PDA

View Full Version : who will be selling friday tix in parking lot?

amdux
04-26-2007, 11:19 PM
i just might have $20 for you come friday night

DeltaSigChi4
04-26-2007, 11:24 PM
One time some asshole try to lowball me in regards to these tickets.

I rejected his first offer, and he waited until the show was about to begin.

He doubled his first insulting offer, and asked for double the tickets [first offer was for two, second for four] ... so basically he offered me the same garbage.

I instead happily ate the fucking tickets. I will give tickets away to people who will appreciate the show if I can't move them, but I will NEVER accept some dick's lowball offers for tickets that I invested in. I'd rather eat the fucking things and leave the seats empty. Don't waste my time and don't insult me.

That's my stance. I hope that worthless motherfucker couldn't find extra tickets at the venue, and ended up having to return home.

E

amdux
04-26-2007, 11:45 PM
whoa there brother.....i already got tickets, but there's the possibility that i might need to re-enter venue later in the night.....not trying to insult people....just trying to help them out (next time, i won't make explicit $ offers)

:cool:

p.s. upon reflection, i realize that my initial post could be seen as given in an insulting or derogatory manner....my apologies :sorry

JOEJOEJOE
04-26-2007, 11:49 PM

He doubled his first insulting offer, and asked for double the tickets [first offer was for two, second for four] ... so basically he offered me the same garbage.

I instead happily ate the fucking tickets. I will give tickets away to people who will appreciate the show if I can't move them, but I will NEVER accept some dick's lowball offers for tickets that I invested in. I'd rather eat the fucking things and leave the seats empty. Don't waste my time and don't insult me.

That's my stance. I hope that worthless motherfucker couldn't find extra tickets at the venue, and ended up having to return home.

E

geez, man, if you are gonna try to be a businessman, learn to handle yourself as`such. Scalpers are almost as bad a car sales people, so, of course, possible customers aren't going to act very cordial to you.

Whe you are selling tickets on the venue grounds, you are breaking the law, so perhaps you shouldn't feel so "insulted". Its not like you are a doctor or a legitimate businessman. You are just a speculator who has no respect for the promoter's right to be the only ticket source on the premises of their event.

Its funny how scalpers feel so powerful just because they have tickets for something.

Get over yourself, my amigo!
:)

DeltaSigChi4
04-26-2007, 11:58 PM
List the law/statue/whatever that is broken when a ticket to an event in the state of California is re-sold at venue grounds?

Enlighten me, please.

Idiot.

E

amdux
04-27-2007, 09:01 AM
PENAL CODE
SECTION 346-368

346. Any person who, without the written permission of the owner or
operator of the property on which an entertainment event is to be
held or is being held, sells a ticket of admission to the
entertainment event, which was obtained for the purpose of resale, at
any price which is in excess of the price that is printed or
endorsed upon the ticket, while on the grounds of or in the stadium,
arena, theater, or other place where an event for which admission
tickets are sold is to be held or is being held, is guilty of a
misdemeanor.

:thu

hisironlung
04-27-2007, 09:18 AM
fuck that. if you can sell tickets on craigslist and ebay, selling tickets to people who need them last minute being illegal is a load of shit.

butterz
04-27-2007, 09:33 AM
you can sell them at the venue, it just has to be less than or equal to face value

JOEJOEJOE
04-30-2007, 11:11 AM
List the law/statue/whatever that is broken when a ticket to an event in the state of California is re-sold at venue grounds?

Enlighten me, please.

Idiot.

E

You are the idiot for for calling someone an idiot just because you think you know everything.

Were you this much of a jerk before you joined a frat, or did you gain the false sense of self-esteem when you got initiated?

Were you one of the bros wearing a backwards beaseball cap at the fest..I guess the frat boys wear them backwards so that they can blow their bros on demand!

DeltaSigChi4
04-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Amdux: Where does it say it is illegal to resale a Friday ticket for face value or below?

Joe-Tri: You're an idiot.

E

JOEJOEJOE
04-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Amdux: Where does it say it is illegal to resale a Friday ticket for face value or below?

Joe-Tri: You're an idiot.

E

The Empire polo grounds are private property, so they can set any sort of resale policy they want.....it may not garner an arrest, but it may garner an ejection from the grounds.

Good Days Last
04-30-2007, 12:58 PM

E

I think I need some clarity...
So the dude first asked for 2 tickets for a "lowball" price
and you declined.

He came back later and asked for 4 tickets at double the price of his first offer...

and you ate the tickets?

I mean, to prove a point you ate the tickets and got nary a penny in return for what you invested in them?

DeltaSigChi4
04-30-2007, 01:22 PM
The Empire polo grounds are private property, so they can set any sort of resale policy they want.....it may not garner an arrest, but it may garner an ejection from the grounds.

Yes, and drugs are grounds for ejection from the grounds, but that didn't stop 60% of the festival-goers from consuming in the open.

Did you even go to the fucking thing, Joe-tri?

Imbecile.

E

DeltaSigChi4
04-30-2007, 01:25 PM
I mean, to prove a point you ate the tickets and got nary a penny in return for what you invested in them?

I'd rather eat tickets than be insulted. I'd rather give tickets away than receive lowball bullshit offers from worthless fucks. Get a job. Don't waste my time.

Did that help any? It's called principle[s].

E

Good Days Last
04-30-2007, 01:28 PM
I'd rather eat tickets than be insulted. I'd rather give tickets away than receive lowball bullshit offers from worthless fucks. Get a job. Don't waste my time.

Did that help any? It's called principle[s].

E

Yeah, just making sure. I was kinda like... "But... the object of scalping tickets is to make money", (and I'm sure you have another job than just scalping) but I see the principle involved.

JOEJOEJOE
04-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Yes, and drugs are grounds for ejection from the grounds, but that didn't stop 60% of the festival-goers from consuming in the open.

Did you even go to the fucking thing, Joe-tri?

Imbecile.

E

Yes, I did go to the damn thing....and, I think I saw you....the lame frat boy with the backwards baseball cap?

DULLARD

DeltaSigChi4
04-30-2007, 03:54 PM
I wasn't wearing a baseball cap, douche.

I was wearing an Impeach Bush bandanna.*

E

* presuming you're referring to Sunday