PDA

View Full Version : Coachella is now a festival for the rich

Sexecutioner
01-24-2007, 10:43 PM
seriously...$250 (+ ass rape service charge) for a 3 day pass, and thats not including cost of travel, place to stay, and food/drink/party supplies.

GV figured it out. now they can make more money off the same amount of bands by spreading it out. Now its 3 days, and they somehow charge more for each day, even though there are less bands per day, and they make way more money. GV, i thought you were different, but now i see you are just the same as everybody else. good job you blood sucking assholes.

dont get me wrong, i love coachella, but partly cuz it used to me more about quality music and less about the almighty dollar that dominates the rest of the entertainment industry. but now it seems to be evening out. still a great lineup, but way too expensive.

thank god i make decent money or i wouldnt be able to enjoy all this good music. sucks for the hard core music fans that dont have the luxury of being rich (not that i am, but i live comfortably, until april. then i eat top roman for a couple months). not everybody has an extra $500 (at the very least) to go see a good festival. i liked it better when it was 2 days, $75/day, and just as many bands, and i only had to take 1 day off work, not 2.

as a staple of the coachella lineup once said...

"cash in now honey!"

$$$$$$$

modeux
01-24-2007, 10:50 PM
hallelujah.

arbouler
01-24-2007, 10:56 PM
dont go then...

fober
01-24-2007, 11:09 PM
hahahah poor people suck

tessalasset
01-24-2007, 11:29 PM
So, at first, as I was reading this, I thought "Damn, he's right. They just spread out the bands and charged us more money." But then I realized....exactly how many bands do we MISS because of overlapping set times every year? The three-day set up actually enables you to see more bands than you would if they were all squished together into two days. Plus, ticket prices usually rise about $5 every year, which is just keeping up with the cost of living. Gas prices get ridiculous and touring becomes more costly for bands, for starters. You're getting pissed because tickets are $12 more than they were three years ago? Hotels are more expensive now because they've finally wisened (is that a word?) up to the fact that tens of thousands of people descend onto their little town at the same time every year. Camping is $11 more expensive than the first year I went (2004), but HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT THEY OFFER? Dude, camping in 2004 was like a wasteland. I swear to god they had a bar there last year. And chairs in the shade with music playing and an outdoor movie and better food... I mean, sure, the prices are higher, but that's just cause GV is giving us better shit every year.

suprefan
01-24-2007, 11:56 PM
Yeah camping is awesome, its so amazing now. Everyone thinks a cushy hotel is the way to go but GV has provided everything pretty much on the camp grounds. So free wireless internet, a bar and good food to eat with 24 hour security,showers with hot water and your own festival entrance is not good enough? You are on crack if you dont believe this is a steal and half....

Sexecutioner
01-25-2007, 12:22 AM
i actually havent camped, so i dont know what thats like, but im sure its fun, and a good deal for the price. and no, i dont stay in a cushy hotel, my friends and i take an rv every year. the only way to roll! :)

wasnt it around 75 bucks/day last year though, so its risen 10 bucks per day, with an extra day. i think a 2 day pass last year was around $150 (before service charge) wasnt it? or am i off? assuming i am correct, last year it cost 100 bucks less to see the whole festival with the same amount of bands.

tessa, you make a good point about being able to see more bands, but at the same time, i think last year they did the best job ever at scheduling (at least for my tastes), so i didnt miss much that i wanted to see because of overlap. i am guessing that even though this year is more spread out, im going to see the same amount of music. sure, now there's less overlap, but that means that there is less going on at any one time, so chances are when there's nobody i know, ill be spending the time grabbing a beer, getting food, or just taking a breather. in the past, ive been rushed while doing these activities cuz ive got somewhere to go, but now i can take a little more time during the breaks. sure, sometimes i like to wander and see bands who i dont know, but i feel like there is usually so much stuff i like, that this isnt a luxury. and id rather save 100 bucks and keep it this way.

but whatever, all that being said, ill still be there loving ever second of it like every year, but thats also what pisses me off. GV knows people like us will come no matter what, so they know they can get away with charging whatever they want. argh, id boycott if i didnt love it so much. seriously...best 2 (now 3) days of the year.

suprefan
01-25-2007, 12:28 AM
Price was the same last year $85 for single day and $165 for 2 day passes... There was about 93 bands if I counted correctly.

