ticketmaster site info on Will Call yet...I posted it earlier in this post.

Anyway, not sure why people are at my throat over this...or PF's for that matter. She's trying to help for next year, as am I...but placing blame where blame shouldn't be placed solves nothing people. You want to change things? Put pressure on Ticketmaster and Empire Polo Fields. They are the two parties responsible. Ticketmaster because of their international ticket sales policy, and EPF because they were charged with running will call by Ticketmaster (according to the Ticketmaster web site).

Peace.

snowgirl_69
05-13-2007, 10:31 AM
PF is not the victim here...don't really appreciate all the 'I will stop posting here' crap from her....

SubBass49
05-13-2007, 10:33 AM
PF is not the victim here...don't really appreciate all the 'I will stop posting here' crap from her....

Just guessing, but I think her point is that if ya'll want her to go away she will...she's not trying to be a victim.

bumper31
05-13-2007, 11:55 AM
In regards to paragraph 1: Are you kidding? I can understand you wanting an apology from the people responsible, but PF wasn't one of them, nor could she have stopped the problems while they were occurring. Also, in case you haven't noticed, she is actually trying to help, so to go off on her is pretty counter-productive. Im fact you're being an asshole. Goldenvoice didn't run the booths (unless of course Ticketmaster is lying on it's own website...see image below)
According to that, the VENUE is responsible for will call rules & regulations. The VENUE is Empire Polo Fields. Feel free to call them and find out who was responsible.

As for paragraph 2: I don't know what I'm talking about? Are you mentally diminshed in some way? I'm trying to help all parties involved...both Psychic Friend (who has been more than helpful the entire time on this message board) and the people who were wronged (by suggesting alternatives and trying to keep the discussion civil and constructive). So instead of placing blame and going off on me, why don't you do something to help the situation? Other people are starting to figure it out...why is it so hard for you?

Oh, and I resent the assertion that GV doesn't care about the fans. They LOST MONEY in 99 and yet they strove to keep Coachella going after a short hiatus. They also could have gone massively corporate and had advertising banners on every square foot of fencing, but they refuse to. You have any idea how much money they could make if they chose to sell ad space inside the venue??? But they don't. And do you appreciate any of that? Obviously not. Maybe next year they should have the AT&T Main Stage, the Ford Side Stage, the Aquafina Mojave Tent, the Mountain Dew Gobi, and the Capitol Records Sahara tent...then maybe you'd appreciate how it used to be. Dont care about the fans...ha...have you ever been to other festivals in the states with corporate banners adorning the stages? Guess not.

No, I'm not trolling...I'm trying to make sure this thread doesn't devolve into a mess of people talking shit to PF about stuff that wasn't her fault. Her "opening gambit" about proper docs was right on point...it's true what she said. Now, that wasn't the only problem, but it did contribute to the slowdown according to more than one person. So why does it hurt people so much to hear it said? She didn't say YOU didn't have your docs, but there were people that didn't, and that slowed everything down. To pretend that it didn't is ridiculous.

As for the idea that GV was to blame for only having 4 windows open, you must not have read the Ticketmaster site info on Will Call yet...I posted it earlier in this post.

Anyway, not sure why people are at my throat over this...or PF's for that matter. She's trying to help for next year, as am I...but placing blame where blame shouldn't be placed solves nothing people. You want to change things? Put pressure on Ticketmaster and Empire Polo Fields. They are the two parties responsible. Ticketmaster because of their international ticket sales policy, and EPF because they were charged with running will call by Ticketmaster (according to the Ticketmaster web site).

Peace.

This is all very commendable but the facts are:

TM is GVs agent
A lot of people spent a lot of time queueing up in 100Deg heat with no shade and in some cases no water.
A lot of people who paid a lot of money missed acts they had paid to see, through no fault of their own.....that includes all of the people who had correct docs, ID and CC etc.
It was mainly International People and people who had a TM email about getting their ticks from Will Call who.....to put it nicely got shafted.
There were only 4 windows open
Security was AWOL

And unless you experienced it, I would guess you are really defending the indefensible.

I agree we shouldn't round on PF, it wasn't her fault and she doesn't need to apologise, but PF is an agent of GV who commissioned TM to sell the tickets, so unfortunately she is the only target at the mo, no matter how genuine her reasons for posting.

A lot of animosity was caused by PF herself for her misjudgement and use of words as to why there were queues.

Whilst I agree you should defend PF, and we should lay off her, I'm starting to get a little pissed with you banging on about who was at fault and whether there is/was an issue here.....apart from reading TMs T&Cs I don't supposed your privvy to the board room of either GV or TM, so you'll forgive me if I don't take your word for it that its some other big bad, and that makes it all OK.

You forget that GV is not a charity and in the capital country of capitalism there is only one reason for GV to put on Coachella and use TM, and it certainly wasn't for our, the PAYING public's benefit, firstmost and foremost.

Of course GV have to put on a good show, and make it pleasureable otherwise we won't go or come back, but they are only doing it for one reason.

Now GV are obviously going to take these issues into account for next year....cool.....but that doesn't help people who were queueing for 6 - 7 hrs in painful circumstances, and missed most of friday......what are GV going to do for them?

I don't believe you'll find this situation listed in any T&Cs

Sorry for the long post, but I think you can guess by now that your are not helping anyone with your posts

psychic friend
05-13-2007, 12:15 PM
http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/270911970_db35fdd4ca.jpg

SubBass49
05-13-2007, 12:35 PM
This is all very commendable but the facts are:

TM is GVs agent
A lot of people spent a lot of time queueing up in 100Deg heat with no shade and in some cases no water.
A lot of people who paid a lot of money missed acts they had paid to see, through no fault of their own.....that includes all of the people who had correct docs, ID and CC etc.
It was mainly International People and people who had a TM email about getting their ticks from Will Call who.....to put it nicely got shafted.
There were only 4 windows open
Security was AWOL

And unless you experienced it, I would guess you are really defending the indefensible.

I agree we shouldn't round on PF, it wasn't her fault and she doesn't need to apologise, but PF is an agent of GV who commissioned TM to sell the tickets, so unfortunately she is the only target at the mo, no matter how genuine her reasons for posting.

A lot of animosity was caused by PF herself for her misjudgement and use of words as to why there were queues.

Whilst I agree you should defend PF, and we should lay off her, I'm starting to get a little pissed with you banging on about who was at fault and whether there is/was an issue here.....apart from reading TMs T&Cs I don't supposed your privvy to the board room of either GV or TM, so you'll forgive me if I don't take your word for it that its some other big bad, and that makes it all OK.

You forget that GV is not a charity and in the capital country of capitalism there is only one reason for GV to put on Coachella and use TM, and it certainly wasn't for our, the PAYING public's benefit, firstmost and foremost.

Of course GV have to put on a good show, and make it pleasureable otherwise we won't go or come back, but they are only doing it for one reason.

Now GV are obviously going to take these issues into account for next year....cool.....but that doesn't help people who were queueing for 6 - 7 hrs in painful circumstances, and missed most of friday......what are GV going to do for them?

I don't believe you'll find this situation listed in any T&Cs

Sorry for the long post, but I think you can guess by now that your are not helping anyone with your posts

1. I'm not defending what happened. I would be pissed off too, but I would also want to channel my anger into making a change for the next year rather than just ranting at people who did nothing wrong. I would be looking for the most effective way to get my voice heard. That would not consist of yelling at Psychic Friend, who in fact warned people of the impending issues ahead of time and trie dto help in every way possible.

2. WHY should Psychic Friend be a target of anyone's animosity? That's the same logic as yelling at a soldier for what the generals are doing.

3. Psychic Friend suggested that the long queues were made worse by people with no ID or who didn't pay attention to the directions given to them...this was true. She never suggested it was the sole reason for the problems.

4. The reason I posted Ticketmaster's T&Cs was so people could see that Ticketmaster puts all will call responsibilities in the hands of the venue operating the event. The venue in this case is Empire Polo Fields. Therefore anger directed at Goldenvoice is misguided. Anger directed at PF is ridiculous. I posted the phone number so you folks could call them and ask for answers from the people directly responsible.

5. You assert that Goldenvoice uses Ticketmaster to make more money, but the coin is two-sided. In America, the best ticket-availability is provided by using Ticketmaster...especially for large events such as Coachella. If they had gone with a smaller company, there is the likelihood that people would have a difficultly purchasing tickets, and then there'd be threads with people yelling at Goldenvoice for that. Yes, Ticketbastard is EVIL as all hell...I feel that way honestly, but they are a necessary evil for events such as Coachella until there is a viable alternative. At the current time there is not one. If Goldenvoice were to create their own ticket distribution company, most likely the overhead costs and the licensing costs to get into various retail outlets would bump ticket prices sky-high, and then ya'll would be complaining about that as well. By using Ticketmasetr, GV did what they had to do to bring tickets to people around the world at a cost that was still affordable. Bottom line.

6. As far as what should be done for the people that suffered in the lines for hours on end, I'm not really sure. Perhaps some sort of promo code for them to get pre-sale tix for next year? They would of course have to have some sort of verification method though to make it legit. Perhaps a discounted ticket price for next year with a limit based on how many tix you purchased THIS year? Be creative people...make suggestions...there's always that off-chance that Psychic Friend will bring these ideas up with the people that make the decisions. I would say the more you all talk shit to her for things taht weren't her fault though, the less likely it is that she'd want to help.

GV is gonna make it's money no matter if this is solved or not...if you don't go next year, others will take your place. You might as well be constructive with your criticism. Turn this into more of a giant brainstorm session rather than a giant bitch-fest. At least right now as it stands you have someone willing to listen and try to help you.

bumper31
05-13-2007, 01:10 PM
1. I'm not defending what happened. I would be pissed off too, but I would also want to channel my anger into making a change for the next year rather than just ranting at people who did nothing wrong. I would be looking for the most effective way to get my voice heard. That would not consist of yelling at Psychic Friend, who in fact warned people of the impending issues ahead of time and trie dto help in every way possible.

2. WHY should Psychic Friend be a target of anyone's animosity? That's the same logic as yelling at a soldier for what the generals are doing.

3. Psychic Friend suggested that the long queues were made worse by people with no ID or who didn't pay attention to the directions given to them...this was true. She never suggested it was the sole reason for the problems.

4. The reason I posted Ticketmaster's T&Cs was so people could see that Ticketmaster puts all will call responsibilities in the hands of the venue operating the event. The venue in this case is Empire Polo Fields. Therefore anger directed at Goldenvoice is misguided. Anger directed at PF is ridiculous. I posted the phone number so you folks could call them and ask for answers from the people directly responsible.

5. You assert that Goldenvoice uses Ticketmaster to make more money, but the coin is two-sided. In America, the best ticket-availability is provided by using Ticketmaster...especially for large events such as Coachella. If they had gone with a smaller company, there is the likelihood that people would have a difficultly purchasing tickets, and then there'd be threads with people yelling at Goldenvoice for that. Yes, Ticketbastard is EVIL as all hell...I feel that way honestly, but they are a necessary evil for events such as Coachella until there is a viable alternative. At the current time there is not one. If Goldenvoice were to create their own ticket distribution company, most likely the overhead costs and the licensing costs to get into various retail outlets would bump ticket prices sky-high, and then ya'll would be complaining about that as well. By using Ticketmasetr, GV did what they had to do to bring tickets to people around the world at a cost that was still affordable. Bottom line.

6. As far as what should be done for the people that suffered in the lines for hours on end, I'm not really sure. Perhaps some sort of promo code for them to get pre-sale tix for next year? They would of course have to have some sort of verification method though to make it legit. Perhaps a discounted ticket price for next year with a limit based on how many tix you purchased THIS year? Be creative people...make suggestions...there's always that off-chance that Psychic Friend will bring these ideas up with the people that make the decisions. I would say the more you all talk shit to her for things taht weren't her fault though, the less likely it is that she'd want to help.

GV is gonna make it's money no matter if this is solved or not...if you don't go next year, others will take your place. You might as well be constructive with your criticism. Turn this into more of a giant brainstorm session rather than a giant bitch-fest. At least right now as it stands you have someone willing to listen and try to help you.

I can't beat this, it is way long..........

