PDA

View Full Version : Heat

delyrium
01-24-2007, 10:00 PM
I admit I'm starting to get a little concerned after looking at the pictures of tents packed in like sardines. I saw Pearl Jam at the Gorge in Washington last June (or July?) and the temperature hit 113 degrees. We didn't get to the campsite till 5 pm but as soon as I got out of the car I thought I would die of heat. I can't believe how draining it is.... Aside from drinking 87 bottles of water a day, how do you cope when with camping there seems to be little escape?

Cancuckgirl
01-24-2007, 11:03 PM
drinking, showering, drinking, showering..... and yes, we got out of the car and thought we were going to die. Same feeling you will get in your tent at 7am in the morning when you are camping. as for camping they work in a grid system that seems really dorky at first suntil it gets dark and then you start counting 3 over 4 down or is it 4 down and 3 over? it is like an alphabet last year we were p12 and word of advice get as close to the edge and try to get closest to the showers, the lineups come and go and it is nice to keep and eye on it.

C DUB YA
01-24-2007, 11:09 PM
its freakin hot - no way round it

911wasaninsidejob
01-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Gonna be HOT in the A.M. hours!!

http://www.wunderground.com/NORMS/DisplayNORMS.asp?AirportCode=KTRM&SafeCityName=Indio&StateCode=CA&Units=none&IATA=TRM

tiffdud41
01-26-2007, 08:49 PM
battery powered tent fans, shade, don't dehydrate yourself by drinking way too much

to escape the heat last year I'd take little road trips in the AM hours before the fest opened with the A/C cranked....stopped at starbucks, found a movie theatre, shopped at Ross...all that just to avoid the heat and the inheirent grumpiness that goes along with it.

SWEETSHIVERBURN
01-27-2007, 05:28 PM
BRING ON THE DRY HEAT...ITS FREEZING HERE!!!

bartelby
01-27-2007, 06:51 PM
in '04 when we pulled up in the parking lot the car said the outside temp was 35 celcius (95 or so farenheit) and this was at NOON!!!

man that was a hot day...