EZE619
01-25-2007, 01:05 AM
i couldn't agree with you more. next year it'll probably be a thousand.

Mystagogue
01-25-2007, 01:40 AM
I agree that the costs are going to be significant. This year probably moreso than others due to the 3 days thing.

Some of you should be thankful you only have to pay for yourselves...I'm taking my younger brother and sister and will probably pay for everything.

-3x3 tickets...$750 right there.
Rental Car + Fuel from San Francisco
3 Nights Hotel stay
Food
Incidentals

This will be a $2000 trip.

scoop49er
01-25-2007, 06:13 AM
bottom line: 250 for 3 days is about right. its called enteertainment at the end of the day and trust me i used to work for concert promoters and the price of promoting shows is insane. its why to see the peppers by themselves is 50 bucks! its why they have golden circle tickets for groups now. hey if people didnt go the tickets would be cheaper right? you can always go to warped tour for 30 bucks. granted its run like 3rd rate farmers market, but u can always do that. :)

scoop49er
01-25-2007, 06:14 AM
gotta love my spell checking. i suck ass!! lol

Boourns
01-25-2007, 07:05 AM
I'm super excited, but I have to admit that these new changes do sound like a way to milk more money out of people, and nothing more. If you removed one of the headliners and a few of the bottom-tier acts, you would have a two-day lineup equivalent of last year's. Things being more "spread out" could be a curse and not a blessing. Maybe, maybe not, guess we'll see. I could be wrong, but it sounds like more time will be spent this year as downtime, not seeing any bands, and that's no fun. For example, last year if you wanted to keep your spot at the main stage for Sigur Ros after Kanye West, you had to wait 25-30 minutes. How long is that going to be this year? 45 minutes? An hour? So it's either sit there bored frying in the sun or get up with everyone else in the crowd as they migrate back and forth between the two stages? Normally there's 4-5 things going on at once, but if that becomes 2-3, those times where nothing at the moment appeals to you are more likely to arise. And the three tents make conflicts unavoidable, anyway. So with the extra downtime, fewer bands, and fewer big names per day, prices really should be lower per day. And what's the schedule going to be like during the early hours of the day? Last year things were as perfect as a festival could be. Awesome band after band, even at noon, logical scheduling so only a few noteworthy acts would be missed (as opposed to half of 2005's), so why fix it if it ain't broke?

Camping really owns, it has come a long way. In 2004 it was pretty hellish, with the local cops being fascists, painfully long lines, limited concessions/conveniences. But now there's a bar with karaoke, a movie screening, and presumably an internet cafe, and the general store and concessions sell a lot more things. And things are much more organized at check-in. 2004 was pretty much everyone for themselves when it came to picking a spot. 5pm seems a bit late to open the campsite, though, because that's around when I arrived last year, and there were already a lot of people already checked in. And I came around 6 in 2004 and waited hours in line to get inside, so I'd hate to see a repeat of that this year. Early bird catches the worm, but only if the worm is available early, yes?

fober
01-25-2007, 08:13 AM
The more expensive the tickets, the less dirty hippies I have to deal with.

Win.

Rezzo
01-25-2007, 08:20 AM
people love to bitch

summerkid
01-25-2007, 08:28 AM
Win at fantasy sports like me that's how I pay for my Coachella trip, if I don't make any winnings in Baseball or Football I won't be able to go ) : so it gives me extra incentive to win.

randy ricochet
01-25-2007, 08:31 AM
fuckin' students!

rsviking39
01-25-2007, 08:38 AM
Yes, it's most definitely going to be an expensive trip. Made even more so by the fact that I am coming from the midwest (Cleveland, OH) to go. I am not bitching, this is my choice. I have been going to Bonnaroo for four years now and have wanted to go to Coachella (after seeing the DVD). Until now, it made no sense to make a cross-country trip for a two day festival.