Your fingers must be aching....or have you got Dragon Easy Speak?

SubBass49
05-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Haha...nah...but typing is no big thing for me. Not meant to be beat, or as a challenge to you anyway...just stuff to think about...

ewiggy
05-13-2007, 02:23 PM
will call was a fucking mess, but i ain't mad atcha.

i did fear for my safety for about 50% of the time in line, though. i felt like there might be a riot based on how angry everyone was.

youforgotitinpeople
05-14-2007, 08:09 PM
I haven't read this entire thread so I may be retreading on some things that have already been mentioned but I feel the need the add my voice.

For one thing, the idea that this was a ticketmaster screw up and not a Goldenvoice screw up, so goldenvoice should be free of criticism is ridiculous. It says right on the tickets "Goldenvoice presents" that means if there's a problem with one of the food vendors, that's Goldenvoice's problem, if there's a problem with the security, that's Goldenvoice's problem, and if people have to wait in a will call line for a good part of the day, while missing bands they've already paid to see, that's definitely Goldenvoice's problem. As long as Goldenvoice is hosting the festival, they need to be prepared to be held accountable for each and every aspect of the festival.

For me, I endured a 30+ hour drive straight to California, slept overnight in a car, and my first impression of the festival was waiting in the will call line for four and a half hours, missing bands such as Tokyo Police Club that I had traveled all that way to see. Being that most of the people in line were international, I imagine that there were, literally, thousands of other similar stories, this should be an embarassment to the festival. I never made it up to the window because I was getting the tickets from a friend so I cannot comment on that part of the experience.

I don't think that Psychic Friend should bare the brunt of the criticism but a lot of people were, quite understandably, frustrated over the situation and need to direct that frustration toward someone. I don't think it would be too much to expect for someone who can be held accountable to make a statement, at the very least, on the festival's own message board if not on the official website itself. This would probably be more fair to Psychic Friend as well.

krunchy
05-15-2007, 06:45 PM

You have been rather statesman-like in your handling of your participation in this thread, and I don't want to reduce this to trolling and flaming, but are you retarded?
What fucking good is a pre-sale password going to do me? I LIVE IN FUCKING AUSTRALIA!
Boycotting this festival is not going to hurt the in the slightest. They aren't really expecting me to come back now are they? I came from the other side of the world to see a bunch of bands that I want to see and I got fucked out of a 1/3 of it. I admire your intentions of making this festival better for all, and trying to help those disadvantaged and all that, but you are an idiot.
The only thing that would make me happy is if at least half my friday ticket were refunded to my credit card, and an apology at least emailed, if not mailed and signed by hand by either TM or GV. People need to remember most of the people fucked over actually spent thousands to come from all corners of the world. What a warm American reception!

PF - the cat photo - you really don't give a shit do you. Please make sure it is clear that you are not a representative of GV in your signature. I am very tempted to call the company and tell them how you are mocking their scorned customers. I don't expect an apology from you. You actually sound like a teenager. It is sad. You are not here to help the ones who have been burnt by the will call line. You simply don't give a shit.

Please distance yourself from GV or I will see how they like knowing their representative is taking the piss out of the people who should be profusely apologised to. This is ridiculous.

SubBass49
05-15-2007, 07:06 PM
You have been rather statesman-like in your handling of your participation in this thread, and I don't want to reduce this to trolling and flaming, but are you retarded?
What fucking good is a pre-sale password going to do me? I LIVE IN FUCKING AUSTRALIA!
Boycotting this festival is not going to hurt the in the slightest. They aren't really expecting me to come back now are they? I came from the other side of the world to see a bunch of bands that I want to see and I got fucked out of a 1/3 of it. I admire your intentions of making this festival better for all, and trying to help those disadvantaged and all that, but you are an idiot.
The only thing that would make me happy is if at least half my friday ticket were refunded to my credit card, and an apology at least emailed, if not mailed and signed by hand by either TM or GV. People need to remember most of the people fucked over actually spent thousands to come from all corners of the world. What a warm American reception!

PF - the cat photo - you really don't give a shit do you. Please make sure it is clear that you are not a representative of GV in your signature. I am very tempted to call the company and tell them how you are mocking their scorned customers. I don't expect an apology from you. You actually sound like a teenager. It is sad. You are not here to help the ones who have been burnt by the will call line. You simply don't give a shit.

Please distance yourself from GV or I will see how they like knowing their representative is taking the piss out of the people who should be profusely apologised to. This is ridiculous.

Stop being so butt-hurt over this...you're yelling at the two people that actually give a fuck about what you went through. If you don't like the fact that we're trying to help, then go choke on a dick. You say PF is acting like a teenager, but you're the one calling me an idiot for offering up REALISTIC suggestions. And no, you didn't get screwed out of 1/3 of the festival...you got screwed out of 1/6 of the festival...if that. Stop being such a prick and maybe people will be more likely to help you.

Fuck you very much...I'm out

krunchy
05-15-2007, 07:57 PM
What are you trying to help, superhero? You're suggesting they offer presale passwords to all that have been inconvenienced. You just don't get it. We live on the other side of the world.
I'm sure you wouldn't be so fussed since it was a few hours in a car to get there, but for me it was months of saving, thousands of dollars and that was only to be given a 6.5hr wait to get in. It was a fucking joke, and all the speculation about what to do next year is redundant.

How bout this guyz....more booths!
Holy shit! Really? Would that speed things up? No, surely not. That is an impossible feat!

What the fuck are you talking about, you are offering the most retarded compensation I could possibly think of, and you are treating this like its rocket science where we all must peer review the issue.
This is very simple. There were many people. There were not many staff. This was a colossal fuckup. I, amongst others, got burned by it.
I, amongst others, want an apology. I, amongst others, am pretty fucking pissed off.
Which two people give a fuck about what we went through? PF? She honestly couldn't care less. You? Well, all you can do is say that its all in the past and lets look forward. You really aren't exactly much to appeal to. And your REALISTIC suggestions are retarded. Read other peoples posts before replying.

P.S. I got in at the start of JAMC and was completely fatigued for the rest of the day. I wonder why. You need to fuck right out of this thread. This thread should be for people that actually experienced the line. You didn't.

krunchy
05-15-2007, 07:57 PM
JUST GIVE ME A FUCKING APOLOGY ALREADY! IT ISN'T THAT FUCKING HARD!

SubBass49
05-15-2007, 08:18 PM
What are you trying to help, superhero? You're suggesting they offer presale passwords to all that have been inconvenienced. You just don't get it. We live on the other side of the world.
I'm sure you wouldn't be so fussed since it was a few hours in a car to get there, but for me it was months of saving, thousands of dollars and that was only to be given a 6.5hr wait to get in. It was a fucking joke, and all the speculation about what to do next year is redundant.

How bout this guyz....more booths!
Holy shit! Really? Would that speed things up? No, surely not. That is an impossible feat!

What the fuck are you talking about, you are offering the most retarded compensation I could possibly think of, and you are treating this like its rocket science where we all must peer review the issue.
This is very simple. There were many people. There were not many staff. This was a colossal fuckup. I, amongst others, got burned by it.
I, amongst others, want an apology. I, amongst others, am pretty fucking pissed off.
Which two people give a fuck about what we went through? PF? She honestly couldn't care less. You? Well, all you can do is say that its all in the past and lets look forward. You really aren't exactly much to appeal to. And your REALISTIC suggestions are retarded. Read other peoples posts before replying.

P.S. I got in at the start of JAMC and was completely fatigued for the rest of the day. I wonder why. You need to fuck right out of this thread. This thread should be for people that actually experienced the line. You didn't.

Did you bother to read a damn thing I wrote?

Did you bother to read Ticketmaster's policy in regards to Will Call?

If you answer "no" to either of those questions, then shut the fuck up already.

If you answer "yes" then what the fuck is wrong with you?

You want more booths? Talk to EMPIRE POLO FIELD...Ticketmaster states that they leave all will-call responsibility with the VENUE...here in America that means the place that physically holds the concert. Why the fuck would you yell at PF or GV about that, or expect an apology? They had nothing to do with that choice!

I (unlike you it seems) HAVE read other people's posts, and they all had a misguided idea of who was responsible for the breakdown in will-call staffing. Now you're next in that chain...I wish you would go back and read this because it's all been explained before. My realistic suggestions are realistic because you waited 6.5 hours to get into a festival that consisted of 36 total hours of festival time give or take an hour here and there. So you missed a little less than one fifth of the festival. Did you show up early to make sure you were near the front of the will call line? Did you have your proper documents? If so, then the wait was probably less than 6.5 hours, but that's just splitting hairs. And it's all besides the point. Do you really expect a company that had to pay all the various entities that it had to pay to give you a refund because of something that wasn't their fault? Really.

The most they could do in a honest fashion would be to write you a letter and say, "look, we're sorry you had a bad time because of will-call, but we're working on it as best we can. To be honest though the policy is really not our decision. Will call is enforced by Ticketmaster on overseas purchases, and staffed by venue staffing. We hope you decide to come back next year though."

Anyway. You have a right to be upset, but not with GV or Psychic Friend.

Do what I suggested earlier in the thread and call Empire Polo Field...I posted their phone number for you. They were charged with staffing the will call BY TICKETMASTER. I fucking hate Ticketmaster with a passion, but their policy is their policy...unless you take action to change that, nothing will happen. I can almost guarantee it.

As for your last bit of retardedness...I won't get out of this thread. Unlike you little rants, I'm trying to be constructive and help. Your rants do nothing of the sort. One suggestion I have for you though is to find someone you trust here in the US to buy your tickets for you next year so they can get the actual ticket in-hand prior to the event. Just some creative thinking to help you (and any others planning on coming back next year)...even though you've been a total dick so far. Hope it helps ya.

krunchy
05-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Well if you had read my post, and had any common sense, you would know that GV shouldn't feel comfortable in the fact that it 'isn't their fault' and they should have got off their arses and sent someone to do something about it.
The point is, they did nothing to help, and are negligent. That is all. It may be hard to understand that, but its not all about where the buck stops but where the buck is passed. GV could have done something. They didn't. They should have done something. They didn't.
That's negligence...

Oh and believe me, I will call empire polo fields, but if there is one thing that may actually put this festival in jeopardy altogether is harassing the hosts. I figured you didn't really want that...

Any by the way...OF COURSE I HAD MY ID READY AND WAITING YOU DOLT! Otherwise what right would I have to bitch on this board? I was travelling at the time, and in order to travel you...what? Oh that right, you need a passport! Oh that's right, you are from san diego, you don't need a passport to travel a few hours to a festival! Thats a good reason why you have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

Aside from all the snide bullshit, all i want is an apology. It's not that hard, and I won't rest till I get one.

ewiggy
05-15-2007, 11:52 PM
JUST GIVE ME A FUCKING APOLOGY ALREADY! IT ISN'T THAT FUCKING HARD!

i'm really sorry.

krunchy
05-16-2007, 12:46 AM

SubBass49
05-16-2007, 04:46 AM
Hahaha...Krunchy...you're a trip. The mere fact that you're a foreign traveller doesn't automatically mean you brought your passport to the venue...dipshit. lol. And you act as though no one on here has ever bitched about anything without a good reason...lol. AND...just because I drove up from San Diego doesn't mean I can put myself in your shoes for a minute and imagine how pissed off you are. It's not that hard. So don't cheapen what I bring to this discussion. I'm here out of my own good will trying to keep this civil & constructive. Honestly, I'd love it if they come up with a way to make you feel better about what happened...within reason of course. There's also a lot of personal responsibility issues that come into play though. I've heard from a few people now that lines were relatively short for will call early in the day. I don't know because I wasn't there for it, but that's the word. GV didn't make you show up late to the will call line did they? Anyway...just be reasonable and I'm sure Psychic Friend (even though you've been kind of an asshat towards her so far) will do everything within her power to help. Notice I said "within her power" because last time I checked, she wasn't the CEO of Goldenvoice.

