PDA

View Full Version : is the parking and leaving always that

HEADSTRUCK
04-28-2007, 04:26 AM
unorganized? they didnt seem to what they were doing. they parked in on side of road facing the wrong way 2 leave.....it was a mess........

gaypalmsprings
04-28-2007, 07:00 AM
yes

HEADSTRUCK
04-28-2007, 07:03 AM
u think they would try 2 fix it then......

gaypalmsprings
04-28-2007, 07:04 AM
you would think

eric2019
04-28-2007, 12:10 PM
I thought it was better last year....

poisonchef
04-28-2007, 03:49 PM
it was some idiots who blocked the 2 main parking lot roads up front and people trying to squeeze through making a one lane road into a 3 lane road :(

whats funny is I left right after interpol and the parking lot was dead and I couldnt find my vehicle (wish I woulda put up a balloon) soon as I found it people started coming out and BAM! like a clogged artery we were stuck like a turtle who tripped...

My thanks goes out to those that sacrificed and volunteered their courage and lives to guide moron traffic so that the world can be more peacefull and unified place... next time i'll run you over if you let anyone get in front of me again.

the909
04-28-2007, 11:04 PM
I left mid way through rhcp tonight and the parking lot was dead so it was easy to get out of there.Tomorrow will be a disaster :mad: i need to not park in that damn lot three and forget about getting off on jefferson.

Kiefer
04-30-2007, 09:59 PM
i would say of all the years i've been, this was the absolute worst. i left early sat. and sunday, because i basically feared for my life during the whole 'leaving friday night' thing. the whole time it was all ambulance sirens and people honking and getting out of cars and yelling at each other and shit. i'm writing a fucking physical letter, not an email, to paul. this was absolutely terrible, and it completely negates when everyone says 'coachella is so great, everyone is so cool and chilled out and its just a great vibe.' yeah, that is, until you try to leave and everyone is a fucking retarded animal.

tubescape
05-01-2007, 08:21 AM
they get better each year getting people in and seemingly worse getting people out. it took me 1 hour to go 75 yds. why? because the nice line of cars that was waiting patiently to leave got f*cked by all the jerks who got out of line to the left and right, drove 10 yds ahead and then cut in. i sat there looking at the SINGLE exit to lot 4 and then witnessed the worst bottleneck of cars i have ever seen.

ashtraygrl
05-01-2007, 09:16 AM
i thought the whole thing was uncalled for. i expected delays. i didn't expect to sit in a parking lot for hours because some asshat forgot to unlock a gate.

i didn't expect to spend hours trying to park because people not really doing much were randomly waving cars in to circle full parking lots or to park in haphazzard directions.

they need BETTER parking lot staff and MORE of them.

antpeople
05-01-2007, 09:26 AM
I rode a bike and it was the worst year on a bike. (4th coachella) I really think that they get the lot attentents into SEPARATE groups to give different directions to...just to make it a hard to get out.

unknown
05-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Friday was a mess for me but Saturday and Sunday.... parked in a great spot in a great lot near an exit going towards Washington. It was a long walk to the entrance but afterwards we made it out and to the hotel in less than 1 hour.

<<MATT>>
05-01-2007, 10:09 AM
I've got a good story for those of us frustrated by the go-around assholes who are too good to sit patiently in a single file line.

Sunday about 3pm I'm sitting on ave 52 waiting to turn left into Lot 4 and along comes numnuts in a silver sedan deciding he's in a big hurry and uses the shoulder to zoom up front and crash the entrance. Well the Best Traffic Cop in the history of roads sees this too and waves the guy past the entrance, not letting him in to the lot. haha I can hear the cheering as numnuts is rejected and made to miss his turn!! RIGHT ON, FAR OUT, and AMEN, buy that Indio policeman a bottle of ice cold water!

Then it gets better. Numnuts is too good to wait in line remember? So he passes the entrance and flips a U turn into the other line of cars waiting for the entrance, cutting in front of 500 more people and pushing his way in! BUT the Best Traffic Cop in the history of roads is on duty here people and he sees it all happen. So BTC tells numnuts to STOP right there... and numnuts hits the gas instead, blasting right by BTC almost running him over! haha I'm getting all jumpy just from the memory of this! effing drama!

So... BTC blows a f**King gasket and chases after numnuts on foot, purple veins bulging from neck, yelling at the dumbshit to stop right now. I don't think numnuts would have stopped either but he hit some traffic just as BTC put a hand on the fender in a total unrestrained rage now.

Numnuts had to stop and probly tried to offer some lame excuse but he was getting screamed down and pointed at repeatedly when I passed by, hopefully a full body cavity search ensued. I would have handed BTC a bottle of water in appreciation but he was madder than a hornet so I just had a laugh and went to park.

Karma was alive and well and I got to see it happen. Hey GV how bout some tall orange cones next year to help guide the numnuts drivers of the world?

:thu

RADIOFACE
05-01-2007, 10:17 AM
they need to hire sherpas to run/direct coachella

Courtney
05-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Ahahha Matt that story makes me happy.

