PDA

View Full Version : Best Route to/from PS?

Bensmom
04-27-2007, 06:23 AM
What's the best surface streets to/from PS? (I might be too tired to drive on freeway.) We're arriving in the area late afternoon/early eve today, Friday.

DazedandConfused
04-27-2007, 08:30 AM
I-10 is probably your best bet and exit Jefferson. If you use surface streets you are going to have to continually jog rt. (P.S. don't take Hwy 111)
If you must avoid the Freeway - From P.S. Take Vista Chino East, RT on Date Palm, heading S to Gerald Ford (make a L ) heading East again to Monterey, make a RT at Monterey, heading S again to Country Club - make a L onto Country Club - (heading East again) to Washington and make another RT onto Wash. Continue S to HWY 111, Make a L onto HWY 111 and continue to Jefferson (just past Costco) and make a RT. FOLLOW SIGNS TO COACHELLA

eric2019
04-28-2007, 12:14 PM
I-10 is probably your best bet and exit Jefferson. If you use surface streets you are going to have to continually jog rt. (P.S. don't take Hwy 111)
If you must avoid the Freeway - From P.S. Take Vista Chino East, RT on Date Palm, heading S to Gerald Ford (make a L ) heading East again to Monterey, make a RT at Monterey, heading S again to Country Club - make a L onto Country Club - (heading East again) to Washington and make another RT onto Wash. Continue S to HWY 111, Make a L onto HWY 111 and continue to Jefferson (just past Costco) and make a RT. FOLLOW SIGNS TO COACHELLA

Get there as early as possible to avoid the parking line. The later you are, the less traffic there'll be but there'll always lines.

I got to Coachella late last night . Took 30 minutes from getting to Ave 51(?) where they start directing traffic to parking. Last year I remember waiting close to 45 minutes and that was at the beginning of the day.

e