PDA

View Full Version : Is there anywhere to buy a hat?!

newtocoachella
04-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Hey does anyone know if there are stalls selling things like hats? I've scoured San Diego and haven't found one - all I want is a plain regular girls straw cowboy hat for the shade :)

mozabilly54
04-26-2007, 12:25 PM
i got one down in OB last summer. check there. I've always seen them there.

JustSteve
04-26-2007, 12:26 PM
check out any of the surf shops in the area and you will find one.

newtocoachella
04-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Where's OB?

mozabilly54
04-26-2007, 12:39 PM
OB = ocean beach. I thought you said you were from San Diego?

zombie
04-26-2007, 12:41 PM
i need to get a hat too - LOL i was just about to post a "what kind of hat should i get" thread? :lame:

speaking of which, what kind of hat do you guys suggest?:lool

newtocoachella
04-26-2007, 12:51 PM
No, I'm from the UK, I've only been staying in San Diego for a couple weeks!

And Zombie - talking to people they seem to suggest hats with brims to give you the only shade you're gonna find - those really ugly canvas ones seem popular cos you can pour water over them and stick them back on your head! I want a cowboy one to do the American thing properly..!

somahead
04-26-2007, 12:52 PM
On your way in, drive through Palm Springs shopping district. It is difficult to pass up and there is a hat store I have gone to every year to protect my pale head.

zombie
04-26-2007, 12:53 PM
No, I'm from the UK, I've only been staying in San Diego for a couple weeks!

And Zombie - talking to people they seem to suggest hats with brims to give you the only shade you're gonna find - those really ugly canvas ones seem popular cos you can pour water over them and stick them back on your head! I want a cowboy one to do the American thing properly..!

yee haw! lol - yeah i think your people are right - i need to get a brim... maybe i'll go cowboy too.. thanks! :)

algunz
04-26-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm wearing a cheapo straw cowboy hat that my dad picked up in Cuba.

somahead
04-26-2007, 12:59 PM
I stick with the "fisherman" hats with the smaller brim. Large cowboy hats can be annoying in a crowd. You just need enough to cover the face in shade and you are good to go. Plus at night, the canvas fisherman hats crumple up easy into the pocket or backpack, as opposed to cowboy hats.

http://www.ehow.com/images/ehows/steps/fishbasket4_L.jpg
Presented with a bottle of lotion.

algunz
04-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Yes, I did find myself carrying my hat around a bit by the end of the day, but it also served great as a beer stand.