JustSteve
05-16-2007, 07:07 AM
Oh and believe me, I will call empire polo fields, but if there is one thing that may actually put this festival in jeopardy altogether is harassing the hosts. I figured you didn't really want that..

you really think calling them will put the festival in jeopardy???? hahaha....who do you think you are? must think you are someone pretty damn powerful...

crazzz2007
05-16-2007, 04:47 PM

damn, stop sucking GV's dick. you sound like a teacher's pet. do you not understand that many people waited 4-6 hours in the will call line???? let them vent, damnit. if this had happened to you, your entire friday would have been ruined. GV fucked up big time. stop laying all the blame on ticketmaster.

crazzz2007
05-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Had I seen this before PF did I would have said just about what she did. Ticketmaster makes a bankload off this event every year, and if someone from GV brings up the issues that occurred and threatens to take their business elsewhere if changes are not made, then changes are likely to occur.

Don't worry PF...I think the ones that understood what you're trying to do actually VALUE what you're doing. The others are just ungrateful or still sore from what happened. Don't disappear, because there ARE good people that were wronged in the whole will call thing...and this really should be fixed before next year's event.

looks like someone has a secret crush on pf.

crazzz2007
05-16-2007, 04:52 PM

Peace.

you must really have no life if you take this stuff so seriously.

and you must be a MORON if you think that GV was not in charge of the will call lines.

crazzz2007
05-16-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm a victim of cruelness of the Coachella online community.

If I wasn't attacked every few minutes I'm logged in, maybe I'd come off differently here.

E

if you weren't a piece of shit-asshole-hypocrite-dumbass, you'd come off differently here.

SubBass49
05-16-2007, 05:50 PM
you must really have no life if you take this stuff so seriously.

and you must be a MORON if you think that GV was not in charge of the will call lines.

Crazzz2007...you've had a hard-on for me since I first asked you to stop posting new threads about Delta WAAAAAYYYYY back when.

Regardless, you're a fucking moron. I posted a screen capture DIRECTLY FROM TICKETMASTER'S WEBSITE that says the VENUE IS IN CHARGE OF WILL CALL. So, in the interest of good taste, please shut the fuck up. In fact, go choke on something. If you have nothing to choke on, then go overdose on something. If that's not available, then I'm sure there's a bridge or other high-elevation landmark nearby...please go to the highest point and jump immediately.

You're a prick. You've always been a prick. Case closed, I win, nothin' more to say. Now please go "off" yourself in a timely manner so the world will be better off. You can hang out with your lover Jerry Falwell down in hell...just you and him for eternity...front row seats for the lake of fire...wouldn't it be lovely?

krunchy
05-16-2007, 06:07 PM
you really think calling them will put the festival in jeopardy???? hahaha....who do you think you are? must think you are someone pretty damn powerful...

You tard! Thanks for your 2c and all, but if the rich bastards at the polo fields find that hosting coachella is more hassle than its worth, well, guess what happens kids!
Sure, I don't really care that much myself, but I am not such a bastard that I wish for the even to be canceled for you lovely yanks...but if everyone in that line called and told the empire fields what they thought, they would either have to change phone number or would be slightly hesitant to have coachella back again.

crazzz2007
05-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Crazzz2007...you've had a hard-on for me since I first asked you to stop posting new threads about Delta WAAAAAYYYYY back when.

Regardless, you're a fucking moron. I posted a screen capture DIRECTLY FROM TICKETMASTER'S WEBSITE that says the VENUE IS IN CHARGE OF WILL CALL. So, in the interest of good taste, please shut the fuck up. In fact, go choke on something. If you have nothing to choke on, then go overdose on something. If that's not available, then I'm sure there's a bridge or other high-elevation landmark nearby...please go to the highest point and jump immediately.

i have a hard on for you? you're the one who talked about me earlier in this thread. i merely responded. stop being a hypocrite you little bitch.

there's no use bitching at each other, so let's ask pf....

hey pf, who was in charge of the Will Call booth, Goldenvoice or the Empire Polo Field??

SubBass49
05-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Crazzz2007...are you intelligent enough to read? then check the screen capture from the Ticketmaster website that I posted earlier in regards to who runs will call. Then, shut the fuck up.

crazzz2007
05-17-2007, 12:23 AM
Crazzz2007...are you intelligent enough to read? then check the screen capture from the Ticketmaster website that I posted earlier in regards to who runs will call. Then, shut the fuck up.

i heard you the first time, you fucking moron. i get it, that's what the TM website says. you must be one gullible mother fucker if you believe everything you read.

i don't think the empire polo grounds were in charge of will call. i believe goldenvoice was in charge. pf, can you clarify this?

krunchy
05-17-2007, 02:59 AM
I don't give a shit who ran the will call I just want them to get off their arses and apologise.
And this thread is starting to become quite funny...oh crazz and sub bass you guys are hilarious!

Ill_Eagle
05-17-2007, 04:00 AM
damn, stop sucking GV's dick. you sound like a teacher's pet.

AMEN! I've never seen so much brown nosing. The fact of the matter is that YOU were not in that line, and neither was I, so why don't you just hold my hand while we both skip out of this thread and shut the fuck up.

SubBass49
05-17-2007, 04:43 AM
i heard you the first time, you fucking moron. i get it, that's what the TM website says. you must be one gullible mother fucker if you believe everything you read.

i don't think the empire polo grounds were in charge of will call. i believe goldenvoice was in charge. pf, can you clarify this?

I don't believe everything I read, however most large corporations set things up the way they do for a reason. Their policies are in place to limit liability. Ticketmaster has the will call policy of handing all duties associated with it to the venue (to limit liability). Why would Goldenvoice want to grab up that huge burden/responsibility and have it on their shoulders when they could just leave it to Empire Polo Field to deal with? If that's what happened, then fine, but given the information we all have, this is where it stands. If the info changes, perhaps my opinion of the situation will as well, but I'm not going to stop defending the people/companies bear no responsibility based on our current info.

AMEN! I've never seen so much brown nosing. The fact of the matter is that YOU were not in that line, and neither was I, so why don't you just hold my hand while we both skip out of this thread and shut the fuck up.

Brown-nosing? Do us all a favor and go off yourself in an American Eagle Outfitters so we can all bask in the glow of the poetic justice of it all. If brown-nosing is somehow equal to standing up for people that no one else is standing up for, then sure...but all I am doing is coming to the defense of people that (as of now) we're pretty sure did nothing wrong. Oh no! God forbid! Part of the reason I stick up for GV is that all these newcomers are talking shit about how GV doesn't care about the fans, and they're just another evil corporation, etc etc etc...when that's complete bullshit. I've been coming to Coachella every year since it started and NEVER had a bad time. Ever. If GV were so evil though, how do you explain the following about Coachella?

What other American festival lets you post suggestions prior to the booking of the event as to which bands you'd like to see (and then actively pursues them)?

What other American festival keeps the inside of the venue from being cluttered with huge advertising banners?

What other American festival would keep going after posting HUGE losses in their first show (99)?

What other American festival takes suggestions from fans every year to improve the festival (10 for 1 water bottles, etc)?

What other American festival has a message board staffed by someone that checks in as often as PF, and who actually tries to help when things go wrong?

As for the fact that I wasn't in that line, get over it...I already explained my interest in this thread. Like I said before, I've head from multiple people that those who took precautions and showed up early suffered through a lot less waiting...AND a lot of the problems that came up were not the fault of the people running the booths anyway, no matter what company they were from.

Ill_Eagle
05-17-2007, 01:46 PM
SubBass, you are fucking hilarious dude. I just posted that to see how long your reply to me was going to be.

By the way, you can't blame one person/company/etc. for what happened with will-call. Ticketmaster fucked up royally, GV wasn't prepared for such a huge fuck-up, and some people just didnt come prepared.

You can bet your ass GV is working on this problem for next year, why would they want to lose their huge fan base?

krunchy
05-18-2007, 01:42 AM
If GV were so evil though, how do you explain the following about Coachella?

What other American festival lets you post suggestions prior to the booking of the event as to which bands you'd like to see (and then actively pursues them)?

What other American festival keeps the inside of the venue from being cluttered with huge advertising banners?

What other American festival would keep going after posting HUGE losses in their first show (99)?

What other American festival takes suggestions from fans every year to improve the festival (10 for 1 water bottles, etc)?

What other American festival has a message board staffed by someone that checks in as often as PF, and who actually tries to help when things go wrong?

Lucky you wrote American in there, or that point would have been laughable. Either way, thinking GV were almost martyrs to make a loss on their first festival - are you retarded? That is normal business, and if there is anything GV is here for it is business. GV is not a small company and runs a lot of acts, they can afford to make a loss as they are building a product. You are such a pain in the backside.

Still no apology. Will keep checking back to see if anyone peeps their head from around a corner and suddenly decides to give a shit. From the anger I experienced in the line I am very surprised there isnt a lynch mob forming, but they have probably realised the chances of a formal apology are a joke and whoever is responsible for this couldn't give less of a shit.

And just one last thing. A festival that does 10 to 1 water bottles is not new, not for a longshot. I think a festival in the middle of the desert with one water fountain for 60,000 people lands somewhere between greedy and human rights violation. They even had alcohol hand wash so they didn't need to have taps. These people are pigs to be honest....

krunchy
05-18-2007, 01:43 AM

You're saying what everyone's thinking. Everyone that's left standing in this thread that is...

SubBass49
05-18-2007, 04:39 AM
I think a festival in the middle of the desert with one water fountain for 60,000 people lands somewhere between greedy and human rights violation. They even had alcohol hand wash so they didn't need to have taps. These people are pigs to be honest....

I'm not gonna keep sying the same things to you if you don't get it by now, but I'll address this new idea here.

Yeah...I'm sure Empire Polo Field would LOVE to tear up their grass to install pipes in the middle of the field! (psssst....they use it for more than just Coachella!) Have you noticed WHERE the water pipes are located? Off on the edges of the grass area...usually near dirt. Let's try to think before we say things ok?

krunchy
05-18-2007, 06:02 AM
If you had actually been to a festival with some kind of intelligence behind it you would know that you can easily set up portable plumbing to sink areas on the perimeter of the festival. I love your last ditch attempt at sarcasm to try and hide your complete lack of knowledge on the subject.

The toilet blocks were all on the perimeter of the festival. Despite their horridly bad clustered and one sided placement, there should have been taps there aswell. Everyone else does it dude...

krunchy
05-18-2007, 06:06 AM
I'm not really here to rip on the fact that coachella organisers seem to make some habitually bad bad decisions on the running of the festival. These things aren't my problem - you guys can deal with it next year - and the year after. I will go to roskilde instead. Problem solved.
But yeah mr. bass, coachella is far from perfect. The quicker you learn these things, the quicker you will realise there is a world beyond CA. This may hurt your brain, but it is true.

SubBass49
05-18-2007, 06:12 AM
Whoop-dee-do...All I know is that I've gone to Coachella all 7 times it's taken place, and never once had a bad time, or felt abused or slighted or whatever else you think it is that happened there. It's usually the highlight of my year in fact. My brother once had to purchase his tickets and go to the will call line when he lived out of state (a few years ago) and he had ZERO problem getting it...because he followed the suggestions that Ticketmaster posted. Of course, that was before the word of how dope the festival is really spread internationally, so now we have a much larger will call...but regardless...I wont miss you. Have fun at your other festival!

Peace.

crazzz2007
05-19-2007, 03:14 AM
Dear PF,

You haven't answered the question yet.

Who was in charge of will call.....Goldenvoice or Empire Polo Field?

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Very truly yours,

crazzz2007

Ill_Eagle
05-19-2007, 03:27 AM
I like how SubBass doesnt respond to me because i dont take everything straight up the ass like he does.

love to love you babe.

Archie Bunker
05-19-2007, 03:37 AM
Let's cut through all the BS and come up with one conclusion -- something that I realized 20 years ago.

TicketDisaster is the devil.

The sooner we all come to terms with this fact, the sooner we can all live in peace together.

crazzz2007
05-19-2007, 03:47 AM
Let's cut through all the BS and come up with one conclusion -- something that I realized 20 years ago.

The sooner we all come to terms with this fact, the sooner we can all live in peace together.

bad idea. you're in the wrong thread. we don't like to compromise around here.

SubBass49
05-19-2007, 08:37 AM

bad idea. you're in the wrong thread. we don't like to compromise around here.

Been sayin' this for years...how is that compromise Crazzz2007?

