PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else getting sick?...

ThomThom
04-25-2007, 01:38 PM
I am coming down with something, of course right before show time, anybody else getting fucked over with some sort of cold or flu?

What remedies are you trying or what have you tried in the past when something like this almost happened?

judgejudy
04-25-2007, 01:40 PM
take cold eaze. it works wonders.

I'm Rosetta Stoned
04-25-2007, 01:41 PM
I've been sick all week, take a bunch of airborn drink a bunch of water good luck!!

TomAz
04-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Airborn. yes.

suprefan
04-25-2007, 01:46 PM
I have been drinking Thera Flu every night so far to keep me fine until tomorrow. This weather has not been the best in so cal the last week. Sunny to rain to cold to hot again.

julesG
04-25-2007, 01:47 PM
poor thing...I hope you feel better....!

I would suggest lots of rest, water, taking Airborne or Emergen-C (you can get either at Whole Foods or Trader Joes). If you have a cold (not the flu) you will feel better in 2 or 3 days. Do not take any antibiotics if you plan to drink...you will get even sicker being in the heat and all.

If this doesnt work, just load up on lots of Tylenol non-drowsey cold medicine and alcohol and deal with the consequences on Monday.

full on idle
04-25-2007, 01:48 PM
whiskey and a steel will.

ThomThom
04-25-2007, 01:51 PM
I started taking this Tylenol cold multi-symptom liquid crap last night and today along with a butt load of vitamins and airborne but I am still dreading the worst, don't you fucking hate it when you almost make it but end up catching the bug right before your about to depart???...Can I bring my tylenol cold liquid inside the camping grounds?

matsuolost
04-25-2007, 01:57 PM
i am getting sick godammit and i was wishing that it wouldnt happen. fucking sick bitch at my class

Hannahrain
04-25-2007, 01:57 PM
I don't know where you'll find something like this, but when I'm sick I drink a ginger syrup that is basically ginger, honey, and grain alcohol that someone I know makes. It works wonders. If you can find something similar, I'd recommend that. Also, go to a health food or import store and get those chewy ginger candies. GINGER.

Did I mention that I recommend ginger?

amyzzz
04-25-2007, 01:58 PM
I thought ginger was just for upset tummies.

ThomThom
04-25-2007, 02:00 PM
I thought ginger was just for upset tummies.

That's what I thought

Hannahrain
04-25-2007, 02:05 PM
It's spicy enough that it makes your head feel clearer if you are congested.

Also, congested is a really ugly word.

SojuGorae
04-25-2007, 02:29 PM
I don't know where you'll find something like this, but when I'm sick I drink a ginger syrup that is basically ginger, honey, and grain alcohol that someone I know makes. It works wonders. If you can find something similar, I'd recommend that. Also, go to a health food or import store and get those chewy ginger candies. GINGER.

Did I mention that I recommend ginger?

That sounds like what my mom used to make whenever I got a cold except she also added some sort of root as well.

Boourns
04-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Had a sinus infection for almost two weeks now. Still not all better.

ThomThom
04-25-2007, 02:41 PM
Had a sinus infection for almost two weeks now. Still not all better.

Those things fucking suck, I had one once for over a month

lindseyb
04-25-2007, 02:48 PM
echinacea
grapefruit seed extract
fluids
sleep
tell yourself you aren't sick

matsuolost
04-25-2007, 02:51 PM
tell yourself you aren't sick

probably the best advice
i was so obsessed with not being sick that i ended up telling myself i was
and now i kinda am haha but not for long
im not sick im not sick im not

lindseyb
04-25-2007, 02:58 PM
don't think about it too much, though. just think about other stuff. picture yourself well and happy and feeling great at coachella and it will happen.

BoneDaddy
04-25-2007, 03:03 PM
I started getting sick last Thursday. Felt like total crap by Sat/Sun. Went to a doc Sun night. Strep. Antibiotics will be done Thursday. Feeling pretty good now.

This happened before Coachella '02 too. Last week I was thinking, you've got to be kidding me with this again!!!!!!

Should be good to go by Friday.

Good luck!!!!

pinkpiglet
04-25-2007, 03:36 PM
I swear this works...take benadryl and drink lots of tea with honey it does wonders. clears up ur throat and ur nose dont spend money on nyquil and all that other crap cause it doesnt work...most of all get lots of rest

rampaige
04-25-2007, 03:40 PM

I second this. They're cough drops that shorten the duration of your cold. Sounds bunk, but I swear they work. It helps to consume them like crack.

menikmati
04-25-2007, 04:02 PM
I had a nagging cough last year, but I think I'm good to go this year.

gaypalmsprings
04-25-2007, 04:03 PM
I have anal itching and excessive earwax.

ThomThom
04-25-2007, 04:09 PM

Any particular flavor and/or type of Cold Eaze...I went to the store and was completely overwhelmed by how many different kinds they had

menikmati
04-25-2007, 04:10 PM
just start pounding the vicks

bmack86
04-25-2007, 04:19 PM
yeah, I'm getting sick. stupid sick roommates plaguing me with their colds

ewiggy
04-25-2007, 04:24 PM
whiskey and a steel will.

will gin work?

I don't know where you'll find something like this, but when I'm sick I drink a ginger syrup that is basically ginger, honey, and grain alcohol that someone I know makes. It works wonders.

this is an excuse to cover up your alcoholism, and i won't stand for it. it's cool. we're all alcoholics here. ain't no thang.

woogie846
04-25-2007, 04:27 PM
I've been congested all week.

i_like_cake530
04-25-2007, 04:31 PM
I am coming down with something, of course right before show time, anybody else getting fucked over with some sort of cold or flu?

What remedies are you trying or what have you tried in the past when something like this almost happened?

for sore throats, although its sucks, gargle salt water

Hannahrain
04-25-2007, 06:40 PM
this is an excuse to cover up your alcoholism, and i won't stand for it. it's cool. we're all alcoholics here. ain't no thang.

Yous good poelple, (hiccup) ewigy. The hting abotu youi s that (hiccup) you'r awlays there for me (hiccup) when i need a frend, but youare totez wrogn about htis (hiccup) one.

I couldn't decide which of these two things to post, so alternatively...

I'll drink to that.