PDA

View Full Version : so is this going to suck?

paniikd
04-25-2007, 01:25 PM
im going to the festival alone. with no idea where im going to stay everynight. lol.

jess.

give me some honest opinions.

judgejudy
04-25-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm going alone, it's my first time and i'm stuck sleeping in my car for 2 nights.

paniikd
04-25-2007, 01:28 PM
maybe we can be homeless together...lol...who are you? we can meet up?

jess.

Mabdul Doobakus
04-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Going alone is no big deal, but I'm told sleeping in your car is illegal in California.

Momoschaf
04-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Make friends :) It's gonna be fun. They're all nice people. I'm going with a guy from Germany I met for 3 days and another guy that I met once at the airport xD so take it easy.

Senor Cardgage
04-25-2007, 01:30 PM
That sucks.
Sorry to hear it.

If I were you, I would go to a motel in Indio that has alot of peeps from Coachella at it. Be cool enough to party with them, but pretend youre staying at the same motel. Get wasted and pass out at the party in their room.

wakeupyounger
04-25-2007, 01:32 PM
You two should totally meet up!!

canexplain
04-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Going alone is no big deal, but I'm told sleeping in your car is illegal in California.

depends on where you sleep but ya, you might get busted ... buy a 50 buck tent and sleep in one of the campgrounds around the area ... plus you are going to melt inside your car ... but going to the show alone is actually sort of fun ... its all you and you dont have to keep track of anyone or feel like you need to compromise on who to see, think you need to make sure "they" are having a good time, etc .... solo is cool, sometimes ... cr*****

billtino
04-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Bring a tent and buy a camping ground ticket from a scalper (at or below face value!)...there will be ppl selling em outside.

bonerfromgrowingpains
04-25-2007, 02:22 PM
im going to the festival alone. with no idea where im going to stay everynight. lol.

jess.

give me some honest opinions.

the best western in indio will allow anyone to sleep on their grounds...they will even let you eat their food and use the pool...you should check them out

judgejudy
04-25-2007, 03:07 PM
maybe we can be homeless together...lol...who are you? we can meet up?

jess.

I'll be sleeping in my car here:
Flying J - Thousand Palms
72235 Varner Rd.
Thousand Palms CA 92276
I-10 Exit 130

There are showers, food, restrooms, etc. I'll be there Friday and Saturday night.

CiderMouseRules
04-25-2007, 03:10 PM
Last year and this year I am going semi-alone. My buddy and I text and meet up for a handful of sets. I like to watch the shows alone.

jackstraw94086
04-25-2007, 03:39 PM
your trip may not suck. You, however, may have to in order ensure that it doesn't.

i_like_cake530
04-25-2007, 04:35 PM
your trip may not suck. You, however, may have to in order ensure that it doesn't.

haha, im thinkin new sig

Melchoir
04-25-2007, 05:05 PM
I ended up going alone last yr for Sat. It was nice. I didnt have to wait for any friends to pick what they want to see. Didnt have to keep track of people in the crowd. I saw what i wanted. Chilled, took pictures, hang out, ate, had some brownies... took more pictures.

Then i met up with some other friends on Sunday, which eventually lead me to be along for the bulk of the night too. Its pretty fun. Just set sometime to meet up with friends and wander alone. If not, set sometime to talk to random strangers. I mean its a giant music festival, start a conversation with somethign about music, you will bound to find someone.