However, with it being extended to three days (and some friends relocating to Denver in the past year), I am going to check it out. I expect the same can be said for a lot of people that have held off in the past, three days does increase the price, but makes it more worthwhile for those traveling a greater distance.

I guess I don't really have a good point here, just that its not the money we spend, but the times we remember. You can't put a price on memories. So spend the money (hell, go in debt) and enjoy the experience. If you have a problem with how much its going to cost, don't go, because you are only settiing yourself up to regret it.

....and no I am not rich, I can barely afford to go, I just love music and the festival environment that much.

Sexecutioner
01-25-2007, 08:39 AM

Win.

haha, well that is one benefit to higher prices i suppose.

chunk
01-25-2007, 12:24 PM
$337.00 for tix and camping and service charges.
you can skip out on a whopping $35 if you get them at the glasshouse.
$30.00 minimum for water for the entire weekend.
$30.00 minimum for food. (you have to be a tweaker to spend that little)

it seems like $400.00 is the bare minimum to plan on budgeting for this. $450 better, $500 safe. (if youre camping)

tessalasset
01-25-2007, 12:41 PM
You forgot gas.

Sexecutioner
01-25-2007, 12:44 PM
you can skip out on a whopping $35 if you get them at the glasshouse.
$30.00 minimum for water for the entire weekend.

it seems like $400.00 is the bare minimum to plan on budgeting for this. $450 better, $500 safe. (if youre camping)

if you budget 400 for this weekend, you're are an idiot that will be pretty bummed when he runs out of money on day 1. or a robot who doesnt need much to live on. if you are a tweaker you need to factor in the cost of the tweak.

chunk
01-25-2007, 12:44 PM
You forgot gas.

youre right, but everybody is coming from all over the place. hard to get a general number down for that. these are minimum festival expenses only. no travel or hotel accommodations included in pricing.

chunk
01-25-2007, 12:45 PM
if you budget 400 for this weekend, you're are an idiot that will be pretty bummed when he runs out of money on day 1. or a robot who doesnt need much to live on. if you are a tweaker you need to factor in the cost of the tweak.

the words bare minimum are there for a reason. 500 much better.

Robynkate
01-25-2007, 12:45 PM
It does seem like a large chunk of change when you first see the prices but i think its fair considering the number of artists at the event. Just going to a couple of concerts where i live would be at least 250 possibly more with just one musician.I think the real rip off is ticketmaster there service charges just seem to be going up up up all the time just one big money grab and for what i don't know half the time there isn't another option for getting tickets ticketmaster has it made a $21.45 Convenience charge is a joke!!!!

Sexecutioner
01-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Price was the same last year $85 for single day and $165 for 2 day passes... There was about 93 bands if I counted correctly.

are you sure about that? i could have sworn they were 75 last year, but i could be mistaken. if i am, then most of my argument goes out the window, but i think i would still prefer the same amount of bands in a 2 day festival with more overlap...assuming they get the scheduling right again, which is pretty subjective.

and suprefan, your opinion doesnt count cuz you are rich (and a scalper). haha, jk...sorta. :-P

Courtney
01-25-2007, 12:56 PM
It makes sense that they would charge more for tickets. It costs more for them. (Rent, employees, etc.)

foto_synthesis
01-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Yeah, it is is expensive... check out the cost for 2 people flying in from miami...
Tix = $500
Flight & car $800
tent & supplies = atleast $300
food, booze, water = some ridiculous amount of money