SubBass49
05-19-2007, 08:39 AM
I like how SubBass doesnt respond to me because i dont take everything straight up the ass like he does.

love to love you babe.

Are you mentally ill? I've responded to you when you were worth responding to. Nothing you've said recently (until this) was even worth mentioning, because much of it is shit I already covered. Have you been dippin' into theLastGreatMan's drugs or something?

el_chaman
05-19-2007, 12:12 PM
After reading this thread (all of it) Iīm actually pissed off. I though to just let it by and hope that next year is better but I will tell my story and look forward to some apologies, not necessarily from PF but from someone from GV/Ticketmaster or whatsoever.

I like many others was stuck with Will Call, being an international customer. Friday like many others I had to wait in the Will Call line for 5 hours to get into the booth (my last name starts with M), the security guys there were totally mocking up of people, and not doing their job, which was directing them the appropriate way. About 3 hours after waiting in line some guy, I think from GV comes out and tells everyone who was near that if they go with him they would get inside without tickets, which I think was a good way to have a temporarily solution from someone who cared (at least a bit) and tried to help the people stuck there. So I tell my friends to just go with him and I would stay there because, after all, we would have to wait for the tickets for Saturday and Sunday.

So my girlfriend stays with me and my friends enter the venue. We wait a couple hours more and we are at the booth. We have followed PF and ticketmaster instructions and have my Credit Card, ID and confirmation number (printed on the receipt) so everything would go without problem. The girl who is at the booth goes back and forth in the camper, looks for our tickets in a huge pile and tells us that our tickets arenīt there, so they will have to reprint them in the last window.

So we go to the next queue and wait another 20 minutes to get into the last window. The girl at the window looks a bit lost and starts looking at her computer and going back and forth, after 10 minutes she prints the tickets and we are of to the main entrance.
So we go inside and to our surprise, at the moment our tickets are scanned the security guy tells us that our tickets had been scanned before and we couldnīt go in. We were really pissed off, but I keep myself together and ask politely if he could call for his supervisor or someone from GV to check this. Some guy, who actually was nice to us heard what we were saying about having the tickets just printed out in Will Call because someone there lost our tickets, and that probably they gave it to someone else (hence the tickets being scanned earlier, theory that latter was confirmed), so I ask him if we could go to Will Call and check it but he says that itīs ok, that I could go in and that most certainly I wouldnīt be having problems getting in the next days.

We arrived late but had a great time after all the tension from the past hours waiting and having trouble with our tickets passed, but it was night and we had already lost a good bunch of bands that we wanted to see, but we thought that what the heck, it was one time thing…

Sadly it was not.

Next day while entering we had the exact same problem, the only ticket that went in without problems was one that I bought in ebay, all the other ones bought through ticketmaster and printed in Will Call were scanned and marked void since they were “already scanned” even when we had just arrived. The security guard, a blonde lady with a blue hat and glasses tells us that we canīt go in, I tell her what happened the day before but she doesnīt listen or care, I ask for her supervisor and she tells me that she is the supervisor, so I ask her to call someone from GV. Some guy hears whatīs happening and comes in he talks to me he tells me that he understand completely and that I can go in.

So third day we arrive a little earlier just to be sure that whoever has our tickets doesnīt get before we do, but apparently it was someone from the campground because after being one hour waiting in line with some yerk from security making fun of the people in queue we get in with the same blonde security woman and when she scans our tickets tells us that they have already passed and that we canīt go in. We tell her to remember the day before, that we had the exact same problem and that someone came and let us in, but she tells us that she doesnīt remember (what a terrible memory!) and that we must get out to Will Call and that we would have to do the hour long line again to get there, we are trying to reason with her but she tells a police officer to escort us out. Note that we werenīt rude at all, and it was completely uncalled for.

So my girlfriend, a friend and I go to the Will Call booth again (my other friend went in with an eticket that I bought in this forums without problem) and go to one of the 2 windows that are open. We talk to the guy there and tell our problem at the entrance, he goes to the back of the camper and comes back with our tickets written all over with the word VOID. We are now pretty pissed off and ask him to call for his supervisor. Two guys come out and asks us for our ID and CC, they start looking at the computer and asking us if we werenīt there before because our tickets were scanned at 1:30 pm. We show them some receipts from Target and from a restaurant in Cathedral City at that time. So they are reprinting them and one of them says that they canīt do that because everytime they print them the bar code comes the same and the scanner tells them that they have already been used. So they give us some new tickets and tell us to go to the entrance, that they canīt take us to bypass the queue because itīs up to security, but well at least we had some working tickets.

So at the end we had to wait hours in lines, been treated bad by security, been escorted out by police for a mistake that someone at the will call booth did, giving our tickets to someone else. For what reason do they ask for an ID and a credit card if they are just going to give them to someone else? I lost a good amount of shows that I wanted to see and had a terrible time each day trying to get inside a concert where I have tickets bought through their ticket service months ago just when they came out for sale, and to be treated that way. It was in fact my worst concert experience ever.

I think that I should expect some sort of apologies from this, and believe me PF, I understand that you had nothing to do with this, I respect you, but it was both Ticketmaster (if they were the ones in charge of Will Call who gave my tickets to someone else) and also GVīs for the treatment I received from security and the amount of disorder that was present. If no one here from GV, TM or whatsoever can give an apology maybe you could at least signal where I can send a formal complaint that will be heard.

Sorry everyone else for the long post, but after reading all this thread I had to vent this out of my system.

crazzz2007
05-19-2007, 12:46 PM
After reading this thread (all of it) Iīm actually pissed off. I though to just let it by and hope that next year is better but I will tell my story and look forward to some apologies, not necessarily from PF but from someone from GV/Ticketmaster or whatsoever.

I like many others was stuck with Will Call, being an international customer. Friday like many others I had to wait in the Will Call line for 5 hours to get into the booth (my last name starts with M), the security guys there were totally mocking up of people, and not doing their job, which was directing them the appropriate way. About 3 hours after waiting in line some guy, I think from GV comes out and tells everyone who was near that if they go with him they would get inside without tickets, which I think was a good way to have a temporarily solution from someone who cared (at least a bit) and tried to help the people stuck there. So I tell my friends to just go with him and I would stay there because, after all, we would have to wait for the tickets for Saturday and Sunday.

So my girlfriend stays with me and my friends enter the venue. We wait a couple hours more and we are at the booth. We have followed PF and ticketmaster instructions and have my Credit Card, ID and confirmation number (printed on the receipt) so everything would go without problem. The girl who is at the booth goes back and forth in the camper, looks for our tickets in a huge pile and tells us that our tickets arenīt there, so they will have to reprint them in the last window.

So we go to the next queue and wait another 20 minutes to get into the last window. The girl at the window looks a bit lost and starts looking at her computer and going back and forth, after 10 minutes she prints the tickets and we are of to the main entrance.
So we go inside and to our surprise, at the moment our tickets are scanned the security guy tells us that our tickets had been scanned before and we couldnīt go in. We were really pissed off, but I keep myself together and ask politely if he could call for his supervisor or someone from GV to check this. Some guy, who actually was nice to us heard what we were saying about having the tickets just printed out in Will Call because someone there lost our tickets, and that probably they gave it to someone else (hence the tickets being scanned earlier, theory that latter was confirmed), so I ask him if we could go to Will Call and check it but he says that itīs ok, that I could go in and that most certainly I wouldnīt be having problems getting in the next days.

We arrived late but had a great time after all the tension from the past hours waiting and having trouble with our tickets passed, but it was night and we had already lost a good bunch of bands that we wanted to see, but we thought that what the heck, it was one time thing…

Sadly it was not.

Next day while entering we had the exact same problem, the only ticket that went in without problems was one that I bought in ebay, all the other ones bought through ticketmaster and printed in Will Call were scanned and marked void since they were “already scanned” even when we had just arrived. The security guard, a blonde lady with a blue hat and glasses tells us that we canīt go in, I tell her what happened the day before but she doesnīt listen or care, I ask for her supervisor and she tells me that she is the supervisor, so I ask her to call someone from GV. Some guy hears whatīs happening and comes in he talks to me he tells me that he understand completely and that I can go in.

So third day we arrive a little earlier just to be sure that whoever has our tickets doesnīt get before we do, but apparently it was someone from the campground because after being one hour waiting in line with some yerk from security making fun of the people in queue we get in with the same blonde security woman and when she scans our tickets tells us that they have already passed and that we canīt go in. We tell her to remember the day before, that we had the exact same problem and that someone came and let us in, but she tells us that she doesnīt remember (what a terrible memory!) and that we must get out to Will Call and that we would have to do the hour long line again to get there, we are trying to reason with her but she tells a police officer to escort us out. Note that we werenīt rude at all, and it was completely uncalled for.

So my girlfriend, a friend and I go to the Will Call booth again (my other friend went in with an eticket that I bought in this forums without problem) and go to one of the 2 windows that are open. We talk to the guy there and tell our problem at the entrance, he goes to the back of the camper and comes back with our tickets written all over with the word VOID. We are now pretty pissed off and ask him to call for his supervisor. Two guys come out and asks us for our ID and CC, they start looking at the computer and asking us if we werenīt there before because our tickets were scanned at 1:30 pm. We show them some receipts from Target and from a restaurant in Cathedral City at that time. So they are reprinting them and one of them says that they canīt do that because everytime they print them the bar code comes the same and the scanner tells them that they have already been used. So they give us some new tickets and tell us to go to the entrance, that they canīt take us to bypass the queue because itīs up to security, but well at least we had some working tickets.

So at the end we had to wait hours in lines, been treated bad by security, been escorted out by police for a mistake that someone at the will call booth did, giving our tickets to someone else. For what reason do they ask for an ID and a credit card if they are just going to give them to someone else? I lost a good amount of shows that I wanted to see and had a terrible time each day trying to get inside a concert where I have tickets bought through their ticket service months ago just when they came out for sale, and to be treated that way. It was in fact my worst concert experience ever.

I think that I should expect some sort of apologies from this, and believe me PF, I understand that you had nothing to do with this, I respect you, but it was both Ticketmaster (if they were the ones in charge of Will Call who gave my tickets to someone else) and also GVīs for the treatment I received from security and the amount of disorder that was present. If no one here from GV, TM or whatsoever can give an apology maybe you could at least signal where I can send a formal complaint that will be heard.

Sorry everyone else for the long post, but after reading all this thread I had to vent this out of my system.

come on SubBass, make some more excuses for GV. I know you love to suck dick, so go ahead, no one will hold it against you.

Ill_Eagle
05-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Are you mentally ill?

Actually, I am. :dumbo

SubBass49
05-19-2007, 12:58 PM

Sadly it was not.

come on SubBass, make some more excuses for GV. I know you love to suck dick, so go ahead, no one will hold it against you.

Crazzz2007...sounds to me like one mistake at the beginning of the festival made for this guy's entire bad experience, and I honestly feel really bad for him. I kno wyou're gonna think I'm sucking up to GV, but it sounds like the people from GV were actually really cool about everything. The people that sucked and were bastards were the security people. If I were in the same situation, I would have asked for the name of the person from GV that got me in on the first day, so that I could ask for them specifically should any other trouble come up. My guess is that by the third day the people at the will call booth had probably heard every excuse under the sun as to why people didn't have their tickets, and that's why they were dicks on Sunday.

But did you notice that el_chaman acted like a gentleman even though he was pissed? Amazing how that works. Someone that I can really sympathize with. I hope you get some satisfaction el_chaman.

Peace.

krunchy
05-19-2007, 06:41 PM
But did you notice that el_chaman acted like a gentleman even though he was pissed? Amazing how that works. Someone that I can really sympathize with. I hope you get some satisfaction el_chaman.
Peace.

Just wait until he becomes a drooling mess of vengeance and anger once he realises the extent of how little GV cares about the people burned by this.

GV should totally give you some free tickets to some gig though cause it's the least they can do for your services. You are doing a good job of holding up the fort, keep fellating corporate America and they will give you a cushy job! It's the American dream!

krunchy
05-19-2007, 06:44 PM
LOTS OF WORDS

Dude you really did get owned. I managed to score an extra 90mins on you in the line, but jesus did you get served. Well, if I want an apology I bet you do. Keep tuned in, see how long before they actually give a shit. It's almost fun with sub bass keeping this thread alive! It would be so boring if i just had to keep posting

"Another day, no apology"

That would get very tired after a while...

