PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, luv the msg board

neonviolent
01-02-2007, 06:59 PM
I woke up this morning to an email from...the message board wishing me a Happy Birthday.

Hello neonviolent,

We at Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival Message Board would like to wish you a happy birthday today!

It was both random and adorable. Has this happened to anyone else yet?

menikmati
01-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Happy Birthday :cat

kamikaze girlfriend
01-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Yay, birthday!

amyzzz
01-03-2007, 10:23 AM
That's awesome. I always get birthday emails from the radio station websites I've signed up for. It seems cooler to get it from the Coachella message board.

nothingman00
01-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Happy belated, neonviolent.

nothingman00
01-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Happy belated, neonviolent. (How many posts until one becomes a non-lurker, sheesh.)

thefunkylama
01-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Happy Birthday! Hasn't happened to me yet but I'm a September baby (so there you have it).

30 = Member.

neonviolent
01-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Thank you for the birthday wishes. This was the big "three oh" that I've been dreading...

Milestone birthdays

1st - your first year of life in this world
5th - not a baby anymore, welcome to being a kid
13th - oh the teenage years
16th - keys please
18th - legally independent
21th - legal drinking age
30th - you're just OLD

Actually, it's been a great year and I don't think I'd want to go back. I like the sense of calm and understanding you get as you get older, things just don't seem as dramatic or immediate as they did in your teens and early twenties and even though life seems to move at breakneck speeds, I enjoy the moments more.

thefunkylama
01-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Don't forget:

19 - think you know everything
20 - find out you don't even know where to begin

:)

bug on your lip
01-04-2007, 01:17 PM
14 - old enough to date Caco

nothingman00
01-04-2007, 01:56 PM
27- if you want to overdose like a rock star, this is the year to do it.

TomAz
01-04-2007, 03:00 PM
neonviolent why did you end at 30? do you not see any more milestones in your future?

thefunkylama
01-05-2007, 08:59 AM
102 - Outlived every relative you ever had

amyzzz
01-05-2007, 11:42 AM
26 - "26 years on my way to hell!"

I got married and pregnant in my 26th year, so...yeah.

neonviolent
01-06-2007, 12:15 PM
-funkylama

this is so true....

neonviolent why did you end at 30? do you not see any more milestones in your future?
-tomaz

*smiles*
No, there a many more to come. The next ones will be more personal like the day I FINALLY GRADUATE and witnessing the milestones of my little boy such as last Tuesday when he lost his first tooth so that now he has a gap on the bottom to match his natural gap on top.

I think that birthdays are good points of reflection but I want to use them as motivators rather than "why am I not this" and "why can't I be there" which something I found myself doing as the birthday approached. But then I sat down and wrote down everything I did in the last few years starting with the birth of my son and realized that I'd come a hell of a long way from where I started and to give myself some credit. So I did. And I also bought an enormous bar of Cadbury chocolate and listened to Tom Wait's Nighthawks at the Diner and all was good with the world.

-amyzzzz

It's nice to meet another parent on the board :)

amyzzz
01-06-2007, 03:32 PM
-funkylama

this is so true....

-tomaz

*smiles*
No, there a many more to come. The next ones will be more personal like the day I FINALLY GRADUATE and witnessing the milestones of my little boy such as last Tuesday when he lost his first tooth so that now he has a gap on the bottom to match his natural gap on top.

I think that birthdays are good points of reflection but I want to use them as motivators rather than "why am I not this" and "why can't I be there" which something I found myself doing as the birthday approached. But then I sat down and wrote down everything I did in the last few years starting with the birth of my son and realized that I'd come a hell of a long way from where I started and to give myself some credit. So I did. And I also bought an enormous bar of Cadbury chocolate and listened to Tom Wait's Nighthawks at the Diner and all was good with the world.

-amyzzzz

It's nice to meet another parent on the board :)

When I was little, I always thought of THE YEAR 2000 as a sort of milestone, and I always wondered where I'd be at come the year 2000. That coincided with being 26 (as in the post above), so I was actually married and pregnant that year and then gave birth to my daughter in June 2000. That year always seemed so freakish and sci-fi when I was young, and here we are in 2007. Crazy.

menikmati
01-06-2007, 03:39 PM
I thought 2000 was the future

neonviolent
01-07-2007, 11:24 AM
In 2000 I was back in San Diego after spending too many years living in the desert. I was on a rooftop with my roommate and a group of people I've never met before and we were screaming "It's the year 2000 and we're alive" because we thought we were going to die. For them, I'm sure it was just fun and sarcastic, but for me... I meant it. I'd survived. I'd lived through my past and I was looking towards the future. In 5 days I would be moving to Chicago. In 10 months I would conceive my first child. I would watch a new president be elected that would change the lives of many of my good friends.

I believed too that 2000 was the future, and in reality, it was the first step towards many changes and in a lot of way, that one year locked in my life as I know it. I was finally grounded.

All That I Am
01-09-2007, 11:56 PM
I don't ever get birfday love from websites?

Sleepingrock
01-01-2010, 11:05 PM
HAPPY BIRFDAY

luv the msg board

HunterGather
01-01-2010, 11:48 PM
lolz @ this thread

paulthomasanderson
01-02-2010, 10:19 AM
When I was little, I always thought of THE YEAR 2000 as a sort of milestone, and I always wondered where I'd be at come the year 2000. That coincided with being 26 (as in the post above), so I was actually married and pregnant that year and then gave birth to my daughter in June 2000. That year always seemed so freakish and sci-fi when I was young, and here we are in 2007. Crazy.

Wish to revisit that post now, Amy? :D