But, then again... I'll never get another chance to see Bjork, Dj Shadow, & Peeping Tom all in the same weekend! :-)

suprefan
01-25-2007, 04:38 PM
and suprefan, your opinion doesnt count cuz you are rich (and a scalper). haha, jk...sorta. :-P

Oh and I was looking at my Coachella poster thats on my wall for that info, so thats pretty reliable.. And I plan ahead b**ch... Take the scalper comment back.... You know you still luv me ;)

hawkingvsreeve
01-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Adding an extra day adds a lot of expenses for GV. Staff and security are probably the biggest costs. They have to pay for it somewhow, my guess is with the extra cost from tickets. But you sound like you've been going to this for a while. This will be my 5th, and I've figured out how to significantly reduce my costs for the weekend. If my math is correct, I will spend right around 400 (and that is rounding up, also not including merch) for the 4 days I will be out there. This includes tickets, lodging for 4 nights, food, water and gas. It's possible. Also, if you save for it all year, it becomes less of a burden on your wallet when ticket purchasing time rolls around.

JOEJOEJOE
01-25-2007, 05:01 PM
seriously...$250 (+ ass rape service charge) for a 3 day pass, and thats not including cost of travel, place to stay, and food/drink/party supplies.

GV figured it out. now they can make more money off the same amount of bands by spreading it out. Now its 3 days, and they somehow charge more for each day, even though there are less bands per day, and they make way more money. GV, i thought you were different, but now i see you are just the same as everybody else. good job you blood sucking assholes.

dont get me wrong, i love coachella, but partly cuz it used to me more about quality music and less about the almighty dollar that dominates the rest of the entertainment industry. but now it seems to be evening out. still a great lineup, but way too expensive.

thank god i make decent money or i wouldnt be able to enjoy all this good music. sucks for the hard core music fans that dont have the luxury of being rich (not that i am, but i live comfortably, until april. then i eat top roman for a couple months). not everybody has an extra $500 (at the very least) to go see a good festival. i liked it better when it was 2 days, $75/day, and just as many bands, and i only had to take 1 day off work, not 2.

as a staple of the coachella lineup once said...

"cash in now honey!"

$$$$$$$

You make it sound as if GV is denying people food and shelter....this is a 3 day festival....no one is guaranteed to be able to afford entertainment in life....its discretionary!

No one is forcing you or anyone else to attend all 3 days..........going to Coachella and having enough money for "party supplies" is not a right, nor are your required to attend.

Keep in mind that GV incurs a risk every year.....the first Coachella almost put Goldenvoice out of business......would you have kicked-in a few extra bucks to help them absorb the losses that year?....they are far from "Blood sucking assholes"

Instead of hoping them to keep the ticket price down at your level, why not worry about being able to increase your income so that you can come up to their level?

suprefan
01-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Adding an extra day adds a lot of expenses for GV. Staff and security are probably the biggest costs. They have to pay for it somewhow, my guess is with the extra cost from tickets. But you sound like you've been going to this for a while. This will be my 5th, and I've figured out how to significantly reduce my costs for the weekend. If my math is correct, I will spend right around 400 (and that is rounding up, also not including merch) for the 4 days I will be out there. This includes tickets, lodging for 4 nights, food, water and gas. It's possible. Also, if you save for it all year, it becomes less of a burden on your wallet when ticket purchasing time rolls around.

Yeah 5th time too, you learn the ropes pretty quick if this is something you plan to do every year. Back in 2004 I started a savings account with ING that had high interest and put money in there and had some nice change when tickets went on sale for 2005. So like little things such as that help. Also I had put $20 aside each paycheck since November last year, so that was enough to cover my ticket cost right there... I'm taking about $400 just to spend, luckily I have a Civic so 1 tank of gas is plenty for the entire trip..

gaplus
01-25-2007, 06:05 PM
I stay up till 3am perth time.....

$671.75 US for a pair of 3 day passes and a pair of camping passes

thats 77.75 US in inconvenience charges, facility charges, order processing and delivery fees. Thanks ticketmaster .