SubBass49
05-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Just wait until he becomes a drooling mess of vengeance and anger once he realises the extent of how little GV cares about the people burned by this.

GV should totally give you some free tickets to some gig though cause it's the least they can do for your services. You are doing a good job of holding up the fort, keep fellating corporate America and they will give you a cushy job! It's the American dream!

I could care less about free tickets or a job with GV...I stick up for them because people are misguided in their attacks. When will you get that through your thick skull? This guy knows that he can complain about bad shit that happened without being a complete prick about it (unlike you). Don't you wish you were as classy as he is?

krunchy
05-19-2007, 10:08 PM
I could care less about free tickets or a job with GV...I stick up for them because people are misguided in their attacks. When will you get that through your thick skull? This guy knows that he can complain about bad shit that happened without being a complete prick about it (unlike you). Don't you wish you were as classy as he is?

The time for being classy is over. The time for being classy would have been my response to the apology i recieved in my email that i saw once i got home. That would have been the time for being classy.

Although one thing can be said - you give more of a shit than GV does!

HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO SIMPLY APOLOGISE?!?!

Mr. Bass - do you think the people in line deserve an apology? Just answer me that. (not some bullshit response about passing the buck please....)

crazzz2007
05-20-2007, 12:37 AM
it's obvious that GV was in charge of will call. i don't blame pf for not answering the question.

SubBass49
05-20-2007, 07:54 AM
The time for being classy is over. The time for being classy would have been my response to the apology i recieved in my email that i saw once i got home. That would have been the time for being classy.

Although one thing can be said - you give more of a shit than GV does!

HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO SIMPLY APOLOGISE?!?!

Mr. Bass - do you think the people in line deserve an apology? Just answer me that. (not some bullshit response about passing the buck please....)

SOMEONE owes you all an apology, but so far no one has stepped up...yes...that's true. I believe I've said something of the sort from the beginning, but because of the personal attacks against GV and Psychic Friend, the thread was carried in another direction. I also am a hard-headed mofo and don't believe in people saying sorry for things that arent their fault.

it's obvious that GV was in charge of will call. i don't blame pf for not answering the question.

As for PF...she probably got tired of being attacked by misguided, confused, angry dipshits. After all, she said more than once that she'd leave the thread...guess she followed through.

PassiveTheory
05-20-2007, 09:13 AM
I understand people being pissed off, but that one dude's every single post is pretty much composed of "APOLOGIZE NOWWWWWWWWW" or something far less articulate... And that just comes across as irritating.

I think that's why Dani left the thread.

orbit
05-20-2007, 10:13 AM
I don't think PF should apologize, but if GV wasn't in charge or didn't have ANY responsability over will call, why don't they just say it? PF should just clarify that, and if GV really didn't have anything to do with will call, people should cut all the BS here and complain directly with Ticketmaster or the Empire Polo field.

fatbastard
05-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Sounds like someone needs to apologize to Ticketmaster, Goldenvoice, and PF at this point. Who's going to step up to that responsiblity? Let's see how hard it really is.

C DUB YA
05-21-2007, 07:50 AM
Whoop-dee-do...All I know is that I've gone to Coachella all 7 times it's taken place, and never once had a bad time, or felt abused or slighted or whatever else you think it is that happened there.

there have been 8 coachellas

SubBass49
05-21-2007, 09:56 AM
oops...forgot to count this year...lol

psychic friend
05-21-2007, 01:21 PM
email will be sent

krunchy
05-23-2007, 04:23 AM
I understand people being pissed off, but that one dude's every single post is pretty much composed of "APOLOGIZE NOWWWWWWWWW" or something far less articulate... And that just comes across as irritating.

I think that's why Dani left the thread.

What else is there to say? Other than just playful bitching with the ever so informed sub bass guy, all I can say, over and over, is apologise. That is the keyword here.
Maybe they aren't getting it. OK. I will cater to your Ameringlish.

APOLOGIZE!

There, I translated it for you. Now you can understand what I'm saying! What a total screwup. I'm sorry for getting impatient about the whole thing, I figured that GV was just ignoring me while here I was spitting gibberish at them!
Well, now I have put a Z in there, everything should get cleared up.

Thanks GV! I know there will be a sincere apology waiting for my in my inbox tomorrow. Just like that phonecall I was gonna get!

PlayaDelWes
05-23-2007, 04:39 AM
email will be sent

I kinda stopped keeping track of this thread too. At one point it was full of experiences (bad ones) in line, the sourcing of the problem, and suggested solutions.

I'm guessing everyone's story has been told and that's why we are off topic; then again one look at that line on Friday and you knew everyone's story.

I'm most interested in hearing what's going on to change things for next year, what progress has been made to hang, shoot, and whatever elese Zach suggested for the Will Call organizers for this year, and what retrobution is being made for us poor souls who had to endure the line.

It would be nice to start hearing a little more about those things.

krunchy
05-24-2007, 04:11 AM
Everything is ok - i got an email from GV with a sincere apology about the whole thing, explained the situation and expressed remorse at their lack of response at the time. The email was very genuine and I really appreciated it...

krunchy
05-24-2007, 04:12 AM
LOL! What are you fucking kidding? Of course I haven't received dick!

Still waiting....

SubBass49
05-24-2007, 10:48 AM
How mature.

Ill_Eagle
05-24-2007, 12:52 PM
PSYCHIC FRIEND! I DEMAND AN APOLOGY FROM YOU!!!

(because you wont marry me)

Rhydz
05-24-2007, 04:02 PM
solution: go to glastonbury! i know i will be!

krunchy
05-24-2007, 05:09 PM
How mature.

You've stopped getting all uppity about every post I make so now I have to keep myself amused. I'm just gonna keep talking shit till I either get bored or get an apology. I think I might get bored first, but who knows!

SubBass, with all this corporate representative action here - do you vote republican? I'd love to meet a real republican! Would be so interesting...

(Don't try and counter that with your sig, your sig is simply gay....)

krunchy
05-24-2007, 05:10 PM
solution: go to glastonbury! i know i will be!

Glastonbury is a shitfight! Do you even know if youre gonna get tix yet?!? I'm looking at more of a sziget/pukkelpop kinda festival. I can't make it to roskilde, which is the mecca of all festivals but damn there are some good line ups. Its coachella with tool and nine inch nails instead of rage against the machine.

SubBass49
05-24-2007, 05:32 PM
SubBass, with all this corporate representative action here - do you vote republican? I'd love to meet a real republican! Would be so interesting...

(Don't try and counter that with your sig, your sig is simply gay....)

You really are a clueless twit aren't you? I'm willing to bet that most Aussies are ashamed to share a nation with you.

Regardless, no I'm not a Republican. Sticking up for a company like GV doesn't even come close to what those GOP fuckers do. I stick up for GV because no one else seems to be, and because unlike most corporations, they actually care about the consumers. Just because they won't suckle on your ass over your bad will call experience doesn't mean they're not a good company. They have a track record since '99 of being one of the most fan-oriented concert companies around.

As for my sig being gay...that's fine that you think that it's gay...I really don't care. The idea that your sorry ass would somehow hurt my feelings (when I lend about as much credibility to your opinion as I do to that of toenail fungus) amuses me. At least I have the balls to speak on things besides begging for an apology from a company that most likely doesn't owe me one to begin with. Do you yell and scream for an apology from your mother's OB/GYN because your mom had inbred sex with her father and gave birth to your deformed & mentally incapacitated ass? Sounds like that was your mom's fault if you ask me.

Oh, and if you don't like what I said just now, blame the cold medicine...yeah.

(next thing you know he'll be contacting Nyquil and demanding an apology from them too!)

Peace.

krunchy
05-25-2007, 04:42 AM
You really are a clueless twit aren't you? I'm willing to bet that most Aussies are ashamed to share a nation with you.

Regardless, no I'm not a Republican. Sticking up for a company like GV doesn't even come close to what those GOP fuckers do. I stick up for GV because no one else seems to be, and because unlike most corporations, they actually care about the consumers. Just because they won't suckle on your ass over your bad will call experience doesn't mean they're not a good company. They have a track record since '99 of being one of the most fan-oriented concert companies around.

As for my sig being gay...that's fine that you think that it's gay...I really don't care. The idea that your sorry ass would somehow hurt my feelings (when I lend about as much credibility to your opinion as I do to that of toenail fungus) amuses me. At least I have the balls to speak on things besides begging for an apology from a company that most likely doesn't owe me one to begin with. Do you yell and scream for an apology from your mother's OB/GYN because your mom had inbred sex with her father and gave birth to your deformed & mentally incapacitated ass? Sounds like that was your mom's fault if you ask me.

Oh, and if you don't like what I said just now, blame the cold medicine...yeah.

(next thing you know he'll be contacting Nyquil and demanding an apology from them too!)

Peace.

lol I knew that one would push your buttons. This thread would totally suck without you. There are so many things I could counterpoint, argue, debate and generally bullshit about with you. But I'm not going to.
Why? Because I actually don't care.
I want 500 words on why I should care with a double dose of bitching and whining please. That will keep this thread nice and entertaining for me.

Another post, another day, no apology. I think I'm getting bored. I'm gonna call someone when business opens and start being annoying. Good times my friend, good times.

Oh ok...just one thing. If they care so much, why was there only one water fountain for the whole festival? Ouch...

P.S. You still sound like a raging republican to me!

SubBass49
05-25-2007, 08:50 AM
Oh ok...just one thing. If they care so much, why was there only one water fountain for the whole festival? Ouch...

If they DIDN'T care, then why institute the 10 bottles for 1 program? So now you've really sealed it. This was your first Coachella. Obviously. You didn't feel pampered enough so you decided to rage against the GV machine. Awwww. Couldn't be bothered to pick up 10 bottles? Don't cry to me about it. Last year that wasn't even an option...but people complained about lack of water fountains...so they did something about it...thus PROVING that they actually DO care AND take customer feedback to improve the festival from one year to the next.

Damn...ya know...you're definitely a model case for the abolition of modern medicine and safety precautions. I have a feeling that natural selection would have weeded your ass out LONG ago were it not for those two factors. Can we get an Aussie friend out there to grab him up and drop him in the outback somewhere so that he doesn't have a chance to breed? Please? I'm beginning to see the seeds of the film Idiocracy in this kid...hurry before it's too late!

krunchy
05-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Anally retentive spiel

Hah! You responded! You tard!
You simply don't see the irony of you responding....bah...the point is lost.

10 bottles for one is...
a) pissweak
b) not new

Lack of water fountains is inexcusable. 10 bottles for one just means people with no money don't end up in the first aid tent. Well done GV, I won't call the UN.

Just stop being a girl and face it - your lovely local festival doesn't even touch on the european ones. I knew about all this shit and still went to the festival. But point remains - they have a lot to learn.
You just don't want to see improvement is all. Well you say you do, then you oppose improvement cause GV is perfect and lovely.

Respond to this! Keep the thread alive, doofus!

SubBass49
05-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Hah! You responded! You tard!
You simply don't see the irony of you responding....bah...the point is lost.

Do you actually think you're amusing? Wow...you really are delusional.

10 bottles for one is...
a) pissweak
b) not new

But it means you wont dehydrate unless you're...
a) retarded
b) a moron

(thus, no need to whine about water fountains! what a concept!)

Lack of water fountains is inexcusable. 10 bottles for one just means people with no money don't end up in the first aid tent. Well done GV, I won't call the UN.

How is it inexcusable? People bitched about $2 water, so GV did something about it. Why must you be such a whiny biatch?

Just stop being a girl and face it

Take your own advice.

your lovely local festival doesn't even touch on the european ones. I knew about all this shit and still went to the festival. But point remains - they have a lot to learn.

THEN DON'T COME BACK! I know I'll be much happier without you there. Probably have an even better time.

You just don't want to see improvement is all. Well you say you do, then you oppose improvement cause GV is perfect and lovely.

