PDA

View Full Version : what do i do for food if im camping????

voltavoltavolta!!!
04-25-2007, 07:41 PM
i see that theres a rule against bringing a camping stove, but im a poor college student, im trying to do this as cheaply as possible- is the food that they have onsite highway robbery like warped tour and stuff, or is it reasonable? should i make 4 days worth of sandwiches? is it just as easy to go off-site and get some fast food or something? anyone? please?

suprefan
04-25-2007, 07:45 PM
There are food vendors on the camp grounds. Prices are reasonable. Bring all that stuff if you want, most people are. Fast food places are up the road a bit so if you had to do that every night by all means.

joshuacashua
04-25-2007, 07:50 PM
can you bring in water?

rno2worriesx
04-25-2007, 08:05 PM
yaaaa, can you?!

lush6
04-25-2007, 08:06 PM
I do remember the food being highway robbery. $5 for a dry veggie burger patty in a bun, no lettuce or anything. Ugh. It especially sucked ass because there was no re-entry to go eat lunch at the campsite. I made up for it by sneaking Clif bars in, and gorging myself before each day.

We brought a cooler to the campsite last year. It was filled with stuff for sandwiches, juice, fruit, chips... Stuff like that. It worked out pretty well. If I were going to camp again, and had a car, I'd do the tailgate thing with a camp stove near the car rather than in the campsite. Steak and potatoes every night. :)

Yes, last year they let us bring in water. We got a few 1 gallon jugs and our Nalgenes.