Add the fact that I need to convert that to the Aussie dollars (thanks credit card for the 1.5% conversion fee to put the nail in)

that hurts...it really hurts

tessalasset
01-25-2007, 06:15 PM
lol

Sexecutioner
01-25-2007, 08:59 PM
You make it sound as if GV is denying people food and shelter....this is a 3 day festival....no one is guaranteed to be able to afford entertainment in life....its discretionary!

No one is forcing you or anyone else to attend all 3 days..........going to Coachella and having enough money for "party supplies" is not a right, nor are your required to attend.

i never said entertainment is my right. i said its becoming so expensive that a lot of people probably can't afford it now, and that i liked the 2 day format better for cost reasons.

Keep in mind that GV incurs a risk every year.....the first Coachella almost put Goldenvoice out of business......would you have kicked-in a few extra bucks to help them absorb the losses that year?....they are far from "Blood sucking assholes"

haha, i wouldn't exaclty call coachella a "risk" anymore. sure, it was the first couple years, but after it established itself as one of the premier music festivals in the world, i dont think they have had to worry much about making money. now its just a question of how much they will make. and they can choose wheather they limit their profits by doing certain things to make it a better concert going experience for everybody (like limiting tickets to less than 50,000 or so, keeping ticket prices down, etc), or they can just choose to cash in as much as possible at the cost of us, the attendees.

thats what used to seperate them from the rest of the festivals out there. they went the extra mile to provide the best experience for us. now it seems they are losing sight of that a bit. who knows, i dont work there, maybe im wrong, but id wager that they make quite a bit, and could lower prices and still make quite a bit.

Instead of hoping them to keep the ticket price down at your level, why not worry about being able to increase your income so that you can come up to their level?

wtf? you think im not trying to make more money? who isnt? that was a retarded comment.

Oh and I was looking at my Coachella poster thats on my wall for that info, so thats pretty reliable.. And I plan ahead b**ch... Take the scalper comment back.... You know you still luv me

what? what poster are you talking about? ive never seen ticket prices on the posters. lol, you're alright, but i dont know if i can take the comment back quite yet. you gotta prove yourself. :)

Yeah 5th time too, you learn the ropes pretty quick if this is something you plan to do every year. Back in 2004 I started a savings account with ING that had high interest and put money in there and had some nice change when tickets went on sale for 2005. So like little things such as that help. Also I had put $20 aside each paycheck since November last year, so that was enough to cover my ticket cost right there...

yea, thats good planning. i used to always get a nice tax refund that would cover most of my trip, but the last couple years i didnt get shit cuz i think i make a lot more than i used to (see joejoe, im comin up, so dont you worry about me, bitch).

suprefan
01-25-2007, 09:25 PM
i
what? what poster are you talking about? ive never seen ticket prices on the posters. lol, you're alright, but i dont know if i can take the comment back quite yet. you gotta prove yourself. :)
).

I'm trying to prove myself by helping everyone else out on here and answering questions so Dani doesnt need to like hold everyones hand. Yeah the bottom of all my Coachella posters has the pricing and stuff on it...

Mystagogue
01-25-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm trying to prove myself by helping everyone else out on here and answering questions so Dani doesnt need to like hold everyones hand. Yeah the bottom of all my Coachella posters has the pricing and stuff on it...

Seems like half of your posts are answering questions and the other half are filled with unnecessary flaming.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
01-25-2007, 09:33 PM
I guess the thing that stings for me about the price is that I got tickets for Lollapalooza in 06 for $45 for the 3 days through a presale!

Kinda puts the $2500 for 4 days at Coachella a little in perspective...

And I wouldn't sell the tickets for twice as much!

suprefan
01-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Seems like half of your posts are answering questions and the other half are filled with unnecessary flaming.

So you combed through almost 400 posts? OK somebody doesnt have a life....