Name one way in which I have opposed improvement. Please. I'll be waiting. In fact, please quote it so we can all see where I opposed improvement. Prove yourself to be more intelligent than a puddle of dingo diarreah...please.

Respond to this! Keep the thread alive, doofus!

More than happy to oblige. I enjoy proving you to be a horrific example of human intelligence.

krunchy
05-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Do you actually think you're amusing? Wow...you really are delusional.

But it means you wont dehydrate unless you're...
a) retarded
b) a moron

(thus, no need to whine about water fountains! what a concept!)

How is it inexcusable? People bitched about $2 water, so GV did something about it. Why must you be such a whiny biatch?

Take your own advice.

THEN DON'T COME BACK! I know I'll be much happier without you there. Probably have an even better time.

Name one way in which I have opposed improvement. Please. I'll be waiting. In fact, please quote it so we can all see where I opposed improvement. Prove yourself to be more intelligent than a puddle of dingo diarreah...please.

More than happy to oblige. I enjoy proving you to be a horrific example of human intelligence.

You don't want water fountains. I don't really understand why. I think you need to get out more.

And so hostile! I mean, if I'm such a retard, so inconsequential, then why do you keep responding! You are truly missing the irony of your long winded bitchy posts. Keep spending time on them, stating how you wouldn't waste your time on me.
Painful stuff here kids, but keep watching, cause he will totally respond to this.

krunchy
05-25-2007, 06:43 PM
You are such a distraction. Go away. I almost forgot to say....

FUCKING APOLOGISE ALREADY!

Sorry...I meant to say APOLOGIZE FOR FUCKS SAKE!

SubBass49
05-25-2007, 07:02 PM
You don't want water fountains. I don't really understand why. I think you need to get out more.

And so hostile! I mean, if I'm such a retard, so inconsequential, then why do you keep responding! You are truly missing the irony of your long winded bitchy posts. Keep spending time on them, stating how you wouldn't waste your time on me.
Painful stuff here kids, but keep watching, cause he will totally respond to this.

QUOTE where I said I don't want water fountains. Go ahead...please...

Oh wait...I NEVER SAID THAT. Damn you're dumb. Seriously...it's to the point where I'm starting to take pity on you. You act as though it takes me more than 30 seconds to a minute to respond to these...as though it's some horrible loss in my life.
1) it's fun
2) it's easy
3) because of #1 & #2...it's not a waste of my time. :)

Anyway...I'll be waiting for you to QUOTE where I said that I don't want water fountains. You won't be able to...but it will be fun to see what sort of excuse you come up with for why you can't (or why you wont).

Oh, and you calling ANYONE whiny or bitchy is certainly the pot calling the kettle black.

crazzz2007
05-26-2007, 12:15 PM
pot...

http://www.medicalmarihuana.ca/images/flinflon2asml.jpg

kettle...

http://www.travisconn.com/holloware/holwrpix/Bronze%20kettle%20v2.jpg

SubBass49
05-26-2007, 12:41 PM
pot...

http://www.medicalmarihuana.ca/images/flinflon2asml.jpg

kettle...

http://www.travisconn.com/holloware/holwrpix/Bronze%20kettle%20v2.jpg

...or green in this case...lol...

Rhydz
05-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Glastonbury is a shitfight! Do you even know if youre gonna get tix yet?!?

Erm.......tickets sold out ages ago. I have tickets.

:rolleyes

krunchy
05-27-2007, 03:06 AM
More words...

Why do you keep talking?

krunchy
05-27-2007, 03:07 AM
And now to get back on topic....APOLOGISE PLEASE. Like...three weeks ago maybe?

Ill_Eagle
05-27-2007, 03:51 AM
Advice:
http://static.flickr.com/66/183519963_54cbceab26_o.jpg

kidding.

fatbastard
05-27-2007, 05:49 AM
Breath in...breath out...breath in...breath out.
http://www.apa.org/topics/controlanger.html

SubBass49
05-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Me:

Oh wait...I NEVER SAID THAT. Damn you're dumb. Seriously...it's to the point where I'm starting to take pity on you.

You:

Why do you keep talking?

Me:

Anyway...I'll be waiting for you to QUOTE where I said that I don't want water fountains. You won't be able to...but it will be fun to see what sort of excuse you come up with for why you can't (or why you wont).

You:

And now to get back on topic....APOLOGISE PLEASE. Like...three weeks ago maybe?

Hahahaha!
http://boldt.us/4556-2/ROFL_MAO

SubBass49
05-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Either I'm psychic, or your shit talk has become THAT predictable!

Ill_Eagle
05-27-2007, 01:35 PM
SubBass you take quotes out of context worse than CNN. ROFLMAO!

SubBass49
05-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Ill eagle...like a man with no penis, you're missing the point.

Ill_Eagle
05-27-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm not missing the point, I'm just messing with your head.

SubBass49
05-27-2007, 09:23 PM
:dumbo

krunchy
05-27-2007, 09:44 PM
If you think im going to go over your posts and quote you for when you have criticised my opinion on the water fountains, you are just as big of a dirty forum nerd as I thought. You still have time. You are still young. Get a life while you can....

Please apologise GV. I found your phone number and I want to call, but thats when I'm supposed to be asleep. I don't want to have to wake up at 3 in the morning to be blown off my your PR guy. I want to do it when I'm supposed to be awake.

Make this easier for me. Stop being such dicks. JUST A FUCKING TOKEN APOLOGY.

Oh, and Mr. Bass, why are you here again? Where were you during will call? Oh, thats right, having a great time at the festival. Go away.

SubBass49
05-28-2007, 06:30 AM

Oh wait...I NEVER SAID THAT. Damn you're dumb. Seriously...it's to the point where I'm starting to take pity on you.

Still waiting...

krunchy
05-28-2007, 06:48 PM
HAH! You're going to be waiting a long time, as you have noticed, I am rather stubborn....
I still don't quite understand why you are here, but why not eh? I don't really want to party alone in here....

But dude, stop wasting your time here. There is probably a hannity and colmes marathon on fox news. You will hate me if you miss out.

SubBass49
05-28-2007, 08:10 PM

Yet more avoidance on your part...how fun it is to prove my point! You're so full of shit your eyes are turning brown!

I'll keep posting it until you provide the evidence for what you claimed that I said...

krunchy
05-28-2007, 08:36 PM
OK. You want water fountains. There you go.
You also want better positioning of the toilets, acoustically organised stages with less if not no sound bleeding, a security force that ISN'T made of disgruntled and bored marines, less conflicts in the schedule - it seems we are in total agreeance!
Except for the fact that you are GV's buttboy and they have done nothing wrong. I'd like to see what you think could be done to improve the obviously perfect festival.
God you're boring. I am getting to the bottom of this externally, so I guess this thread lives on only to have some annoying troll shit up this thread with his childish bullshit.
OMG PROVE IT! INTERNET WARZ!

But when it comes down to it, I'm happy for you to sit here and troll. It is obviously a good distraction from the terrible, terrible slop you call music on that shitty little myspace page of yours. I figured you might have some semblance of talent to save you from your childish posts and possibly represent some kind of contribution to society.
Don't quit your (starbucks) day job pal, you're gonna need it.

Oh, don't forget to put more bass in them songs. Bass is all we need.

krunchy
05-28-2007, 09:56 PM
All is resolved. And then some.
Professional courtesy was overflowing, was more then just an apology it was an understanding. My days of bitching on this thread are over. SubBass is going to get lonely, but he will just have to find somewhere else to troll.

Goldenvoice does actually care, contrary to what I have said. I think they just needed to put the bong down for a few minutes and realise that time flies. All is well (and full of love).

All apologies for all hostilities in this thread, I don't care to relive it, but I'm sure I have scorned many. This was all in the heat of frustration, and I hope nobody has taken offense to anything that has been stated in this thread.

Ahh, thread. I thought this relationship would never end. Well, good riddance.

PF - shall keep you posted. Other than that, this thread is dead to me.

It's probably been dead to the rest of the board for weeks now!

Ill_Eagle
05-28-2007, 11:37 PM
yessssssss... free room to mess with subbass hahaha just kidding

krunchy
05-29-2007, 04:11 AM
yessssssss... free room to mess with subbass hahaha just kidding

PFFT! Don't do it here! Be imaginative! Google his username, follow him to the other forums he inhabits and harass him there!

I'm not going to write anymore. I think the forum servers will break with his long winded bitchy response if there is any more content in this post.

I will take this waste of a message to say that PF is awesome.

SubBass49
05-29-2007, 04:41 AM
OK. You want water fountains. There you go.
You also want better positioning of the toilets, acoustically organised stages with less if not no sound bleeding, a security force that ISN'T made of disgruntled and bored marines, less conflicts in the schedule - it seems we are in total agreeance!
Except for the fact that you are GV's buttboy and they have done nothing wrong. I'd like to see what you think could be done to improve the obviously perfect festival.
God you're boring. I am getting to the bottom of this externally, so I guess this thread lives on only to have some annoying troll shit up this thread with his childish bullshit.
OMG PROVE IT! INTERNET WARZ!

But when it comes down to it, I'm happy for you to sit here and troll. It is obviously a good distraction from the terrible, terrible slop you call music on that shitty little myspace page of yours. I figured you might have some semblance of talent to save you from your childish posts and possibly represent some kind of contribution to society.
Don't quit your (starbucks) day job pal, you're gonna need it.

Oh, don't forget to put more bass in them songs. Bass is all we need.

Hah! And you call me a troll...let's hear your music...until you can do better (which I'm sure will be never) shut the fuck up.

Ideas for a better Coachella:
- Fix the will call problems for next year.
- If at all possible, stop using Ticketmaster. Their fees have gone beyond ridiculous.
- Set up off-site parking lots with shuttle service to alleviate the after-show clusterfuck that is "trying to leave."
- More space in the food areas to sit in the shade (maybe just use larger shade tents?)
- Multiple general admission exit points, including ones clearly marked for people who are exiting to walk down Monroe (so they don't impede traffic flow out of the lots).

Now...if you would kindly go away the world would be a much better place. I'll go back to my Starbucks job...oh wait...I don't have one...I'm a TEACHER (with two college degrees). What is it YOU do again? Oh yeah...sit on a message board and bitch at people. My bad...I forgot.

Adios puto.

SubBass49
05-29-2007, 04:43 AM
PFFT! Don't do it here! Be imaginative! Google his username, follow him to the other forums he inhabits and harass him there!

I will take this waste of a message to say that PF is awesome.

But I'm the troll...loser. Oh, and I've maintained that PF is awesome from the start...the entire time you bitched and whined at her for something that wasnt her fault. Why start sucking up now?

krunchy
05-29-2007, 06:08 AM
Hah! And you call me a troll...let's hear your music...until you can do better (which I'm sure will be never) shut the fuck up.

Ideas for a better Coachella:
- Fix the will call problems for next year.
- If at all possible, stop using Ticketmaster. Their fees have gone beyond ridiculous.
- Set up off-site parking lots with shuttle service to alleviate the after-show clusterfuck that is "trying to leave."
- More space in the food areas to sit in the shade (maybe just use larger shade tents?)
- Multiple general admission exit points, including ones clearly marked for people who are exiting to walk down Monroe (so they don't impede traffic flow out of the lots).

Now...if you would kindly go away the world would be a much better place. I'll go back to my Starbucks job...oh wait...I don't have one...I'm a TEACHER (with two college degrees). What is it YOU do again? Oh yeah...sit on a message board and bitch at people. My bad...I forgot.

Adios puto.

Yeah that was totally trolling. It actually wasn't that bad, but I knew it would get a rise out of you. It was amusing to watch for a moment.
My angst in this thread doesn't exist anymore, so I'm just going to give you a big hug. You're probably just going to call me gay, but that might be the subtle kiss on the cheek.
I got my apology, so I really don't care much about this thread, yet I am drawn to it for some reason. You are a joy to be around, and this just makes me want to stay for a beer.
I'm glad you're a teacher, and more glad that you are proud of it. That profession will kill you eventually, but at least you're starting with good spirits. You might even shape a few lives for the better before you become embittered and get large wrinkles in places they shouldn't form. Maybe by then you can use your other degree to become a barista. You totally know you want to. For an independent coffee store, of course.