It seems like exiting lot 4 was the worst this year. Also, Ave 52 was uncharacteristically bumper-to-bumper on Saturday afternoon all the way back to the traffic circle, which sucked. I need a new "secret" route.

<<MATT>>
05-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Courtney - I know! 52 used to be the old back way around. I didn't tell anyone I swear. Maybe if everyone tries a new shortcut next year we'll get our old one back?

DredheadV2.0
05-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Parked in lot Two, and was on the Ten out of Indio within fifteen minutes of getting to the car. I have no idea what it was like on the other nights coz I was camping, but it was the fastest I've ever left a concert that wasn't held in a local venue. When I saw Tool last year in Chicago, it took me an hour to get out.

djoz187
05-01-2007, 01:41 PM
It was all about lots 1 & 5! It was so easy to get out! We parked in 1 Saturday and 5 on Sunday and got out pretty quick. We parked in lot 2 the first night and getting out sucked, going up Jefferson is hell, going up Monroe was way better!

fatbastard
05-01-2007, 02:10 PM
I didn't have a problem with the parking. There has always been a wait from the main street to the parking entrance. Other than that, all was good.

thaipod
05-01-2007, 02:42 PM
I've got a good story for those of us frustrated by the go-around assholes who are too good to sit patiently in a single file line.

Sunday about 3pm I'm sitting on ave 52 waiting to turn left into Lot 4 and along comes numnuts in a silver sedan deciding he's in a big hurry and uses the shoulder to zoom up front and crash the entrance. Well the Best Traffic Cop in the history of roads sees this too and waves the guy past the entrance, not letting him in to the lot. haha I can hear the cheering as numnuts is rejected and made to miss his turn!! RIGHT ON, FAR OUT, and AMEN, buy that Indio policeman a bottle of ice cold water!

Then it gets better. Numnuts is too good to wait in line remember? So he passes the entrance and flips a U turn into the other line of cars waiting for the entrance, cutting in front of 500 more people and pushing his way in! BUT the Best Traffic Cop in the history of roads is on duty here people and he sees it all happen. So BTC tells numnuts to STOP right there... and numnuts hits the gas instead, blasting right by BTC almost running him over! haha I'm getting all jumpy just from the memory of this! effing drama!

So... BTC blows a f**King gasket and chases after numnuts on foot, purple veins bulging from neck, yelling at the dumbshit to stop right now. I don't think numnuts would have stopped either but he hit some traffic just as BTC put a hand on the fender in a total unrestrained rage now.

Numnuts had to stop and probly tried to offer some lame excuse but he was getting screamed down and pointed at repeatedly when I passed by, hopefully a full body cavity search ensued. I would have handed BTC a bottle of water in appreciation but he was madder than a hornet so I just had a laugh and went to park.

Karma was alive and well and I got to see it happen. Hey GV how bout some tall orange cones next year to help guide the numnuts drivers of the world?

:thu

awesome story! Haha!

gruvlicius
05-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Yeah...the Desert Sun Newspaper that was delivered each morning to our hotel said in the Coachella article "Now the concert-goers know the local's secret" and proceeded to tell exactly how to come down Washington to 52! That day, Sunday, the traffic was a bitch. Fucking reporters. I had to get out of the car a few blocks from the parking lot and run in that heat to catch Explosions in the Sky. They were well worth the energy I expended, though. Awesome!
**Lauren**

gruvlicius
05-01-2007, 04:21 PM
We had no trouble getting out all three nights. Left after DJ Shadow Friday, in the middle of the Rapture Saturday, and long before Rage on Sunday. The crowd got too aggro for this indie rocker by Willie on Sunday.
**Lauren**

woogie846
05-01-2007, 04:39 PM
u think they would try 2 fix it then......

Well, first of all, they have a very limited space to get cars in and out and that is out of their control.

bjorkgudmonstirrur
05-01-2007, 05:44 PM
thank you for that story....i LOVED it

<<MATT>>
05-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Yeah...the Desert Sun Newspaper that was delivered each morning to our hotel said in the Coachella article "Now the concert-goers know the local's secret" and proceeded to tell exactly how to come down Washington to 52! That day, Sunday, the traffic was a bitch. Fucking reporters. I had to get out of the car a few blocks from the parking lot and run in that heat to catch Explosions in the Sky. They were well worth the energy I expended, though. Awesome!
**Lauren**

AHHH the damn newspaper did it... bastards. Thanks alot newspaper.

beerbyatch
05-01-2007, 08:15 PM
I was in Lot 4 for Sat and Sun and it was really no problem getting out. The problem was the shuttle I took on Friday-great to get in but I didn't get to hotel till 3am even though I left partway through Bjork (!!) so I could catch it at midnight. The driver was really nice but they wouldn't let him go where he needed to to pick up everyone...

And yes, the paper telling the Washington/52 route SUCKED.

MarkO
05-01-2007, 09:10 PM
What time where you guys going in ? I went in ~1pm each day and got in no problem. Fri & Sat were a wreck getting out but Sunday was fine.

mozabilly54
05-02-2007, 07:23 AM
it was great for me! i parked in lot 2 all three days. it took like 15 minutes to get in and 5 minutes to get out. it was awesome.