Mystagogue
01-25-2007, 09:40 PM

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Obviously I didn't sit there and read EVERY post...I'm talking about posts of yours I've seen, there's a lot of flaming mixed in with some good information.

It's cool that you're trying to help people, but next time you're writing something, think to yourself..."Am I being an asshole?" If yes, don't post it.

tnordy
01-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Mao2n2FsCxA

tessalasset
01-25-2007, 11:20 PM
and they can choose wheather they limit their profits by doing certain things to make it a better concert going experience for everybody (like limiting tickets to less than 50,000 or so, keeping ticket prices down, etc), or they can just choose to cash in as much as possible at the cost of us, the attendees.if only you knew what you were talking about.

Sexecutioner
01-25-2007, 11:24 PM
if only you knew what you were talking about.

yea, sometimes i wish i knew what i was talking about too.
but seriously, why do you say that? i said i could be wrong, and if you know something i dont, why dont you enlighten me.

oh, and since the 1 day ticket prices were the same last year, i guess i am partly full of shit. but i'd still like to save 100 bucks and cram it all into 2 days.

tallboy52483
01-25-2007, 11:53 PM
Coachellacard...

$30.00 for water for the entire weekend.

Seeing Rage Against the fucking machine: priceless

end of story

tessalasset
01-26-2007, 12:04 AM
but i'd still like to save 100 bucks and cram it all into 2 days.ok so this is the gist of what you're saying then. all im saying is, if you don't know the full story, don't assume they're raising the ticket prices/spreading the days out just to get more money. there could be a lot more to it than we could even imagine. (that's not me being cryptic; i really don't know how many expenses actually go into this festival).

Sexecutioner
01-26-2007, 11:19 AM
all im saying is, if you don't know the full story, don't assume they're raising the ticket prices/spreading the days out just to get more money. there could be a lot more to it than we could even imagine. (that's not me being cryptic; i really don't know how many expenses actually go into this festival).

You are right, only GV knows. I'm just taking a guess based on what I've observed from attending throughout the years. It's like a lot of things in entertainment I guess. It starts off good, then as it gets more popular and mainstream, it makes changes to accommodate all its new fans, which usually causes it to lose some of what made it so different and special in the first place.

downingthief
01-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Everything goes up...just the nature of the Beast that is a consumer world. As long as there is value in what I am "purchasing", I am ok with it. I love music, I've enjoyed every Coachella, and this year's lineup is amazing. So, that fits for me. True, if you are a starving student a three day pass may be tough. BUT, what about just going 1 day...2 days?

boyalien0
01-26-2007, 03:28 PM
i am a little peeved at GV saving a buck by double booking artists for both this festival and stagecoach. if i wanted to see nickel creek or willie nelson, i'd go to freaking stagecoach. keep your festivals separate, dammit!

airguitarvet
01-26-2007, 04:54 PM
i got raped- but i liked it.

pascual
02-12-2007, 01:56 PM
I said it somewhere else: If Manu Chao knew that this is just a bunch of rich american kids, he would think twice about playing there.
I've been to 3 coachella weekends, and it breaks my heart to not go this year, but what they are charging, plus ticketmonsters fees is like being raped in the ass with no lube or spit or anything.
The world is hungry and i don't want to be part of this american bullshit bubble.

DeltaSigChi4
02-12-2007, 03:51 PM
like being raped in the ass with no lube or spit or anything.

aoh my.

E

dualmoodswings
02-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Coachellacard...

$30.00 for water for the entire weekend.

Seeing Rage Against the fucking machine: priceless

end of story

agreed and iŽll eat grass...