It was fun partying with you mr. bass. You are quite the high and mighty person, but I guess that has it's place in some circles. Your list of improvements was pretty lukewarm, but I guess that comes down to the fact that you don't know any better. That is fair enough, but I do recommend you check out some other ones. Maybe you might shake that two dimensional view you have of things.

I am sedate, placid, calm, satisfied. Everything has fallen in it's right place, although it has taken some time, I have achieved what I set out to achieve. The war is over.

But please, don't let me interrupt you. Keep talking.

krunchy
05-29-2007, 06:08 AM
But I'm the troll...loser. Oh, and I've maintained that PF is awesome from the start...the entire time you bitched and whined at her for something that wasnt her fault. Why start sucking up now?

Why are you so angry?

SubBass49
05-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Not angry...just pointing out the facts. :)

As for all the other stuff you said, yeah...teaching probably will kill me some day...it's stressful...but oh well...it's rewarding too...can't think of any other job that has such highs & lows...maybe medicine.

But now that you're not being a dick anymore, I'm not gonna be a dick to you. Glad you got what you wanted eventually.

Peace.

luckyface
05-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Man, what the hell did GV give you for your troubles?

crazzz2007
05-29-2007, 03:39 PM

i bought a ticket to the hot chip show at henry fonda.

ticket: $18
facility charge: $2
"convenience" charge: $7.85
"processing" charge: $4.80
ticketfast charge: $2.50
TOTAL COST: $35.15

so the price went from $18 to $35.15. The "fees" and "charges" added up to $17.15, almost as much as the cost of the fuking ticket.

ticketmaster is beyond evil. i don't advocate violence, but it would make me so damn happy if ticketmaster and everyone associated with them were wiped off the face of this earth.

SubBass49
05-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Yeah...that's pretty damn bad...They've pretty much got a monopoly on the ticket game...at least in terms of shows that promoters want to be available on a national level...

krunchy
05-29-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm not going to say what they're doing, I'll leave it upto them to their their email out. But I got myself an apology, and I think it was a good one. So I'm pretty happy and they have indeed made up for lost time.

Ticketmaster in Australia is pretty normal. Booking fees are about $4 and postage probably ends up being like $8 or something. It's just that you guys purchase tickets where that $12 means something. In Australia you generally can't go to a gig for less than $60 - more likely to be $80 or $90 - so the ticketmaster charges don't matter so much.
Convenience charge is a total crock of shit though...

Edit: and nobody uses ticketmaster anyway ;-) ticketek for the win no doubt, last time i used ticketmaster it was for radiohead and needless to say despite being there at 9am clicking hard, I didn't get a ticket. Fuckers.

crazzz2007
05-29-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm not going to say what they're doing, I'll leave it upto them to their their email out. But I got myself an apology, and I think it was a good one. So I'm pretty happy and they have indeed made up for lost time.

Ticketmaster in Australia is pretty normal. Booking fees are about $4 and postage probably ends up being like $8 or something. It's just that you guys purchase tickets where that $12 means something. In Australia you generally can't go to a gig for less than $60 - more likely to be $80 or $90 - so the ticketmaster charges don't matter so much.
Convenience charge is a total crock of shit though...

Edit: and nobody uses ticketmaster anyway ;-) ticketek for the win no doubt, last time i used ticketmaster it was for radiohead and needless to say despite being there at 9am clicking hard, I didn't get a ticket. Fuckers.

$60 for small club shows? that doesn't make sense, unless all shows in australia are stadium shows or other large venues.

krunchy
05-29-2007, 06:56 PM
$60 for small club shows? that doesn't make sense, unless all shows in australia are stadium shows or other large venues.

Hah! You'd like to think so. Tool was about $90 for seats and about $120 for floor. Nine inch nails did a gig at a 2800 person venue - which was great - but without all the theatrics that you get in America. $90.

It's pretty standard to pay such an amount for a gig here. Guns n roses was $100 for shit seats, $150 for ok ones, and $200 for floor. This is standard.
Roger waters was in the same arena, but $100, 150, 200 and 350. This place is nuts.
We do get more intimate shows for the most part, only like 3-5k person venues. But that doesn't change the rip off.
The one day festival here, big day out, which is certifiably shit, is $120 +bf all up about $135 for a ticket. It's a joke. But people were buying them off ebay for $250 cause they are retarded.

This, my friends, is why I travel for music festivals...

krunchy
05-30-2007, 03:59 AM
Still no email but I have faith. All will be well soon....

Red_Sonia
05-30-2007, 11:09 AM
My boyfriend and I travelled from Scotland to come to Coachella so we had no choice but to purchase our tickets from TicketBastard (as we dubbed it after the queue debacle) and since they wouldn't ship outside the US, had to collect the tickets from Will See Fuck All (AKA WillCall).

I agree with the original person who posted the thread; when we arrived at 1pm, we were told the ridiculously long queue was 2 hours long which seemed ludicrous, but hey we needed to get the tickets so couldn't argue. After 3 hours, when we were only two thirds of the way round, we started to get seriously pissed off. After 5 hours in the 40 degree heat and two paultry free bottles (only given out after I complained loudly) of water and no food. We weren't just angry, we were quite ill. Quite simply there is no excuse whatsoever for the way this was diabolically mismanaged. For cripes sake, the dudes at the top of the queue started letting people jump in!

Sorry if this reads like a rant but perhaps, like me, you have noticed that there is no easy way to directly contact the organisers and this seems the only way to get the message across.

When we reached the end of the queue, some head honcho bloke was stood at the top and I asked who had screwed up - my reply was a guffaw. The blame lies in the hands of all 3 parties- Coachella, Ticketmaster and WillCall.

Don't get me wrong - Coachella was well worth travelling 5000 miles for. We had a tremendous time but after so many years, did the organisers just decide to put their lowest-IQ feckwit in charge of International tickets? Answers on a postcard to 'Missed most of Friday thanks'

krunchy
05-30-2007, 08:32 PM
My boyfriend and I travelled from Scotland to come to Coachella so we had no choice but to purchase our tickets from TicketBastard (as we dubbed it after the queue debacle) and since they wouldn't ship outside the US, had to collect the tickets from Will See Fuck All (AKA WillCall).

I agree with the original person who posted the thread; when we arrived at 1pm, we were told the ridiculously long queue was 2 hours long which seemed ludicrous, but hey we needed to get the tickets so couldn't argue. After 3 hours, when we were only two thirds of the way round, we started to get seriously pissed off. After 5 hours in the 40 degree heat and two paultry free bottles (only given out after I complained loudly) of water and no food. We weren't just angry, we were quite ill. Quite simply there is no excuse whatsoever for the way this was diabolically mismanaged. For cripes sake, the dudes at the top of the queue started letting people jump in!

Sorry if this reads like a rant but perhaps, like me, you have noticed that there is no easy way to directly contact the organisers and this seems the only way to get the message across.

When we reached the end of the queue, some head honcho bloke was stood at the top and I asked who had screwed up - my reply was a guffaw. The blame lies in the hands of all 3 parties- Coachella, Ticketmaster and WillCall.

Don't get me wrong - Coachella was well worth travelling 5000 miles for. We had a tremendous time but after so many years, did the organisers just decide to put their lowest-IQ feckwit in charge of International tickets? Answers on a postcard to 'Missed most of Friday thanks'

I've been bitching about this for a long time, I have been a union boss of one since nobody seems to really care that they came across the world to miss out on 1/3 of the festival they came for. You even have smartarses questioning whether we deserve an apology. It's madness, and it has been somewhat disheartening over the last few weeks.
You should be getting an apology in the mail soon, not sure when, and I'm hoping soon, but there are a lot of red faces and there are plenty of reasons for the monumental fuckup.

Where were you like 20 posts ago though! I've been fighting this alone!

Stefinitely Maybe
05-31-2007, 03:44 AM
krunchy, if it's any consolation, I feel your pain, but bitching about it on a messageboard isn't going to solve anything.

krunchy
05-31-2007, 04:03 AM
Maybe it already has...

Edit for clarification: email should be on it's way...apparently...

davidbarr
05-31-2007, 04:34 PM
Who has got an email from Goldenvoice this morning?

I sent an email to Ticketmaster customer services complaining regarding the will call fiasco, and have just received an email advising that I will get a complimentary three day pass for Coachella 2008, in my initial complaint I asked for a refund of convenience charge, and partial refund for time lost on Fridays event, so this is a big, and very welcome surprise (and an excuse to make the 12,000 mile roundtrip from the UK again!)

David

krunchy
05-31-2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah it took a while but apparently goldenvoice does indeed give a crap. It's giving me a warm fuzzy feeling after the burning fires of hate over the last month....

davidbarr
05-31-2007, 04:59 PM
Yup,

gives me something to look forward to (apart from t in the park)

i honestly didn't expect that, especially as ticketmaster are involved!

david

suprefan
05-31-2007, 07:23 PM
And to think you guys doubted GV and how much they cared. I read what the e mail said, good job PF.

SubBass49
05-31-2007, 09:17 PM
ahem....I think many people owe PF and GV an apology...

To borrow from the blunder down under...

APOLOGISE NOWWWWWW!!!!!

jk...but it'd still be the nice thing to do.

EDIT: PS - I would have gladly stood in line until 5pm on Friday for free tix to 2008's fest...ya'll got the hookup...

Oh...and the little bit of inadvertant info that got passed along...The festival is gonna be 3 days next year!!!!! FUCK YEAH!

krunchy
05-31-2007, 10:02 PM
ahem....I think many people owe PF and GV an apology...

To borrow from the blunder down under...

APOLOGISE NOWWWWWW!!!!!

jk...but it'd still be the nice thing to do.

EDIT: PS - I would have gladly stood in line until 5pm on Friday for free tix to 2008's fest...ya'll got the hookup...

Oh...and the little bit of inadvertant info that got passed along...The festival is gonna be 3 days next year!!!!! FUCK YEAH!

lol you retard it took a month to get it, shouldn't have taken a month. No apologies for being pissed off, already told PF on the phone that I'm sorry for being so harsh. Four weeks ago the email would have been enough, but I'll trade a month of bitching and troll **** pong with you for a free 3 day pass anyday ;-)

Bear in mind its gonna cost me $2,000 to get there anyway, so think about that hookup and realise how it might not be as sweet as it sounds.

Regardless, GV pulled through and this is gonna cost them dearly, so many thanks to them for their compensation. There is a lot of free tickets (not going to say the number) so this is going to REALLY hit their hip pocket - they have taken one for the team. I bet ticketmaster isn't sharing that burden...

P.S. SUBBASS IS GAYYYY U SUK SUB U R SUCH A *** U DONT KNO SHIT DIE NOW K THX LOL ILL BEAT UP UP AT CARPARK LOL BEATEN UP @ COACHELLA LOL

Edit: You are actually a tard, if I only waited 3.5-4 hours and got in at 5 I wouldn't be quite so sour. Please edit your post to say 7pm at least.

Endnote: People who pushed in are still going to get free passes. This annoys me greatly.

denies the day
05-31-2007, 11:30 PM
OMG NO WAI

I just checked my email. PF, is this really true??

OMG

Elazarus
05-31-2007, 11:58 PM
I want to say thank you GV for the complimentry 3-days passes, I will now definately be making the trip again next year.

bumper31
06-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Way to go GV and PF...I was prevaricating about coming next year but now my mind is made up......

Thanks a lot.......almost makes the wait worthwhile ;)

But has to apologising to GV because they apolgised to me......hmmmmmm, I don't think so.

I will accept the offer gratiously and the matter has now been dropped.

Furthermore it states in the email the free tickets can be printed off....hahahahahaha :D

artgutser
06-01-2007, 05:43 AM
I got the email too. Thanks guys.

nic_ball
06-01-2007, 05:55 AM
Now free 3 day passes are pretty cool for all us will callers! unfortunatley i hid in the campsite bar until they just let us all in, i didn't fancy getting sunstroke cuz it was pretty hot on the friday. free tickets very very cool, but its a hell of a long way to travel and quite expensive for us in the uk so free tickets are always a good incentive. roll on 2008 cheers for the graceful apology GV, much appreciated.

malakian
06-01-2007, 06:25 AM
^word! I'm going back because of this. Fantastic repayment for making me stand in the sun 3 hours...really a day ticket would have been a suprising apology, but the whole 3 days? That's good. I did get sun stroke and was angry, but still I think this is quite heavy handed compensation. I'm not complaining, though!

el_chaman
06-01-2007, 08:39 AM
what??? I didnīt got any email??? I hope, it gets in later, my email has been a little slow lately... I hope

MrSheen
06-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Got my email this afternoon. What a good way to start the weekend!! And the sun seems to have come out to mark the occasion seeing as it's been shitty here in the UK virtually since we got back!

