PDA

View Full Version : Oh my God!

Adam2uBer
04-27-2007, 05:40 PM
In the 6 years I've been living here, I've never seen such terrible traffic.

At around 4PM, I go to drop my friend off on 52nd + Jefferson (roundabout to camping) after school, and thank God my lacrosse coach warned me ahead of time about the traffic since he lives on 49th + Jefferson. Jefferson was packed. From the freeway to 50th. A 5 minute drive could have turned into a 1+ hour(s) journey for me.

I wish I posted alternate routes for you guys earlier. I feel bad.

To anyone coming in town this weekend...take the Madison exit. It'll pretty much take you straight down to the venue which is on 50th.

OR

Take the Washington exit and take a left onto 50th. Since Jefferson is parallel and is the most packed.

Jefferson exit is in between the Washington and Madison exit. Jefferson will definately be bumper to bumper this entire weekend.

TomAz
04-28-2007, 08:59 AM
yeah i took washington to 50th yesterday and it was faster. (that was early though, like about 1:30 or 2). 50th is still bumper to bumper from jefferson on in but at least you miss the shit on jefferson.

ILikeCheese
04-28-2007, 10:07 AM
washington is the easiest alt route. i took it around 4 (peak of traffic) and as fine, waited 10 mins traffic max...

Adam2uBer
04-28-2007, 06:40 PM
washington is the easiest alt route. i took it around 4 (peak of traffic) and as fine, waited 10 mins traffic max...
Ya, I took Washington+50 at around the same time.

My jaw was dropped the whole time I was driving back to my house. I live near Jefferson+Miles.

RockaPotaMus
04-29-2007, 10:39 PM
The Desert Sun paper commented on the 'secret' route getting out. Washington to 52nd St. Which is about the same as 50th. I took Washington from Palm Desert. Not to bad. I avoided the traffic cops, acting confused and posing a question to them in the middle of the intersection, and in their frustration told me to just go on in. Took about 2 min for me! Ha.

airguitarvet
04-30-2007, 06:10 AM
not so bad-

best thread ever

ewiggy
04-30-2007, 07:23 AM
i took either monroe or jackson all three days and only ever waited for about 20 minutes in slow traffic, and that was at the end of sunday night.

word.