PDA

View Full Version : Air in Tacoma

smokealotapotamus
04-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Was amazing. I dont remember the whole set list, but they opened with Night Sight, then Venus, Cherry Blossom Girl, Run, Mer Du Japon, Photograph, Sexy Boy, Talisman, Remember, La Voyage De Penelope, Le Femme d'Argent... That's what I seem to remember. It was amazing, if anybody wants to know what their light show was like and what not, I'll leave that up to you to youtube, or something. I'm not about to give anything away.

The way that the theater is structured, there's only one place you can go to smoke cigarettes if you're backstage. I was hanging out an hour early, and I hear these french people chatting, sure enough, it's the road crew. I sit tight and eventually meet Nicolas Godin. He shakes my hand and asks if I'm a big fan, and then winks. He asked my opinion of Pocket Symphony, "Oh, Jarvis? yeah, Jarvis is great..." We had a talk about the differences in Language and how it is percieved differently through out the world (Air being French, with English lyrics.) He went back into the building, and 15 - 20 minutes later, Jean-Benoît Dunckel comes out with drummer Earl Harvin (of the Earl Harvin Trio), and I introduce myself, shake hands and that's about it. Ended up getting autographs after the show.

The opening act Kate Havnevik was a lot of fun, and very unexpected (I didnt know who was opening). She gave me sort of a "not so abstract bjork meets air and the cranberries" impression. The effects that the bassist was getting by putting his upright through effects pedals and synths were fucking rad. I asked her if she had any desire to play coachella, and she said that she wants to play next year, but that she'll just be hanging out this year. Very impressive show. I really wish I had somebody go with me that could have been sober, so I could take some doses. Incredible...

BlueDevil50
04-25-2007, 08:10 PM
nice...cant wait to see them!
so no..once upon a time? universal traveler? all i need??? daaaaaaaamn

smokealotapotamus
04-25-2007, 08:17 PM
no surfing on a rocket, alpha beta gaga (for the whistle along... I know amy, I know.) and no playground love (which i'm not too upset about, but was expecting) like I said, Im sure that i'm missing some tunes. Just found this video on youtube, the large shadowy figure on the right that's kind of bobbing around, is me. TH-HwjoRsK0 (they must have played this for at least 10 minutes)

smokealotapotamus
04-25-2007, 10:38 PM
maybe even 15 minutes...

shakermaker113
04-26-2007, 12:29 AM
nice. now I'm looking forward. :-)

smokealotapotamus
04-26-2007, 12:36 PM
I can only look backward...