For me (as an outsider of the U.S) is a must-live experience, yes, is kinda expensive (about 650 dlls, now translate it in pesos, A FUCKING LOT) this is my 5th coachella, and gets better every year, economically talking, i plan my trip much better. Im not gonna lie, the first time was a fucking hell... with a beautiful soundtrack (Pixies and Radiohead in Ž04).

so dude... is NOT expensive. you have time to save some money.

crazzz2007
02-12-2007, 05:42 PM
i am a little peeved at GV saving a buck by double booking artists for both this festival and stagecoach. if i wanted to see nickel creek or willie nelson, i'd go to freaking stagecoach. keep your festivals separate, dammit!

do you really think willie nelson is playing both festivals for the price of one? what world do you live in? obviously, he is being paid for both appearances. gv is not saving a buck by double booking artists.

Yablonowitz
02-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Another thing to remember is that Coachella, relative to other festivals like Lolla, relies on less corporate sponsorship, advertising is not crammed down your throat and each stage isn't named after some big bucks corporation. If it were, I think a bunch of people would be bitching about all the corporate sponsorship and how commercial the festival is.

Coachella is worth the money. You probably can see about 6 full sets a day. Average ticket prices for a show are...what...about $25? That's $150 a day, $450 for the three days. Almost double what you pay for the festival. The quality and eclecticism of the lineup and the awesome location of the polo grounds make this a can't miss event.

Living in the boonies like I do means there is no way I'll get to see even three good shows in my hometown in a year. This here is a no brainer is what it is.

Alchemy
02-12-2007, 07:25 PM
If you don't want to go to Coachella, then you can go watch all these bands on their individual shows for the end price of a bagillion dollars.

deadguy
02-12-2007, 09:37 PM
The world is hungry and i don't want to be part of this american bullshit bubble.

You know I used to think that way. I couldn't bring myself to support my local non-profit radio station because 'the world is hungry' and there were way better NGOs to give to than some hipster organization for indie snobs.

The solution was not to stop supporting independent music. It was to give MORE money to the right organizations that I think do help the world. There will always be a better place for you to spend your money. As long as you contribute enough there (with time or money or whatever) you can allow yourself this luxury. Give more, not less.

Another thing to do is replace an expense that you'd have anyway to save up for this - I stopped driving my car and take the bus to work.

Alchemy
02-12-2007, 09:58 PM
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
http://www.mixconnect.com/cds/05/skyballa_rich.jpg

Ardentbiscuit
10-28-2009, 08:04 AM
So how do you feel now that Coachella tickets are 269 + 3 charity fee + service charges?

captncrzy
10-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Random bump

fatbastard
10-28-2009, 08:39 AM
I wish Coachella would charge 600.00 for 3 days. It would be worth the price to have less people there. I want to lay out on the grass without anyone stepping on me!

canexplain
10-28-2009, 08:51 AM

Win.

haha, some of us hippys have more money then some of the students and such here .... win for the hippys .... cr****

BROKENDOLL
10-28-2009, 11:11 AM

01-25-2007, 09:39 PM #39
suprefan
Coachella Junkie
Re: Coachella is now a festival for the rich
01/25/07=400 posts
10/21/09=24,078 posts

THIS is funny shit right here...

getbetter
10-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Just do what i do every year use your tax refund to pay for it

jimmycrackcorn
10-28-2009, 03:39 PM
YAY i'm RICH! :D
-clapping-
at least for 3 days of the year
then i can go back to being poor paycheck to paycheck to pay for next year :(

ryclopse
11-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Another thing to remember is that Coachella, relative to other festivals like Lolla, relies on less corporate sponsorship, advertising is not crammed down your throat and each stage isn't named after some big bucks corporation. If it were, I think a bunch of people would be bitching about all the corporate sponsorship and how commercial the festival is.

A good point. At least the gang hasn't completely whored out stage titles. Imagine, the McGobi tent.

Nobody is mentioning booze expenses. I'm beginning to think my ~$150 or so Heineken allotment for the weekend may be a troubling indicator...

emtgreg
11-17-2009, 01:11 AM
You could always not drink Heineken. I think I might have drank 3 beers in the 4 coachella's I have attended.

gaypalmsprings
05-25-2012, 06:10 AM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/I_279f99_1284044.jpg