PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE QUESTIONS - HELP ME!!!

jebomey
01-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Alright then. I'm from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada & I'm thinking about heading down to coachella this year to see rage. I just have a couple of questions for some vertans that have attened the festival before...

1) Where is the best/closest airiport to fly into? is it palm springs?

2) What is the name of the town/desert that Coachella is held in?

3) is it true they don't allow any water in the festival site even if it is a sealed botttle? I went to Bonnaroo 2 years ago & they would only allow sealed bottles in. Thats fucking brutal if they don't...

4) Will 3 day passes & camping passes sell out fast??!!! If I wait until late febuary to buy my tickets will they still be available? or do I have to buy them on saturday to garentee a ticket?

5) I WILL NOT HAVE A CAR, NOR CAN I RENT ONE. Is there a shuttle that will take me from whatever the closest airiport is, to Coachella? Is the camp ground close enough to walk to when the day is over. If I have to stay in a hotel, are there shuttles to & from Coachella for most of the near by hotels?

6) Are the near by hotels expensive? how much can I expect to pay per night? Can anyone suggest anything close to coachella thats cheap?

7) How hot does it Ussually get in California @ the end of April? I'm a pale skinned canadian boy & I burn very easy. Will this festival be hell for me?

8) is there any kind of access to water of any kind in the festival & camp grounds just to rinse off in? not nessecarelly to drink?

9) I'm on a very limited budget. not including ticket & travel costs, what the minuim I can expect to spend @ the festival if I end up buying all my food & water there?

If anyone could help me out with these questions it would be much appreciated! I hope to be there!

codytwo
01-24-2007, 08:09 PM
The name of the town that Coachella is held in is Indio, California, which is in the Coachella Valley, which I believe is part of the Palm Desert.

Last year you could bring pretty much nothing into the festival grounds, and they looked specifically for bottled water. Water is available very very easily, but it is 2 dollars a bottle. You can bring food and drinks into the camping area as long as its not alcoholic or in a glass container.

It gets really fucking hot. You will be in the middle of the desert, and if you are from Canada you are in for a hot, sweaty, fun time.

There are drinking fountains on the festival grounds, but I think there are only two of them. The lines are fucking enormous. They want you to buy water. There are free showers in the camping area.

As far as food expenses, the food is expensive, but you generally get what you pay for, since they give you quite a bit of food and its delicious and filling. The breakfast burritos are huge and delicious and not ridiculously priced. Remember, you're going to be in California. Everything is .50-2.00 more expensive than the rest of the country.

For other questions, go to the ***/Rules section of the main Coachella site.

Courtney
01-24-2007, 08:09 PM
1) Palm Springs is the closest, followed by Ontario

2) http://www.coachella.com/event/directions

3) No sealed bottles. But water inside is only $2, and you can refill for free.

4) If the past is any guide, they likely won't sell out immediately. In previous years, I think Psychic Friend has been kind enough to post a sort of warning on this board when tickets are close to selling out.

5) There is no shuttle bus that I know of. I would try to find a rideshare if possible. Otherwise, you could look into bus and taxi options.

6) http://www.coachella.com/visitors/hotels

7) It varies year to year, but it's very hot. You'll need sunscreen.

8) Yes. The festival grounds will have potable water faucets to refill bottles (or do whatever else you want with it), and the campgrounds have showers.

9) http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=741

jebomey
01-24-2007, 08:33 PM
how long is the drive from the palm springs airport to Coachella?

Courtney
01-24-2007, 08:40 PM
how long is the drive from the palm springs airport to Coachella?

http://maps.google.com/

SWEETSHIVERBURN
01-24-2007, 09:04 PM
i am driving from western new york and we have budgeted $1600 or so for everything.
I would camp to tell you the truth. Without a car and unless your going with someone who has or can rent one.. the hotels are far and expensive..more than likely sold out.

camping is $45 for the three(4) days.

Bring sunscreen and a hat plus light coat for the night time. and insect replent..lol.

There is a list on here of the 25 things you should bring which i think is very handy. and it was brutal hot last year. I ate breakfest on the road and drank 4 bottles of water all day and eat a hamburger around 6pm and was fine till 3am when we did a fast food run.

dflood75
01-24-2007, 10:15 PM
it gets expensive! You get hungry and thirsty. I usually way overspend at this thing... So worth it! Its a great experience...