I wasn't expecting it at all, so it's a welcome surprise. No way any of the UK festivals would do anything like this. Next year we're gonna try and do Coachella & Bonnaroo in the same trip!!! :D

gorazd
06-01-2007, 10:37 AM
First, the Glasto Line-Up Announcement (of course never as good as Coachella)
and then this email...

Thank you!

Dode BCK
06-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Got an email today as well.Many thanks GV and PF

Billy_Shears
06-01-2007, 12:13 PM
got my email...came all the way from brazil and the will call mess was REALLY frustrating after travelling such a long way and having such high hopes.

coachella and gv showed enormous respect for their public.

after this initiative, i can say ill make all the way back to the valley in 2008

pachequizimo
06-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Thank god GV did something, there were so much people from mexico that travelled thousands of miles to get to Coachella complaining about the festival will call organization and many promised not to go back ever.

But this news are very well received.

Does somebody knows how does this work? Will they give one complementary pass for each purchase on 2008 tickets or 1 pass for each will call ticket for the festival on 2007 or what? does somebody know?

back4more
06-01-2007, 06:07 PM
I just heard about this from a mate of mine who got free tix for next year. When were these emails sent out? I never got one.

krunchy
06-01-2007, 06:41 PM
As far as I know, not every single international ticket gets an e-mail, only really the poor unfortunates who arrived about 1 - the time of the shitstorm. Apparently before that it was rather easy to get your tickets, but everyone arrived at once at 1pm...

Either way, festivals are always good with crazy international guests to make things interesting. Definitely going to improve the festival in that regard.

Now this thread is a big happy party!

crazzz2007
06-01-2007, 06:59 PM
i wonder how gv is going to determine who gets free tickets. i mean, someone could have gotten to the will call line at 8pm and waited 20 minutes to get in. others could have gotten in line at 1 and waited for 6 hours.

SubBass49
06-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Maybe it will be related to the time at which your ticket's barcode wa scanned...if they kep track of that stuff...

crazzz2007
06-02-2007, 12:15 AM
i'm sure some assholes who cut into the will call line and waited just a few minutes will end up getting free tickets.

krunchy
06-02-2007, 07:38 AM
i'm sure some assholes who cut into the will call line and waited just a few minutes will end up getting free tickets.

Yeah it kinda pisses me off that some people are going to get the generosity of GV here when they either cut in line or turned up late anyway. These things are not my business, and are obviously something GV accounted for when they allocated these tickets. It seems it's more important to them to apologise to the people who have been properly wronged than to exclude the ones that fucked everyone over.
But, with any luck, by the laws of Earl, they will end up rotting in a thailand jail with 20 grams of smack in their arse. These things happen. It will be beautiful to see on the front cover of the sydney morning herald. The world has it's ways.

Yes, I am drunk.

Subbass - i love you :-D

krunchy
06-02-2007, 07:42 AM
PF is awesome btw. She called me for 68mins and fronted the bill to make things right. If she needs children I will totally donate.

Long conversation, many things I plan to leave out of this thread, but good times and lots of condolences. GV did indeed deliver, and it seems everyone is in love with them again.

fatboy192
06-02-2007, 08:30 AM
wasn't planning to make the trip next year to coachella from scotland but some free tickets has changed my mind pretty quickly, thank's gv and pf all is forgiven glad to see that some festival organisers actualy give a fu*k. this kind of thing would never happen in the uk, not a chance!!
any one know if it is possable to upgrade the tickets to vip at a small fee??

psychic friend
06-02-2007, 08:53 AM
krunchy has a nice accent... mmmmm

el_chaman
06-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Well still I havenīt received anything... any chance it got lost in the email? It would really suck if I didnīt receive anything, read some post above my long rant. I still hope GV does the right thing (it has with everyone in here I can see) so I could join all the happy folks around.

PlayaDelWes
06-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Hey, I started this thread and I didn't get any email :(

SubBass49
06-02-2007, 10:02 AM
So yeah...I don't want to be an "I told you so" kind of person, but I had faith all along that GV DOES care about it's fans...but the people that wanted stuff solved IMMEDIATELY were being unrealistic. Something like this takes time to arrange (and probably hurts GV's finances A LOT). But regardless, I'm glad you all love them again.

I just hope this doesn't hurt their ability to bring in top-notch acts and run a quality festival in the future...damn...I hadn't thought about that angle of it yet...any idea how many tickets are going to be given away and what the dollar amount is in terms of the financial hit GV will be taking?

luckyface
06-02-2007, 10:30 AM
krunchy has a nice accent... mmmmm

They are totally going to hook up next year.

krunchy
06-02-2007, 07:53 PM
So yeah...I don't want to be an "I told you so" kind of person, but I had faith all along that GV DOES care about it's fans...but the people that wanted stuff solved IMMEDIATELY were being unrealistic. Something like this takes time to arrange (and probably hurts GV's finances A LOT). But regardless, I'm glad you all love them again.

I just hope this doesn't hurt their ability to bring in top-notch acts and run a quality festival in the future...damn...I hadn't thought about that angle of it yet...any idea how many tickets are going to be given away and what the dollar amount is in terms of the financial hit GV will be taking?

I thought a month was a little long, but they didn't really have to give us free tickets. They did, that is awesome, but I would have been happy with an apology (you should know that by now!) and an apology shouldn't take 4 weeks.

BUT! Co-ordinating a couple of thousand free 3 day passes may take some time. And yes, my phonecall to PF was like music festival phonesex. I tied her kangaroo down, sport.

Tour guide position still available - come in january so you can see what a clusterfuck big day out is.

SubBass49
06-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Just so ya'll know...I have a real strong feeling that PF was instrumental in the free tickets apology. Call it a hunch, but I think without her help it wouldn't have happened.

BROKENDOLL
06-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Now this thread is a big happy party! Well it was until another asshole decides to continue ranting! Most so far seem to appreciate the apology and gift instead of expecting it...

krunchy
06-03-2007, 04:21 AM
Just so ya'll know...I have a real strong feeling that PF was instrumental in the free tickets apology. Call it a hunch, but I think without her help it wouldn't have happened.

Dude it's not going to work. Me and PF are already going to have babies. We only want one.

SubBass49
06-03-2007, 06:34 AM
Not really sure what you're talking about with, "it's not going to work"...but oh well.

Peace.

krunchy
06-03-2007, 06:24 PM
I want more happy people. This thread hasn't reached it's happy potential!

Ill_Eagle
06-03-2007, 10:20 PM
I want more happy people. This thread hasn't reached it's happy potential!

OMG im so happy that pf called you but she didnt call me!!! /sarcasm

seriously pf call me.. im a good catch... i know you love younger guys

krunchy
06-04-2007, 03:20 AM
PF! Don't listen to him! He has the AIDS and he drowns kittens!

SubBass49
06-04-2007, 04:30 AM
Goddamn Aussies and their fucked up spelling...if you're gonna make fun of AIDS you spell it with a "Z"...everyone knows that...:rolleyes

:laughyou

hitthenorth
06-04-2007, 01:17 PM
As far as I know, not every single international ticket gets an e-mail, only really the poor unfortunates who arrived about 1 - the time of the shitstorm. Apparently before that it was rather easy to get your tickets, but everyone arrived at once at 1pm...

Either way, festivals are always good with crazy international guests to make things interesting. Definitely going to improve the festival in that regard.

Now this thread is a big happy party!

Err, that's bollocks. I was standing with 'Back 4 More' in the queue and apart from the fact that he didn't almost faint like I did, his experience was was even worse than mine (check his post earlier on). I get an email and he doesn't? This looks like names were pulled out on a sodding hat to me. (Obviously I'm not complaining though, I'm just looking out for mates).

hitthenorth
06-04-2007, 01:22 PM
'

Ha ha! TicketBastard. Sorry but that really made me laugh. They really should change their name though, I mean what the fuck is a 'convenience charge'?

crazzz2007
06-04-2007, 01:31 PM
a convenience charge is just that.....a way to conveniently fatten their pockets. ticketmaster just might be the most evil company in the U.S.

crazzz2007
06-04-2007, 02:49 PM
ticket to hot ship show: $18
facility charge: $2
"convenience" charge: $7.85
"processing" charge: $4.80
ticketfast charge: $2.50
getting fucked up ass by ticketmaster: PRICELESS

krunchy
06-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Err, that's bollocks. I was standing with 'Back 4 More' in the queue and apart from the fact that he didn't almost faint like I did, his experience was was even worse than mine (check his post earlier on). I get an email and he doesn't? This looks like names were pulled out on a sodding hat to me. (Obviously I'm not complaining though, I'm just looking out for mates).

Well if you spent those keystrokes emailing GV he might have his email now ;-)

That post was so English it was awesome. Bollocks, sodding, and fainting from heat. So English.

But yeah for the poms - you guys got it the worst. I've seen you bitch in your own summer and thats at like 28 degrees. Sitting in line for hours at 40 or so degrees would have been torture for you. We had a pom next to us that we kept shovelling water down his throat and he was still totally fucked at the end. Sunstroke and a half for that kid, he probably went to the campsite and went to sleep...

If you didnt get an email - email - they're being totally cool about this.

el_chaman
06-04-2007, 08:17 PM
If you didnt get an email - email - they're being totally cool about this.

I think I will, do you by any chance know to which mail write them so they would listen?

krunchy
06-05-2007, 01:14 AM
I think I will, do you by any chance know to which mail write them so they would listen?

I hate to do it to her, but maybe just PM PF...you could grab an email off the net but she is the best way to go.

psychic friend
06-05-2007, 08:45 AM
no.. email info@coachella.com that is always the way to go

bumper31
06-05-2007, 01:15 PM
That post was so English it was awesome. Bollocks, sodding, and fainting from heat. So English.

But yeah for the poms - you guys got it the worst. I've seen you bitch in your own summer and thats at like 28 degrees. .

28 degrees is a fookin heat wave......

If it wasn't for those pesky americans pumping out all that C02........

meyouseek
06-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Hey, why didn't GV do anything about the heat? They could have at least put up some shade... and hired extra staff for friday.

I simply can't believe PF's assertion that it was the result of stupid customers (and I'm a more than a little offended). I've been to more shows than I can count and I've never seen such a slow line for will call.

GV should apologize and do a lot better next year. Personally, I'll still make sure I have my ticket already in my hot and sweaty hand.

SubBass49
06-05-2007, 05:29 PM
...because a free 3-day pass isn't an apology? You can pass yours on to me if it doesn't satisfy you...seriously...

krunchy
06-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Hey, why didn't GV do anything about the heat? They could have at least put up some shade... and hired extra staff for friday.

I simply can't believe PF's assertion that it was the result of stupid customers (and I'm a more than a little offended). I've been to more shows than I can count and I've never seen such a slow line for will call.

GV should apologize and do a lot better next year. Personally, I'll still make sure I have my ticket already in my hot and sweaty hand.

Dude where were you like a week ago. Things are all sorted now and they have apologised with gusto!

There were some dumbarses but there was one fuckwit that got his just desserts...he waited a while and decided to push in, total posterboy for an American wanker. Pushed in front of me which was rather unimpressive, and the temptation to belt him was overwhelming. Being a good boy, as always, I just did the colonial politeness and said "you know you pushed in front of me" he said "yeah, i know, i don't care" I asked how long he had waited and he said about 3 hours, so he goes up to the window and the douchebag was supposed to go to the box office - where there was no line. He took his time at the window bitching about getting his tickets, but those 2mins were sweet sweet victory, and also one of many reasons why the stupid lines took so long.

That and having 4 windows of course, but wankers will be wankers, and socal seems to have no shortage of them!